New SFF gamers case: presentation and advices

Massive, could you possibly post a side by side picture of the Da Box and the Mini box(whatever it's called?). I really want the case but its expensive to have it shipped to canada.

Massive, could you possibly post a side by side picture of the Da Box and the Mini box(whatever it's called?). I really want the case but its expensive to have it shipped to canada.

Sorry for the crappy folding table, MILF vs MOM:

d6747eed.jpg

7b26f1d1.jpg

962cc028.jpg

Finally got the package, too bad the rest of the stuff except the keyboard and the stuff i already have at home is still not delivered to me and probably will arrive only at monday. Yay, damn waiting game :D.

Massive, I could say that your MOM looks a bit chubby compared to that nice MILF next to her... but that would probably sound wrong ;)

Yeah I am ready to order any day now. I have all the parts to make my full tower to Da Box transition, except I don't have Da Box (did I mention that name really makes it sound like a low quality product :( ). They only have classic in stock and I would much rather go for the all out Blackheart windowed version. Any news of a revision or restocking? I sent an email to lan gear and haven't heard a response.

Btw did i miss something, or the power and reset buttons are preinstalled in my case, contrary to the manual ?

dabox.jpg

Hey guys should I just order this thing already? I haven't gotten a response from my email to lan gear yet about blackheart availability and when they would be ready to ship and that has made me a bit nervous. I don't know why they would have issues restocking their product like this.
Should I pull the trigger on the classic version or go case shopping elsewhere?

Hey guys should I just order this thing already? I haven't gotten a response from my email to lan gear yet about blackheart availability and when they would be ready to ship and that has made me a bit nervous. I don't know why they would have issues restocking their product like this.
Should I pull the trigger on the classic version or go case shopping elsewhere?

The last e-mail I got from Lan Gear (Matt) was on 08/02 - and haven't heard back from them yet. I'd probably wait a few more days and if you don't hear anything - go someplace else.

I am slowly considering requesting my money back, as I've been patiently waiting since 06/22/2010 (date when I placed my order) for the Blackheart with window, but my patience is wearing thin. Especially after reading the European store has over 140 pieces available.

I'm a patient guy, but I don't want to wait indefinitely while all my purchased components haven't even been properly stress tested. Instead of working comfortably on i7-930 with 12GB of RAM I'm slowly processing my work on struggling AMD X2 BE-2300 with 4GB of RAM.

Matt said "
They told me the parts are waiting to get in the machine (I guess they are very busy). So I expect it to be a few more weeks out
" - but that was 18 days ago - don't know how much longer I can wait ...

Not sure when the shipment was sent to Europe, but I'd have expected at least part of the production to stay in the USA, where (I believe) the market and demand is bigger (for now anyway).

Not sure when the shipment was sent to Europe, but I'd have expected at least part of the production to stay in the USA, where (I believe) the market and demand is bigger (for now anyway).

It was imho long time ago, read all that "customs" post in this thread few months ago.

Well, the case has been for sale in the USA for a while now (which is why you could say the demand is bigger there, as it hasn't been available elsewhere before). So it makes sense that when they opened up the EU shop finally, they'd have enough stock for the new area to meet any possible demand.

That's not to say they shouldn't fulfill the orders etc of the USA customers, of course. Or answer queries - mattinv has been posting on the ITX thread, after all, too.

I just got a response from who I assume is matt via email. The Blackheart w/ windows is ~3 weeks out right now but they don't have a precise date from the manufacturer.
I guess I have to suck it up and get a classic because I need the system built before school starts at the end of the month.
Maybe they will off the windowed cover as an accessory in the future.

It's actually interesting that apparently there's no BlackHeart without window available as an option in Europe, while there is in the US. If I were to buy a Da Box, I'd certainly prefer a non-windowed version. And, I'd also prefer BH over Classic.

But, a "BlackHeart" ITX case is where its at ;)

Three weeks more? And that's not even for the windowed version? Bummer!

Now I have the following options:
- wait for the Lian Li PC-V354 (supposedly end of the month)
- order Da Box from Europe (do they even ship it from Europe to the USA ?)
- wait for Da Box to appear in the US Store (heh, most likely several more months)
- get something completely different, which is available now ..

Any suggestions?

Well, if you're getting the new revision of Da Box, it should be worth waiting for. The first run took awhile to get out and I thought that he had sold that run out, but I could be wrong. The LL V3 series are too tall for me. You could always get a cheapie Micro Fly clone for 50 bucks until stock is back in.

Is the classic I just ordered not the revision? It would kinda suck if I bought that and 3 weeks later a newer, better version is released.

not sure when exactly it is coming...work in progress i believe...trying to incorporate our last suggestions...but might take MassiveOverkill's suggestion and get a cheapy case until the new revisions are out..

So a new revision is coming? The slim dvd slot kind of bugs me.
It's not a slim slot.

Anyways, little update on my plans: Due to the removal of my 5.25" bay for Rad room, I lack a drive slot. The solution? I'm going to put a slim Blu-Ray drive between the front panel and the chassis. :D

Other notable features I've decided to add:
-Wireless N receiver
-Wireless 360 controller receiver
-Creative X-Fi
-Physx Card
-Bluetooth receiver

This thing is gonna be cramped. :eek:

It's not a slim slot.
True, but it's also not a full 5.25" cutout - as in, one that would allow using 5.25" accessory panels and such rather than just for a full-size optical drive. I recall the full-size cutout was supposed to be an option based on discussions prior to the official release - I even mentioned this accessory panel thing back then - but I guess that option got left out ;)

True, but it's also not a full 5.25" cutout - as in, one that would allow using 5.25" accessory panels and such rather than just for a full-size optical drive. I recall the full-size cutout was supposed to be an option based on discussions prior to the official release - I even mentioned this accessory panel thing back then - but I guess that option got left out ;)

In US shop it is listed, in EU/FR shop it isn't :
http://www.lan-gear.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=5

It's a separate $50 panel, kinda like how Lian-Li does some optional panels.

Ah, hadn't looked at the US shop that closely... it seems to be $25 actually. But I thought it was supposed to be an option with the case itself - I mean so that you don't have to buy it separately.

Not that I mind much - since as said I'm currently more interested in the ITX case - but it's just something I thought of.

It's not an option because the cases are built en mass with the standard panel, and most people preffer that one I believe.

I'm still waiting on Matt to get me one with no cut-out.

OK, it's the middle of August. Any word on the Da Box Carrying Bag being up for sale?

-Ed

Zurg: Im so looking forward to your build.

However! The latest versions of the physx-drivers don't work with the old dedicated physx-cards. And with 2x 480... I think you have enough power.

Edit: Also... you don't want the wireless controller... Unless you plan on sitting far from the box... don't go there.

Edit: Also... you don't want the wireless controller... Unless you plan on sitting far from the box... don't go there.
Something wrong with it? Been considering it myself, since my Logitech Chillstream's Z-axis is reversed and thus annoying/useless in some games, and I have too damn many cables to deal with as it is.

Well, most often you don't sit that far from your PC. Also, i dont like the weight of the battery.

Well, by that logic wireless mice and keyboards are useless too :) Hehe. I guess it's just personal preference in the end, as usual. For me, if I play with a pad now, it's usually via my TV home theater setup which is in the same room as the PC. Which puts me only a meter, meter and a half away from the case, but still the cord is annoying and gets stuck in things.

Anyway, I guess this goes off topic already.

FINALLY got SLI working....

Liquid is running, Bluetooth and wireless 360 adapter all working. Physx card getting here tomorrow. X-FI getting here in a few weeks (getting the X-FI mod done).

Wireless N gets here today.

All of this is internal, by the way.

What Physx card are you getting? You dont have anymore PCI Express slots do you? Also, PICS please.
I've got a spare open-ended x4, which just so happens to be the recommended for Physx. GT 240, btw. Best single-slot I could pull.

Pics once it's actually finished.... which of course involves getting my top panel back. :mad:

I've got a spare open-ended x4, which just so happens to be the recommended for Physx. GT 240, btw. Best single-slot I could pull.

Pics once it's actually finished.... which of course involves getting my top panel back. :mad:
Nice, but wouldnt a 9800gt be better for physx?

Dang still not back?!

Now I get it... I thought you meant one of the old dedicated physx cards from years back.

Back