Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The LHR models can only go down in value. Resellers are continuing to price them as if they can be used for mining.
Waiting a bit more will reap a bigger reward once the backorder channels are filled. $1399 for a 3080 is still too much.

I'm not expecting $699, but $799-$999 will be a fair asking price from retailers soon.

I don't think its really going to matter. ETH mining is going away during the lifespan of Ampere and RDNA2, so they are going to be essentially the same come the move to PoS next year.

if anyone has a 3080 to swap thats nib i'd consider it. I have this 3090 sitting in the box for a month now and need to sell/get rid of it :)

Unfortunately you'll probably be waiting a bit. The 3090's are pretty widely available right now for retail price with a bundle on newegg. Only seems to be WC'd models, but they're in stock. The MSI & Gigabyte ones were available for a few days last week.

https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=rtx+3090&N=8000 4131 100007709&isdeptsrh=1

3080's, 3070's and 3060/3060 ti's are still difficult to get ahold of from what I understand, but it's getting better as they are switching to LHR models.

Reactions: mikeo
like this
I just bought one of the ANTOnline bundles:

1628084153546.png

Anybody need an XR1?

I'm seeing $1199. $1050 for the card ($160 scalping) and $150 for the PSU. OTOH the PSU is $200 on Newegg and $230 on Amazon (and $250 at roguecast); so at least the bundle isn't a doublescam.
Yeah the just changed the bundle discount from 12% to 8%

I'm seeing $1199. $1050 for the card ($160 scalping) and $150 for the PSU. OTOH the PSU is $200 on Newegg and $230 on Amazon (and $250 at roguecast); so at least the bundle isn't a doublescam.
Even at $1200 for the bundle, that's way better than you could do on eBay, if you really are tired of waiting.

I personally don't give a shit at this point about resale value, is it available at a reasonable price and is it an upgrade are the only two things I care about.
That's what I decided as well. I may even upgrade my evga warranty to 5 years.

I personally don't give a shit at this point about resale value, is it available at a reasonable price and is it an upgrade are the only two things I care about.
Yeah I'm in the same boat as I dont need latest and greatest, just happy to run something for as long as it is useful which usually negatively impacts a resale anyways since it will be 2 or 3 generations old, CPUs even more so

Last couple days Newegg has had single 3060 and 3060Ti's at decent prices on shuffle. Obviously I didn't manage to get one.

This spring 3-4 year old 1070 cards were selling for $700 bucks. That’s twice original cost.

Fast forward 3-4 years — if the same thing happens and original 3080 cards are selling for $1500 again in the next mining boom, but LHR cards are selling for $500 you’ll wish you’d cared about resale.

I don’t know if that’s a realistic scenario or not, but it was the way it played out in 2021 with 1070 type cards, and the way it played out in 2017 and 2018 with the then 2-3 year old old RX480 cards too.

In both odd scenarios one could make used about double or triple what they originally paid for their card new if they watched the GPU market values. And this opportunity was months long in both cases.

edited for clarity

Last edited:

Right. Really this " no mining = hurtz Resale value, for serious guys " is a whiny code word for: I don't want to pay more money for less mining performance in my 7-card servers I'm building right now.

Anytime mining profits tank long-term, the mining-capable cards will have EXACTLY the same resale value as the LHR; if anything, it's the dedicated 7-slot mining motherboards that go on fire-sale.

This is also whining long-term, because now these folks will have to buy vetted bundles from former miners after a market crash (instead of just collecting random cards from resellers who were looking to make bank, caught with too much stock).

Am I right, or am I right?

Last edited:
This spring 3-4 year old 1070 cards were selling for $700 bucks. That’s twice original cost.

fast forward 3-4 years — if the same thing happens and original 3080 cards are selling for $1500 again in the next mining boom, but LHR cards are selling for $500 you’ll wish you’d cared about resale. In both odd scenarios one could make about double or triple what they originally paid for their card if they watched the market values. And this opportunity for multiple months in both cases.

I don’t know if that’s a realistic scenario or not, but it was the way it played out in 2021 with 1070 type cards, and the way it played out in 2017 and 2018 with the then 2-3 year old old RX480 cards too.
You will be outnumbered on here. the vast majority of folks buying GPUs on here don't think/care of resale value in the future. Their sole purpose is to get a card that satisfies their needs at a price they can afford/justify. I would say you are in a very small niche that cares about resale value 2-3 years in the future for PC parts. If you are a miner snatching up multiple cards for your mine farm, then you care. The rest of us do not.

You will be outnumbered on here. the vast majority of folks buying GPUs on here don't think/care of resale value in the future. Their sole purpose is to get a card that satisfies their needs at a price they can afford/justify. I would say you are in a very small niche that cares about resale value 2-3 years in the future for PC parts. If you are a miner snatching up multiple cards for your mine farm, then you care. The rest of us do not.
Even before I personally started to mine I always considered resale when I bought hardware (well since my hungry college days 20 years ago anyway). I never keep old hardware - I sell old, when I buy new, and trade hardware reasonably often - buying and selling - always keeping an eye on the value of used prices. Not sure if I'm in the minority that way or not. I bet it's not as much a minority as you may think. I have PC enthusiast friends on both sides of that fence. Some have every piece of hardware they ever bought, and some have nothing but their current machine's hardware.

Last edited:
Yeah, like Resale value when it's normal depreciation I'm good w/ I'm not looking to make money on this hobby. I mean this is pretty wild, like normally I'll get rid of a 3 year old processor/gpu etc. and put funds into new build, now if I could find a gpu at msrp I'd be making a little money on my old gpu. The only time I have had something like that happen is getting a processor on a heavy discount/an unaccounted memory shortage/higher demand for old platforms/collectors looking for specific parts to run perfect dos systems etc.

I guess I mean if I get a normal card or LHR card at near msrp and can sell it for ~1/2 in 3-4 years it's fine as long as I'm getting use out of it, even if the non-lhr is worth more then will it really matter? - I mean what's making a few hundred more dollars for years of use on something that is supposed to depreciate anyway.

Now if I were making a career/investment out of mining/Resale then sure, for now mining cards would be the way better investment - especially if you're going way above msrp to buy them.

Even before I personally started to mine I always considered resale when I bought hardware (well since my hungry college days 20 years ago anyway). I never keep old hardware - I sell old, when I buy new, and trade hardware reasonably often - buying and selling - always keeping an eye on the value of used prices. Not sure if I'm in the minority that way or not. I bet it's not as much a minority as you may think. I have PC enthusiast friends on both sides of that fence. Some have every piece of hardware they ever bought, and some have nothing but their current machine's hardware.
I don't disagree w/ you on reselling, I do the same thing, I'm just saying if you get a reasonable price near msrp, even if it goes back to depreciating like a gpu normally does, while the the non-lhr cards will resell better I don't think it will matter much for a normal user, don't get me wrong - I like making money on Resale/breaking even sometimes on old parts (not accounting for inflation) but I'd rather use the card now and just move on to the next one.

With that said I'd only buy LHR at a normal price on standard 3080/3070 or 3060 ti, I am not paying silly prices for 3070 ti/3080 ti because those are definitely not looking great even at msrp, and unless you really need a gpu badly, I would just wait it out.

fast forward 3-4 years — if the same thing happens and original 3080 cards are selling for $1500 again in the next mining boom, but LHR cards are selling for $500 you’ll wish you’d cared about resale.
I probably won't because I'll more than likely skip this generation unless I can find a card at MSRP.

Besides that, all of my hardware gets passed down to family and friends if they need it & I'm really not into feeding the greed monster.

Everyone should consider the resale value of everything they own vs. the performance/value they want out of it.

Fun Fact: If you didn't get selected for the Newegg shuffle by 2pmPT/5:00pmET, there's a 99% chance you have to try again tomorrow.

The one time I won I got the email around 4:58pmET. First 2hr window may start between 3-5pmET, second window 5-7pmET, stock not going beyond the second 2hr window. You'll get the loser email around 7pmET. Third window is for the last 2 lucky SOBs on the cards that were passed up on.

Last edited:
Fun Fact: If you didn't get selected for the Newegg shuffle by 2pmPT/5:00pmET, there's a 99% chance you have to try again tomorrow.

The one time I won I got the email around 4:58pmET. First 2hr window may start between 3-5pmET, second window 5-7pmET, stock not going beyond the second 2hr window. You'll get the loser email around 7pmET. Third window is for the last 2 lucky SOBs on the cards that were passed up on.
That won't be an issue. I never get selected.

I only ever got selected for a $900 6700 XT I didn't want anyway. I didn't even remember pushing the button for that card.

Been bugging my boss this week to enter the shuffle. He won an evga 3060ti, he’ll step up to the 3080. Lucky guy wins first week.
Damn, nice - I need some luck like that. I thought your other post (wrong thread one) was pretty great breaking up the thread from the gpu trash market though, lol

Does Best Buy do any stock drops of FE cards these days? Are the 3060ti's still being produced?

I was lucky enough to get one at launch for a friend but had to resell because he bailed; now another friend wants something and I'm trying to figure out the best way to get cards (obviously bundles are sometimes an option)

Does Best Buy do any stock drops of FE cards these days? Are the 3060ti's still being produced?

I was lucky enough to get one at launch for a friend but had to resell because he bailed; now another friend wants something and I'm trying to figure out the best way to get cards (obviously bundles are sometimes an option)
No idea, my experience has been that getting reasonably priced 30 series cards has only gotten harder as time has gone by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back