New SFF gamers case: presentation and advices

I'm a PITA and a perfectionist, so sorry, but the RAM fan should be pointing the other way, otherwise you'll be recycling hot air from the PSU exhaust. Air flow should be from one side of the case to the other.

Nice catch but that is the only intake for the case.

I'm a PITA and a perfectionist, so sorry, but the RAM fan should be pointing the other way, otherwise you'll be recycling hot air from the PSU exhaust. Air flow should be from one side of the case to the other.

In the final version, there will be a piece that will totally prevent the air exhaust from the PSU to go to the RAM. But you are free to mount it any way you want as it is an optional fan (60mm).
I'm working on the next pictures. Just be patient.:p

Oh, no debate. It comes down to what you want. The best SFF is the one that fits your own needs.
You'd be hard pressed to get it under 22L with normal components.
The Qmicra 2 can fit up to 160ish mm CPU coolers which are the largest common ones used I've seen. The Qmicra 2 is went to hold more than Da Box apparently )
:D
Yes, absolutely, less than 22L with ATX stuff is pretty damn impossible because of small technical issues that makes the mounting of the case very difficult.
The Q Micra 2, is, for me, not playing in the same class. It is huge compared to DA BOX. But still another very nice SFF.

The Qmicra 2 can fit up to 160ish mm CPU coolers which are the largest common ones used I've seen. The Qmicra 2 is went to hold more than Da Box apparently )

:D

Yeah, for those that might not know the V1 is one inch shorter than the V2. For Dave (Qmicra founder) to get coolers larger than a Zalman 9500 in it he had to increase the height. This also allowed for 120mm fans instead of 80mm fans and it also allowed users to go water cooling as well.

Just thought I'd throw that tidbit of trivia in. :D

DA_BOX_pres4.jpg

Damn, that is a sexy looking case when you show it like that. :)

This PSU is 6.3" long and is pretty darn popular.

The Seasonic that is nice is around 5.9 inches (I can't confirm this) and Silverstone is 160mm which is 6.3" again.

This one :http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817194027 is 150mm so that would be ok and is recommended by someone on this forum.

I posted an article on www.sffclub.com but the site hasn't been updated in awhile since I've been in the process of doing a 6 month revamp of the site :)

Hi Steve,

Are you in charge of the SFFclub.com website? Are you also in charge of the Store?
Llet me know.

Hi Steve,

Are you in charge of the SFFclub.com website? Are you also in charge of the Store?
Llet me know.

Yeah, I'm actually re-doing the website as we speak after a short leave (you know how hobbies go with personal life!). The Store will be next but is currently closed since I moved. you can email me at [email protected] if you like.

This case is down right perfect. Been looking for a case to ditch my ATX setup and move back to an ATX setup. Something like this is perfect!

In the final version, there will be a piece that will totally prevent the air exhaust from the PSU to go to the RAM. But you are free to mount it any way you want as it is an optional fan (60mm).
I'm working on the next pictures. Just be patient.:p

is there anyway to fit in an 80mm fan instead of a 60mm? i ask cause silence is a main point for me when i build, and it is hard to find a quiet 60mm fan...

is there anyway to fit in an 80mm fan instead of a 60mm? i ask cause silence is a main point for me when i build, and it is hard to find a quiet 60mm fan...
Unfortunately, 60mm is as big as you can fit. Keep in mind this is a RAM cooler, so maybe you'll want to keep it at a low RPM. If we could have fitted a 80mm, we would certainly have done it. But we have many restrictions to the size of the fan that don't always show in the pictures. 92 mm is as big as we can go for the upper one, which restrict it to 60mm from the one under it.

What are the square holes on the front bezel under the optical drive tray door? Buttons or USB ports?

Looking at the pictures I'm just wondering why there aren't any vent holes on the top corner where the 120mm fan is located. Wouldn't holes on both the top and back allow for better ventilation than just the back seeing the 120mm fan is mounted at an angle?

Looking at the pictures I'm just wondering why there aren't any vent holes on the top corner where the 120mm fan is located. Wouldn't holes on both the top and back allow for better ventilation than just the back seeing the 120mm fan is mounted at an angle?

Yeah, I asked this earlier- (correct me if I'm wrong) but I'm pretty sure he said the design decision was to not have any holes on top of the case in case of spills or something.

All sharp edges have been eliminated to ensure users safety.
Sorry but I lol'd. I think the curved edges look wicked awesome.

Do you think you'll ship internationally? eg: NZ?

On your website it states that Da Box comes with two 90mm fan mounts, one being for RAM and the other for a front intake. A couple posts back you stated that the RAM fan is 60mm; which is it exactly and what are the dimensions for the front fan?

On your website it states that Da Box comes with two 90mm fan mounts, one being for RAM and the other for a front intake. A couple posts back you stated that the RAM fan is 60mm; which is it exactly and what are the dimensions for the front fan?

MaSsAcRe, I couldn't find where it stated that there was a 92mm fan mount for the RAM. It's 1 x 92mm for the HDD, 1 x 60mm for RAM, and 1 x 92mm for air intake.

Hi mattinv

I represent a new UK-based system integrator who may be interested in stocking/working with the Da Box depending on the final release spec.

Could you provide me some information on the following:

01. Earliest possible release date.
02. Model range at release: one or variants.
03. Available accessories at release, e.g. hard drive brackets, alternate switchgear, etc.
04. Whether international shipping (primarily to the EU) will be an option, plus cost and time.
05. Price with/without VAT.
06. Batch sizes, min/max.
07. Options at release, e.g. colours, windows, etc.

Apologies if these questions have already been asked, I'd just appreciate the latest info. Ballpark figures are fine, I know it's still early days.

I've had a look at the site, very impressive. Will you be showing pictures of a mock-up featuring an all-in-one watercooling kit installed (e.g. Corsair H50)?

Regards,

Axios

Hi mattinv

I represent a new UK-based system integrator who may be interested in stocking/working with the Da Box depending on the final release spec.

Could you provide me some information on the following:

01. Earliest possible release date.
02. Model range at release: one or variants.
03. Available accessories at release, e.g. hard drive brackets, alternate switchgear, etc.
04. Whether international shipping (primarily to the EU) will be an option, plus cost and time.
05. Price with/without VAT.
06. Batch sizes, min/max.
07. Options at release, e.g. colours, windows, etc.

Apologies if these questions have already been asked, I'd just appreciate the latest info. Ballpark figures are fine, I know it's still early days.

I've had a look at the site, very impressive. Will you be showing pictures of a mock-up featuring an all-in-one watercooling kit installed (e.g. Corsair H50)?

Regards,

Axios

Good morning Axios,

I will provide you with all these information. I already have an agent in Europe you might want to talk to. I will send you his information.

Thank you for your interest,
I will be posting more and more details at www.lan-gear.com

Last edited:
Hi mattinv,

When are you expecting this to be available?

Also, I want to build a system with this case and I plan to put the case on a table and do not want want a window that will put out light. Will you have an option with no window?

Is there a way to put a SD card reader on this case?

DA_BOX_pres5.jpg

There's an open gap at the bottom of the front panel for air intake. If the case feet are long enough, it should be able to breath sufficiently. 80+ efficiency or greater power supplies don't heat up like their older innefficient counterparts.

forgive me if im blind but where would the hard drives / SSD be mounted and is there any front IO ports?

also as a further suggestion is a quick removable/stealth alu handle that doesnt harm its aesthetics

handles look ugly on a desk but its great to have when you carry your rig around

I'm just going to take a minute and level my harshest criticism against this whole idea; Da Box is an absolutely retarded name.

When you ship these suckers out you should dole out a little cash and ensure that users get awesome stock fans. I'm sure not many people would complain if you threw in some yates in there out "Da Box".

I'm just going to take a minute and level my harshest criticism against this whole idea; Da Box is an absolutely retarded name.

Haha. Well, so are most SFF cases with a name. Qpack, Qmicra (too many Q's), Micro Fly, LANBOX, AeroCube. I like the numbering names better SG01, NSK1300, V351.

Oh well...it's just an name :)

DA_BOX_pres5.jpg

There's an open gap at the bottom of the front panel for air intake. If the case feet are long enough, it should be able to breath sufficiently. 80+ efficiency or greater power supplies don't heat up like their older innefficient counterparts.

Thank you for the explanation. We ran some tests and the opening on the bottom (front) of the case provide tons of unrestricted airflow. It is hard to see on the case.
Yes, there will be USB/Audio ports, there are just not mounted yet on this picture.:D
The SSD mount under the 5.25" bay (2 x), and in the HDD cage (2x). Impossible to see in this picture. I still need to find 2 since I don't have the funds right now to buy two.:p
And as far as the name go, well, this was the name that came up on top. And it's just a name!
But if you like numbers, call it LG01:D:cool:
Regarding the handle, we decided to go with a designer custom bag (proto being made this next week). It will be more confortable, you can carry other stuff in it, and it will protect the case. Finally, we have an Italian hand bag designer do it, so it will be nice, I promise.:D
Yes, there are 2 versions: one with a window and one without.
The front Bezel: we will propose different faces to satisfy everybody. I hope that will help make your pick.

I edited the website again. Let me know what you think. www.lan-gear.com

Last edited:

When you ship these suckers out you should dole out a little cash and ensure that users get awesome stock fans. I'm sure not many people would complain if you threw in some yates in there out "Da Box".

Haha. Well, so are most SFF cases with a name. Qpack, Qmicra (too many Q's), Micro Fly, LANBOX, AeroCube. I like the numbering names better SG01, NSK1300, V351.

Oh well...it's just an name :)

Appearance is surprisingly important to most enthusiasts. I think the name sucks too..
but hey, I'd take a rep who comes out and talks to their market during product design anyday.
Just be glad there isn't DA BOX printed all over the side or anything.

Thank you for the explanation. We ran some tests and the opening on the bottom (front) of the case provide tons of unrestricted airflow. It is hard to see on the case.
I guess I'll take your word for it. I just like the peace of mind of having a large vent with direct access to cooler air.

Appearance is surprisingly important to most enthusiasts. I think the name sucks too..
but hey, I'd take a rep who comes out and talks to their market during product design anyday.
Just be glad there isn't DA BOX printed all over the side or anything.
or Fatal1ty's logo like that Zalman case
lol.gif

Hi Everybody,

I have heard a lot of complains about the name lately. Maybe I will post a vote on www.lan-gear.com and you guys will have 1 week to pick the name again if this is a major issue (no worries Lilli, you'll still get your special).
Is that something you'd like?
Please, let me know.

Hi Everybody,

I have heard a lot of complains about the name lately. Maybe I will post a vote on www.lan-gear.com and you guys will have 1 week to pick the name again if this is a major issue (no worries Lilli, you'll still get your special).
Is that something you'd like?
Please, let me know.

yes please! Branding is very real and people's perception of quality is affected (driven?) by the aesthetic you present. (duh)

I would leverage the [H] management as well. If you could convince Kyle to publicize the name poll and/or give an exclusive first-look review, if you've done your job designing the case they'll do theirs and make sure the legions of readers know what you've done. When someone asks me for a 'perfect' ATX case I have several examples depending on their needs- much less so with the mATX market. This is your chance to fill that void!

Back