Nvidia 980/970 Availability Thread

Screw it I made 2 business accounts at newegg and ordered a MSI GTX 970 on both to get the $30 off each. Came in a little under list price after bs tax and shipping.

I bought two of the Evga ACX 970's from Amazon and, and after reading about their issues decided to return them before they were even delivered. I want the Asus Strix ones now, and placed the order with Amazon, but I'm on the waiting list. The question now is do I order off of Newegg and pay the extra $40, or stick with Amazon and hope they come in stock before Oct. 1st (when Amazon starts collecting sales tax here)?

Never mind, out of stock now.

STRIX is now out of stock.

EVGA SC ACX (0974-KR) is in stock. MSi GAMING 4G is still in stock.

*@ NewEgg

Gave up on amazon getting a evga in and ordered the msi gaming from the egg

Gave up on amazon getting a evga in and ordered the msi gaming from the egg
Amazon sent me an email today with an update about my EVGA GTX980 order.

Your new estimated delivery date is: September 26, 2014

I'm still waiting for my pair of evga 980 sc's from amazon. Cyntech if you don't mind me asking when did you order yours? Mine was on 9/20 and i haven't received anything yet.

I'm still waiting for my pair of evga 980 sc's from amazon. Cyntech if you don't mind me asking when did you order yours? Mine was on 9/20 and i haven't received anything yet.

I ordered my 970 STRIXs from Amazon just a few minutes after the page went live, and I haven't gotten any update. In fact, I haven't heard of anyone getting any of the ASUS cards from Amazon yet. I'm hoping I'll hear something tomorrow since it looks like Newegg got more of a bunch of different cards (including the ASUS) today. If I don't hear something tomorrow, I'm dropping my 1 day shipping....no point since I'll be out of town for a week anyway.

I don't have the post count for hot deals..but the Zotac GTX 780 Ti AMP Superclocked is looking interesting @ The Egg for $430 no rebate + Borderlands, That is if you're missing the GTX 970 that you want. If you can do the NewEgg Business deal...hmm.

Pretty disappointed that it took Newegg more than a day to get my MSI 970 out the door and onto a truck, it really should've shipped the day I placed my order. Maybe it's their way of incentivising people to pay for them to "rush" their orders, which is something that's never sat right with me. Fortunately I decided to pay extra for two day shipping to ensure I'd get it before the weekend. If I hadn't coughed up that extra $15 I wouldn't have even gotten my package until next week, which is ridiculous since I ordered early on a Tuesday.

That said, this is the kind of upgrade I'm looking at, so it's hard to be sour.

That may have worked out in your favor :)

Yep it's showing as "packaging"

Kinda surprised Amazon wasn't a littler better letting people know some idea of when they might be in and honestly still amazed demand outpaced supply this much.

Joe Q Public does not buy these video cards... we dorks do.

I wonder if my 580 is worth $50 now lol

Pretty disappointed that it took Newegg more than a day to get my MSI 970 out the door and onto a truck, it really should've shipped the day I placed my order. Maybe it's their way of incentivising people to pay for them to "rush" their orders, which is something that's never sat right with me. Fortunately I decided to pay extra for two day shipping to ensure I'd get it before the weekend. If I hadn't coughed up that extra $15 I wouldn't have even gotten my package until next week, which is ridiculous since I ordered early on a Tuesday.

That said, this is the kind of upgrade I'm looking at, so it's hard to be sour.

Ordered from Newegg yesterday at 4:01 PM, GTX 970 is being delivered to Maine today. I selected Overnight w/o Rush Processing though, with my finger crossed they would box it up faster. Figured this was worth a shot instead of playing roulette with how long it would take Newegg to package and ship the GPU.

Sucks that is cost an extra $10 in shipping. Worth the $10 so I would get the card before the weekend even if there was a packing delay.

Last edited:
Just scored a MSI 970 Gaming 4G from TD that just came back into stock. Had a script running that keeps checking stock and alerts my phone when it does.

Used this $15 coupon code to make the 2-day shipping a wash (expires 9/30) http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/...kToSchool_discount/index.asp?SRCCODE=VISA2014

Items: $349.99
Shipping & Handling: $15.99
Discount: - $15.00
Sales Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $350.98

EDIT: Wow. There were about 79 in stock when I ordered, a minute later all sold out. Therefore I won't be surprised if in a week I get a "sorry the item was out of stock at time of order" -- we are talking about TD after all.

Last edited:
I ordered the Evga GTX 980 from Tigerdirect and my order will be fulfilled by a 3rd party. I'm hoping this isn't going to end up being a nightmare..

I don't have the post count for hot deals..but the Zotac GTX 780 Ti AMP Superclocked is looking interesting @ The Egg for $430 no rebate + Borderlands, That is if you're missing the GTX 970 that you want. If you can do the NewEgg Business deal...hmm.

Not worth it. 4GB of VRAM is the minimum that you want now if you're intending on using higher settings in games. The Evil Within announced it's specs and listed a 670 with 4GB of VRAM as recommended. Then it goes on to state that you can run it with lower specs, but at lower settings. If you're spending $430 on a brand new video card then it should be able to handle the heat.

Stay away from video cards with less than 4GB of VRAM.

Link to The Evil Within recommended specs.

Word of warning

I ordered a stick of ram from tigerdirect and it went to a third party. That was back on the first of September and I canceled my order yesterday because they did not ship it out

Last edited:
I ordered the Evga GTX 980 from Tigerdirect and my order will be fulfilled by a 3rd party. I'm hoping this isn't going to end up being a nightmare..

Well shit. I just ordered 2 from them. I feel a little giddy. Its still true that the EVGA SuperClocked versions aren't worth it right? I ordered two vanilla EVGA GTX 980's. Whoa i need some air lol

Well shit. I just ordered 2 from them. I feel a little giddy. Its still true that the EVGA SuperClocked versions aren't worth it right? I ordered two vanilla EVGA GTX 980's. Whoa i need some air lol

They're just factory overclocked reference cards. I bought one, although one can simply achieve the same clocks manually.

I'm about to pull the trigger on one...who is the 3rd party?
It doesn't say. It's basically the roll of the dice. This happened to me before and it actually got delivered the next day. I read other stories where it's a nightmare tho.

Let me know what happens with your update status. I've read that the vanilla and SC aren't binned. Other then that, I believe it's the same exact card, with the exception that the SC is guaranteed to have the stable factory overclock.

Btw dont forget to use the $15 off coupon and if you have a Discover card use the 5% cash back Shop Discover. That's mainly the reason why I went with TD.

Btw dont forget to use the $15 off coupon and if you have a Discover card use the 5% cash back Shop Discover. That's mainly the reason why I went with TD.

you can also link your card at coupons.com and get a 10 dollar statement for 970 or 20 dollar statement with 980

I ordered an MSI Gaming 970 from TigerDirect earlier in a very narrow window when they had them in stock. It's already shipping via UPS.

I'm about to pull the trigger on one...who is the 3rd party?

I believe it is just a warehouse facility from a specialized logistics company that is hired by smaller companies like TD. Not sure how newegg manages it, but i think they have their own facilities in the distribution chain. Amazon definitely have their own warehouses.

Let me know what happens with your update status. I've read that the vanilla and SC aren't binned. Other then that, I believe it's the same exact card, with the exception that the SC is guaranteed to have the stable factory overclock.

Will do. Cross fingers , touch wood and spin on the spot three times.

Discover also have an additional 5% off online purchases during October-December. So 10% plus $15 off, if you can hold out a few days.

Sigh, looks like I won't be getting to play with my cards until I'm back from vacation. Amazon hasn't restocked on any 970s that I'm aware of. It makes me wonder how Newegg and even TD have restocked everything at least once or twice now, but Amazon has seemingly yet to get anything.

Sigh, looks like I won't be getting to play with my cards until I'm back from vacation. Amazon hasn't restocked on any 970s that I'm aware of. It makes me wonder how Newegg and even TD have restocked everything at least once or twice now, but Amazon has seemingly yet to get anything.

Thats because Amazon takes orders when out of stock, I'm sure the high demand stuff wont be in stock any time soon. I ordered a GTX980 shortly after they were posted on Amazon and its scheduled to be delivered tomorrow now and as far as I know the Amazon page has not shown them as in stock at any point in time.

Thats because Amazon takes orders when out of stock, I'm sure the high demand stuff wont be in stock any time soon. I ordered a GTX980 shortly after they were posted on Amazon and its scheduled to be delivered tomorrow now and as far as I know the Amazon page has not shown them as in stock at any point in time.

Right, but I ordered a few minutes after the page was live, so I was hoping to be one of the first people to get their cards shipped when they got more in. I haven't heard anything so far. As much as I'd like to order from Newegg or even TD, I have a lot of credit at Amazon that I'd like to use.

Back