• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Official StarCraft 2 Discussion Thread

yeah the engine is dated and looks cartoonish way too cartoonish for the theme of SC

*nods*

I'm happy to see I'm not the only one thinking these same things. The graphical style doesn't fit Starcraft at all .. it looks more like Warcraft 3 or C&C 3. I always thought of Starcraft as being more of a dark, gritty atmospheric game - especially when you look at the Zerg and how creepy they are.

Oh well.
 
*nods*

I'm happy to see I'm not the only one thinking these same things. The graphical style doesn't fit Starcraft at all .. it looks more like Warcraft 3 or C&C 3. I always thought of Starcraft as being more of a dark, gritty atmospheric game - especially when you look at the Zerg and how creepy they are.

Oh well.

I think the worst part is the newly zealot's armor and head band/helmet? It looks like a W.O.W. armor on a zealot, not exactly easy to look at, quite frankly it's complete shit compared to the old zealot's design.

The zealot attack animation looks like horrible too, and their voice don't sound like toss, it sounds like an orc!
 
blizzard is cheap, of all the money they make off of WOW, they can't even make a better engine for SC2 this is bad..
 
blizzard is cheap, of all the money they make off of WOW, they can't even make a better engine for SC2 this is bad..

It's called not a full release. Look at the first WoW beta screenshots, it looks like complete trash. I wasn't really that much of a gamer before WC3, so that's all I remember. Wait for the final product, I'm sure they'll make a better engine, though I'm against it. The graphics look great (as in, fun to play with them), and like it'll work fine on my computer
 
lol I just realized the Dragoon has been turned into "Immortals" which has 2 phase disruptors! They might as well add 2 more while they're at it. I was hoping to see a dragoon that could at least look photo realistic like the one in the original CGI movie in StarCraft toss campaign, but now all hope is lost :-(
 
YAY NOT ANOTHER GAY RPGMMO!!!!!!!!!!

its actually not an rpgmmo like everyone thought it was going to be..

FTW!!!! hahahaha
 
whats up with all the negativity in this thread?

During the presentation they clearly said is not a final product...

and if you remember history..
SC 1 look totally different from the initial screenshots when compared to the final product..
same for WC 3
 
whats up with all the negativity in this thread?

During the presentation they clearly said is not a final product...

and if you remember history..
SC 1 look totally different from the initial screenshots when compared to the final product..
same for WC 3

Cause theres no goonz, if there isn't carrier i'm not even gonna buy this game..
 
Does anyone over 18 with an IQ over 90 that doesn't live in their mother's basment care?
 
whats up with all the negativity in this thread?

During the presentation they clearly said is not a final product...

and if you remember history..
SC 1 look totally different from the initial screenshots when compared to the final product..
same for WC 3
When the first screenshots were released for SC1, Blizzard was very early in the development. Then, they scraped the whole thing and started over with a new engine.

Starcraft 2 has been in the making for the last 4 years. You think they'll switch engines?

I do believe that SC2 is going to be great regardless of the graphics.
 
I don't know probably little less but Blizzard makes some good ass games.

Most of their games been high rated by players and websites a like.

People really get addicted to their games.
 
i was personally looking forward to an mmorpg... why rehash the same game concept 10 years later? doesnt make sense to me
 
That was a work in progress demo they showed. So don't already judge the game based on an early build.
 
I guess all the StarCraft2 haters come out at night. I for one think the game looks great. It's not too flashy and it should be kept that way, the simplicity in SC1 is what made the game so amazing. Who the hell cared so much about the graphics anyways, it's about the game play and I believe this game will provide a good mix of both, saying all that, people that are complaining are still going to buy the game.
 
i was personally looking forward to an mmorpg... why rehash the same game concept 10 years later? doesnt make sense to me

SC's storyline left a lot to be desired. What's the point of another mmorpg when the very same company is dominating that market right now?

I'm still trying to figure out which gaming company spoils us so much with completely new and innovative gameplay for each sequel they release, that you're willing to call SCII a "rehash." I can't think of a game that has had such a quantum leap for its sequel (as of late, anyway).
 
I guess all the StarCraft2 haters come out at night. I for one think the game looks great. It's not too flashy and it should be kept that way, the simplicity in SC1 is what made the game so amazing. Who the hell cared so much about the graphics anyways, it's about the game play and I believe this game will provide a good mix of both, saying all that, people that are complaining are still going to buy the game.

at least the SC1 don't look like disneyland with WOW costumes..
 
I'm not that good at RTS games, too lazy to get into the mechanics of each game. I'm not one of those diehard fans who're still playing today, I was done after about 3 months of the game. But I've played RTS games enough to know that simple verbal descriptions of what the units are like(without even numbers), and just viewing the screen, don't really say much about the game except for the graphics.

I agree, the graphics aren't very impressive. Merely sufficient.

That said, I don't think Starcraft lasted as long as it did on graphics. It was the underlying gameplay balance that made the game as fun as it was. The kind of gameplay balance that you're not going to appreciate with no information on the underlying mechanics for the battles.

I would appreciate it if they improved the graphics before release. I am not optimistic that the look will change significantly before release. Such changes have occured in game development before, (Timeshift is a recent example) but they are also very rare.
 
always the same shit, when a new creation comes about and presented to our race its always first confronted by pessimism perhaps because it is universally accepted in our culture to reject what is the norm giving us a title which stands out among others but what is non-conformism when no one is a conformist? perhaps the conformist is the only non-conformist? so i say starcraft 2 will be great!

im on substances which alter thinking and rationality so sorry if that did not make absolute sense ehehee anyways im looking forward to this game :D
 
today's mmorpg's are FAR from perfect. and there is lots of things that can be done/explored with the concept

this starcraft is the same gameplay as the last one though..
 
According to Blizzard, the game is still in pre-alpha. There's still lots of time for Blizzard to change things.

This is what Starcraft looked like in pre-alpha
earlyalpha3.jpg
 
i was personally looking forward to an mmorpg... why rehash the same game concept 10 years later? doesnt make sense to me

Why look forward to another mmorpg if its just a rehash of the same game concept from many years ago :rolleyes:

Back on topic: I love how the races in starcraft are way different from one another.. i really hate how cnc3 has the same structures but different units.
 
It was disappointing to see those videos. The game does look a bit cartoonish and kind of looked like WC3 in space. Starcraft also looked faster paced than the gameplay video in SC2. Of course there will be changes but so far I am not impressed.
 
*nods*

I'm happy to see I'm not the only one thinking these same things. The graphical style doesn't fit Starcraft at all .. it looks more like Warcraft 3 or C&C 3. I always thought of Starcraft as being more of a dark, gritty atmospheric game - especially when you look at the Zerg and how creepy they are.

Oh well.

I agree.
 
I'm just going to say this once:

Im really excited about SC2. I've been waiting for the longest time. It's way too early to speculate; I mean there isn't even an estimated launch date. IHope they make just as kick ass game as the first one. I'd like to see blizzard give Supreme Commander a run for it's money.

Wait and see.... wait and see...
 
always the same shit, when a new creation comes about and presented to our race its always first confronted by pessimism perhaps because it is universally accepted in our culture to reject what is the norm giving us a title which stands out among others but what is non-conformism when no one is a conformist? perhaps the conformist is the only non-conformist? so i say starcraft 2 will be great!

im on substances which alter thinking and rationality so sorry if that did not make absolute sense ehehee anyways im looking forward to this game :D

I'm only not liking it cause they're using a DATED engine + they killed off some of the SC1 units, and they practically used the art style in WOW for SC, these are the main negatives and that's enough to be dissapointing, if ur gonna show the world how ur game looks and feels like, make it a better show.

I say if things continue as the way they are, SC2 will never be as good as SC1, maybe an laser show at best.
 
How many times are people going to ignore what blizz said themselves? Its a NEW ENGINE. Read the faq, read the interviews, you will see that its a NEW ENGINE.
 
How many times are people going to ignore what blizz said themselves? Its a NEW ENGINE. Read the faq, read the interviews, you will see that its a NEW ENGINE.

they could say that it's a new engine, but it must just be a updated WC3 engine for all we know, the textures don't look that real
 
No, you're wrong. For all we know its a new engine since the people designing it said it was. For all your speculation, it could be an updated old engine. Your opinion doesn't equal fact. Its an early build and most people so far have said nothing but great things about the game. You are entitled to your opinion and if you want to assume its an updated engine, go ahead. Don't tell people its an old engine without having the facts on your side though.
 
SC2 might be a big let down... I noticed a trend with the latest blizzard games. (They are intentionally dumbed down on graphics to futher extend the potential buyer base so they can make more $$$.) Look at WoW, Blizzard used cartoonish and dumbed down simple polygon models on purpose to save money on developement and increase the potential buyer base.
 
Look at WoW, Blizzard used cartoonish and dumbed down simple polygon models on purpose to save money on developement and increase the potential buyer base.

Not to mention it would be impossible for us to run a fucking raid with graphics much better than what they gave us. :rolleyes:
 
Yes indeed. The graphics may not be up to some peoples standards but this is Blizzard. They know what they are doing. Regardless, this will easily outsell any RTS in recent History. Yes, it will Crush any milestone C&C & CoH franchise has set up to this point. I can place a guarantee on that. While they are both good series, the anticipation for new SC goes far beyond any of those games can achieve. Koreans live, eat & s**t Starcraft alone & North America has a pretty strong fan base itself. So in the long run, the game can look exactly as it does now, it will not prevent one sale from happening at all. Blizzards approach with there PC games are flawless. Unless you count Starcraft Ghost lol =P.
 
Yes indeed. The graphics may not be up to some peoples standards but this is Blizzard. They know what they are doing. Regardless, this will easily outsell any RTS in recent History. Yes, it will Crush any milestone C&C & CoH franchise has set up to this point. I can place a guarantee on that. While they are both good series, the anticipation for new SC goes far beyond any of those games can achieve. Koreans live, eat & s**t Starcraft alone & North America has a pretty strong fan base itself. So in the long run, the game can look exactly as it does now, it will not prevent one sale from happening at all. Blizzards approach with there PC games are flawless. Unless you count Starcraft Ghost lol =P.

Blizzard may have made great games in the past and has a good record and delivery on gameplay but all things eventually come to an end. I have been disappointed from Blizzards lastest offers as of late (since Warcraft 3). Blizzard cant seem to get its act together and release a game with cutting edge graphics (This was the reason for the canceling of Starcraft Ghost FPS... Blizzard is behind the times when it comes to graphic engine development in their games, not to mention the $$$ aspect of it that I mentioned earlier.)
 
I bet the people hating on SC2 are the same people that spent countless hours on previous Blizz games and will do the same for this one!

I'm not a huge Blizz fan, I played WC3 heavily... no WoW. Very little Starcraft or Diablo.

With that said, I'm very excited about this game. The people bitching right now are people that have been huge Blizz game addicts and need to have more moderation. I remember hating Blizz alot during the height of my WC3 addiction but now I went cold turkey and it doesn't bother me anymore.
 
Personally, I think SC2 looks really great except maybe that it looks too lively and needs a little dark tone on its maps. Other than that, I think SC2 is on the right track, building on their old classic. I wish there would be a new race though, which is still possible.
 
yeah the engine is dated and looks cartoonish way too cartoonish for the theme of SC

When SC first came out I didn't like how cartoonish and cheesy the graphics were. Not sure what game you were playing where the WC series is "cartoonish" but SC was not.
 
Blizzard may have made great games in the past and has a good record and delivery on gameplay but all things eventually come to an end. I have been disappointed from Blizzards lastest offers as of late (since Warcraft 3). Blizzard cant seem to get its act together and release a game with cutting edge graphics (This was the reason for the canceling of Starcraft Ghost FPS... Blizzard is behind the times when it comes to graphic engine development in their games, not to mention the $$$ aspect of it that I mentioned earlier.)

Blizzard is not behind the times in graphics and that had nothing to do with canceling Ghost. They have *never* been about graphics. They make insanely fun games with well balanced and incredible multiplayer. None of their games have ever been at the cutting edge of graphics since their inception, yet most of their PC games are considered some of the greatest games of their time, and of all time....WC2, SC, Diablo2, WC3, and WoW (most successful MMO of all time, despite 5 year old graphics).

They aren't epic. They don't do shiny awesome FPS games. They just make games that people play for years and years and years.
 
Blizzard is not behind the times in graphics and that had nothing to do with canceling Ghost. They have *never* been about graphics. They make insanely fun games with well balanced and incredible multiplayer. None of their games have ever been at the cutting edge of graphics since their inception, yet most of their PC games are considered some of the greatest games of their time, and of all time....WC2, SC, Diablo2, WC3, and WoW (most successful MMO of all time, despite 5 year old graphics).

They aren't epic. They don't do shiny awesome FPS games. They just make games that people play for years and years and years.

Techno thats why Blizzard didnt continue with SC Ghost FPS... Blizzard realized that FPS games are driven more by graphics then gameplay.
 
Techno thats why Blizzard didnt continue with SC Ghost FPS... Blizzard realized that FPS games are driven more by graphics then gameplay.

That's a pretty huge assumption that just because Ghost was an fps that they didn't continue it because it would have needed better graphics?

Blizz has an insane team. They could make a flashy fps if they wanted to.

If you want to back that up with any info, I'd be happy to read it, but everything I've read about ghost was that its cancellation was a result of internal asset allocation, the explosion of WoW, and publishing factors.

Had nothing to do with "aww damn, it's too hard to make a pretty FPS...lets just cancel this"

edit: Just before the accusations start flying, I'm not a blizzard fanbot. I actually hate them for the evil they did to me with WoW, which I've now quit. Never played the early WC games other than watching friends once or twice, didn't care for the original SC although I played the SP a bit, never played either diablo game. I played WC3 a bit online, but only for a month or so. Doubt I'll play much if any SC2.

You have to respect their track record, hate them or love them though.
 
Back
Top