Nvidia 980/970 Availability Thread

Ordered from Newegg yesterday at 4:01 PM, GTX 970 is being delivered to Maine today. I selected Overnight w/o Rush Processing though, with my finger crossed they would box it up faster. Figured this was worth a shot instead of playing roulette with how long it would take Newegg to package and ship the GPU.

Sucks that is cost an extra $10 in shipping. Worth the $10 so I would get the card before the weekend even if there was a packing delay.
I selected overnight w/o rush shipping as well, and got my order completed at 15:41 on Wednesday. But it didn't ship until yesterday... Thankfully I'll still get them today, before the weekend.

Just ordered 2 blower style 970s (EVGA) from newegg (in stock right now). Can't freaking wait any longer. Don't care about big daddy maxwell anymore, nothing can beat this value.

Just ordered 2 blower style 970s (EVGA) from newegg (in stock right now). Can't freaking wait any longer. Don't care about big daddy maxwell anymore, nothing can beat this value.

Well you could get a card that isn't using that crappy GTX 460 heatsink...

yeah i know i rushed to purchase them, i cancelled the order already, but i'd prefer reference cards over custom blowers for sli. only problem - nobody is making them, at least not good ones. so my option is 980s or wait that something else maybe shows up. My biggest problem is that i have a hard time waiting any longer.

I selected overnight w/o rush shipping as well, and got my order completed at 15:41 on Wednesday. But it didn't ship until yesterday... Thankfully I'll still get them today, before the weekend.
FUUUUUU!!!
http://www.fedex.com/us/servicealerts/?cmp=EMC-1002168-1-1-200-1111110-GLBL-US-EN-SRDISRUPT092614

FedEx Express National Service Disruption said:
Last updated September 26, 2014

FedEx experienced significant power outages last night at the FedEx Express Memphis Hub that affected our sort operations. We immediately implemented contingency plans to minimize the impact to our customers. We regret any inconvenience this has caused. Consistent with the provisions of the FedEx Service Guide, the money-back guarantee is not in effect for FedEx Express packages due for delivery on September 26, 2014.

Please continue to check FedEx Service Alerts for updates.

Continue to check the status of your shipments on fedex.com before going to any staffed FedEx location. You can also contact FedEx Customer Service at 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 or stay up to date by subscribing to service disruption email notifications at the FedEx Email Subscription Center.
My cards have been stuck in Memphis since 8:00 this morning and the status hasn't changed since then... :mad:

Managed to grab an ASUS while it was available...would have much rather purchased from Amazon as I would have been able to get it tomorrow, but hey, at least the Wife said "yes"

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...ffiliateID=lw9MynSeamY-Pi_Kkhzu9_rpMS7hGvXlWA

http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/...ffiliateID=lw9MynSeamY-u7oKcdRJI0caXfWFf9OUjQ

tigerdirect has the msi 970 oc gaming. use 15 off coupon. no tax in CA and shoprunner eligible. Hot deal.

I got my card from neweggbusiness yesterday and it easily hits 1500 mhz core clock while staying super cool. it like refuses to get over 70c!

Been trying to grab it all day. It shows up in the search but when I add to cart it says that it's unavailable.

Well you could get a card that isn't using that crappy GTX 460 heatsink...

Well the blower cards might be a good candidate for immediate water cooling. Only the short cards will work with 670 GTX waterblocks, although even that isn't guaranteed. I'll find out next week ;p.

The best bet for watercooling is probably the Asus card since according to EK there is one in production that should be ready in 4 weeks.

The MSI 970 Gaming seems tops for those not interested in water cooling.

Why is this card almost $100 over msrp? A cooler adds that much?
Yes? It has been getting good reviews and overclocks really well. I am no expert, but this seems like the one to get if you have the cash.

I ordered the Evga GTX 980 from Tigerdirect and my order will be fulfilled by a 3rd party. I'm hoping this isn't going to end up being a nightmare..

I ordered 3 with 'overnight' shipping yesterday. TigerDirect is a nightmare to deal with, and this will be my last time dealing with them.

The product page for the EVGA 980GTX says ships within 24 hours, overnight and 2nd day orders placed before 5pm EST will be shipped same day.

A TigerDirect representative informed me that it takes about 3-5 business days for the drop shipper to ship out the card(s). So I paid overnight shipping to receive my items over a week later. Naturally, the order has already been passed to the warehouse, so there is nothing they can do to cancel it...

Why the fuck do they have overnight shipping as an option, then? I'm glad I passed on Tigerdirect, I was wary of ordering from them when I saw that the EVGA 980 stocking status hasn't changed one bit on nowinstock.net.

edit: And now it goes out of stock!

Just got these from the Egg ( I will add a 3rd once my new Mobo/CPU get here, waiting on a case )

Sales Order Date: 9/26/2014 7:14:33 PM
Shipping Method: Newegg 2Day

2 x ($629.99) GIGABYTE GV-N980G1 GAMING-4GD GTX 980 4GB 256-Bit $1,259.98
1 x (($2.99)) DISCOUNT FOR PREFERRED ACCOUNT($2.99)
Subtotal: $1,256.99
Tax: $0.00
Shipping and Handling: $24.36
Rush Order: $2.99
Total Amount: $1,284.34

How long does it take Directron to ship?

Well, I am about to find out. :) But, I used them in 2010 and ordered on a Friday night, The item shipped on Monday morning according to my email history. Also, I used the USPS priority method for shipping. I am hopeful to see my cards by mid to end of next week.

I think I ordered from them circa-2008ish so I can't remember what they were like. I'll probably snag the Zotac 980 from them so I can stop F5ing Newegg & Amazon, since they seem to never keep stock of much for long.

I think I ordered from them circa-2008ish so I can't remember what they were like. I'll probably snag the Zotac 980 from them so I can stop F5ing Newegg & Amazon, since they seem to never keep stock of much for long.

lol... yeah I was getting sick of that also.. I was thinking dual 980s but I want to connect my 3 displays via DVI only.. and for that price.. wow.. I got two cards for almost the price of one 980! in a perfect world I would have gone with the MSI gaming 970 but those are soooo oos all over... Zotac is a decent smallish company with a good rep... cards have a 5 year warr.. hopefully the TDP of these vanilla 970s won't hold them back too much.

How long does it take Directron to ship?

Does it matter when these cards are so scarce? Hesitate and they'll probably get sold out, especially once the filthy slickdeals masses get their paws on it (which they already have).

Touche - If I had bought the first 980 I hesitated on I would already have it in my machine. Was hemming and hawing over what brand to get and they all sold out. Fuck it.

edit: Order submitted for the Zotac 980 from Directron. With the coupon it came the total cost including 2nd air was less than MSRP.

Last edited:
I've had solid dealings with directron

Muuuuuch more reliable over tigerdirect

For those living in the Bay Area, Central Computers has some EVGA 980 (both regular and SC) in stock. They also have very limited quantities of EVGA and Zotac 970 but those sell like hotcakes according to the staff.

Good call... I forgot about them. The I bought my 920 cpu on day one or two from the one on Howard St. I checked Fry's in Fremont this morning and nothing... It's too bad Micro Center had to pull it's brick and mortar operation out of Santa Clara.. I used to shop there a lot - that was a great store.

Hmm, not feeling too excited about my Directron order. Not very happy that they already charged my credit card yet haven't shipped the order out yet. I checked my order status online and it said "call us" (I didn't even get an email about this) and apparently they are verifying my credit card is valid. The customer service gentleman didn't seem to understand some of my concerns, but said the accountant would verify today and they should ship today. Real bummer because Newegg now has the card in stock.

edit: literally just after I submitted this they called and verifed some information and confirmed it will be shipped today. So crisis averted haha.

they called me to have me fill out a verification form because I used PP and checked out as a guest. The guy said the truck with the cards is coming today and they would ship them asap. I am guessing that means tomorrow. When I email my form back from home I will ask what the status is again.

Hmm, not feeling too excited about my Directron order. Not very happy that they already charged my credit card yet haven't shipped the order out yet. I checked my order status online and it said "call us" (I didn't even get an email about this) and apparently they are verifying my credit card is valid. The customer service gentleman didn't seem to understand some of my concerns, but said the accountant would verify today and they should ship today. Real bummer because Newegg now has the card in stock.

edit: literally just after I submitted this they called and verifed some information and confirmed it will be shipped today. So crisis averted haha.

Directron is fine, they're located like 15-20 minutes from where I live.

Yeah - they are not going to cheat you or anything, but it's not like ordering with amazon / newegg and getting stuff shipped out fast... I bet the cards ship tomorrow.

Back