Neverwinter MMO, 100% FREE! :)

Emergency maintenance. I went and got booze, played for 5 min and bam, herpes..... Now I have to wait till the server is back up. Just shy of lvl 37.

Hardcore, drinking in the morning.

Why are you all not at work! Damn it. I want to be home.

I didn't crack open the first beer till 10:30. Hardcore drinking is waking up at five and picking up the opened beer from last night and finishing it before opening a new one...

My work revolves around weather, which has been rainy lately. My pay is salary. Time off with gaming benefits. Awww yeah

PvP in this game has been sort of viscerally enjoyable. I'm playing a guardian fighter so maybe the constant in-your-face style is part of that. After the occasional match in the 1-50 range now I'm basically leveling 50-60 all in pvp. Should have a nice stash of honor saved up for some pvp epics when I hit 60.

What I really like is that the top scorer in a match gets a random blue item as a bonus. Doesn't matter if you won or lost, even if your teammates were useless, as long as you busted your ass you get the reward.

i havent pvp'd yet but id like too. What level can you start pvping? and how does one enter pvp battleground?

i havent pvp'd yet but id like too. What level can you start pvping? and how does one enter pvp battleground?

Level 10. Hit the "K" button and queue up.

Also unrelated, but there's a guy in the city named Rhix, who will give you a daily dungeon + daily skirmish quest to do, that rewards you with astral diamonds.

You don't have to go to the guy to get or turn in those quests. Just go to your home page, (I think its the K key maybe), and in the bottom right hand corner you will see daily quests, which if you click, will allow you to pickup or turn in any of those daily skirmish, pvp, dungeon and foundry quests.

So whats the consensus here guys? In for the long haul or are anyone of you guys starting to feel burned out? Im still lvl 6 or 7 but I feel that im getting some terrible latency issues.

So whats the consensus here guys? In for the long haul or are anyone of you guys starting to feel burned out? Im still lvl 6 or 7 but I feel that im getting some terrible latency issues.

Look forward to logging in as much as possible, definitely a great feeling after having been burnt out on other mmo's.

What kind of latency, rubber banding? Try opening up your network and sharing center (go down to your connection settings in the tray bar, and right click it. Then when the window opens up, click on "Local Area Connection", and in that window, click Properties.

Disable this sucker right here if you see it: "WinpkFilter LightWeight Filter"

You don't have to go to the guy to get or turn in those quests. Just go to your home page, (I think its the K key maybe), and in the bottom right hand corner you will see daily quests, which if you click, will allow you to pickup or turn in any of those daily skirmish, pvp, dungeon and foundry quests.

Thanks, I didn't notice this , makes it a lot easier to do, I've been huffing it all the way back to protector's enclave to do those.

Level 10. Hit the "K" button and queue up.

Also unrelated, but there's a guy in the city named Rhix, who will give you a daily dungeon + daily skirmish quest to do, that rewards you with astral diamonds.

thanks i didnt know this.

Game seems just okay to me. I understand it's FTP, but the graphics are holding me back from truly enjoying it.

I'm a level 60 Cleric, and while I absolutely love the combat and how healing has been done, I am starting to feel a bit burned out. Yesterday was the first day my friends and I didn't play at all since release. We've done a few different epic dungeons (albeit several times each). But maybe this is just us. Don't let this affect your thoughts of the game at such a low level though, the game is awesome 1-60 at the minimum, and the dungeons are kinda fun as well.

Let's try to make the guild on Dragon tonight guys, for H.

I'll be on at 7:15PM EST, whisper me when you see me come on (add me first): Ottomobile@bih115

We need a fully party to form the guild.

Look forward to logging in as much as possible, definitely a great feeling after having been burnt out on other mmo's.

What kind of latency, rubber banding? Try opening up your network and sharing center (go down to your connection settings in the tray bar, and right click it. Then when the window opens up, click on "Local Area Connection", and in that window, click Properties.

Disable this sucker right here if you see it: "WinpkFilter LightWeight Filter"

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly does this do?

Let's try to make the guild on Dragon tonight guys, for H.

I'll be on at 7:15PM EST, whisper me when you see me come on (add me first): Ottomobile@bih115

We need a fully party to form the guild.

I on Beholden, but I guess I can start over. I'm only a lvl 10 cleric and am having a blast so far. Not sure what time I can get on but I'll post my name here when I start a new character and you can add me if you like.

I'm going to try to hop onto Dragon later this evening and make another character. I rolled a Great Weapon Fighter to 10 and it feels ridiculously under-powered in comparison to the Rogue and Control Wizard.
I was going to hold out for the rumored Ranger class, but that may be awhile. That being said, I'm definitely up for joining an [H] guild. Who's going to get the ball rolling?

FYI - Alienware Arena is giving away Underdark Explorer's packs which consists of the following items below. All you have to do is register at the site.

http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaway/dungeons-and-dragons-neverwinter-underdark-explorer-pack-key-giveaway/

Now in open beta, use this Underdark Explorer Pack to unlock the following in-game items:

• Underdark Explorer character title
• Potion of Accuracy x10
• Minor Potion of Force x10
• Potion of Lesser Healing x10
• Portable Altar x5
• Identify Scrolls (bound to character) x5

I'm going to try to hop onto Dragon later this evening and make another character. I rolled a Great Weapon Fighter to 10 and it feels ridiculously under-powered in comparison to the Rogue and Control Wizard.
I was going to hold out for the rumored Ranger class, but that may be awhile. That being said, I'm definitely up for joining an [H] guild. Who's going to get the ball rolling?

FYI - Alienware Arena is giving away Underdark Explorer's packs which consists of the following items below. All you have to do is register at the site.

http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaway/dungeons-and-dragons-neverwinter-underdark-explorer-pack-key-giveaway/

Now in open beta, use this Underdark Explorer Pack to unlock the following in-game items:

• Underdark Explorer character title
• Potion of Accuracy x10
• Minor Potion of Force x10
• Potion of Lesser Healing x10
• Portable Altar x5
• Identify Scrolls (bound to character) x5

I'll be logging in, in about 20 seconds, and see who else has logged on, plan on making the guild in a bit.

Ottomatic@bih115.

EDIT: Looks like only Freaky's on right now...c'mon people.

Last edited by a moderator:
You sons of b's weren't on, so nothing happened again tonight! I received a few more friend requests, but only 1-2 people seemed to be one (outside of my friend and me).

Tomorrow it is. Heading to bed, just absolutely dead tired.

Id be on, but like I said, Im on nights and wont be on til this weekend. Then ill be free to join up and answer friends requests

Are the character models still - dated looking & ugly?

I think I've become spoiled by all the mmos that recently have come out and the new ones in the horizon.

Are the character models still - dated looking & ugly?

I think I've become spoiled by all the mmos that recently have come out and the new ones in the horizon.

Think it looks like crap on my laptop but on the desktop I think it looks great. The textures are weak but overall atmosphere is good.

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly does this do?

It's a driver for direct network I/O. It's not a base Windows 7 platform component, so you can disable it. A lot of people seem to have stability issues with their internet, and disabling this alleviates some of that. Give it a try. If anything happens (it won't), you could always re-enable it.

^ Yes. Or wait out the injury at a campfire and it goes away in a few minutes. Its the WoW equivalent of repairing gear, except your face breaks instead.

Damn server has been busted twice in 2 hours today so far. Took em almost 30+ minutes to fix the first issue, now we are 10 minutes into the second

I was wondering if it was just me getting kicked. :rolleyes:

Oh well. Gives me a chance to get some stuff done.

Has anybody purchased any of the packs? I want to get others opinions. I thought about it and I love D&D but didn't jump yet.

Has anybody purchased any of the packs? I want to get others opinions. I thought about it and I love D&D but didn't jump yet.

I've been contemplating the $50 (or it is $60) one. I don't need the $200 one, that has no real benefit to me, but I would not mind paying $50.

I have been considering the $60 pack, but I really don't know how much time I will have to play. I enjoy the game, but if the population dies early, it won't be any fun.

Fun while it lasted but think I'm done with these grindy hobbit like mmo's, they just don't do it for me anymore

I purchased the $60 one and got double my astral diamonds. Right now I'm sitting at over 1.2 million astral diamonds.

I purchased the $60 one and got double my astral diamonds. Right now I'm sitting at over 1.2 million astral diamonds.

How'd you get double, I got the $60 one as well and only received exactly what they said I would (600K).

Also, I haven't been on at all today, contemplating logging in now or waiting until tomorrow to play.

How'd you get double, I got the $60 one as well and only received exactly what they said I would (600K).

Also, I haven't been on at all today, contemplating logging in now or waiting until tomorrow to play.

Not sure. I collected my AD last night and this morning the icon was still flashing and I had another 600k in there. Thought it was for the AD weekend.

It might be the double outage kinda back-tracked the payed out system. So they may have ended up paying him twice.

When I logged in yesterday I had to redo a bunch of content that I had already completed the day before.

When I logged in yesterday I had to redo a bunch of content that I had already completed the day before.

Yeah, I played for 8 hours yesterday during work, im afraid to find all that progress gone =[

level 10-23

Back