• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Official StarCraft 2 Discussion Thread

I agree with everything Technoob said.

And you (nullzero) need to cough up sources before stating "Blizzard cancelled Ghost because of the graphics"

Starcraft was always pretty cartoony. There was nothing dark about it. Too me it looked like a nice upgrade from what it's been. Too me it looks like they captured lot of the look and feel of the original.

And as to the original thread intent: I think this will play as good as Starcraft 1 and can possibly be better. Whoever said "Blizzard doesn't make good sequals".....what? Diablo 2, Warcraft 2 and 3. Just because YOU don't like one particular sequal doesn't mean it's not a hit and with a large fanbase.
 
bringing out another MMO when you're the LEADER in MMO's would do nothing but take money from yourself.

this will allow them to print MUCH more money. :p
 
I agree with everything Technoob said.

And you (nullzero) need to cough up sources before stating "Blizzard cancelled Ghost because of the graphics"

Starcraft was always pretty cartoony. There was nothing dark about it. Too me it looked like a nice upgrade from what it's been. Too me it looks like they captured lot of the look and feel of the original.

And as to the original thread intent: I think this will play as good as Starcraft 1 and can possibly be better. Whoever said "Blizzard doesn't make good sequals".....what? Diablo 2, Warcraft 2 and 3. Just because YOU don't like one particular sequal doesn't mean it's not a hit and with a large fanbase.

I never said that they weren't good, I said they weren't superior, calm down there.

Warcraft 3 did not do as well as WC2 and is widely regarded by fans of the series as an inferior game. That doesn't make it bad, it just means it wasn't as good.

Diablo 2 was a great game, but not quite as good as Diablo was.

I think the game will be great, but it isn't going to be superior to Starcraft
 
I can hardly believe anyone can make ANY conclusions at this point in time. It is so ridiculous that people will rip Blizzard apart for such minor things on the basis of a demo which is a work in progress. They show CONTRIVED demonstrations of new units in a DEMO where everything is work in progress where they show only ONE race and then you get an internet full of people going: "OMG PROTOSS 2 STRONG WTF BLIZZARD"

And then you get people who say "WOW this game looks way too cartoony" or "The engine blows". How the fuck can you know? You haven't even played the game. STFU. Given Blizzard's track record, I don't think any of this is justified.
 
To me StarCraft never was about graphics. It's always been about gameplay. So what if the graphics don't compete with SupComm/insert game here? It's StarCraft and as long as it plays like StarCraft they could use the original engine for all I care.
 
I'm one of those who said that the setting doesn't look enough like "Starcraft" to me, but I'm not purposely hating on the game or making any conclusions about the game just yet. I'm sure the gameplay will be just as good as ever - after all, even if it's just like the original, how could you possibly go wrong? The original Starcraft is (in MY opinion) the best RTS game ever created. In fact, it and WC2 are the games that GOT ME INTO RTS gaming!

And even if I still don't agree with the graphical style they've chosen, looking at this screenshot with the photon cannons gives me an evil feeling inside. :D :D :D

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2007/138/939643_20070519_screen006.jpg

Ok, I admit it: I'm psyching myself up! But I hope Blizzard can pull off the magic that was Starcraft without hurting anything about the game by removing such units as 'goons, etc. :(
 
I have too admit. After watches the Gameplay videos. This game actually looks very very impressive. Expecially since SC1.

The graphics, the actual characters. and mostly. Overall appaerance.

I watched 3 videos, and I was convinced this is defintely going to be an amazing RTS game :D
 
i think the graphics look great. They're high tech and shiny looking as it should be in space, and somehow even though it's a 3d engine, it almost looks like 2d art. Nicely done.

What would be cool is if all the nice shiny metals and units got dirty and beaten up looking during play. LIke permanent scuffs and marks on the ground etc.
 
Game play > Story > Graphics.

I think this is obvious with almost every blizz game.
A graphic masterpiece would have been lovely, but I'd rather have the money poured into game play and the storyline. I'm not worried.
 
For some reason the siege tanks look goofy to me.

It isn't just you - it DOES look goofy. :p

Oh, and not to try and make anyone angry here but I found this image on a C&C 3 forum I check every now and then and I just figured I'd share it with you guys because it made me ROFL. :D

comparetanksyw9.jpg
 
Yea, I wish Starcraft 2 looked like C&C3.

However, I doubt that C&C3's engine can output more units on the field than SC2's.
 
It isn't just you - it DOES look goofy. :p

Oh, and not to try and make anyone angry here but I found this image on a C&C 3 forum I check every now and then and I just figured I'd share it with you guys because it made me ROFL. :D

comparetanksyw9.jpg

And the marines from SC didn't look goofball with their 1000 pounds of armor that turned them into little round balls of metal? Is this some kind of news flash to people that SC and WC series never had photorealistic graphics, or even plain old realism like the CnC series for example strove for.
 
Yea, I wish Starcraft 2 looked like C&N3.

However, I doubt that C&N3's engine can output more units on the field than SC2's.

C&N?....the news station CNN?!

:D


sorry that made me smile a bit when I read that. We all know what ya meant.


I never said that they weren't good, I said they weren't superior, calm down there.

Warcraft 3 did not do as well as WC2 and is widely regarded by fans of the series as an inferior game. That doesn't make it bad, it just means it wasn't as good.

Diablo 2 was a great game, but not quite as good as Diablo was.

I think the game will be great, but it isn't going to be superior to Starcraft

Calm down over what? You're now just stating that WC3 wasn't as good as 2...but 2 was a sequal right?
And ya Diablo 2 was improved on way more than the original!

Like I stated, just because the "pooched" one sequal doesn't mean they are going to always do that. Blizzard isn't a company that pumps out games. They are known for taking their time and trying to ensure a great product.
 
It isn't just you - it DOES look goofy. :p

Oh, and not to try and make anyone angry here but I found this image on a C&C 3 forum I check every now and then and I just figured I'd share it with you guys because it made me ROFL. :D

comparetanksyw9.jpg

I rofled at that. The siege tanks sure look goofy in SC2... But ever since SC1, I always thought the siege tank didn't look very tank like.
 
It isn't just you - it DOES look goofy. :p

Oh, and not to try and make anyone angry here but I found this image on a C&C 3 forum I check every now and then and I just figured I'd share it with you guys because it made me ROFL. :D

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/8351/comparetanksyw9.jpg

The new marines look really silly with their shields. For crying out loud, they're future armored soldiers and not some local riot cop or medieval warrior.
 
The new marines look really silly with their shields. For crying out loud, they're future armored soldiers and not some local riot cop or medieval warrior.


thats a different unit I think... because in some game play movie it showed the marines battleing the Zealots with with guns..
 
I'm not a huge fan of the explosions. The Battlecruiser kinda looks like it pops and falls apart....eh
 
yeah.. I was wondering the same thing.. in The original the Explosions added to the feeling of the game..
lets hope they improve it...
the destruction of the the big units looks weak at the moment
 
bringing out another MMO when you're the LEADER in MMO's would do nothing but take money from yourself.

this will allow them to print MUCH more money. :p

nah

if anything, people that play WoW would keep their WoW accounts AND get a SC account. And then theres people like me that couldnt get into WoW because of all the magic and enchanting and crap that would love to play SC mmorpg.

not to mention the graphics of WoW are horribly dated and hurt my eyes when I look at screenshots

there needs to be a new mmorpg
 
i think the graphics look great. They're high tech and shiny looking as it should be in space, and somehow even though it's a 3d engine, it almost looks like 2d art. Nicely done.

What would be cool is if all the nice shiny metals and units got dirty and beaten up looking during play. LIke permanent scuffs and marks on the ground etc.

it's not suppose to look like 2d art for SC -_-
 
Does anyone over 18 with an IQ over 90 that doesn't live in their mother's basment care?


Considering you couldn't construct a simple sentence, I'm going to assume you aren't over 18 or have an IQ over 90.. I wonder if you live in your mom's basement too?
 
Diablo 2 was an even better game after LOD, since it supported 800x600, running the original D2 @ 640x480 wasn't easy to look at

fixed

640x480 was pretty normal back then 800x600 and 1024x768 were just starting to make appearance since gaming cards were in competition. Heck I think 16bits vs 32bit color was even just starting to come into the scene with nvidia vs 3Dfx. And Diablo 1 didn't even have that option of going to 800x600 so it, even graphically speaking, isn't even for comparision to part 2 ;)
 
Considering you couldn't construct a simple sentence, I'm going to assume you aren't over 18 or have an IQ over 90.. I wonder if you live in your mom's basement too?

Indeed!

and by the way, i was in high school playing this game in 1998, soooo... yea i imagine a lot of the big starcraft fans are fairly old...
 
I can hardly believe anyone can make ANY conclusions at this point in time. It is so ridiculous that people will rip Blizzard apart for such minor things on the basis of a demo which is a work in progress. They show CONTRIVED demonstrations of new units in a DEMO where everything is work in progress where they show only ONE race and then you get an internet full of people going: "OMG PROTOSS 2 STRONG WTF BLIZZARD"

And then you get people who say "WOW this game looks way too cartoony" or "The engine blows". How the fuck can you know? You haven't even played the game. STFU. Given Blizzard's track record, I don't think any of this is justified.

You need to relax. People are entitled to their opinion. There is enough footage so far for people to formulate an opinion about the graphics and some of the units. And it really doesn't matter whether or not you think it is justified. It is like this for every game. There are positives and negatives in every game that is coming out.
 
Yeah I played SC in middle school, and I'm 22 now :) I think since it's been so long a lot of the younger crowd never played it, many probably have never even heard of it.
 
You need to relax. People are entitled to their opinion. There is enough footage so far for people to formulate an opinion about the graphics and some of the units. And it really doesn't matter whether or not you think it is justified. It is like this for every game. There are positives and negatives in every game that is coming out.

You obviously missed my point.
 
Back
Top