• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Official StarCraft 2 Discussion Thread

ive played alot of blizzard games

Warcraft
warcraft2
Diablo
Starcraft
Diablo2
warcraft3
wow

when starcraft was released i played it 3 weeks straight. I didn;'t do a goddamn thing except play starcraft on battle.net it was crazy
I was hyped for starcraft and when it came out i remeber the craze people had for the game. its something i haven't felt a long time in a RTS
Its the only rts ive ever played were there was 3 distinct diffrent races and the game was completely balance and it didn't feel one sided.The only rts that has come close to this game in my opinon is Supreme commander. That is a real strategy game the only downfall's that supreme commander has is that the 3 factions are not at all difrent or unique from each other.I believe that is why your not seeing a dramatic game change with starcraft2. Because blizzard knows and we know the game is perfectly balance. so basically what they can do with the game is improve graphics sound and interface
other than that if they change anything more they will fuck it up.To many new units and the balance shifts.You probably won't see to many new units i bet you.Iam hoping the graphcis are sharper than C&C3. When Starcraft2 comes out its gonna be huge. ITs gonna be like orginal starcraft .
 
To many new units and the balance shifts.You probably won't see to many new units i bet you.

They introduced about 6 new Protoss units at the show, but I have faith in Blizzard to balance the game. They know how much balance means in a game as competitive as Starcraft.
 
I'm not a huge fan of the explosions. The Battlecruiser kinda looks like it pops and falls apart....eh
yeah.. I was wondering the same thing.. in The original the Explosions added to the feeling of the game..
lets hope they improve it...
the destruction of the the big units looks weak at the moment
They've said I don't know how many times, this is nothing like what the final release is gonna look like. For as early in development as this game seems to be, I'm even suprised we've seen gameplay footage at all. When any other game is announced we are usually given a few screenshots and/or some concept art to tide us over.

And whats the last game Blizzard released that wasn't polished as hell?
 
ive played alot of blizzard games

Warcraft
warcraft2
Diablo
Starcraft
Diablo2
warcraft3
wow

when starcraft was released i played it 3 weeks straight. I didn;'t do a goddamn thing except play starcraft on battle.net it was crazy
I was hyped for starcraft and when it came out i remeber the craze people had for the game. its something i haven't felt a long time in a RTS
Its the only rts ive ever played were there was 3 distinct diffrent races and the game was completely balance and it didn't feel one sided.The only rts that has come close to this game in my opinon is Supreme commander. That is a real strategy game the only downfall's that supreme commander has is that the 3 factions are not at all difrent or unique from each other.I believe that is why your not seeing a dramatic game change with starcraft2. Because blizzard knows and we know the game is perfectly balance. so basically what they can do with the game is improve graphics sound and interface
other than that if they change anything more they will fuck it up.To many new units and the balance shifts.You probably won't see to many new units i bet you.Iam hoping the graphcis are sharper than C&C3. When Starcraft2 comes out its gonna be huge. ITs gonna be like orginal starcraft .

Supreme Commander is an excellent game, definitely a buy for the die hard RTS fans. As for SC2 I am hoping they have strategic zoom in place when it hits the retail stores. Unfortantely Supreme Commander ruined RTS games for me :(, I cant stand playing a RTS game without strategic zoom I feel so limited and annoyed.
 
This game is never going to measure up to peoples expectations, to be honest I think Blizzard is wasting its time trying to please fans because they're never going to be pleased with anything less than SC1 with a graphical update package.
 
This game is never going to measure up to peoples expectations, to be honest I think Blizzard is wasting its time trying to please fans because they're never going to be pleased with anything less than SC1 with a graphical update package.

Actually I'm sure a lot of die hard fans would have PREFERRED that. But in real life, you can't really get away with something like that without a ton of criticism.
 
at least the SC1 don't look like disneyland with WOW costumes..

I found SC one to be very cartoony and light-humored in design. I mean come on, Marines, ghosts and medics fell apart when they died! I really didn't see any seriousness in the first SC everyone is talking about.
 
I found SC one to be very cartoony and light-humored in design. I mean come on, Marines, ghosts and medics fell apart when they died! I really didn't see any seriousness in the first SC everyone is talking about.

alpha stage son
patience my son

go look at the alpha screenie of sc1
go my son and search
 
alpha stage son
patience my son

go look at the alpha screenie of sc1
go my son and search

o_O? I have not a clue where you're getting at.

EDIT: To clarify things, my comment on SC1's cartoonyness is NOT a bad thing. I'm just confused as to why people are surprised at the "cartooneyness" of SC2, when it wasn't all that serious in SC1.
 
he's saying it's still in alpha, a lot of things can change (someone posted an alpha ss of sc1 and it looks entirely different from the final release of sc) it could get more cartonney or more realistic, more dark atmosphere or the opposite, no one knows
 
he's saying it's still in alpha, a lot of things can change (someone posted an alpha ss of sc1 and it looks entirely different from the final release of sc) it could get more cartonney or more realistic, more dark atmosphere or the opposite, no one knows

Yes I understood that much, but it really had very little to do with my original comment. He mentioned patience and alpha-stage while im commenting on the cartoony looks of both SC and SC2. :eek:
 
i hope they fix the matchmaking system. Warcraft3's achilles heel is being level 30+ and getting paired with level 1 tk'er/griefer. I'd rather wait a little longer to get paired with players of like skill.
 
I never played StarCraft, as I was heavily into first-person shooters when it came out (and for a long time after). I do plan to play StarCraft II, however, as I appreciate strategy games more than I used to.
 
Yoshi is trying to say that the graphical style of SC1 is just as cartoony if not more cartoony than SC2.

Now on to my own comment...

Who wants a fully functioning AND purposeful dual screen compatibility mode?

*raises hand*
 
I have always played RTS for the plot since I simply can't play online competitively. I bought C&C3 even though my laptop can barely handle it for the same reason.

Graphically if you look at the screen shots it's pretty well done with the lightings and what not. A little more on the shaders like C&C3 and it's good to go IMO.

Game play wise its any one's guess how it's gonna turn out. The original is neigh impossible to beat so huge scale closed beta is guranteed (set in Korea no less).

The original team has left so I say the feel is going to change for better or worse. C&C3 stayed the same for the most part but lost the wall which many complained. We'll see.
 
Yoshi is trying to say that the graphical style of SC1 is just as cartoony if not more cartoony than SC2.

Now on to my own comment...

Who wants a fully functioning AND purposeful dual screen compatibility mode?

*raises hand*


Dual Screen?!!?!

*Dies*



I am very excited for this game, probably the most excited that I've ever been for a game to be released. Blizzard has never dissapointed in the past so I don't expect them to do so now.
 
I used to be a huge Blizzard fan. Loved Diablo, loved Diablo 2 even more... StarCraft is what brought me to PC gaming. StarCraft is probably my #1 game of all time (for me) followed by CS.

I tried to get into WC3... but the thing that killed that game for me is the whole (its been a couple years... creed thing?) system that slowed resources or something when you had more units.... That and heros... I loved SC gameplay so much.

I wasn't all about Use Map Settings... it was Big Game Hunters playing Melee until they released the patch that allowed Top vs. Bottom. I loved the ability to mine as fast as you can and just pump out units, expand bases and counter units. Dropping, teching or going for mass units... I loved that shit. But WC3 was :rolleyes:


I just hope they stick to how SC feels. I hope game play, feel, unit movement and maps reflect what SC is about. I hope they don't try to add "Hero’s" or have that creed cap shit... otherwise I'll stick to my SC1 :p
 
i knew the next blizzard game would continue to use the similar w3 engine, but DYAMN!!! this rocks!!! they really enhanced w3 engine :eek:

i really can't wait to buy the battlechest of sc2 and its expansion whenever that comes out :D . as for those that are waiting... DONT WAIT, just start playing sc. i, too, was a fps only guy, until i started playing it!!! it's sooooooooooooo damned addictive! later on, learn what a zerg rush is and you'll realize how fun this is :cool: :D
 
According to Blizzard, the game is still in pre-alpha. There's still lots of time for Blizzard to change things.

This is what Starcraft looked like in pre-alpha
earlyalpha3.jpg
What game is that image really from ?
 
What made SC1 so great was the balance in unit types and thats what kept it in the publics eye all these years, graphics mean nothing in an RTS game, gameplay is everything.

I suspect the very gentle balance of unit types and strengths in SC1 was mostly pot luck and that pulling that off again would be insanly hard to do, we'll see in a few years if people are still playing it.
 
What made SC1 so great was the balance in unit types and thats what kept it in the publics eye all these years, graphics mean nothing in an RTS game, gameplay is everything.

I suspect the very gentle balance of unit types and strengths in SC1 was mostly pot luck and that pulling that off again would be insanly hard to do, we'll see in a few years if people are still playing it.
true, but the gameplay of Starcraft is probably not going to be changed since the original had the right formula. So in that case graphics might just be the only thing that changes drastically and i hope they make it good.
 
I used to love Starcraft, it's still I damn good game. I'm just hoping Starcraft 2 lives up to the hype and does'nt suck.
 
Reponse to alot of things, first of all, the original tanks from SC1 went through several changes even late in the game, wasnt the first full release of the game have a stupid looking tank too?
So they may fix it to make it look like the original tank again, which I would love! :)

Things I like, new units that dont copy other units
Protoss mothership for example, they said they will not make equal uber-units for the other races, but will make things that are made to stop the protoss mothership, so thats cool, we wont have unit for unit anymore I like that too

I do hope the carrier will make a return and the hydralisk / lurker as well, but we will see! :)
Im gonna buy this game no matter what

Finally, graphics, again blizzard is not known for graphics, there known for balance and good-times! :)
 
Supreme commander is the best RTS out right now the zoom out feature i can't live with out. i hope SC2 has something like that but probably won't
i can't stand C&C3 multiplayer i think its retard how half the units don't do anything
and its all about rushing. Who can build scorpion tanks with laser beam upgrade the fastest i dunno it doesn't feel like strategy at all. Supcom is the only real Strategy game out right now. All this SC2 makes wnaan play SC on battle.net with a bunch of koreans
 
doesnt mean they wont, WC3 did so, im willing to bet so will SC2
 
Stupid question here

but toward the end of the gameplay video..
what does the GG stand for?
 
Good game. Its pretty much what everyone says at the end of a game. (in almost every game)
 
The high res (720p) version of the gameplay is up at SC2.com, but the download is slow as hell. Can't believe Blizzard had to use P2P programs for these movies, I'm only getting about ~ 10 kbs.
 
The high res (720p) version of the gameplay is up at SC2.com, but the download is slow as hell. Can't believe Blizzard had to use P2P programs for these movies, I'm only getting about ~ 10 kbs.

reminds me of the tragic P2P WoW patch days that took about a year to download.
 
Perhaps they are, and are just holding onto that tidbit until they solidify the details?

Who knows?:D

I imagine with a fourth race, the balancing issues would be alot more difficult to deal with, but I'm sure that Blizzard could handle it.
 
God damn Blizzard...the P2P program is horrible. I'm stuck at 99% on their HD trailer and I can't finish it. Those fuckers are forcing me to upload. :mad:
 
so star craft 2 isnt being made by the same team that made the original.
 
If Blizzard ONLY made Starcraft 1 high res with more units and called it Starcraft 2, I would buy this in a second.


Nearly 10 years and Starcraft has never left my hard drive, being transfered over from one PC to the next. Oddly I have gone years not playing it, just seemed wrong to ever delete it.

Starcraft goes way beyond been a classic, it is a Religion.
 
Back
Top