Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaaannnndddd EVGA is down. At this point I don't care if I don't get a card...im here to watch all the sites go down.
Been spotty for a couple of days but its never down for long.

Looks like Newegg removed EVGA's listings from their search and the actual product pages don't even have notify links anymore. Maybe EVGA is consolidating their offerings to their website. Who knows at this point lol.

Has anyone seen ANY hits or emails from Amazon?

Amazon never saw any restocks from the PS5 or Xbox launches either. They apparently tossed their pre-orders up in the middle of the night, they sold out instantly and that was that.

EVGA released more FTW's...the site instantly went down. I got to click "Add to Cart" at least, so thats progress.

EVGA released more FTW's...the site instantly went down. I got to click "Add to Cart" at least, so thats progress.

I got as far as confirming the order but it just spun... and crashed lol.

Edit: managed to get to my shopping cart but the card quantity is now on zero and the update quantity button doesnt seem to be working.

Probably OOS for sure, site crash or not. :(

I clicked on add to cart at EVGA on the $809. The site crashed. When it came back up - out of stock.

This is straight baloney.

1600899157929.png

I saw the FTW Ultra "in stock", clicked to add to cart and the site crashed again. :rolleyes:

TBH i wish they wouldn't even mention it on twitter to give normal customers a chance.

I managed to get one in cart like 15 mins ago, site won't load since though.. I think once you manage to get a card into the cart it should move you to a separate server or something so you can actually complete the purchase.

Reactions: Mylex
like this
I managed to get one in cart like 15 mins ago, site won't load since though.. I think once you manage to get a card into the cart it should move you to a separate server or something so you can actually complete the purchase.
I was able to get one also...

were you able to checkout? I had one in cart, but site crashed, and when it came back - OoS.
Yeah, it went straight through checkout. I didnt do it manually I found a bot that buys only one then stops

Decided to try for shits and giggles. I got to the submit order screen and the button wasn't there. Only the Go Back button. Trash website lol

Yeah, it went straight through checkout. I didnt do it manually I found a bot that buys only one then stops
Mind sharing the bot that worked? can't beat em? might as well join em? I've tried for six days to secure one card. I've come to the conclusion unless you have auto-checkout - you aren't beating the bots. I was sitting here - using two PCs with auto refresh functions enabled through distill and still could not get one - - when they supposedly had a huge quantity up for grabs...

One concern
I haven't used a autocheckout bot - but I have read if they catch you doing it, they will ban your IP and possibly even your account. not sure I want to be banned from EVGA. I've bought from there for well over a decade and like the vendor - and have multiple products still under warranty there. A couple PSUs with a 10 year warranty and a video card with 2 years remaining.

edit: I have a friend that was using an autocheckout bought on EVGA - and he didn't even get one here. same thing - added to cart and site crashed. So even the autocheckout bots aren't assured.

Last edited:
Any luck with it?
Yeah, set it up lastnight and it grabbed one from EVGA for me a few minutes ago. I was helping someone over the phone and got a text that it bought one from evga, checked my mail and the confirmation was there.

I wish that some manufacturer would allow people with previous versions of a card to get priority-- like registered owners with a valid serial number can sign up and be placed in a pool and then randomly selected to purchase the cards. IDK there's got to be a better way than what we have now.

I wish that some manufacturer would allow people with previous versions of a card to get priority-- like registered owners with a valid serial number can sign up and be placed in a pool and then randomly selected to purchase the cards. IDK there's got to be a better way than what we have now.

They need to do a preorder, one per person/address/CC card/etc, and then you just get put in a queue with an approximate timeline. Then, when you are up, it allows you to pay or cancel the order. It worked fine for the Valve Index. Those were 8+ weeks out sometime but at least you knew you would get one eventually.

Playing the cart game against bots is just stupid. I managed to actually order a card from Newegg, just to have them void my order an hour or so later because it was out of stock, but it still allowed me to order. Bullshit like that shows that it doesn't even matter if you happen to get an order in, you still may not even get it.

As far as the Nvidia one the I tried manually and still couldnt get it past the cart. I have mine , now since I've talked the wife down I just have to get one more for her. She claims the EVGA one should be her's since she called in the bots.

They need to do a preorder, one per person/address/CC card/etc, and then you just get put in a queue with an approximate timeline. Then, when you are up, it allows you to pay or cancel the order. It worked fine for the Valve Index. Those were 8+ weeks out sometime but at least you knew you would get one eventually.

Playing the cart game against bots is just stupid. I managed to actually order a card from Newegg, just to have them void my order an hour or so later because it was out of stock, but it still allowed me to order. Bullshit like that shows that it doesn't even matter if you happen to get an order in, you still may not even get it.

I just completed my index purchase a few days ago, it was like 12 or more weeks wait from time I ordered.

If they are manually reviewing orders and cancelling bot orders they should also ban the accounts and payment methods used to order them. Or at least suspend them for 30 days or something.

I just completed my index purchase a few days ago, it was like 12 or more weeks wait from time I ordered.

And I suspect stock on those is WAY lower than all of the 3080 AIB stock combined. Point is, it would be nice to just get in a line and not have to deal with this shit, even if it takes a month or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back