Official Deus Ex: Human Revolution thread

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by TheOneKnownAsMe, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Banko

Banko Gawd

Looking at the Eidos forums it seems hit or miss. Some people needed SSAO and DX11 off. I left DX11 on and once I turned SSAO off the floaty feeling disappeared.

2. NukeDukem

NukeDukem 2[H]4U

I'm wondering exactly what SSAO and Depth of Field do, and if they worth worth the performance hits.

3. pigwalk

pigwalk [H]ardForum Junkie

Anyone else enjoy shooting a passed out enemy in the head with a pistol right after getting the "Merciful Soul" bonus for sedating them?

4. TheOneKnownAsMe

TheOneKnownAsMe [H]ard|Gawd

The game is running absolutely perfectly for me, averaging about 110 fps @1920x1080, all settings on high (including FXAA) with 2x6950 2GB CFX. Also, disabling vsync and triple buffering removed the mouse issues on my end.

5. limitedaccess

limitedaccess [H]ardness Supreme

Anyone tried shooting a camera vs. using the stun gun on them? I'm assuming it sets off the alarm.

Mainly wondering if a keeping a silenced pistol around to shoot cameras is worth while.

6. Stiffy

Stiffy Limp Gawd

hahaha yes. I do it often. :D

7. Stiffy

Stiffy Limp Gawd

Shooting cameras even with a silenced weapons will make enemies alarmed, ime.

8. petertew

petertew Gawd

Jensen's apartment is awesome.

9. gentoo

gentoo Gawd

Same, I had to disable both of those and drop FXAA to medium for mouse lag to ease up.

10. Brent_Justice

Brent_Justice Moderator

We will be sure to demonstrate both options clearly, in our gameplay performance evaluation, so you can see what they add to the visual experience.

11. rampantandroid

rampantandroid [H]ard|Gawd

To me, the game feels sluggish and the controls just plain suck right now; feels like another shitty console port. I'm easily holding 90+FPS with VSync off.

Shelving the game until I either fine ini edits to make it feel more responsive or it's patched. Hurts my eyes to play it.

12. Einhanderkiller

Einhanderkiller 2[H]4U

The tutorial video says that shooting cameras will set off the alarm.

13. Andrmgic

Andrmgic Gawd

Tried changing the FOV? That seems to help some folks who feel that the game is sluggish.. default FOV is 75.. some people say 90 is an improvement and makes it feel less sluggish for them.

14. limitedaccess

limitedaccess [H]ardness Supreme

Yea I noticed the tutorial after making that post, thanks.

I'll keep the revolver then, for style points.

15. NukeDukem

NukeDukem 2[H]4U

Having a great time with the game.... but the constant crashes to desktop are getting ridiculous. Hoping for a patch soon!

16. FadedSpark

FadedSpark [H]ardness Supreme

Loving this game. Maxed out on the rig in the sig (not a 4850 if it still says that, but a 6870 :D )

Playing through on This is Deus Ex, Not a single kill thus far. Quite proud.

17. ChronoDetector

ChronoDetector 2[H]4U

Just bought this game on Greenman Gaming for $40, downloading it right now on Steam, better be worth it. Is the graphics good? As long it supports DX11 I'll be happy.

18. eloj

eloj 2[H]4U

This attitude is what's wrong with gaming.

19. Brent_Justice

Brent_Justice Moderator

Been 100% stable on my main computer, no crashes at all, and i've messed with the game graphics options tons

20. Brent_Justice

Brent_Justice Moderator

Then you haven't played it far, this game is hella fun, I'm having a blast, so much depth in it, open ended world

21. Brent_Justice

Brent_Justice Moderator

He has a really big TV, he really like cereal, but he needs to set the trash out :p

22. NukeDukem

NukeDukem 2[H]4U

Interestingly enough it seems I have solved the crashing issue by creating a separate user account on my rig (non-administrator, standard user), and playing DE:HR from that account. A piece of advice I picked up from reading the Eidos forums... apparently there are tons of people having DX11 issues and desktop crashes with this game.

23. quadnad

quadnad [H]ardness Supreme

I haven't experienced any CTDs on DX11, though I did experience an odd black screen (the monitor was literally displaying a black screen, i could even back out to the menus/see the options/alt tab to windows, but when I hit resume it just showed the black screen). This happened right as it was loading the first real mission, after you're briefed by Sarif on the VTOL. I reloaded a previous save and haven't had any other issues since.

24. mls1995

mls1995 2[H]4U

Dude, that's not a spoiler.

25. next-Jin

next-Jin [H]ardness Supreme

The game does have mouse issues, there is a problem. If you play any Source game then play this it feels floaty or lagged. Anyone who says otherwise just is not used to twitch gameplay or are oblivious to the fact.

I'm going to try and put it in DX9 and see if that helps. It's stupid that this is even a problem it's 2011 for gods sake.

26. demingo

demingo Trump is My President!

Has anyone figured out how to fix the load times? Reloading a save in Detriot takes a good 30 seconds or so. With a 4ghz cpu, 12gb of ram, and 2 1.5tb drives in raid 0 I doubt it's my system.

Other people having the long long load times too? My only gripe so far.

27. Splinter24

Splinter24 Gawd

They're killing me as well.

What sucks is that this issue was present in the leaked early build of the game. I was hoping they would have been addressed before launch :/

28. xenios

xenios Gawd

I have had no crashes (I played for 12hrs yesterday, lol) and the mouse smoothing is not noticeable enough to me for me to get all pissy. Make sure you lower your settings enough to get a stable >60 makes things much more enjoyable when you dont have those annoying dips in fps.

As for load times it gets really annoying in shanghai when you have to travel 3 zones to get somewhere. Its probably reloading the levels each time. If this game wasnt so awesome I would bitch more but its just too damn fun for me to get worked up over something minor like that.

29. demingo

demingo Trump is My President!

It's quickly becoming a major issue instead of a minor one. In a game that pulls you into its atmosphere and you feel enveloped by it, a long load screen shocks you out of that game world pretty badly.

30. Brent_Justice

Brent_Justice Moderator

I've noticed the long load times, a bit annoying when you are in the city, and transferring between buildings

I've also noticed the mouse lag, we'll look into what options help reduce this

I'm also going to shoot for a 40fps avg fps to aim for in this game

31. TheNuker

TheNuker Limp Gawd

Mouse lag is usually a problem with vsync. I know source and ue3 allow you to limit the FPS, which is what fixes the problem. In source, for example, just set your max_fps to 59.9 (if your refresh rate is 60hz). This solves the mouse lag issue completely on any engine that gives you the problem.

The same issue is fixeable in gamebryo games (FO3, FONV, Oblivion), but the engine has no such setting, thus you need the stutter remover mod which gives you the option to limit the upper bound of how many frames are displayed. However, on those engines, you need to set the limit to 2 frames below your vsync rate, thus 58fps for 60hz, 73fps for 75hz, etc.

Now it's up to someone who has DX:HR to see if the engine has such setting in it, otherwise a third party solution is required.

32. Vertigo528

Vertigo528 Limp Gawd

I played with SLI GTX470 for about 4 hours last night with no issues. I don't think I'm on the most recent driver. If you want the driver version, just PM me.

33. dark_reign

dark_reign 2[H]4U

A lead developer on the Deus Ex forum said there was no mouse smoothing or acceleration added to the game. He also said there is a bug with the in-game mouse sensitivity controls and should be fixed with the next patch. I'm sure they will get this sorted.

Someone said that changing the aspect ratio from auto to manual setting fixed the mouse lag but I haven't tried it. Might be worth a shot.

34. nakedhand

nakedhand 2[H]4U

Good to hear! I am damn picky myself and hope to experience the awesomeness of this game when it comes out in Scandinavia Friday.. sigh. I have been lusting for this game since announcement in 2007. The last two days are unbearable!

This thread is dangerous to follow until first play through has been completed, hence not returning until then.

35. Brackle

Brackle Old Timer

Hmmm I have no mouse lag whatsoever, and I have triple buffering and vsync on.

I also have d3doverider going, and have triple buffering and vsync on with that program as well.

36. Solitude

Solitude [H]ard|Gawd

we should dig around in the game files and look for settings to tweak, maybe theres something really easy to switch on or off or adjust in some .ini that will help with the load times.

37. Modred189

Modred189 I'm Smarter Than You

I put a few hours into it last night and I have been pretty impressed. I have almost everything maxed on teh rig in sig, and it has been very smooth.

HOWEVER, I am also experiencing the mouse 'floaty feel' and crazy long load times. I am playing more conservatively as a result, and trying less because I don't want to die and wait for the minute-long load.

That being said, I love how Jensen sounds like JC Denton, both in reading the name, and his voice acting. For anyone on the fence, go read the PC GAmer review, I think they hit it on the head, minus the technical issues I mention above.

OH, and here's a joke:
    What Font do the Human Purist terrorist people use in their documents?

Sans-Serif.

38. Ricedaddy

Ricedaddy [H]ard|Gawd

The only issue I have noticed is the long load times. I have a i5-750 at 3.8ghz, 4gb DDR3 1600 and two 7200rpm drives in a raid 0 so I'm not thinking it's the system.

It hasn't been unbearable, but it's distracting. Fortunately not having any mouse or movement issues, and the game hasn't crashed four hours in.

39. TheOneKnownAsMe

TheOneKnownAsMe [H]ard|Gawd

Yeah, the long load times are the only thing detracting from my experience so far.

40. Rizen

Rizen [H]ardForum Junkie

I am not having any mouse issues or CTD issues. I am running Vsync+triple buffering ON, as well. Sig in system. Running maxed out everything @ 1920x1200.