New SFF gamers case: presentation and advices

I think

Lan Gear Precision
Lan Gear Micro

would probably be good bets. I would hate for Lan Gear to use really bland flashy names like BlackStorm XXS LG1001 or something. The case is classy- the name should reflect this.
Actually I agree with this guy! Very good point. Theres your first two names, Lan Gear Precision for the matx case, and Lan Gear Micro for the Itx case.

I'm throwing one more name out there:
LG01 Black Heart (for the all black version).

I would pay a tremendous premium if you offered the interior and exterior panels with different anodized options. Make it a limited line or something.

Regarding the name. Just call them LG-M58, and LG-I20 where the number is the unit's volume in Litres. Later you can add R.1, R.2, R.3 etc for minor revisions.

I would pay a tremendous premium if you offered the interior and exterior panels with different anodized options. Make it a limited line or something.

Regarding the name. Just call them LG-M58, and LG-I20 where the number is the unit's volume in Litres. Later you can add R.1, R.2, R.3 etc for minor revisions.

!!!VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION!!! LIMITED EDITION?
The way we have it set up now, it's anodized black outside and inside (for the "all black version").
We looked at the possibility of anodizing the inside red. But we can do any color, for the same price as black.
Anybody else interested in a limited edition?
We can also yellow chromate the inside. This special edition would be much cheaper than all black anodize inside.
Please, let me know where you stand so that I can get a line dedicated for the ones of you interested.;)

asus_maximus_iii_formula_gene.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmmmmm... that would look hot with a window and red interior. :) Needa change my pants now. :(

I'm down for Yellow. That would be the coolest case EVAR.

You can legit put me down for an order right now.

I guess we were thinking of a finish similar to that:
FC5000MBBK.jpg

For our Micro ATX case:
High quality black anodized 2mm aluminum for the outside; red anodized for the inside.

Wow. Black with red interior with a Black PCB motherboard would be just *drool*. Depends on the shade of red though, I'd rather see a darker tone.

mattinv, have you planned on using some kind of feet on the bottom of the case for stability and to prevent scratching? I asked this before but I don't think you ever got around to answering.

additional cents.

have you guys rendered with round power/reset switches in front as opposed to the square?

having said that, it would be a first to see a small round OD drive button on the case, instead of the traditional rectangular ones found in most OD face plates.

We planned on some feet. No worries. We are just trying to get the best looking ones.
For the buttons, I looked but I'm having a hard time. I'll keep you posted if I find something satisfactory.
The next prototypes are scheduled to be done next week. We'll have something presented the following week.

That red would look sweet in there!! And those feet with red led would be amazing!!!!!!! My god!!!

I think white LEDs on case feet would be sick.
I don't know if this is possible, but the only anodizing I would pay more for would be white or black.

White anodized inside with black anodized outside, machined steel case feet with white LEDs would be a sale on my count.

I guess we were thinking of a finish similar to that:

For our Micro ATX case:
High quality black anodized 2mm aluminum for the outside; red anodized for the inside.

Note: I have a Soldam and think it's gorgeous. I was just playing devil's advocate.

The name we picked for the case:
"Da Box"
:D
So, lillimon04, you are the one who proposed it first if i'm correct.
I will send you some contact information so that you can get your discount on the purchase of the case.
PS: if you guys like "Da Boxx" better, please let us know.

Prototype: I'm still looking at a first pick for the week of October 19th.

Special Mention: I'm seriously considering MOM (Massive Overkill Mobile) for the Mini ITX case (which is literally going to blow everything out there). I have to admit: I brought my mom... that really cracked me up.:D

Last edited:
You made me the happiest little girl in the world. :)
Im not a girl though. Haha
Edit: MOM would be a funny name, but its someones name on here that didnt make it so I would think it would be weird to name it after someone. But thats just me.

Last edited:
Do you have any details on the itx case? How many bays are you thinking?

I have the Sugo 05 and it provides just enough space for a GeminII S and a 20mm Yate loon fan. I would love to have slightly more clearance for hsf combo's. A itx case that could fit a 120mm fan, atx power supply, and two 3.5" hdds would be dream.

I'm still working on the ITX design. But yes, it is a very different design than anything out there. And it is the Ultimate Portable Gamers Unit.

Right now, it fits :

1 x 3.5" drive (with an option for a second one but I haven't implemented it yet),
2 x 2.5" drives (think RAID 0 SSD by next year),
135-140mm tall heatsinks (yes baby, that's right, putting every SFF out there to shame, except the Da Box of course:cool:),
2 x 120 mm fans (with a third one in option)
295 mm long graphic card (double slot) - That's right, HD5870 and more!
!!!!an ATX power supply!!!!,
all that in 10% less volume than the SUGO SG05.

Of course, all that in a VERY stylish, quiet case. The only DVD/CD drive bay will be a slim one (I had to go with that to make it work perfectly - and by "perfectly", I mean it)
But this is for spring 2010. :D When this baby comes out, mini ITX fans will really fall in love. Be prepared!!! Winter Storm coming!!!!!:p;)

Projected Release : Late spring 2010.
MSRP: $130 or less (I'll do my best - depends on the demand)

Last edited:
I'm still working on the ITX design. But yes, it is a very different design than anything out there. And it is the Ultimate Portable Gamers Unit.

Right now, it fits :

1 x 3.5" drive (with an option for a second one but I haven't implemented it yet),
135-140mm tall heatsinks (yes baby, that's right, putting every SFF out there to shame, except the Da Box of course:cool:),

Of course, all that in a VERY stylish, quiet case. The only DVD/CD drive bay will be a slim one (I had to go with that to make it work perfectly - and by "perfectly", I mean it)
But this is for spring 2010. :D When this baby comes out, mini ITX fans will really fall in love. Be prepared!!! Winter Storm coming!!!!!:p;)

Bring it on. There should be a great assortment of boards by then. I won't be building any large hulking machines for myself anymore. Oh, and we'll take the powdercoating options on the ITX versions also.

Right now, it fits :

Definatly not slim ITX, anyways. Slim ITX is still better, in my opinion, then a... box?

Still, have you taken the feet consideration on the previous page?

It's shaping up nicely. The problem with the prototype visually was the almost oval grill in the front. That just looked bad to me. I like the concept, and the latest 3D rendering looks much better to me.

Good luck. I've always thought that the SFF crowd needed an option to run gaming hardware in their smaller cases.

Qmicra sir :(

This case is shaping up nicely though :D

Right now, it fits :

Sign me up for at least one if not two. I cant wait for any pre production renderings or sketch ideas. I mean you have sold me on specs alone how it looks is just a bonus. I do have a suggestion though it would be awesome if you would have a carrying bag or strap so it would be easy to transport to lan parties.

Definatly not slim ITX, anyways. Slim ITX is still better, in my opinion, then a... box?

Actually, it is a fairly slim version. About 5.71inch high (14.5cm). So nothing like the cubes you have out there. Closer to the slim ones but able to accommodate larger video cards.
On the design side, I'm really trying to not have it too boxy.
For the bag, we will have one very nice in option, like the Da Box.
Until I finish the first prototype, I will not post 3D rendering. Or maybe just one of the outside to make you guys drool....:D.

PS: In order to stay on the original subject of this post (Micro ATX case "Da Box"), I will create a new post later dedicated to this Mini ITX case.

Last edited:

Yes, still working hard on the feet. I take everything you guys shoot at me into consideration.;)

What is the max heat sink height for da box? Maybe i missed it but i did not see it anywhere handy. Does the anodized color interior add much to the price? Whats a ballpark figure for the additional cost. Personally i think blue would be killer like some of the sweet soldam cases. White and Black would be good too. Led's are great but it would be best to have a option to either turn them off or not have any at all ( for those of us who dont want a box glowing brighter than the surface of the sun. ;) )

Because of the very high cost of the anodizing process, there might be a version with and without (for the interior black, red, or white).
The height limitation for the Heatsink in Da Box is 190mm (or something close to that. I'll have to check again). You can fit almost any heatsink on the market, as long as it has been reasonably designed ( I have seen 1 or 2 that might not fit, but they also don't fit in most ATX case because of there width).
You can fit most ATX power supply, normal and oversized ones.
You can fit every video card on the market.

Maybe I can get a special edition one for coming up with the name? :) Just throwing it out there, so no one will have the same one as me :)

Maybe I can get a special edition one for coming up with the name? :) Just throwing it out there, so no one will have the same one as me :)

Perhaps our cases will say "Da Box", while your's says "Mah Box"? It is your name after all. :D

The ITX box design plan sure sounds nice. If you can get it out Spring 2010 with the details you mentioned it would certainly put you ahead of the current competition of what the big manufacturers currently have and probably well ahead of what they have planned come then.

Also I'm curious if you plan on giving Da Box sample units to some of the more popular professional reviewers to play with? If they like it it would certainly give your little company a lot of good publicity. That is always a good thing. :)

Also I'm curious if you plan on giving Da Box sample units to some of the more popular professional reviewers to play with? If they like it it would certainly give your little company a lot of good publicity. That is always a good thing. :)

I'm planning to put a small amount of Da Boxes on the side for professional reviewers. I work on a very tight budget, so I'll have to set it up so that the cases keep going from one to the other so that we don't end up drowning in shipping expenses.
But yes, this is part of the plan. In house testing first to make sure everything is impeccable, and then out the professionals.;) Our little company does need as much publicity as we can get. After all, the more cases we'll make, the cheaper we can sell them!

Last edited:

Right now, it fits :

i will buy one if you actually produce this.

Back