Neverwinter MMO, 100% FREE! :)

For me it got difficult at around the 40 level range at the floating island - that's when you get loads of squishy enemies that deal lots of damage. For the most part you can use that aoe spell and stealth to get rid of them, but when you don't, they can just pretty much take you down to half hp.

That's the time when I really had to start using potions to survive.

Trappers are especially annoying, because even though their little ranged net spell shows a red indicator - unless you were already moving, it's pretty much impossible to dodge.

Funny enough, I'm doing pretty well with the floating island level thus far. I'd guess I'm halfway done with it. I pretty much mauled the wolves area, too. While the Thief doesn't really have many AOE skills, I'm single hitting most enemies with my powers and am able to just wade in and trade hits. My cleric heals me whenever I drop below 50% in health, so it's pretty easy going. Those zombies always seemed to target her and attacked in groups of 6-7, so they screwed my strategy up. In most levels, you're usually only fighting 3 enemies at a time.

For abilities, I've gone back to the ones you originally get early in the game like the overhead attack (which dazes) and the lashing blade. I swapped out the backstab for impact shot. That's great for dealing with archers. I also swapped out my normal attack for the 2-weapon combo attack one. The combo attack raises your daily attack pretty fast and I still like that very first daily attack you get as a way of clearing a crowd and regaining ability points.

So, I guess I pretty much came/saw/conquered this game last night. I cleared out the Underdark, hit level 60, and completed all of the non-party quests built into the game. Never spent a dime on anything either.
While some areas near the end are little annoying thanks to Thieves not having (m)any AOE attacks, nothing was too crazy. “Shadow Strike,” which instantly refills your stealth meter is a lifesaver if you’re doing it all alone. I still think the skills you get earlier in the game are generally much, much better than the later ones.
By the end of the game, my companion was simply a 2-second distraction before she got pasted by almost anything. I loaded her up with level 5 gems and equipment and that made no difference whatsoever. She ended up just being bait while I was stealthed most of the time.
I think I might try to party up and get some of the “epic” gear, but I suppose it’s time for a break.

I had a pretty good time with this, especially for the price. It’s like Dragon Age crossed with Diablo.

I'm not sure what happened but on both my desktop and laptop the launcher crashes upon clicking login. I have tried all the suggested solutions but it still doesn't work. Yeah I think I am pretty much done with this game. Even support cannot figure out how to fix it.

I'm not sure what happened but on both my desktop and laptop the launcher crashes upon clicking login. I have tried all the suggested solutions but it still doesn't work. Yeah I think I am pretty much done with this game. Even support cannot figure out how to fix it.

Stupid redundant question, but, did you already try uninstalling and deleting the associated folders than re-install?

Stupid redundant question, but, did you already try uninstalling and deleting the associated folders than re-install?

I did. I also went into the registry manually and deleted all related entries. If I were to guess, I think I read somewhere that there is some kind of conflict with AMD drivers and both systems happen to have AMD GPU's. The thing that pisses me off is I did not change anything, not even a gpu driver update. It just stopped working randomly.

There's a way to auto-login without actually having to click the login button. Any chance that works? Unlikely (I know) but I guess it can't hurt to try.

I've been dabbling with the "epic" dungeons a little and they're pretty uneven. Most are easy and then have an insanely hard boss that wastes certain party makeups instantly.

There's a way to auto-login without actually having to click the login button. Any chance that works? Unlikely (I know) but I guess it can't hurt to try.

I've been dabbling with the "epic" dungeons a little and they're pretty uneven. Most are easy and then have an insanely hard boss that wastes certain party makeups instantly.

Oh ok cool, I will definitely look into that.

Teamviewer was causing the issue, it also messed up BF3 fullscreen.

Is this one of the casual, easy to grind to the end then become bored and move on to something else, games?

Is this one of the casual, easy to grind to the end then become bored and move on to something else, games?

This was my first MMO...but essentially, YES.
I played through the whole "normal" game solo and had a good time with it. Many user-made missions are a ton of fun, too. It's repetitious, but still enjoyable.
However once you play through the scripted part of the game, there's not really much else to do. The epic dungeons are just enemy hives and it's easier to use the auction house to get your epic weapons/armor than to trust your luck with them. By the time you get to that stage in the game, you likely have enough astral diamonds to buy a complete set and have some leftover.

This was my first MMO...but essentially, YES.
I played through the whole "normal" game solo and had a good time with it. Many user-made missions are a ton of fun, too. It's repetitious, but still enjoyable.
However once you play through the scripted part of the game, there's not really much else to do. The epic dungeons are just enemy hives and it's easier to use the auction house to get your epic weapons/armor than to trust your luck with them. By the time you get to that stage in the game, you likely have enough astral diamonds to buy a complete set and have some leftover.

Usually you don't do dungeons for the loot (well not entirely), but to have fun with others, and for the satisfaction, when after numerous tries, you and your group can work together the way to overcome the bosses.
Nothing compares to the times when you are close to your first kills, everybody so focused that you only hear the keyboards through ventrilo, the stress goes up as boss health goes down, and finally the cheer when it reaches zero.

Usually you don't do dungeons for the loot (well not entirely), but to have fun with others, and for the satisfaction, when after numerous tries, you and your group can work together the way to overcome the bosses.
Nothing compares to the times when you are close to your first kills, everybody so focused that you only hear the keyboards through ventrilo, the stress goes up as boss health goes down, and finally the cheer when it reaches zero.

That is only successful when there is some worthwhile reward after. If there isn't, people leave.

I don't really find the epic dungeons to be fun even with a reward. I got a couple of my final items from them, and they're tedious. It's 45 minutes of enemy swarms and a 5-10 minute boss fight that is actually entertaining.
With no reward, they're about as much fun as playing Big Rigs competitively.

I played a GF and he is 45 now. the 35 to 39 was tough because I was trying to use power too much.
Once I hit 40 and switched to def, deflection it was good.

What exactly does recovery and movement do?

I thought the wizard was a breeze until about 40-41 then with more than 1 big guy at a time it got very hectic. Until that time he did the little bosses in the quest and never took any damage when I was good on the keys, which is rare for me lol

the level 15 companion limit is a joke. Knowing them there will be tome of companion leveling for zen.

Recovery speeds up the recycle on your encounter powers. Movement affects...well, moving. How much faster you move than normal.

thanks Stxopher I was trying to get my encounter time down
18 seconds on surge is slow and even with 200 recovery its still 18 seconds.
Someone said you would have to have 800+ to cut a second off your encounters, so I think I can just forget that, It does increase the amount of action points I gain, at lest it sure looks like it.

movement it takes 120 to gain 1% run speed, so that is why its tough to notice.

I think I can drop both of them in favor of deflection, power or crit.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Everyone keeps talking rogue so here goes, what is the best leveling build for them?
I played one to 30 when I first started but didn't have a clue what I was doing so later I dropped him.
will start another one if someone can post link to a good build guide for leveling.

I can't believe this....I am talking drops not quest rewards. After several level 30's a 42 wiz and a 45 GF, or the little boss in a dungeon that always drops the blue mace,I am talking about random mob drop in the questing areas.
I had my first BLUE drop. FIRST ONE...this is sad
Just killing normal mobs the one where you have to rescue some miners....wow imagine a rescue quest in an rpg lol
but it really struck me that in all this time the first random drop of a blue for me.

Last edited:
Not sure about a Rogue leveling guide, but I found the best powers to be some of the early ones. Dazing Strike is one of the single best powers in the game and it's one of the first things you get. Lashing Blade, too. Once you can get Shadow Strike (a ranged attack that refills your stealth) it's a great 3rd ability that can let you get out of bad situations.
Not sure if they nerfed it or what, but with all of the special stuff dedicated to Shocking Execution I've been sorely disappointed with it in most situations. Bloodbath (your first daily) is still the one I use most often. I've noticed others seem to do the same.

Domingo I did find this

After Shocking Execution’s rather “shocking” nerf, the number of players using Bloodbath has increased and they rightfully should as it can be a reliable way of executing a squishy class with less than half of their HP bar. Probably much more reliable than Shocking Execution in 1 vs. 1 situations. For 3 – 5 vs. 1, it may be a good way to harass other players most specially when they’re on horseback. But otherwise, this skill makes us invulnerable for a short while, and deals a good amount of damage in the process.

Good to know I'm not crazy. I haven't even messed with PvP all that much, but find Bloodbath to be really helpful in doing good damage to any number of enemies while being invulnerable.
Plus, because Shadow Strike boosts your sneak meter, you can immediately use it afterward to get out of dodge and heal up or better position yourself.
Dazing Strike + Lashing Blade recharge quickly, you can usually stagger those attacks with Bloodbath in the middle to keep the damage rolling on single enemies.

I ended up boosting Shocking Execution to level 3 + wasting 5 feats to boost it there...and it generally sucks. I get hit out of it a lot, it's slow, and it never seems to hurt very much no matter how or when I use it.
Unless they ever change it, I'd skip all of the stats and feats related to it.

Sorry for the bump but I want to see if anyone is still playing this. I slowly gave it up after 60 and I got 7 days free of wow. End game seemed blah to me since I could buy almost all the gear I needed on the AH. Thoughts?

Went back to Gw2 for my mmo action sincr I have a few rl friends playing that.

I have a few level 60's and play about 30 minutes a day still. Its free, so whatever.

This

I just jump in, do profession stuff, check AH sales, etc.

I might do ONE raid event during the weekend, but really, thats it.

I kinda gave up on it just like I did with STO.

Back