Next Gen Consoles

The use of PCIe 4.0 NVMe would make sense if one of the development priorities is a significant increase in assets, particularly textures. Load times would likely be unaffected, but the ability to fetch assets as or just before they're needed at say ~7GB/s would be something that game developers could use to really up the quality consistently, given that the baseline is static, vs. PCs where it'd be much harder to pull off.

The use of PCIe 4.0 NVMe would make sense if one of the development priorities is a significant increase in assets, particularly textures. Load times would likely be unaffected, but the ability to fetch assets as or just before they're needed at say ~7GB/s would be something that game developers could use to really up the quality consistently, given that the baseline is static, vs. PCs where it'd be much harder to pull off.

Load times actually would improve if things aren't being pre-loaded into RAM. Cutscenes are used a *lot* these days to hide area transitions, as they make good opportunities to pre-load the next area. Your still bound by how much you can cram into RAM/VRAM though.

Pretty much. You can't even buy a 1080p TV these days. And 4K ones are dirt cheap. It's not like they're unattainable by the average person.

This is missing a good bit though. Most people do not upgrade religiously to new technology all the time, people who do (and who are on sites like this) are a minority. Things generally have to be an upgrade in more than one way, better specs don't really matter. DVD was a real upgrade from VHS because a disk was just easier than a tape. itunes is shitier quality than a CD but it's better because it's easier. HDTV wasn't about better images it was about them being skinny and people being able to hang them on the wall. Stuff like bluray or 4k may be better, but it's bullshit nonsense to the vast majority of people as it's not adding an easy factor. People tend to sit on their stuff for a bit, especially for "families" where the consoles are bought.

I'd also wager anyone who takes consoles seriously enough to upgrade for a console probably has a console monitor anyways.

Years ago AMD hyped a SSD tech for pro use that used a high-speed drive for massive texture loading or such. I wonder if there is some sort of advancement in these regards. Maybe lower GPU memory to save money while being supplemented by the PCIe 4.0 drive.
I think this is what both Sony and Microsoft have been talking about; using the SSD for extended memory.
This is missing a good bit though. Most people do not upgrade religiously to new technology all the time, people who do (and who are on sites like this) are a minority. Things generally have to be an upgrade in more than one way, better specs don't really matter. DVD was a real upgrade from VHS because a disk was just easier than a tape. itunes is shitier quality than a CD but it's better because it's easier. HDTV wasn't about better images it was about them being skinny and people being able to hang them on the wall. Stuff like bluray or 4k may be better, but it's bullshit nonsense to the vast majority of people as it's not adding an easy factor. People tend to sit on their stuff for a bit, especially for "families" where the consoles are bought.

I'd also wager anyone who takes consoles seriously enough to upgrade for a console probably has a console monitor anyways.
Yes, that 240 Hz monitor is going to do great for a 60 Hz game running at 30 FPS :rolleyes:.

MS been always buying developers and have nothing to show for it. It is nothing new. They are just like EA.

Microsoft is not "always buying developers". Prior to the latest buying craze they hadn't bought a new studio in over a decade (at least that I can recall). As for "nothing to show". No shit. You expect new games to appear like magic just because the studios were bought? Not only did a lot of them have projects already in the works when they were bought, but its obvious MS was buying them to bolster their first party lineup for next generation so they're not going to have them rush out shit for current gen.

Look into Phil Spencer's former boss Terry Myerson. He was the Executive Vice President over the Devices and Operating Systems Group and reported directly to Steve Ballmer and later to Stya Nadella. This guy wasn't a big fan of the Xbox division he was over. But after Don Mattrick pooped the bed during the launch of the Xbox One he was put in charge of that division. While Phil Spencer became the "head of Xbox" it seems Terry was the one holding the purse and would keep game budgets low to reallocate funds to other areas. He also seems to be the one that made a mess of the windows store. He was far more interested in the mobile market and helped structure the deal with Nokia. Basically anything this guy touched was doomed to fail. He wouldn't allow the Xbox brand to make any accusations. And not only that, but he was the one in charge of closing what little they had. Like Lionhead for example.

After Satya Nadella took over as CEO one of the first things he did was buy Mojang (Mindcraft) for 2.5billion. He later promoted Phil and ditched Terry and most things seem to be moving in the right direction again within the Xbox Division. Phil is an actual gamer that cares about the quality of the content. Since fully taking over the Xbox brand they have launched the Xbox One X, added backwards compatibility, Game Pass, and has completely changed the direction of the brand to a far more consumer friendly one. He also has purchased (or opened) at least 9 game studios. It sounds like there are still some in the works as well.

So no, Microsoft is nothing like EA. They hadn't really bought anyone in quite some time. They went through a real penny pinching with some miss management and closed studios and canceled a lot of projects. What few were green lit were done so with botched budgets and moving goal posts. A lot of projects were started with Don Mattrick in charge with the emphasis on the Kinect. Remember that was the future of gaming at the time. (sigh) Then Phil takes over and to save the brand he has to kill the Kinect and lower the price of the console. So those Kinect games get canned and resources to change courses dries up because Terry wanted to fund different projects outside of the Xbox brand. Phil takes over and opens up the Microsoft coffers and starts rebuilding the Game Studios side of the brand.

Most of the "new" studios already have projects in the works. Like Obsidian with The Outer Worlds and Grounded and some other bigger project that Xbox is helping to fund. The Initiative was opened from the ground up with an all star cast of devs that have had success in the AAA gaming realm before. From the sounds of Phil's Twitter feed it sounds like there might be something coming from Japan and possibly Poland.

Not saying bad management is a good excuse or justifying how poor this generation has been up until recently. Just showing the series of unfortunate events and where they are currently on the Xbox side.

Sony on the other hand has pretty much knocked it out of the park this generation. They came out strong from the start and held their momentum. While I haven't been super excited over what they have shown lately, they have at least done a very good job of delivering this generation. It will be interesting to see Jim Ryan's vision for the PlayStation platform going forward. But so far they haven't done anything to move the needle in either direction for me just yet.

Last edited:

I think the idea is to open the bandwidth up where devs have seen bottlenecks in the past. One of the current bottlenecks is for sure the HDD they currently use. They want to get the move everything quicker and get everything closer to the APU. We're looking at a far more powerful CPU that with the new GPU architecture should allow for far more efficient operations. So being able to feed the APU quicker becomes a priority with super fast ram that needs to access super fast storage. Being able to use the SSD as virtual ram just adds more bandwidth for all those reasons you listed. We're talking higher resolutions, better textures, more particle effects, more assets, more destructible assets, larger game worlds, and yes faster load times.

Just the idea of going from speeds of like 60MB/s we have currently to something like 3700MB/s or as some rumors say up to 7GB/s this should be a very nice upgrade compared to what we have currently on this consoles. Let's just say everything else were to be equal... That alone would be a major upgrade for load times. Now, swap in a MUCH better CPU and a more efficient GPU and open up the flood gates with memory and cache.... Things are looking bright for this next generation.

backwards compatibility across the board may lure me in.

I had a xbox console and a xbox 360 console. I didn't buy the Xbox one series - but if my old games work (I still have a LOT of them) on the new series X that's a big boon.

https://www.gamesradar.com/xbox-series-x-backwards-compatibility/

Yeah, that's one of the few things I really like on the MS side; they really emphasize BC all the way back to their original console and in some cases they patch them for 4K support and improve their performance as well. It's one of the few key advantages the platform has that Sony could easily overcome if they wanted to.

I'm guessing since Sony has only committed to PS4 compatibility, which honestly I thought was already a given before they announced it since the consoles are on x86 architecture now, that the PS5 will not be BC with the PS1/2/3 consoles because they haven't explicitly said so yet. But there's no reason why they can't emulate previous consoles at this point too, so it's somewhat baffling as to why other than to want to sell their old games to you again, which conflicts with them already giving us PS4 BC.

It also always annoyed me that they couldn't at least put PS1/PS2 emulation on the PS4 as well given that it's definitely powerful enough to emulate those consoles. If they want to make money off of it, I'm sure they could easily get away with charging for it by rolling BC features into PS Plus and/or Now (honestly I would prolly pay for it then, I already sub to PS Plus anyways).

. It will more likely use QLC flash tho with 1tb storage. The PS5 probably have the same thing.

From Lets Go Digital

https://en.letsgodigital.org/game-consoles/sony-playstation-5-ps5-ssd/
Various tech insiders suggested that the PS5 console will use NVMe SSD storage from Samsung
If we have to put our money on it, we think that PlayStation 5 will opt for the cheapest possible option – namely the 980 QVO

From playstation Lifestyle

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2020/02/05/ps5-ssd-samsung-nvme-ssd-980-qvo/amp/
Samsung NVMe SSD 980 QVO won’t run any cheaper than $149.99 for a 1 TB drive

A Phison controller NVMe isn't too surprising.bit is cheap and fast compared to the competition. It will more likely use QLC flash tho with 1tb storage. The PS5 probably have the same thing.

From Gaming Bolt

https://gamingbolt.com/what-does-an-nvme-gen4-ssd-mean-for-the-xbox-series-x
What Microsoft will likely use are 3D NAND-based SSDs with transfer rates of up to 5000 MB/s. The default size should be 1TB.

If cost becomes a major hurdle, a hybrid solution with a 500GB SSD and a 2-3TB HDD is also possible. This could utilise something similar to AMD’s StoreMi technology, combining fast and slow storage into a single logical drive

Yeah, that's one of the few things I really like on the MS side; they really emphasize BC all the way back to their original console and in some cases they patch them for 4K support and improve their performance as well. It's one of the few key advantages the platform has that Sony could easily overcome if they wanted to.

I'm guessing since Sony has only committed to PS4 compatibility, which honestly I thought was already a given before they announced it since the consoles are on x86 architecture now, that the PS5 will not be BC with the PS1/2/3 consoles because they haven't explicitly said so yet. But there's no reason why they can't emulate previous consoles at this point too, so it's somewhat baffling as to why other than to want to sell their old games to you again, which conflicts with them already giving us PS4 BC.

It also always annoyed me that they couldn't at least put PS1/PS2 emulation on the PS4 as well given that it's definitely powerful enough to emulate those consoles. If they want to make money off of it, I'm sure they could easily get away with charging for it by rolling BC features into PS Plus and/or Now (honestly I would prolly pay for it then, I already sub to PS Plus anyways).
No official comment on the PS5 yet, but there are supposed leaks among REEEEEsetERA and 4chan that the PS5 is also going to have full up and down backward compatibility.

Honestly who really cares about backward capability of PS1, 2 and even 3 games? Not the younger gamers that probably make up the majority of the market. They just want the next CoD game or Madden. Only reason Sony is doing cause it is something MS is pushing big time. For me I might pop in a older game and play it for a hour then never touch it again for years. Mostly because going back to those old games is tough. Early 3D based games have ages poorly and just not fun to play anymore.

Honestly who really cares about backward capability of PS1, 2 and even 3 games? Not the younger gamers that probably make up the majority of the market. They just want the next CoD game or Madden. Only reason Sony is doing cause it is something MS is pushing big time. For me I might pop in a older game and play it for a hour then never touch it again for years. Mostly because going back to those old games is tough. Early 3D based games have ages poorly and just not fun to play anymore.

Yeah, I disagree. I want to play my older games that are locked to those consoles like the whole MGS series, Gran Turismos, Silent Hills, etc. IGN referenced a poll recently somewhere that BC is one of the top favorite features of the next Xbone as well.

Last edited:
Yeah, I disagree. I want to play my older games that are locked to those consoles like the whole MGS series, Gran Turismos, Silent Hills, etc. IGN referenced a poll don't recently somewhere that BC is one of the top favorite features of the next Xbone as well.
No doubt people want it but the thing is how many that say they do even use it. Don't get me wrong. I am not against it having. The more features the better. Especially something that really doesn't add to the cost of a system.

I think a lot of people care. To be clear, I think a lot more people care about backwards compatibility than will actually use it. Kind of like how there was probably a huge number of people who cared that MS tried to restrict used game sales with the Xbox One, and then proceeded to only buy digital games anyways. Or when Sony removed Other OS support from PS3, a feature that I'm sure very people used, but it ended up a class action lawsuit and you can bet a lot of people who never touched the feature got in on the action. I think many people don't really care what they can do, they just take issue when they are specifically told what they cannot do. When it comes to BC, I think people take comfort knowing that any older games they have, they can revisit at any time without having to hang onto their old console. They may never actually go back and replay them, but it's a positive feature knowing they can.

In the case of Sony and MS, BC is going to become a bigger money maker than it's ever been. It makes people more comfortable buying a new console knowing they can get rid of their old one and keep their games. It also lets them brag to potential new customers about how big their library is. Always been an Xbox customer? Maybe you'll be swayed into buying a PS5 when there are five generations worth of exclusives you've missed that can all be played on one console? In an increasingly digital market, it also opens up a new revenue stream that didn't really exist in previous generations. Prior to this generation, BC didn't bring in new software sales. With digital download focused consoles, they now have the opportunity to re-release their back catalog at very little cost. Putting up old games digitally at $5-$20 is a great way to bring in revenue from games that have long since stopped making money. Microsoft anticipated this a lot better than Sony, they have already made a significant number of their backwards compatible titles available digitally. They have even enhanced some to run at native 4K on the X (RDR1, Fable, Ninja Gaiden, a few Splinter Cells... probably more. I rebought RDR1 just to play in 4K, it looks great for such an old game as was a real treat to replay. Fable will be next). I do think Sony is copying MS with the BC push, but I don't think it's just a "me too" thing. I think they see MS making money off their back catalog and they want a piece of that pie.

Last edited:
Physical games are covered well it sound like. What about games I bought digitally on the xbox 360. I’m assuming I’d still own the title from the digital store and can just redownload for free? Or do I have to rebuy the title on xbox series X?

Ironically — this conversation — I fired up my old Xbox 360 console last night and thought I’d introduce my kids to the old Fuzion Frenzy game on Xbox. The disk wouldn’t recognize. I think my ROM drive might be failing. It would only intermittently read a Perfectly scratch-less ROM disk. so because I already had that intent I logged into live and bought Fusion Frenzy for $10 on xbox live digital downloads. We played it and the kids enjoyed it. I wouldn’t suspect very many people are still buying from the Xbox 360 store. I wonder if I will have to rebuy that same digital download on Xbox Series X if I want to play Fusion Frenzy?

Last edited:
A few years back on PS4 Sony had a category called PS2 on PS4 (or something similar to that name) and it was just that. PS2 games given a spit shine to run at 1080p and have some generic trophies.
Frankly it was great in my opinion. Then the category disappeared, despite some PS2 games still getting that treatment, now I don’t even know. I think Sony is leaning hard into their PSNow service which does have PS2/3 titles.....for streaming....which is less than ideal and misses the mark. Some(or all?) PS4 titles can be downloaded or streamed.
(Semi edit, I was wrong it appears PS2 games can also be downloaded. There’s only like 20 on the service total though. )

Basically though Sony’s BC answer is to offer this streaming service. Which falters in comparison to Xbox Game Pass (actually being able to download everything) but they do have an answer of sorts.

A few years back on PS4 Sony had a category called PS2 on PS4 (or something similar to that name) and it was just that. PS2 games given a spit shine to run at 1080p and have some generic trophies.
Frankly it was great in my opinion. Then the category disappeared, despite some PS2 games still getting that treatment, now I don’t even know. I think Sony is leaning hard into their PSNow service which does have PS2/3 titles.....for streaming....which is less than ideal and misses the mark. Some(or all?) PS4 titles can be downloaded or streamed.
(Semi edit, I was wrong it appears PS2 games can also be downloaded. There’s only like 20 on the service total though. )

Basically though Sony’s BC answer is to offer this streaming service. Which falters in comparison to Xbox Game Pass (actually being able to download everything) but they do have an answer of sorts.

They're still on the PSN store. But there's really only a handful of decent titles available. The only one I have is RE Code Veronica.

Physical games are covered well it sound like. What about games I bought digitally on the xbox 360. I’m assuming I’d still own the title from the digital store and can just redownload for free? Or do I have to rebuy the title on xbox series X?

Ironically — this conversation — I fired up my old Xbox 360 console last night and thought I’d introduce my kids to the old Fuzion Frenzy game on Xbox. The disk wouldn’t recognize. I think my ROM drive might be failing. It would only intermittently read a Perfectly scratch-less ROM disk. so because I already had that intent I logged into live and bought Fusion Frenzy for $10 on xbox live digital downloads. We played it and the kids enjoyed it. I wouldn’t suspect very many people are still biyijg from the Xbox 360 store. I wonder if I will have to rebuy that same digital download on Xbox Series X if I want to play Fusion Frenzy?

While they haven't said anything officially, I think you can be extremely certain that any digital goods you own now will work on the new consoles. That's kinda the point of BC. If either Sony or MS allowed disk games to work for free but made people rebuy digital versions, they would get a shit load of flak for it. I don't see that happening.

They're still on the PSN store. But there's really only a handful of decent titles available. The only one I have is RE Code Veronica.
I knew they were still available it’s just they used to have their own category in the PS4 store and just the category got removed.

If you’re down with long action RPGs give a look at Rouge Galaxy. Solid purchase for $15.

Ironically — this conversation — I fired up my old Xbox 360 console last night and thought I’d introduce my kids to the old Fuzion Frenzy game on Xbox. The disk wouldn’t recognize. I think my ROM drive might be failing. It would only intermittently read a Perfectly scratch-less ROM disk. so because I already had that intent I logged into live and bought Fusion Frenzy for $10 on xbox live digital downloads. We played it and the kids enjoyed it. I wouldn’t suspect very many people are still buying from the Xbox 360 store. I wonder if I will have to rebuy that same digital download on Xbox Series X if I want to play Fusion Frenzy?
While they haven't said anything officially, I think you can be extremely certain that any digital goods you own now will work on the new consoles. That's kinda the point of BC. If either Sony or MS allowed disk games to work for free but made people rebuy digital versions, they would get a shit load of flak for it. I don't see that happening.

You guys need to try out an Xbox One X. You can already see where the Series X is headed by playing on one. The backwards compatibility is great. Say you own Fuzion Frenzy digitally. Bam, it's right there in your digital collection waiting to be downloaded. Anything that is currently backwards compatible will show up ready to be downloaded. Rumors suggest that they will be expanding the list with the Series X but the list is already pretty large.

In other news Phil Spencer confirmed that the Series X will be at 12 teraflops this morning. The future for console gaming is looking bright.

You guys need to try out an Xbox One X. You can already see where the Series X is headed by playing on one. The backwards compatibility is great. Say you own Fuzion Frenzy digitally. Bam, it's right there in your digital collection waiting to be downloaded. Anything that is currently backwards compatible will show up ready to be downloaded. Rumors suggest that they will be expanding the list with the Series X but the list is already pretty large.

In other news Phil Spencer confirmed that the Series X will be at 12 teraflops this morning. The future for console gaming is looking bright.
So... like a PC?

So... like a PC?
Yeah, pretty much. One difference is older games do get updated to look and run better on the more powerful hardware. Not that a PC doesn't do that. This is just a little different. So say you have a game like Oblivion on 360 that I believe is native 720p. On the Xbox One X it is upgraded to 4k and gets better textures and colors. It's pretty neat. That was actually why I bought the Xbox One X. I had been trying to play Fallout 3 on my PC and due to the work around I had to do to make it playable, I kept running into issues. So the One X made that game look much better than on 360 and got me into replaying Oblivion as well. Bethesda kinda has some crappy PC issues due to the age of the game.

So the rumors are putting the Series X at $499 and lockhart with 4TFs at $299. It sounds like the lockhart will have similar GPU performance to the Xbox One X but with the much better Ryzen CPU. This seems like a pretty smart strategy.

I am very interested to see what Sony comes up with for pricing and performance as well as what they lean on as their big selling feature. If they can price themselves in the middle at $399 and have some big exclusive titles at lunch that should keep their momentum going pretty strong into this next gen.

So the rumors are putting the Series X at $499 and lockhart with 4TFs at $299. It sounds like the lockhart will have similar GPU performance to the Xbox One X but with the much better Ryzen CPU. This seems like a pretty smart strategy.

I am very interested to see what Sony comes up with for pricing and performance as well as what they lean on as their big selling feature. If they can price themselves in the middle at $399 and have some big exclusive titles at lunch that should keep their momentum going pretty strong into this next gen.

If the XBX releases at $499, then it's almost certain the PS5 will too, given the reports Sony is having trouble keeping costs down.

I'd pay $500 for the PS5.

I'd rather pay $500 for the PS5 than $1,000 for a phone.

I'd even pay $1,000 for the PS5 than $500 for a phone.

I know the Ps5 won't be $1k, but that's a more justifiable price for a game console than a cell phone, which primary purpose would be web browsing, texting, and having all my usage details sold to the highest bidder.

I won't disagree with you there. Phone prices are getting out of hand.

That's what happens with long-term payment plans: The hide the total cost behind monthly payments, allowing prices to be jacked up since customers won't be paying it all at one time.

Happens in politics too: It's easier to budget 10 year concrete that starts to break down after 3-4 years then it is to budget the 20 year variety that lasts 15 before it starts to fail. Even though the second is significantly cheaper over it's lifetime, the first is significantly easier to budget on a per-year basis. So you end up paying more over the long term, due to the inability to take on debt in the short term.

From Lets Go Digital

https://en.letsgodigital.org/game-consoles/sony-playstation-5-ps5-ssd/
Various tech insiders suggested that the PS5 console will use NVMe SSD storage from Samsung
If we have to put our money on it, we think that PlayStation 5 will opt for the cheapest possible option – namely the 980 QVO

From playstation Lifestyle

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2020/02/05/ps5-ssd-samsung-nvme-ssd-980-qvo/amp/
Samsung NVMe SSD 980 QVO won’t run any cheaper than $149.99 for a 1 TB drive

Samsung presentation hints that the manufacturer is making an SSD for Sony's next gen console

https://www.t3.com/news/secret-of-ps5-speedy-loading-times-may-have-been-revealed

I keep hearing rumors that Microsoft will have more to announce next week. I just couldn't get any details on what it would be. Now, I am hearing rumors of the Xbox Series S announcement coming soonish. So there's reason to think we might get Series S news next week. I take most of this stuff with gain of salt.

On the other side, Sony has yet to announce or even hint at an announcement. I'm starting to think this is a smart move on their part. They have nothing to lose by not announcing anything compared to the risk of bad messaging if they announce it wrong. But man, what a lot of fans would do for even a hint of news at this point.
Sony.JPG

I keep hearing rumors that Microsoft will have more to announce next week. I just couldn't get any details on what it would be. Now, I am hearing rumors of the Xbox Series S announcement coming soonish. So there's reason to think we might get Series S news next week. I take most of this stuff with gain of salt.

On the other side, Sony has yet to announce or even hint at an announcement. I'm starting to think this is a smart move on their part. They have nothing to lose by not announcing anything compared to the risk of bad messaging if they announce it wrong. But man, what a lot of fans would do for even a hint of news at this point. View attachment 227947
I hadn't heard anything about this month for the Xbox. What I heard was that there was an event in April that is to be the official reveal event. I've heard murmurs about a reveal of the PS5 in May. The Xbox One was revealed in May, for reference. The PS4 was revealed in February. Seems like this time around each company are trying to wait as long as they can for the other to show their complete hand first.

I'd pay $500 for the PS5.

I'd rather pay $500 for the PS5 than $1,000 for a phone.

I'd even pay $1,000 for the PS5 than $500 for a phone.

I know the Ps5 won't be $1k, but that's a more justifiable price for a game console than a cell phone, which primary purpose would be web browsing, texting, and having all my usage details sold to the highest bidder.

Lol, almost no one would pay $1000 for a console over a phone. Phones are used everyday, all day. A console, not so much.

I hadn't heard anything about this month for the Xbox. What I heard was that there was an event in April that is to be the official reveal event. I've heard murmurs about a reveal of the PS5 in May. The Xbox One was revealed in May, for reference. The PS4 was revealed in February. Seems like this time around each company are trying to wait as long as they can for the other to show their complete hand first.

There was a tweet on rumored reveal of the rumored Xbox S

DEALER (@Dealer_Gaming) Tweeted:

Hearing that Microsoft will share Lockhart details for the first time, soon.

Should give insight into Xbox’s multi Sku approach to the next generation.

Remember, this console with 4TF Navi GPU & Zen CPU is entry model & overall better than X1-X today. Around $300. #xbox https://t.co/7I8BvurWfP

https://twitter.com/Dealer_Gaming/status/1235510822027186177?s=20

Fwiw, I don't believe in above rumor.

MS wouldn't have locked specs/price for the S.
More likely they may re-use that chip in a gaming laptop/tablet. So they will wait for next gen Ryzen with Navi igpu in either desktop or laptop form

At this point neither company can make significant hardware changes. The only thing both companies are waiting is pricing from each other too adjust. MS seems willing to burn a lot of money to do what it can to win this generation. They going to sell the ne Xbox at a significant loss to undercut. Sony and probably have the more powerful system.

There was a tweet on rumored reveal of the rumored Xbox S

DEALER (@Dealer_Gaming) Tweeted:

https://twitter.com/Dealer_Gaming/status/1235510822027186177?s=20

Fwiw, I don't believe in above rumor.

MS wouldn't have locked specs/price for the S.
More likely they may re-use that chip in a gaming laptop/tablet. So they will wait for next gen Ryzen with Navi igpu in either desktop or laptop form

I know there are things like architectural differences and CPU wise zen should be a lot better then the old jaguar cores but Ifail to see how a 4 TF console would be overall better then a 6 TF one.

I know there are things like architectural differences and CPU wise zen should be a lot better then the old jaguar cores but Ifail to see how a 4 TF console would be overall better then a 6 TF one.
Because RDNA2 in the much newer Navi GPU without the CPU limitations of the Jaguars are more efficient than the GCN GPU in the One X. So while it has less raw power it should still perform the same or better.

Back