Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as the Nvidia one the I tried manually and still couldnt get it past the cart. I have mine , now since I've talked the wife down I just have to get one more for her. She claims the EVGA one should be her's since she called in the bots.

I was messing with that bot last night and was not working for me.. I must be configuring it wrong.. seemed easy enough to setup though so not sure what I did wrong lol. I will take a look at it again later and try getting it to work. congrats on the purchase! :)

And I suspect stock on those is WAY lower than all of the 3080 AIB stock combined. Point is, it would be nice to just get in a line and not have to deal with this shit, even if it takes a month or two.
That's why I'm glad I got my Adorama 3080 FTW3 backorder and Amazon 3080 XC3 order. Both will probably take 1-2 months to fulfill (Amazon maybe sooner) but at least I'm pretty much set.

If they are manually reviewing orders and cancelling bot orders they should also ban the accounts and payment methods used to order them. Or at least suspend them for 30 days or something.
I agree, if you are putting the labor in don't half ass it. Restrict it from purchases and send an explanation.

I agree, if you are putting the labor in don't half ass it. Restrict it from purchases and send an explanation.
It theoretically should significantly reduce the number of bots for follow-up stock drops.

But they could already be doing that for all I know. Or they aren't even doing any manual reviews and are just talking out of their asses.

Bots be like...
get.gif

For those hoping to score a 3090. I got my MSI 3080 because Newegg put it up for order on their site the night before around 9 PM. Lightning doesn't often strike twice but I'd keep an eye on their site.

For those hoping to score a 3090. I got my MSI 3080 because Newegg put it up for order on their site the night before around 9 PM. Lightning doesn't often strike twice but I'd keep an eye on their site.
9PM PST?

Sorry but their checks are bs. Got a package arriving in a couple days
evga.JPG

They probably aren't looking for single-buy orders, just the bots that are attempting to order 5+ cards or something.
Or...more than likely they aren't doing any checks at all and are just tweeting this out to appease the masses.

They probably aren't looking for single-buy orders, just the bots that are attempting to order 5+ cards or something.
I don't know but if that's the case this bot does it's job. it terminates after one purchase, I commend the thoughtfulness of the writer on that.

I got a 3080 MSI order in same way on Newegg but mine was voided out

Anyone have any luck with NextWarehouse? They have a janky ass site, but it looks like they could be an option?
I've got like 30 tabs ready to rock from every OEM and every retailer under the sun. I'm goin' all in.

Anyone have any luck with NextWarehouse? They have a janky ass site, but it looks like they could be an option?
I've got like 30 tabs ready to rock from every OEM and every retailer under the sun. I'm goin' all in.
you aren't going to win against the bots. I've been trying for the last six days. Logged in tabs are not sufficient You need a fully auotomated checkout bot. The exception appears to be blind luck (and that's RARE) or Amazon which lets you actually keep something in your cart for one minute that can't be sold out from under you. With the open, logged in tabs you'll be able to add stuff to your cart, but it'll be sold out from under you over and over. Ask me how I know. :(

Mylex linked a fully automatic bot recently that worked today on EVGA's site. I was using distill, twitter feed, now instock, two different computers with logged in browsers to EVGA's site with different IPs, and saw the EVGA drop go live and I still couldn't get it. I got one FTW in my cart, and then the website crashed, and when it came back my cart was empty and they were OOS.

Can't beat em? Join em. Gonna get me a full checkout bot for the next round.

Avoid them, they tried a bait and switch with me. I bought when they showed a couple day shipping time at MSRP. They called and said I would have to pay more or wait until the end of the year. I canceled then they marked everything up.

Mylex did you or someone trusted vet the code in the bot you posted? Asks for log-in credentials and credit card information. I would be cautious to provide that information incase the bot decides to also ping that information back to a server of theirs.

Reactions: Mylex
like this
Mylex did you or someone trusted vet the code in the bot you posted? Asks for log-in credentials and credit card information. I would be cautious to provide that information incase the bot decides to also ping that information back to a server of theirs.
I did, could I have made a bot, yes but I do that enough at work. I hate being tech support at home. I tested in a virtual environment with the amazon portion with a newly made account and giftcard on the purchase of a magnet initially. It worked so well it made me think of warez so I debugged the Amazon, EVGA and Nvidia portions. EVGA took the longest because its the portion that needed cc info. There is no line requesting the information from the json file or any of the json files being sent out of the browser .

Wow people are talking about using bot here. Bots are the reason the majority of us can't get a card. Not cool.
The wife called in the bots, I get a bot. But I found that there are responsible bots that dont just take all the stock. It buys one because you cant beat a bot and they arent going to stop.

I've spent a huge chunk of time doing it manually the past week. I have a card sitting in the EVGA step-up queue and I have a wife that has handbags worth multiple times a 3090. If I let her go defcon 1 as she said it, she would have just bought a 3090 from a scalper. I won't support scalping but I'm not going to tie my hands either.

The bot I posted is super flexible its programmed for any item on Amazon, 3090.3080.2060.black t-shirt (lol, the last two are for testing on Nvidia's website) will be updated for the 3070 and the EVGA site is being updated for 3090 tonight the notes state.

I'm against scalping and botting. But at this point these sites are doing jack shit to prevent it.

I'm going to refrain from botting as I have my order in (was lucky with the Amazon one), but I won't judge someone if they're going to use a bot to just get one card to use for themselves.

I'm debating using my wife's 2080ti until my card gets through the step-up program or just getting another card. I really am over this series already. They should have held off until more stock was available.

Is there any chance that bot buys more than one of something? The instructions are pretty vague and I'm a little uneasy tossing my info into something like that. Especially with a purchase that's $1500 a pop.

I wonder if it'll be as hard to get the 20GB variant in a few months.

Is there any chance that bot buys more than one of something? The instructions are pretty vague and I'm a little uneasy tossing my info into something like that. Especially with a purchase that's $1500 a pop.
From my tests it bought one item and went back to the command line of the shell terminating the script. I get being nervous, I say follow your gut. Its only a card just wait. I think there is something we are missing with these cards. I have one and will get another eventually but this is the first launch I'm not happy about my purchase.

Please don't use bots folks, you're just making the problem worse. It still annoys me that the major websites are allowing them to continue to prosper.

https://twitter.com/EVGA_JacobF/status/1308898886841438214?s=20 (lol at the parent tweet)

Looks like EVGA is finally looking into adding a captcha at checkout. Nvidia implemented one as of today as I had one when trying to checkout. This will likely cause problems for the more simple bots.

LOL @ the IQ comment but seriously, they could do so much better. Also, why don't they implement a temporary cart hold policy? So if someone manages to get one in a cart, it reserves it for 3 minutes and doesn't snatch it away from them while they're adding in their billing information.

Reactions: Mylex
like this
I need a version of that bot program for retards....something with big colors, lots of pictures, and excessive hand holding.

The last time I navigated DOS commands, it was the 90's and my teenage self was dowloading pron on 1200 baud modems lol

I need a version of that bot program for retards....something with big colors, lots of pictures, and excessive hand holding.

The last time I navigated DOS commands, it was the 90's and my teenage self was dowloading pron on 1200 baud modems lol
Yeah, I followed the youtube instructional video. Got to where he typed in nvidia, picked 3080, and mine opened a chrome popup that just said "data" and did nothing else. I gave up. I set up some distill refreshes though using the out of stock on evga and auto notifies on newegg. Hopefully that gives me a slight edge.

I mean there is nothing MSI can do as I don't believe they sell the cards directly to consumers. Its sites like Newegg and Amazon that have what appears to be little to no protection against bots. And it seems like they don't care to add any since they're getting their money one way or another.

I mean there is nothing MSI can do as I don't believe they sell the cards directly to consumers. Its sites like Newegg and Amazon that have what appears to be little to no protection against bots. And it seems like they don't care to add any since they're getting their money one way or another.
Frankly it’s easier for the retailers to deliver 40 cards to one person than 40 individual customers...not to mention cheaper.

This was a discussion point when crypto was hot in 2017. Vendors had no incentive to sell to individuals. A crypto miner would hook up 20 cards and have no returns. 20 individual customers would be far more likely to have a few greenhorns who needed returns because they didn’t know what they were doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back