Nvidia 980/970 Availability Thread

same exact deal as me

Yours is already in packaging too, right? Did you get a faster shipping? I kinda wish I did.. but I stuck wit the super egg saver shipping. Shipping out from California, hope it doesn't actually take 4-7 business days to get to NY from there!

I did 2.99 rush packing and next day air. It is packing right now. I am in Kingston, NY. As along as I got it by Friday morning for my day off I am happy.

I stumbled across this site. Seems pretty cool; I just turn my volume up high and hope for the best! I placed an order with Amazon on Saturday, but if Newegg gets stock first...

I just wanted to chime in and say this is amazing, thanks so much!

I ordered a second Gigabyte 970 Gaming from newegg business while they were still in stock. I used the code B2BC30V7 for an extra 30 bucks off too!

Ugh, Newegg never auto-notified me that the MSI 970 was back in stock. Thankfully I read this thread.

Can anyone give me an idea about Newegg's shipping? I selected 1 day, so I'm just wondering if there is any chance that my order will be processed and shipped out tonight (unlikely, I know).

It's certainly possible, maybe not likely. Mine is coming from the CA warehouse so it's PDT time. It's "packaging". Did you opt for rush processing?

It's certainly possible, maybe not likely. Mine is coming from the CA warehouse so it's PDT time. It's "packaging". Did you opt for rush processing?

Nah, skipped that. I had no idea what it was, and the description sounded like it would only affect orders placed before 12 PM PDT.

Oh well, I just hope the delivery is early in the day whenever it does arrive, so I don't go completely insane playing the waiting game at home.

will Best Buy ever get the 980/970 cards?...I see they have the 780 Ti and vanilla 780's but none of the new cards

Ugh, Newegg never auto-notified me that the MSI 970 was back in stock. Thankfully I read this thread.

Same here.

I've never use their auto-notification feature before, does it usually work for people?

It's too slow. It's not real time, so either by the time I get the notification it's sold out, or I never get the notification at all, because it sells out before their script notices.

I had to F5 camp my Gigabyte 970 AND my DDR4 for this build. Never got notified for either.

It's too slow. It's not real time, so either by the time I get the notification it's sold out, or I never get the notification at all, because it sells out before their script notices.

I had to F5 camp my Gigabyte 970 AND my DDR4 for this build. Never got notified for either.
Same here

My MSI card shipped from Newegg too already, wow. Kinda wish I got better shipping.. hoping it gets here this week and not next, ew.

My tracking numbers says it will be here tomorrow! Yes!

I had a MSI Gaming 970 in my cart at Newegg and decided to hold out for Amazon. Amazon refunded my EVGA 970 less than 4 hours after I dropped it off at UPS so I figured that was worth some more of my business. I'll see if that ends up being a poor decision when/if Amazon ships!

Last edited:
Ew mine updated and says Monday for scheduled delivery.. Damn, I should have spent $2 extra on 3 day shipping at least. Damn :(

Yeah I paid for two day shipping one time with New Egg it got here in 3 days don't waste your money on it.

Are the new cards hard to find like Titan / 780 / 780Ti were? Just curious, I haven't been following availability.

Finally got the ship notice on my 980 SC last night... says it will be here today. But now that I've learned that my full cover waterblock for my GTX 670 is compatible with some of the 970 cards, I'm having second thoughts on going with the 980... go figure!

Finally got the ship notice on my 980 SC last night... says it will be here today. But now that I've learned that my full cover waterblock for my GTX 670 is compatible with some of the 970 cards, I'm having second thoughts on going with the 980... go figure!

I've read the 980 likely has better VRMs than the 970. Plus if I was going through the hassle of WC I would spend the extra $200 for the best card.

yeah but do you get a warranty? didn't they abandon north america?

I am not sure, but I assume they do since they transitioned to a new brand.

Also for people who have been to frys, do they have any 970/980s besides evga?

Anyone know when it is most likely newegg will get more gtx 970 in?

It's impossible to say, but I can say that I've been seeing them update various 970s at random times each day since launch.

My recommendation would be to open up the product page for each 970 that you are interested in. Refresh them every 10-15 minutes or so. Searching for gtx 970 and refreshing the search page isn't good enough either, that doesn't get updated right away.

I don't trust the auto-notify that newegg uses. I was able to order my gigabyte 970 yesterday and I never got a stock notification. Your best bet is to just refresh all the time.

Which one are you interested in?

PS there is also: http://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx970/

but it is slow. direct refresh is your best option.

can I just say I used my 980 last night and it is glorious. Do yourselves a favor and SWOOP.

MSI 970s in stock at Newegg
PNY with 680-style cooler is available, too. Just for clarification, it is the much sought-after MSi GAMING 4G that is currently in stock. And that page is taking forever to load right now... so go get 'em while you have the chance.

Last edited:
Back