New SFF gamers case: presentation and advices

Well I don't think they are dead. Tho I live in Europe aswell.
I noticed a huge price drop on DaBox. The only thing that keeps me away from ordering is the huge shipping price. It's 40 euros for shipping it to Romania, and I'ts outrageous, considering I paid 17euros for SG07 shipping from Germany.

Olivarius posted on a french forum (I used google translate to understand something), that they plan to launch a v2 DaBox somewhere in 2012.

Now that they dropped the price, I might even cross my heart over the insane shipping price and order one DaBox Blackheart (I like classic but i'ts not black painted inside). Only thing that I am afraid is not to recieve a prototype version.

So now he's saying 2012? Sometime? Seems to be something we been hearing for quite a while now. I'll believe it when I see it. I hope people are not sending this guy/company money...

Sup guys back from my 2nd Banning, lol... I talked to matt....uummmm yesterday.. And yes he said they're not dead... He is having a problem with finding somewhere to get V2 produced & he said USA production is HIGH... hence the price. Any questions I can answer them...I talked to him for like 30 minutes. Just ask & I'll answer the best I can. I can't quote our exact conversation, but I'll do my best. I paid 34 Euros from NL to US.

Tell him he needs to set up his web site to answer questions and communicate with people on a regular basis. That would be a good start and definitely help his budding business. Lack of communication has people thinking he's given up and the business is dead. Just a suggestion on my part.

Tell him he needs to set up his web site to answer questions and communicate with people on a regular basis. That would be a good start and definitely help his budding business. Lack of communication has people thinking he's given up and the business is dead. Just a suggestion on my part.

I DID!! He said his brother is doing a new site for him (in the works) 2012 the earliest imo

Ok, so I just ordered one LanBox Blackheart at 115 euros. Problem is that I'm paying 58 euros for shipping, even tho I'm in Europe (damn 3rd world countries).

I talked to olivarius about problems listed here and he told me that they fixed them. I guess I'll see in a week (hopefully, due holidays).

In case anyone is wondering. I got an H80 to fit, it's tight, but it fits... Trying to get this hackintosh up, I'll keep all of yous posted.

Ok, so I just ordered one LanBox Blackheart at 115 euros. Problem is that I'm paying 58 euros for shipping, even tho I'm in Europe (damn 3rd world countries).

I talked to olivarius about problems listed here and he told me that they fixed them. I guess I'll see in a week (hopefully, due holidays).
Did you ever get yours?

Very interested in purchasing any of the mATX versions of this. Emailed them - hoping to get a reply! It seems to be far superior to anything else I can find online.

Could someone speed me up to date.
This thread is very intresting but a lot to go over.

The track record of Lan Gear with US customers (at least those that post on [H]) is (much) less than stellar (here's a thread on their other case: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1507180). {NG}Fidel, if you expect quality and fit of Lian-Li, you might (not will, but might) be very disappointed.

alot of good ideas with the case but like you say fit and finish of the case hasnt been to great. wire management is or was a nightmare as well from what i seen of the beta case.

Jen

Ahh well I dont have the cash for it now anyway.
Still the case looks nice but I know looks are decieving.
I learned that the hard way as a bright eyed kid building his first pc at 12 when my mother bought me a raidmax. Oh how times have changed lol.

how is the build quality? did they fixed the problems of previous version?

My impression so far: the case is a nice idea, lots of room for a SFF case. But the quality is still lacking:
- the finish on the outside seems a little thin, case doesn't look solid black
- the gap between front bezel and case is too broad (would guess 2mm), so you can see the power-led through it
- the opening for the optical drive was a little too low, the tray of the optical drive collided with the upper edge. I solved the problem by removing the front bezel of my optical drive and glueing the cover of the case with some spacer directly to the drive tray
- the fan cage on the left side of the case is a little too far out, so it scratches against the side of the cover. Can't bend it inwards, because there's a lid which is screwed to the psu...
- the power- and reset-switch don't fit flat in the bezel, they are a little tilted
- the port cover of the mainboard doesn't fit perfectly in the case, it's a little bent
- the screw holes for the mainboard are a little off, so it doesn't fit perfectly

All in all I wouldn't buy it again, but am too lazy to remove my hardware from the case and put it in another one. The case would be great if build with more precision - build by a manufacturer like Lian-Li or ChiefTec it would rock!

Concerning components: my rig consists of
- Core i5-3570k (using Intel stock cooler)
- Samsung SSD
- Hitachi HDD
- BeQuiet 400W PSU
- Zotac GF GTX 680
- 16 GB G.E.I.L DDR3 (2 modules)
- Asus P8Z77M-Pro

The graphics card doesn't fit in the first PCIe-slot since it collides with the PSU. Had to use 2nd slot...

My impression so far: the case is a nice idea, lots of room for a SFF case. But the quality is still lacking:
- the finish on the outside seems a little thin, case doesn't look solid black
- the gap between front bezel and case is too broad (would guess 2mm), so you can see the power-led through it
- the opening for the optical drive was a little too low, the tray of the optical drive collided with the upper edge. I solved the problem by removing the front bezel of my optical drive and glueing the cover of the case with some spacer directly to the drive tray
- the fan cage on the left side of the case is a little too far out, so it scratches against the side of the cover. Can't bend it inwards, because there's a lid which is screwed to the psu...
- the power- and reset-switch don't fit flat in the bezel, they are a little tilted
- the port cover of the mainboard doesn't fit perfectly in the case, it's a little bent
- the screw holes for the mainboard are a little off, so it doesn't fit perfectly

All in all I wouldn't buy it again, but am too lazy to remove my hardware from the case and put it in another one. The case would be great if build with more precision - build by a manufacturer like Lian-Li or ChiefTec it would rock!

Concerning components: my rig consists of
- Core i5-3570k (using Intel stock cooler)
- Samsung SSD
- Hitachi HDD
- BeQuiet 400W PSU
- Zotac GF GTX 680
- 16 GB G.E.I.L DDR3 (2 modules)
- Asus P8Z77M-Pro

The graphics card doesn't fit in the first PCIe-slot since it collides with the PSU. Had to use 2nd slot...

Wow, that's a lot of useful info, thank you very much.

It seems that LanGear has done little/none to improve the design or manufacturing in the past year or so... real shame :mad:

Guess they are only selling the old stocks, I wouldn't count on the "Infinity" anymore!!!

Oh, btw.... Any Da Box owners here, who can recommend a cpu cooler for socket 1155 to cool a i5-3570k?

still loving my case ( ya i brought the thread back to light) running gtx 580 amd 1090t oc'd3.9 1.45volts idling at 23c, load no more then 35c. gtx 580 idelcs at 35c load into the 60s. also i removed that 120mm shroud above gpu and mounted a think 120mm that pushes 250cfm hehe ya but speed fan keeps it in check. ill keep this case right in the living room as is, not my gaming rig but years of behind happy asnd satisfied with the case :)

Back