Just sell it and buy the Switch Pro bundle that will probably launch with the game.
I'm dumb enough, and have enough discretionary income to do this. However, the PS5 launch has me completely jaded. I suspect a switch 2 launch will be a complete mess of bots and resellers, and it's just not worth the effort anymore to snag a release day unit. The PS5 fiasco has me jaded on the whole thing. I can go to my local dealership that i've bought many cars from, and if a limited edition vehicle is coming, i have a chance at getting one. With consoles there's no reward, it's whomever has the fastest bot.

I'm dumb enough, and have enough discretionary income to do this. However, the PS5 launch has me completely jaded. I suspect a switch 2 launch will be a complete mess of bots and resellers, and it's just not worth the effort anymore to snag a release day unit. The PS5 fiasco has me jaded on the whole thing. I can go to my local dealership that i've bought many cars from, and if a limited edition vehicle is coming, i have a chance at getting one. With consoles there's no reward, it's whomever has the fastest bot.
Fair enough. I'll be fine waiting a year or whatever to play it on the new Switch if that's what it takes though. BotW was great for me, but not so great that I'll have to play it day 1 on the old console. Was the same deal for me on the previous Zelda's that launched on their incoming and outgoing console.

Fair enough. I'll be fine waiting a year or whatever to play it on the new Switch if that's what it takes though. BotW was great for me, but not so great that I'll have to play it day 1 on the old console. Was the same deal for me on the previous Zelda's that launched on their incoming and outgoing console.

Twilight princess?

Can I gripe for a moment? I haven't used my Switch in what seems like months if not longer, and so I turned it on last night in bed since I wasn't sleepy yet. I go to the Nintendo Switch store to see if there are any deals and HOLY SHIT... has the Nintendo Store always been this freaking slow? I moved closer to the router to make sure I wasn't imaging this, and the store is so freaking slow that it's embarrassing especially when you get to the bottom of the currently loaded list and you have to wait for the next couple items to load for at least 5-10 seconds. I felt like I was back on a dial-up modem again.

Can I gripe for a moment? I haven't used my Switch in what seems like months if not longer, and so I turned it on last night in bed since I wasn't sleepy yet. I go to the Nintendo Switch store to see if there are any deals and HOLY SHIT... has the Nintendo Store always been this freaking slow? I moved closer to the router to make sure I wasn't imaging this, and the store is so freaking slow that it's embarrassing especially when you get to the bottom of the currently loaded list and you have to wait for the next couple items to load for at least 5-10 seconds. I felt like I was back on a dial-up modem again.
Do you have the latest Switch system update?

Same.

Completely the same, turned it on yesterday to update it for my upcoming trip, like i couldn't even scroll it was so bad. I figured it was my wifi.

New Mario Kart 8 tracks are finally out this morning. They seem solid, although I wouldn't call them amazing. One thing I've noticed that's unrelated to the tracks themselves is a higher likelihood of getting bombs in first place. I kinda like that. There's a tradeoff in easier blocking shells vs. an opportunity to cause serious problems for people behind you. You can still stop shells and whatnot with a bomb, but it's risky. If you mistime it, you're screwed.

Any cool games i should pick up for my trip next week? Was planning on just playing SNES crap, haven't played anything on my switch since Hades launched.

Any cool games i should pick up for my trip next week? Was planning on just playing SNES crap, haven't played anything on my switch since Hades launched.
I picked up Triangle Strategy for mine and have played some of it. Gives me the SNES RPG vibe. Kids have been enjoying the Kirby game that came out earlier this year.

I picked up Triangle Strategy for mine and have played some of it. Gives me the SNES RPG vibe. Kids have been enjoying the Kirby game that came out earlier this year.
Loved Triangle Strategy.

But holy fuck is it a slow burn. The plot is utterly glacial at the start and the writing is pretty verbose.

Finally dusted off my switch for Xenoblade Chronicles 3. It has the same problems as the 2nd one. The world is to damn big and find myself wondering off where I shouldn't be at that point. I am level 52 and the story quest I am in are for level 27 lol.

Cult of the Lamb is pretty great. Unfortunately it's buggy and has performance issues on the Switch. Hopefully they'll fix soon.

Just about everything not basic 2D indy stuff has performance issues on the switch.
It's basically a sprite-based isometric game, really shouldn't be that demanding. I think it just has some optimization problems and bugs.

Just about everything not basic 2D indy stuff has performance issues on the switch.

I wouldn't say that. What I would say, is that any developer that uses a half-assed approach to coding or porting for it, is going to have performance issues whether 2D or 3D.

Nintendo and id Software seem to have no problem making beautiful games that run either amazingly well, or at least well enough to be enjoyable on it. (I think Doom Eternal may have been pushing it a little, but the fact that it runs at all on there and playably is interesting.) Mario Kart runs great, and while it's not the most complex game in the world, it looks beautiful and runs great. Plenty of good 2D games run great on it, and plenty of 2D games that weren't well-written or ported run like crap.

So, pretty much the same as any other system. It's not the switch, it's the dev, and choice of game. Some games just shouldn't be ported to a system that doesn't have the hardware in place to run them. Some games should be ported or written carefully to take advantage of whats there, and leave out some things that obviously won't work well on it.

And, lastly, we need a new Switch version. Pro, Switch 2, whatever you want to call it. Give it Steam Deck (ish) specs give or take a bit, and everything will be great.

IMO the current Switch is still the best SUPPLEMENTAL console to accompany a PC or other High End console. Just pick the right game for the right system, and don't try to play things that are obviously shoe-horned and shoveled in with no regard for the hardware.

I have a PS5, my computer is running a damn RTX 3080 12GB, and an absolutely beautiful 75inch 4k HDR TV.

And yet I've been playing my switch the most, by far, the past few months.

*Goes back to Xenoblade III*

I wouldn't say that. What I would say, is that any developer that uses a half-assed approach to coding or porting for it, is going to have performance issues whether 2D or 3D.

Nintendo and id Software seem to have no problem making beautiful games that run either amazingly well, or at least well enough to be enjoyable on it. (I think Doom Eternal may have been pushing it a little, but the fact that it runs at all on there and playably is interesting.) Mario Kart runs great, and while it's not the most complex game in the world, it looks beautiful and runs great. Plenty of good 2D games run great on it, and plenty of 2D games that weren't well-written or ported run like crap.

So, pretty much the same as any other system. It's not the switch, it's the dev, and choice of game. Some games just shouldn't be ported to a system that doesn't have the hardware in place to run them. Some games should be ported or written carefully to take advantage of whats there, and leave out some things that obviously won't work well on it.

And, lastly, we need a new Switch version. Pro, Switch 2, whatever you want to call it. Give it Steam Deck (ish) specs give or take a bit, and everything will be great.

IMO the current Switch is still the best SUPPLEMENTAL console to accompany a PC or other High End console. Just pick the right game for the right system, and don't try to play things that are obviously shoe-horned and shoveled in with no regard for the hardware.
I seriously doubt the the next switch is going to be as powerful as the steam deck.

I seriously doubt the the next switch is going to be as powerful as the steam deck.
I would be surprised if it isn't at least as powerful as the Deck. Steam Deck runs integrated AMD video, which is REALLY good, but not quite as good as a dedicated, current-gen Ultra-low-power mobile GPU

also, Nvidia is still leading in upscaling algorithms, so I imagine that even if the next Switch is weaker than Deck, it's AI upsampling will allow it to produce better looking images, faster: AMD is doing a LOT to make upsampling great, but the dedicated tensor hardware on newer Tegra chips will always be faster than software.

If it's in the ballpark give or take, it will be just fine as an upgrade. It also doesn't have to deal with a lot of the things that the Steam Deck does, so for the same performance, I doubt it would have to have exactly the same hardware level. I'm not looking for a 4K machine in a Nintendo Switch product. Just something that will play ALL of its games at a proper frame rate, and some enhanced image quality. If we can ditch the 30FPS mark forever, I'm a happy person. :D

If it's in the ballpark give or take, it will be just fine as an upgrade. It also doesn't have to deal with a lot of the things that the Steam Deck does, so for the same performance, I doubt it would have to have exactly the same hardware level. I'm not looking for a 4K machine in a Nintendo Switch product. Just something that will play ALL of its games at a proper frame rate, and some enhanced image quality. If we can ditch the 30FPS mark forever, I'm a happy person. :D
Steam deck probably plays switch games better through emulation then the actual switch.

I didn't have a steam deck long enough to bother with emulation, but I tried a few games that run on both Switch and Steamdeck and Steamdeck was a rock solid 60fps when Switch was an unsteady 30.
The Deck also appeared to be full 720p while the switch was sometimes lower. The Deck was definitely a superior experience. Especially with load times and the screen is nicer. But it's also bigger, heavier, hotter and has worse battery life.

I tried MH Rise, Hades, Slay the Spire and Dead Cells. But I only had a few days to mess around with the deck.

I don't own stuff like Doom on the Switch because I'm very strongly PC M&K only for FPS.

Last edited:
I didn't have a steam deck long enough to bother with emulation, but I tried a few games that run on both Switch and Steamdeck and Steamdeck was a rock solid 60fps when Switch was an unsteady 30.
The Deck also appeared to be full 720p while the switch was sometimes lower. The Deck was definitely a superior experience. Especially with load times and the screen is nicer. But it's also bigger, heavier, hotter and has worse battery life.

I tried MH Rise, Hades, Slay the Spire and Dead Cells. But I only had a few days to mess around with the deck.

I don't own stuff like Doom on the Switch because I'm very strongly PC M&K only for FPS.
Guys the next switch has not been planned yet... Nintendo is gonna beat more out of current hardware.

And i would not be shocked if nintendo went to a zen 4 based apu for the switch 2 cause guys lets be frank here it isnt going to be a switch pro. It is going to be a full new console. And currently competition is steam deck and the clones; gpd win 3, ayn loki, aya neo, aya neo next, ambernic w600.

Last edited:
Guys the next switch has not been planned yet... Nintendo is gonna beat more out of current hardware.

And i would not be shocked if nintendo went to a zen 4 based apu for the switch 2 cause guys lets be frank here it isnt going to be a switch pro. It is going to be a full new console. And currently competition is steam deck and the clones; gpd win 3, ayn loki, aya neo, aya neo next, ambernic w600.
Nintendo's been enjoying the benefits of arm portables since the GBA...that wont change just because AMD is the only option for big semi-custom consoles!

A semi-custom AMD part will mean twice the power consumption of any mainstream ARM SoC while offering nearly identical performance! The Switch's 9w power consumption means they could easily step-up to something closeout Qualcomm with an x1 core in it?

Last edited:
Nintendo's been enjoying the benefits of arm portables since the GBA...that wont change just because AMD is the only option for big semi-custom consoles!

A semi-custom AMD part will mean twice the power consumption of any mainstream ARM SoC while offering nearly identical performance! The Switch's 9w power consumption means they could easily step-up to something closeout Qualcomm with an x1 core in it?
the apu in the steam deck is a 4-15w tdp the switch is around 7w tdp all of the competitors do 4-28w tdp and can run AAA games at decent FPS.... and steam deck battery life is 2-10 hours depending on where in that power envelope you are running it. as for moving to apples to apples comparison the ayn odin has a sd845 in it that is more powerful than the x1 in the switch...

horseshit

https://www.aroged.com/2022/04/20/t...-reduced-by-lowering-the-screen-refresh-rate/

the apu draws up to 25w in modern games, and still 20w when you limit fps to 40. yod have to jump back 15 years to get power below the switch 9w peak portable power usage

https://www.anandtech.com/show/11181/a-look-at-nintendo-switch-power-consumption/2
https://store.steampowered.com/steamdeck#SaleSection_24468 ill highlight the important part also i believe it is hard capped at 15w

AMD APU
CPU: Zen 2 4c/8t, 2.4-3.5GHz (up to 448 GFlops FP32)
GPU: 8 RDNA 2 CUs, 1.0-1.6GHz (up to 1.6 TFlops FP32)
APU power: 4-15W

the clones on the other hand use direct out of the bin parts
switch uses a custom version of the Tegra X1+ a tdp 15w part. it can operate at 4w-15w which was originally made in 2015 and then repurposed in 2017 for the switch the x1 was out of date when nintendo put them in the switch. Not a shock modern chips surpassed it long ago...

here is a listing of the chips all more powerful than the switch that is going in these clone handhelds...
AYN Loki Lineup
loki zero Athlon Silver 3050e tdp 6w
loki mini Intel Alder Lake U Celeron 7305 tdp 12w-55w with base of 15w
loki mini unreleased amd apu likely in the 15w range Mendocino Zen 2 similar to the one actually in the steam deck
loki pro Intel Alder Lake U Pentium 8505 tdp 15w
loki pro Mendocino Zen 2 likely a higher bin part than the mini
Loki MAX AMD Zen 3+ 6800U tdp 15-28w

aya neo lineup
AYANEO NEXT Advance AMD Ryzen 7 5800U tdp 10w-25w default 15w
aya neo next and pro AMD Ryzen 7 5825U tdp 15w

Ambernic win600
Athlon Silver 3020e 6w-15w
Athlon Silver 3050e 6w-15w

GPD

GPD WIN Max 2
Ryzen 7 6800U tdp 15-28w
i7-1260P 28w
GPD win 3
i71195g7 28w

horseshit

https://www.aroged.com/2022/04/20/t...-reduced-by-lowering-the-screen-refresh-rate/

the apu draws up to 25w in modern games, and still 20w when you limit fps to 40. yod have to jump back 15 years to get power below the switch 9w peak portable power usage

https://www.anandtech.com/show/11181/a-look-at-nintendo-switch-power-consumption/2
In the articles you quoted first off. The steam deck testing was done with Windows and Windows drivers for it are in beta at best and just got released....

And the switch article you quoted I think you might want to read it... It says the switch had an average consumption 11w fully charged 16.5w not fully charged btw these numbers are attained by plugging a power draw tester into the charge port so this is corded wattage...

In videos I have seen using the built in fps tracking of the steam deck running Steam os has shown various watt 9-15w.

As for Denuvo lol a paper bag offers more protection it on pc gets cracked it will do nothing but make things hard for switch games with it. When being run legit.

As for Denuvo lol a paper bag offers more protection it on pc gets cracked it will do nothing but make things hard for switch games with it. When being run legit.
It's held for weeks to months on some games on PC. That's enough to get the fomo pirates to buy.

It's held for weeks to months on some games on PC. That's enough to get the fomo pirates to buy.

Yeah only one person seems to be cracking it right now. Some games take months, or even years to get cracked. And you have to recrack the entire game again once a patch comes out. So a game may get cracked in a buggy state but won't get cracked again until all the DLC and patches are released 1-2 years later.

Is it 100% crack proof? No, but it does a good enough job. I am not sure how it will work on Switch though. I know it requires some online connections and that might be a bigger problem for a mobile console.

Back