OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro

Just picked up th classic sandstone case for the 7 pro. What can I say it's not a one plus device without sandstone texture. Wife still loves the 5t and I love my 7 pro. One plus for life.

Found this on Reddit. The guy said it's a pic of the Milky Way taken with his OP 7 Pro. Looks pretty good.

Milky Way One Plus 7 Pro - Imgur.jpg

OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro receive Android Q Developer Preview 5
That announcement should please those of you who purchased the OnePlus 7 or OnePlus 7 Pro! :)

This sparked my interest to dig around a bit to learn why manufacturers like OnePlus and others, have provided their owners with updates faster than companies that are noted for not doing so. During my search for the answer, I came across another article that included two informative graphs. Essential and Pixel are not on the graphs as the author wanted to focus on other OEMs. Source

11.png

22.png

Last edited:
My 7 pro works great on pie. The only thing I am looking forward to is the guester navigation. On the old phones it was easier to use due to the bezels but the 7pro and small bezels make it a pain to use at times(one plus version)

Just read the leaked specs for the 7t Pro, and man, talk about MINIMAL upgrades, and ever so slight improvements. Why do OnePlus even do this? Once a year is enough for smartphone releases, not every 6 months.

Wonder if they'll be deals for the current 7 Pro then?

Well I am an idiot. Cracked the front glass... On my 7 pro. Screen looks 100%... So can the glass front just be replaced or is it glued together were the entire screen needs to be replaced? So getting it fixed and will wait for the new 7T and sell the Pro. I perfer flat faced phones. Makes it much easier to run screen protectors.

Last edited:
So the 7t is coming to the U.S. but not the 7t Pro. Sort of the opposite of what happened earlier this year.

But this 7t sounds pretty awesome, it has a flat screen, not that silly curved edge gimmick. And will have the SD855+, 8GB RAM, 90hz display, 3800mAh battery, upgraded camera. Come with Android Q. And cost around $549 or so.

I'd take this over the curved screen 7 Pro.

Anyone here have the issue where your OnePlus 7 Pro is essentially dead?

25 page thread over at the OnePlus forums about the issue.

No official reply from OnePlus and this post sums it up:

Hmm, they've been saying it's a software issue and it's being taken care of for the last three months. No sign of anything actually happening though.
Don't hold your breath....

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/one-out-of-2-oneplus-7-pro-is-now-dead.1043492/

Is the 7T supposed to be a step down from the 7 Pro? Kind of like iPhone X and Xs?

There'll be a 7T Pro as well. But yeah, this is like the iPhone XR/XS or iPhone 11/11 Pro splits, where there's a not-quite-the-most-powerful model for people who are slightly more cost-conscious.

The 7T will be a minor step up from the 7.

7 > 7T > 7 Pro > 7T Pro

I realize you're using the "less than" symbol as "arrows", but it is slightly confusing. Because it looks like which phone is the best is reversed when using the symbol "as intended".
Still useful post though in terms of upgrade path, if indeed you want to do that.

The one tough part about OnePlus is that they basically make a new phone every 6 months. It's impossible to not feel like you're always behind and never have the latest. That said, I would say OnePlus along with Pixel are the only two current Android phones worth buying.

I realize you're using the "less than" symbol as "arrows", but it is slightly confusing. Because it looks like which phone is the best is reversed when using the symbol "as intended".
Still useful post though in terms of upgrade path, if indeed you want to do that.

The one tough part about OnePlus is that they basically make a new phone every 6 months. It's impossible to not feel like you're always behind and never have the latest. That said, I would say OnePlus along with Pixel are the only two current Android phones worth buying.
Given that it's not a mathematical equation, I thought the symbolism was obvious.

Given that it's not a mathematical equation, I thought the symbolism was obvious.

If you take a logic course, it looks like mathematics. Logic operates in a similar fashion to mathematics. Not to mention people everywhere on the internet (not just on these boards) use either coding symbols or mathematics all the time to describe what is better or worse. Such as using the "not equals" sign or as you did with "greater than"/"less than" or in the case of coding things like "/s" or "<sarcasm>"/</sarcasm> to denote... well sarcasm.

Sorry, wasn't trying to derail you or this thread. As stated, your post was still informative. Gave me insight into how OnePlus operates versus other cell manufacturers.

EDIT: I'm totally willing to say: it might just be my brain. Perhaps no one else sees it that way.

Last edited:
Commander how are you liking your 7 pro? Curved edge screen not a problem? If you were buying a new phone right now would that still be your choice?

Commander how are you liking your 7 pro? Curved edge screen not a problem? If you were buying a new phone right now would that still be your choice?
It's a good phone. I give it an 8.75/10. Speed is great and battery life is quite good, but the curved edge kinda annoys me. It's not as bad as my old Samsung 7 Edge, but I definitely prefer a flat screen. I'm thinking about selling it and getting the 7T.

It's a good phone. I give it an 8.75/10. Speed is great and battery life is quite good, but the curved edge kinda annoys me. It's not as bad as my old Samsung 7 Edge, but I definitely prefer a flat screen. I'm thinking about selling it and getting the 7T.

Yes the 7t looks pretty sweet, seems to be almost a 7 Pro, but with a flat 1080p display, everything else pretty much the same, and I mean that in a good way, as hardware wise you can't really stuff any better internals in there for an Android phone, the 7t will have the best CPU, RAM and Storage hardware available for an Android phone. Only knocks being the camera, a teardrop notch, and no official IP rating or wireless charging, but the price does reflect that

I think the 7t announcement is next week, the 26th? Can it compete with the Pixel 4 XL, and iPhone 11 Pro?

EDIT: I'm totally willing to say: it might just be my brain. Perhaps no one else sees it that way.

Definitely read it as 'greater than / less than' first. For the same effect, I add one or two dashes to avoid confusion to self and others, such as:

7 --> 7T --> 7 Pro --> 7T Pro

However, this also adds confusion in this case, because it implies progression along with an implied but not stated assumption of ranking. Flipping the operators around, you get:

7 < 7T < 7 Pro < 7T Pro

Which makes sense, if you're trying to imply ranking extremely concisely. Only other problem is that unless the phones to the right are objectively and absolutely superior, and not just 'bigger screen' or 'faster processor (but lower battery life)', it's incorrect :D.

7T would be perfect if not for the notch - dealbreaker. At that pricepoint it has to be perfect.

It's interesting that for things that are actually heavy, like games (4:09) the 11 Pro is faster. It's not interesting that Calculator loads in 0.25s vs 0.5s because most of that is just animations.

Looks like with 12GB of RAM the OP7P nearly matches the iPhone's multitasking though haha.

It's interesting that for things that are actually heavy, like games (4:09) the 11 Pro is faster. It's not interesting that Calculator loads in 0.25s vs 0.5s because most of that is just animations.

Looks like with 12GB of RAM the OP7P nearly matches the iPhone's multitasking though haha.

Need that much RAM to run Android with all the stuff running in the background. OnePlus has had issues on previous phones with RAM management. I don't know if the OPO 7 Pro fixed that but if not having a boat load of RAM could help and gives them more marketing fodder to keep nudging the price up.

Agreed, I am no fan of curved edge displays. Another reason I avoid Samsung phone last few years, well Lagwiz too.

But a flat screen 7t Pro with wireless charging and IP68 rating would be the best smartphone of 2019.

Baffles me why the OnePlus 7T Pro didn't implement a flat screen as did the OnePlus 7T. Especially when
  • there is a significant amount of people who avoid buying curved screens.
  • virtually everyone does not avoid buying flat screens.
  • there are people for whom it makes no difference whether the screen is flat or curved.

Last edited:
OnePlus 7T now on their website. Available for purchase on October 18th. $600 for 8GB/128GB. That ain't bad, though I'd prefer an option for 12GB/256GB. I want to see some reviews on battery life. If it's good, I'll sell my 7 Pro and grab the blue 7T. I like the flat screen better than the curved one on my 7 Pro.

Last edited:
Back