Outriders (Bulletstorm developer)

20210401120453_1.jpg

I chose Technomacer just for long Range stuff I'll solo untill I have to group. I heard the Pyromancer is squishy at first which I just deleted that character. I see they got world difficulty which can alter for better loot kinda like Borderlands 3. The shadows were really prominate on Ultra I turned it down to High the Shadows were not as dark then used shadow boost on my monitor so I can see what I'm doing on my VA panel.

Yeah I can't sign in worth a darn now guess I don't own the game saves are all server side so your at the mercy of the game.

This game is what I thought Destiny would be like when I first saw the screenshots way back then. I beat the first boss took a few tries guy just had mad lighting game is really forgiving though from what I can tell. My only problem is going under cover then going out of cover when like gernades are placed around you it's alot smoother than a Gears of War that is for sure. I played with another player but stuff just seemed to get harder and he left because I was watching all the cut scenes lol. You know with Borderlands you get a special well the specials you equip the X3 of them recharge really fast. I'm like 200xp from level 5 not sure if that is when the skill points open up.

Let us know when you get past the demo content, everything you have posted we already knew. I'm more curious about whether the battle areas get more interesting with better variety and whether the game actually has a gaming hook that hasn't been done before. My main complaint was that it seemed to take a lot of good parts from other games but I'm not really seeing what it does that is new or fresh.

I'll be continuing from the end of the demo on the Technomancer I used on the PC version when I get home.

Welp, HDR is broken when it was working fine in the demo. Enabling HDR makes the colors get very oversaturated on my PC, like they're not using the right color space. Other people are reporting washed out colors with HDR.

The game is only about 43GB unpacked on Steam, by the way. I have no idea where the 70GB number came from.

Game is performing a lot better than the demo. You'll still get some stutter on initial load as I assume that is assets being streamed in. Game is a locked 98 FPS in town on my PC at 4K with Quality DLSS.

Last edited:
I just turned off Post Processing and Motion Blur see if that helps with the colors. Not sure if Bloom is included with Post Processing.
Going to update my drivers as well which I should of done from start. Servers went down again but that is expected the Steam forums are so negative Mixed reviews but the people buying the game on there have mixed up brains.

Last edited:
HDR is broken and colors are oversaturated I don't own a HDR monitor there was a option to turn it off in the Demo but there is nothing.
The latest Nvidia drivers actually make the game stutter so I reverted back to the original set which worked pretty good 461.72

HDR is broken and colors are oversaturated I don't own a HDR monitor there was a option to turn it off in the Demo but there is nothing.
The latest Nvidia drivers actually make the game stutter so I reverted back to the original set which worked pretty good 461.72

if you don't own an HDR monitor then HDR does not effect you...

I'm on the newest driver released on Tuesday and I am getting no stuttering.

besides the PC server issues the gameplay is getting good reviews...I might have to pick this up when they fix the hitching/stuttering issues...

Last edited:
All of the negative reviews bombings on Steam are from babies with mental issues I mean its launch day just because they have s keyboard and eyeballs and a slow computer the bombed the hell out of the game. You wonder why companies launch on Epic because of Steam. Steam is so toxic.

Last edited:
A word to the wise. If you keep the World Tier on the highest setting as it levels up, you will soon find enemies will become bullet sponges and the gameplay will quickly become a chore. The video below offers a solid argument to keep the World Tier relatively low during leveling / first playthrough. World Tier does not affect experience gained and the higher level loot will constantly be replaced anyway. The World Tiers are currently better implemented for end game content and grinding for top tier loot.

Outriders launch issues affect crossplay and DX12 performance

"We are aware of an issue with our DX12 implementation that can cause PC players to encounter stuttering, a hard crash or shader cache issues due to an overloaded CPU." says Square Enix. "We are investigating this urgently and hope to provide a resolution in the near future."

https://www.pcgamer.com/outriders-launch-issues-affect-crossplay-and-dx12-performance/

Outriders launch issues affect crossplay and DX12 performance

"We are aware of an issue with our DX12 implementation that can cause PC players to encounter stuttering, a hard crash or shader cache issues due to an overloaded CPU." says Square Enix. "We are investigating this urgently and hope to provide a resolution in the near future."

https://www.pcgamer.com/outriders-launch-issues-affect-crossplay-and-dx12-performance/

Bought it to play with my brother PC only so looks like it should be fine. I started this morning, game is decent. I would've gotten it for PS5 BUT I just preferred mouse and keyboard for this game.

My buddies were playing it yesterday since we liked the demo so much. The only downside (well outside of the little launch bugs) is that the group cap is 3 people.

I think alot of DIV 2 peeps are likely hopping away now that DIV2 is in a holding pattern for any new content.

After twenty minutes of failing to authenticate the demo, I gave up and played Borderlands instead

WTF does an offline demo need to connect with anything?

So streamers connect to different servers from the 'regular joe' playerbase? Cause it seems lots of streamers are playing this game just fine atm, and have been playing fine all day.

I was able to get in just now.

Yikes, first time playing and I got the 'No HUD' bug.

Last edited:
Gameplay seems to b e completely identical to Bulletstorm. No jump key, and you are mostly playing a pure cover shooter. uninstalled.

You would think that after the failure of the original, they would have cured this shit - third-person makes ut feel even more generic

Last edited:
If you play it as a pure cover shooter it is pretty boring. I've read that you can play it run and gun and rely on your healing powers, so I picked Trickster as they get a healing and a shield bonus on close-range kills and am giving it a shot without using much cover.

If the game gets too tough you can drop the world tier down a bit and still progress until your gear lets you play at the top world tier again.

Last edited:
besides the PC server issues the gameplay is getting good reviews...I might have to pick this up when they fix the hitching/stuttering issues...

Seriously? WTF is this bullshit? You follow a moving squiggly line across a train track where you take cover and shoot shit? Is this the mid 2000's again? And they still can't get it running on PC? Thank you for linking, I was somewhat interested but after seeing that, I've seen enough. Fuck this shit, I'm going back to indie games.

Back