Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen ~ Challenging Epic Planar High Fantasy MMORPG

I do think Pantheon will release before SC. But lately I've been concentrating on Monsters & Memories. Just seems more aligned to my beliefs about these kind of games. PROTF is going really mainstream on their systems.

Never heard of M&M before and just watched a video. It's like they took EQ1 and stuffed it into Unity engine lol. Don't think I could go back to 25 year old graphics.

Never heard of M&M before and just watched a video. It's like they took EQ1 and stuffed it into Unity engine lol. Don't think I could go back to 25 year old graphics.
It's obviously subjective. Their decision was to try and follow 80/s90s style painted art look, like some companies use pixel graphics still because they like the aesthetics. They also want to keep things simple so the game can be maintained with a small team to help remain profitable in such a niche space.

It's trying to get there hope this isn't the final Art animations look 2002 if you ask me the animations are really stiff they don't flow through.

I never see videos of this game and think it looks anything but super generic and the fact that it's been in development for so long does not inspire confidence,

I never see videos of this game and think it looks anything but super generic and the fact that it's been in development for so long does not inspire confidence,
Join the crowd.

They've started over 2 times now. The last time they started over was in 2018, so really beyond just design, everything in game has had just about 5 years of work on it.

Yeah it doesn't even look as good as Everquest 2 I know the farther you get int the game the bigger the prize but is the grind going to be worth it with so many other choices on the market. This is the Alpha they been showing off for years so maybe the textures are just missing on purpose. You have a game like Rift which looks friggin Amazing it's all about eye Candy so to have someone lower their expectation and digest this game is going to take some convincing.

I logged into my account the other day Rift to see what it looks like on my calibrated OLED the game is pretty dead except for Gold Farmers but man does the game look good for being 2011. Plus the clouds move in the game like I never seen in any game before. Too bad Trion went under and sold out the screenshot is from a level 50+ Zone.

20230327115439_1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: zrikz
like this
Yeah it doesn't even look as good as Everquest 2 I know the farther you get int the game the bigger the prize but is the grind going to be worth it with so many other choices on the market. This is the Alpha they been showing off for years so maybe the textures are just missing on purpose. You have a game like Rift which looks friggin Amazing it's all about eye Candy so to have someone lower their expectation and digest this game is going to take some convincing.

I logged into my account the other day Rift to see what it looks like on my calibrated OLED the game is pretty dead except for Gold Farmers but man does the game look good for being 2011. Plus the clouds move in the game like I never seen in any game before. Too bad Trion went under and sold out the screenshot is from a level 50+ Zone.
I actually really liked Rift. I wish there was a private server for it, so i can go back and lay around in it. Everquest will probably always be my favorite, but it is a bit dated as well as not being very solo friendly along witht he community being largely gone.
I recently played WoW Dragonflight for a bit and it seems I just do not like the newer MMOs. The trend of having 15+ abilities you need to use while also dancing around the tons of colors on the ground (some you want to stand in, some you want to avoid) is just not for me. I miss the older, simpler days. My favorite MMO memories are of using my monk to try to pull our way to the different bosses. If Pantheon can bring back some of that while also offering some solo-ability, I might just play. I do laugh that in order to get in to the current "alpha" you have to spend 250+.

I loved rift, at least the first year or so of it.

I too have fond memories of EQ, and have gone back once or twice for a progression servers, but that was before I had kids/toddlers running around. I just don't have the time to spend 2+ hours in a group to gain minimal experience, especially when 30+ minutes of that is usually trying to find a group.

I had high hopes for pantheon years ago, now I'm not so sure, especially with it leaning more towards mandatory group content for progression.. that and it being on an endless development cycle.

From what I'm seeing is that pantheon is not even following an eq gameplay style. Watching the direlord overview. You have an ability that silences a caster for 2 seconds. Big deal. Seems to be the button mashing nonsense. Not like eqs gameplay where buffs and debuffs last minutes (or hours)

Hey Carpal Tunnel is real I bet they never thought of that you can get RSI from MMOs real easy. A click goes all the way up your arm but maybe that is the allure? As the audience gets older more prone to injury.

Hey Carpal Tunnel is real I bet they never thought of that you can get RSI from MMOs real easy. A click goes all the way up your arm but maybe that is the allure? As the audience gets older more prone to injury.
Still-in-withdrawl-EQ-Bard here (pre and post melody). Rumors of RSI are greatly exaggerated. =p I still miss it. Having to start adulting sucked.

From what I'm seeing is that pantheon is not even following an eq gameplay style. Watching the direlord overview. You have an ability that silences a caster for 2 seconds. Big deal. Seems to be the button mashing nonsense. Not like eqs gameplay where buffs and debuffs last minutes (or hours)
Pantheon has moved away from EQ foundation quite a bit. Joppa has been very clear it's not an EQ clone (I'm sure they are worried about attracting a large audience). Check out M&M. It's very similar to EQ and they are not scared of embracing being niche.

What is M&M? Never heard of it.

It's a shame about Pantheon, I'm not sure who their target audience is then? WoW players are not going to play... EQ players are not going to play...

One of these game either Ashes of Creation or Patheon has no Group Finder. Ashes of Creation looks mikes better....just graphics alone..

Patheon looks like a 2002 zen game could be good but playerbase needs to be there.

View: https://youtu.be/1mcLSEBo2-s?si=WWV3bzhsiIcQB_rH

Extraction mode 247 I think this is why it was called Terminus to Begin with. People in the comments section are not too happy on Youtube I think they expected better animations for all the waiting. I'm still holding onto the game Brad said with Vanguard that what you see at level 1
is totally different at level 80.

I think Everquest 2 goes up to level 120 or something.

Oh so that's the 247 feature that got the community manager shit canned when he leaked it several months ago.

Last edited:
https://www.pantheonmmo.com/seasons/

Information about Seasons which will display a new area every month or so. I might jump on this who doesn't wasn't to try this one. Starts Feb 17th for Vip but haven't looled at what package included vip. There is a Visionary Relms Stream Feb 8th today on YouTube.Screenshot_20240208-034904.png

Damn Vip starts at 750.00 =p
Champion starts at 250.00
Support is only 50.00 but you gotta wait longer.

Last edited:
https://www.pantheonmmo.com/seasons/

Information about Seasons which will display a new area every month or so. I might jump on this who doesn't wasn't to try this one. Starts Feb 17th for Vip but haven't looled at what package included vip. There is a Visionary Relms Stream Feb 8th today on YouTube.

Damn Vip starts at 750.00 =p
Champion starts at 250.00
Support is only 50.00 but you gotta wait longer.
This is where they fail for me. The days of the MMO Boom are pretty much over. Now it is a scrap for people not already in WoW, SWTOR, GW2, etc. You need to get people in to build some hype (unless you know its crap). Even Monster & Memories has free weekend tests, where anyone can play. I keep forgetting about this, because without being able to actually play something, I lose interest. Images are sterile and staged, they do not represent the actual game world well.

The animations look like EverQuest 1 but the graphics look a bit the same. I been watching some guy playing EQ on YouTube it's a really cool game if you mod the UI and play in the higher level areas. Just wait until Ashes of Creations hits that game will be worth it they even hired Bill Trost from EQ as the Lead Designer.

Alot people are first playing this week and tend to like it it seems I'm waiting for final release hope it's not two years from now.

Looks like garbage since the art style change but I don't think it plays like garbage by any means people are really addicted. I just don't want to create a account only to have a server wipe and progress lost.

Back