New HP Reverb headset

Discussion in 'VR & Head-Mounted Displays' started by bobzdar, Mar 19, 2019.

1. bobzdar

bobzdar [H]ard|Gawd

https://www.roadtovr.com/hp-reverb-vr-headset-announcement-price-release-date/

2160x2160 with RGB stripe display should all but eliminate SDE while giving a clarity boost over the Odyssey+ (which has also all but elimintated it, albeit with a filter on a 1600x1440 screen).

I might grab one, though I would like an increased FOV to 125 ish. Not sure if the optics are there for that yet, though, without having to do some odd stuff with the lenses.

2. Kajun614

Kajun614 [H]Lite

Sounds like an upgrade from my friends unit I tried. I didnt think the picture was good enough.maybe this will be?

3. Youn

Youn [H]ardness Supreme

it's ready, I think even at 200 fov pimax users aren't complaining about distortion too much and just loving the extra immersion. of course to get similar pixel density it'll just crush your budget and/or video card. perhaps devs are waiting for better eye-tracking and foveated rendering solutions before jumping up in FOV

4. FalconSS

FalconSS [H]ard|Gawd

They missed the boat on not branding the consumer version as Omen.

5. SuperSubZero

SuperSubZero 2[H]4U

I have the current HP WMR and I like it, barring issues with batteries. This new one looks interesting, though I wish it had some evolved controllers. I'm also concerned about the requirements with the new resolution. I have a GTX1080 and it handles the current HP peachy, but not sure if it will be enough for a FLAWLESS VR EXPERIENCE with 2160x2160x2. It's interesting they've de-branded it though, it's not being marketed as a WMR headset.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    Adidas4275 likes this.
  6. Vega

Vega [H]ardness Supreme

Oh sweet, 3.6 times the resolution of the first gen headsets and real RGB stripe to boot. Definitely going to pick this up.

7. bobzdar

bobzdar [H]ard|Gawd

Well, the lenses are odd and they had to cant the displays, which obviously complicates things - and pimax are struggling to actually get volume production going.

The odyssey+ had a small fov increase over the rift but it was immediately noticeable, so I think getting to 120ish with these newer high res screens would be a good sweet spot.

Youn likes this.
Tags: