Nvidia 980/970 Availability Thread

A quick question about my side panel fan. I ordered a Gigabyte 980 G1 and was wondering, is it better to remove the side panel fan or make it an exhaust? I would assume the air blowing in from the side would mess with the flow of the case when the Gigabyte is blowing air down.

Blackhawk Ultra

:confused:

A quick question about my side panel fan. I ordered a Gigabyte 980 G1 and was wondering, is it better to remove the side panel fan or make it an exhaust? I would assume the air blowing in from the side would mess with the flow of the case when the Gigabyte is blowing air down.

Blackhawk Ultra

:confused:

If you have decent airflow in the case it won't be an issue. Air blowing in from the side will blow over the card and get exhausted out the top.

If you have decent airflow in the case it won't be an issue. Air blowing in from the side will blow over the card and get exhausted out the top.

I have an ASUS DirectCU II 680 and some limited testing showed virtually no difference in temps with or without the fan. I am just worried about the Gigabyte pushing air down. I will just have to wait until I get it to test. Thank you.

Is anyone able to get DSR to work? I'm running on the latest beta 344.16 drivers and GFE 2.1.2 but have no options to enable DSR either by GFE custom settings or in NCP.

This freaking blows

Anyone have any idea when Amazon is actually going to start shipping? I just want an EVGA SC and I'm willing to pay for it.

I'm told the economy sucks... I WANT TO GIVE MONEY! lol

I was hoping this morning amazon or newegg would have more stock. Yesterday the msi gaming 970 said more stock eta today but now it says nothing. :(

They will fill existing orders when they have some right?

This is nuts - these aren't iphones or ps4's they're high end video cards.

They must have seriously underestimated demand.

Is anyone able to get DSR to work? I'm running on the latest beta 344.16 drivers and GFE 2.1.2 but have no options to enable DSR either by GFE custom settings or in NCP.

Looks like 344.16 WHQL is going up soon. Site says Tue Sept 23, but download link is still for the beta. Check GFE.

This freaking blows

Anyone have any idea when Amazon is actually going to start shipping? I just want an EVGA SC and I'm willing to pay for it.

I'm told the economy sucks... I WANT TO GIVE MONEY! lol

A number of people already received cards from Amazon. I don't know about that model specifically.

Just installed my 980s :) Going to try them out on my 55" 4K Samsung HU 8550 in a bit.

teeb.jpg

Sexy!

It looks similar to my setup :)

Even EVGA doesn't have any to sell on their own site?

Did they just decide last week to roll these things out? I'm sorry but this is enthusiast level product not mass marketed. I don't get the supply issue at all really.

I skipped the 780 because I kept waiting for it to go down and it never did and this comes along to reward my patience and I can't get one lol

Even EVGA doesn't have any to sell on their own site?

Did they just decide last week to roll these things out? I'm sorry but this is enthusiast level product not mass marketed. I don't get the supply issue at all really.

I skipped the 780 because I kept waiting for it to go down and it never did and this comes along to reward my patience and I can't get one lol

There are a few 980's in stock on NE, and just the lone Zotac 970. In the case of the 970, it's an incredibly well performing card that launched at a great price. I don't think anyone anticipated how popular it would be. You had the people who knew that was the card they wanted...but then I think there were a lot of people waiting for the 980 that ended up stepping down based on the much lower price and very close performance. Then I think you probably had a lot of people who weren't really watching these GPU's that then saw the price and decided to get one on a whim.

New GPU launches are often met with supply issues. Here you've got great performance, great price, and a new set of technology. It's simply very attractive from a lot of angles and a lot of people want it. If you're holding out for a particular brand, you just gotta be patient. If you don't care about brand, there will always be Zotac :D

I might just order the msi gaming 970 on amazon and just wait for it to ship. Sitting here waiting for stock is getting annoying.

I might just order the msi gaming 970 on amazon and just wait for it to ship. Sitting here waiting for stock is getting annoying.

This is what I've done. I also have an auto-notify setup on Newegg so if they happen to stock it first I can then just cancel my Amazon order and place it with Newegg.

Yeah, I ordered 2x ASUS 970s from Amazon about 10 min after they went live on the site. I was hoping that they would have gotten some more in stock by now. I don't think the ASUS was ever in stock though (either that or it sold out instantly). I actually chatted with a rep yesterday, and was told they had no estimation for when they'd get more. I'm going out of town next week, so if these don't ship in the next day or so, I'm definitely reducing my shipping from 1 day though.

Just order a msi gaming 970 from amazon. Really bummed we have no estimate on when we will get them.

I ordered the same one yesterday from Amazon. Wish there was an estimated date, even if it was two weeks away, I just kinda want to know. Hopefully soon. I'm sure with all of the demand for it, they MUST be getting some more in..... hopefully.

I ordered the same one yesterday from Amazon. Wish there was an estimated date, even if it was two weeks away, I just kinda want to know. Hopefully soon. I'm sure with all of the demand for it, they MUST be getting some more in..... hopefully.

I got 1 day shipping. I got friday off and want it for then lol.

Sitting here waiting on the ups man. My gtx 980 sc should be here in a bit, hopefully.

Dayum. Just had a MSI GTX 980 in my cart on TigerDirect and went OOS while I was trying to pay for it, lol.

I was hoping this morning amazon or newegg would have more stock. Yesterday the msi gaming 970 said more stock eta today but now it says nothing. :(

weird... MSI has taken the 9xx cards off their site. It just says "error" now.

This is what I've done. I also have an auto-notify setup on Newegg so if they happen to stock it first I can then just cancel my Amazon order and place it with Newegg.

Just order a msi gaming 970 from amazon. Really bummed we have no estimate on when we will get them.

Hey Guys,

Seems like demand is outstripping supply! :eek:

We are definitely trying to get more stock out to the retailers ASAP! i know everyone wants a new Maxwell beauty in their tower ASAP, but i hope you guys can keep your pants on :D

Hey Guys,

Seems like demand is outstripping supply! :eek:

We are definitely trying to get more stock out to the retailers ASAP! i know everyone wants a new Maxwell beauty in their tower ASAP, but i hope you guys can keep your pants on :D

You guys got any eta? Are we talking days or weeks? I wanna know how to plan my weekend lol.

I stumbled across this site. Seems pretty cool; I just turn my volume up high and hope for the best! I placed an order with Amazon on Saturday, but if Newegg gets stock first...

Newegg just opened another pallet, the GIGABYTE GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD GeForce GTX 970 is back in stock @ newegg too, got mine! ;)

They will fill existing orders when they have some right?

This is nuts - these aren't iphones or ps4's they're high end video cards.

They must have seriously underestimated demand.

You're surprised that a product that is considerably better than some shitty outdated phone and outdated proprietary computer is popular?

Well, actually... I am too. I don't have much faith in the intelligence of the general public but it looks like they're actually getting it right for once by being hyped for a product that is actually awesome - Maxwell.

I totally cancelled my order for my MSI 970GTX Gaming from Amazon. I'm glad I checked this thread to see that Newegg had them back in stock because it was $10 cheaper on Newegg, AND I don't have to pay tax!! So I saved $40 :) And it's actually in stock, WOOHOO so excited!

I totally cancelled my order for my MSI 970GTX Gaming from Amazon. I'm glad I checked this thread to see that Newegg had them back in stock because it was $10 cheaper on Newegg, AND I don't have to pay tax!! So I saved $40 :) And it's actually in stock, WOOHOO so excited!

same exact deal as me

Back