Nintendo Switch

defaultluser

[H]ardForum Junkie
I have a hackable switch that’s always sat in the dock, and only played 4-5 games on it since purchase,
It’s bately ever been used and the OS hasn’t been updated in a year....

If I’m interested in selling it not updating the OS is seen as a value booster for a prospective buyer who wants to hack it right?
You don't need to hack the OS. The USB firmware is vulnerable no matter the OS. That's one of the reasons for the two new models.

The value may go up, assuming they don't find a new vulnerability, but I doubt it.

Hokies83

Limp Gawd
You don't need to hack the OS. The USB firmware is vulnerable no matter the OS. That's one of the reasons for the two new models.

The value may go up, assuming they don't find a new vulnerability, but I doubt it.
Yeah mine in week 1 of launch, but I’m not interested in hacking it myself, but resale value,
I only play Nintendo for Mario and Zelda,
After I’m done with the newest Zelda I’ll be looking to move it. But is Value $250ish?

T4rd

[H]ard as it Gets
Yeah mine in week 1 of launch, but I’m not interested in hacking it myself, but resale value,
I only play Nintendo for Mario and Zelda,
After I’m done with the newest Zelda I’ll be looking to move it. But is Value $250ish?
I would just check eBay or FS/FT here; it's not going to fetch any more than any other Switch manufactured within the first 2 years of its launch as they're all vulnerable to the same hardware exploit. $250 sounds good for the console and a few accessories and/or games thrown in though. I got mine brand new for $230 back in May on sale, but that's pretty rare for them to go on sale for the console only (usually just get bundle deals), so they hold value pretty well regardless.

blackbeasst

I'm with T4RD!
someone school me on the controllers for this thing before i pick it up at targer today! i see that it comes with a 1 "controller" that has a left and right to it. is that only needed when playing on the pad? if my kids want to play on the tv do each of them get one or how does that work?

scojer

[H]ardness Supreme
someone school me on the controllers for this thing before i pick it up at targer today! i see that it comes with a 1 "controller" that has a left and right to it. is that only needed when playing on the pad? if my kids want to play on the tv do each of them get one or how does that work?
The "controller" can be split into two tiny controllers for two people to play on the TV or the switch itself, anywhere.

scojer

[H]ardness Supreme
so if i wanted to have 4 people play i just need another L/R combo correct?
Correct!

I know that the pro controllers work too, but I've not used them yet. They're the more traditional looking controllers and are a bit cheaper.

blackbeasst

I'm with T4RD!
Correct!

I know that the pro controllers work too, but I've not used them yet. They're the more traditional looking controllers and are a bit cheaper.
true, but i'd have to buy 2 of those vs just 1 combo of the left/right!

TheSlySyl

Limp Gawd
I'd still reccomend at least getting one pro controller or equivalent. The joycons (split controller) are very uncomfortable.

cybereality

[H]ardness Supreme
Not all games support the split JoyCons for local multiplayer. You have to look on the box to see if they do (most of the party type games will though).