Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, still in stock. The GPU situation seems to be getting much better as long as you can spend more than $600 for a GPU.
(That GPU's already being listed on ebay but I don't see the scalpers getting much out of it:https://www.ebay.com/itm/184957875437?hash=item2b105934ed:g:BaQAAOSwvBlg-Opb&LH_BIN=1)

I've seen some decent prices on ebay lately, saw a 6800XT go for $940 used at auction for example, but stockx seems to also be a nice dumping ground for people that are getting the FE GPUs from bestbuy. The lowest I've seen 3070s go for is about $900 and 3080s for $1200 so if you check there right after a bestbuy drop you can save a lot over other places. Fees are a little higher than ebay but I had a good experience buying my card there.
https://stockx.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-graphics-card-founders-edition-black
https://stockx.com/nvidia-founders-geforce-rtx-3070-ti-900-1g143-2515-000

As far as markup over MSRP the 3090 is only 400 more versus 700+ for 3080s. That’s crazy. It’s like 85% vs 24%, 3080 Ti is siting in between there.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
3080s have been the only cards hard to get from my MC. They constantly have stock of something from 3060 to 3090s.

Newegg shuffle ending in 20min, why are the 3080 ti's all 1800+? I thought that was a 1200ish dollar card? Newegg is price gouging now?

RED ALERT

I just noticed that I won the newegg shuffle today for a 3060ti combo with 16GB of RAM for $734. I don't need it and selected it today, intending to offer it to someone. A good friend of my doesn't want it (surprisingly). I have to buy it by 2PM.

PM me if you want it and we will work out details. I am not asking for any commission or extra money.

I will try to have it shipped directly to you. But if I cannot, understand I will need you to pay for me to ship it to you.

I only accept Paypal. its your choice which method you want to pay (Friends and family but no buyer protection, or with buyer protection but plus added fees). If you pay for buyer protection, use a fees calculator so that I don't lose money ;)

I don't have heat. But have been a member here since 2005 and have bought and sold several things. Here is my most recent sales thread, where I sold many CPUs, RAM, etc.

https://hardforum.com/threads/fs-only-various-ddr4-sodimm-8gb-ddr3-kit.2009757/

I want this to go to a gamer who needs it. not someone whom wants to try and turn around flip it for more money.

PM me for my paypal email address. Paypal me $734.98 and your shipping address, to get this started.

I'm watching my PM inbox like a hawk right now ;)

sorry about the time crunch!

1627332034706.png

I selected all....didnt get selected....again...for like the 300th time it feels like. Looking for a 3080 tho...glad to see some Hard boys helping others out

Why does this need to be explained every god damn week? Nvidia's MSRP =\= AiB MSRP.
That begs the question what is the AIB MSRP of that particular card? Is it the AIB thinking a 50% increase over Nvidia's MSRP is justified by a fancy cooler and RGB? Or is there some level of Newegg throwing a few c-notes on top of it because why the hell not, nothing says they need to sell at MSRP.

Reactions: mikeo
like this
That begs the question what is the AIB MSRP of that particular card? Is it the AIB thinking a 50% increase over Nvidia's MSRP is justified by a fancy cooler and RGB? Or is there some level of Newegg throwing a few c-notes on top of it because why the hell not, nothing says they need to sell at MSRP.
Your better off just getting a 3080 instead of paying extra for fancy cooler on the 3070... More ram and power for almost same price

I've won a few shuffles already, seems to be the best option just hammer it 6 days a week like clockwork.

3090 Ventus 3x was in stock on newegg all morning by itself, forgot to post it up here though. May be worthwhile to watch it in case it comes in stock again soon.

getting back in the shuffle. Decided a 3060 will do me just fine if I can get one. Been wanting the 3080 but realize they are dumb expensive right now and since my monitor maxes out at 1080p not sure I need it.

Only thing I see the 3080 being better for is turning on RTX lighting. it would stop the FPS from tanking even at 1080p. I will take a 3080 with a water block on it already though.

getting back in the shuffle. Decided a 3060 will do me just fine if I can get one. Been wanting the 3080 but realize they are dumb expensive right now and since my monitor maxes out at 1080p not sure I need it.

Only thing I see the 3080 being better for is turning on RTX lighting. it would stop the FPS from tanking even at 1080p. I will take a 3080 with a water block on it already though.
What video card are you currently rocking? Personally I'd wait it out myself unless you can get a 3060 at near Nvidia MSRP levels, which NE doesn't seem to be doing with their shuffles

Have you not bothered to look at reviews? Using a 3080 at 1080p would be beyond stupid especially with anything other than the fastest CPUs out there. Not only are you going to be laughably CPU limited, the architecture itself does not scale worth a shit in many games at that low resolution. You could literally get the same frame rate at 1440p as even at that resolution the 3080 cannot stretch its legs in plenty of games especially with your CPU due to the overhead. I believe it was hardware unboxed that showed high-end ampere cards are just a mess in some games at low resolution and will have AMD cards that are not even half as fast actually beat them. With your setup a 3060 makes way more sense and for 1080p and is actually overkill for anything but the most demanding games with ray tracing. Hell a 3060 at 1080p is the same as a 3080 at 1440p.

Last edited:
Using a 3080 at 1080p would be beyond stupid. Not only are you going to be laughably CPU limited, the architecture itself does not scale worth a shit in many games at that low resolution. You could literally get the same frame rate at 1440p in most cases as even at that resolution the 3080 cannot stretch its legs and plenty of games. I believe it was hardware unboxed that showed high-end ampere cards are just a mess in some games at low resolution and will have AMD cards that are not even half as fast actually beat them.
I think its a combo of AMD's GPU drivers actually have less CPU overhead and the inifinity cache on AMD's GPUs helps keeping the speed up, at 1080p.

Have you not bothered to look at reviews? Using a 3080 at 1080p would be beyond stupid especially with anything other than the fastest CPUs out there. Not only are you going to be laughably CPU limited, the architecture itself does not scale worth a shit in many games at that low resolution. You could literally get the same frame rate at 1440p as even at that resolution the 3080 cannot stretch its legs in plenty of games especially with your CPU due to the overhead. I believe it was hardware unboxed that showed high-end ampere cards are just a mess in some games at low resolution and will have AMD cards that are not even half as fast actually beat them. With your setup a 3060 makes way more sense and for 1080p and is actually overkill for anything but the most demanding games with ray tracing. Hell a 3060 at 1080p is the same as a 3080 at 1440p.
AMD is quite better at 1080p for some reason, not sure why NVIDIA struggles at lower resolutions with their high end cards.

AMD is quite better at 1080p for some reason, not sure why NVIDIA struggles at lower resolutions with their high end cards.
Yeah Nvidia has a very very obvious overhead issue and I believe part of the issue is lack of hardware scheduler such as on AMD.

Got the ASUS tuf 3080 / ASUS tuf monitor bundle for ~$1400 in today’s shuffle. Not a great deal but will sell the monitor, so not super terrible considering 3080s are going for $1500 on the secondary market

I "won" the shuffle for the

Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Holo​

Its sitting in the cart

Total
  • Item(s):$1,599.99
  • Delivery:$9.99

• Tax: $134.84
$1744.82

I am having a hard time hitting the "order" button I will be honest. I have another 90 min to decide

Last edited:
I "won" the shuffle for the

Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Holo​

Its sitting in the cart

Total
  • Item(s):$1,599.99
  • Delivery:$9.99

• Tax: $134.84
$1744.82

I am having a hard time hitting the "order" button I will be honest. I have another 90 min to decide
I sure as hell would not spend over $1,700 on a GPU that will be paired up with a 4 core 8 thread CPU especially at 1440p.

True but that would be temporary as I am moving to a 5800x this fall 😊
Well then that makes a huge difference but still if you plan on gaming only at your native res it would still be a bit of a waste due to how poor the 3080 ti does at just 1440p. If you did decide to get it then at least crank the resolution scaling in games that offer it or use DSR.

The LHR models can only go down in value. Resellers are continuing to price them as if they can be used for mining.
Waiting a bit more will reap a bigger reward once the backorder channels are filled. $1399 for a 3080 is still too much.

I'm not expecting $699, but $799-$999 will be a fair asking price from retailers soon.

I'd like a reasonably priced 3080 before BF2042. I've registered for every single newegg drawing for the cards that are what I would deem reasonable (Under $1300 bucks...stupid bundles). I'm like 0-169 it feels like. Then again, I don't think I've bought anything from Newegg in over 8 years and I think they know that.

The sad part is, I actually won the shuffle one day but I was at work all day and not checking emails so I lost a 3070(which I didnt really want that badly anyways) just for not paying attention lol. Past that I am like 1/150.

I just want a RTX 3080 at MSRP. That is all I want. Just 1.....

The LHR models can only go down in value. Resellers are continuing to price them as if they can be used for mining.
Waiting a bit more will reap a bigger reward once the backorder channels are filled. $1399 for a 3080 is still too much.

I'm not expecting $699, but $799-$999 will be a fair asking price from retailers soon.
I thought they are only nerfed for Ethereum mining? So they can mine virtually anything else (which can then be traded for ETH or BTC). Have there not been any workarounds for ETH mining on the LHR cards too like there was on the 3060s?

I thought they are only nerfed for Ethereum mining? So they can mine virtually anything else (which can then be traded for ETH or BTC). Have there not been any workarounds for ETH mining on the LHR cards too like there was on the 3060s?
Depends on the card I believe, I generally try to avoid them in general. No workarounds that I'm aware of other than the fan speed / card crashing glitch which let's you get full hashrate out of the earlier 3060s in ETH. But the thing is, a 3070ti for example still earns about $4/day mining Ravencoin so they're still wildly profitable.

if anyone has a 3080 to swap thats nib i'd consider it. I have this 3090 sitting in the box for a month now and need to sell/get rid of it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back