MSI X570 Tomahawk review: possibly the best $200 X570

Nebulous

[H]ard|Gawd
D/led and flashed. First thing I notice is CPU temps along with PPT are not registering/shown in AMD's RM software. Didn't have that problem with the 161.

Nebulous

[H]ard|Gawd
*Update*

Uninstalled RM software, cleaned registry of leftovers. Reinstalled. Issues now are:

Cpu Temp: Not recognized/displayed
PPT : Not recognized/displayed
Cpu Voltages (Current/peaked) Not recognized/displayed

C'mon MSI, this is bullshit!

Domingo

Fully [H]
I've had no issues with the most recent update or the prior one, but I'm also not 100% sure what the issues were prior. Posts keep mentioning USB issues on PCIe 4 systems. I have PCIe 4 enabled and have 3 USB dongles that never leave my system, ever. Wireless dongles for both my KB and mouse as well as MS's Xbox controller dongle. I use 'em all constantly and have had no connectivity issues. I use a wireless USB headset a couple hours each day, too. No issues there. Ditto with plugging in my phone to transfer photos and music. I'm not saying there are no issues, but they might be isolated to specific situations. If your system is one of those, it suuuucks, but it might not be something for most people to fret over.

techie81

[H]ard for [H]ardware
I've had no issues with the most recent update or the prior one, but I'm also not 100% sure what the issues were prior. Posts keep mentioning USB issues on PCIe 4 systems. I have PCIe 4 enabled and have 3 USB dongles that never leave my system, ever. Wireless dongles for both my KB and mouse as well as MS's Xbox controller dongle. I use 'em all constantly and have had no connectivity issues. I use a wireless USB headset a couple hours each day, too. No issues there. Ditto with plugging in my phone to transfer photos and music. I'm not saying there are no issues, but they might be isolated to specific situations. If your system is one of those, it suuuucks, but it might not be something for most people to fret over.
Are all your temps and voltages reading correctly? I've seen many reports of them not reporting after updating.

lopoetve

Fully [H]
Mine was USB headsets shutting off randomly, and drives "stopping" and then having trouble waking up. Generally a "new plugged" device worked fine (phone), but something hooked up long term? Would go to sleep and not wake up.

scajjr29

Weaksauce
Are all your temps and voltages reading correctly? I've seen many reports of them not reporting after updating.

I read the other day (I think on overclock.net) that doing a reset to optimum defaults in the BIOS and rebooting fixed that issue for those who had it.

sam

Mizzer

Limp Gawd
Picked one up from Mug on these boards. Gonna drop a 3900x in it for our youngest going into graphic design.

Domingo

Fully [H]
Are latest BIOS always labeled beta?

I was wondering that, too. There's no "Beta" listing beside the older BIOS listings on their website, but it was there back when they were the latest version.

DejaWiz

Fully [H]
Flashed the latest BIOS - no new issues, but the RGB control problem for two of my Crucial Ballistix RGB modules is still present.

The first set (with no problems) was purchased last September. The second set (with no way to control the RGB) was purchased in March.

After some research, looks to be a Crucial firmware issue with the newer run of modules that is causing problems in some MSI X570 motherboards. No fix yet. They have addressed an RGB control problem with some of the newer Asus MoBos (as of last September), but I can't find anything that fixes this problem for folks with an MSI MoBo).

Crucial M.O.D. won't even launch on my system, so I can't even read the firmware revisions on each RAM module.

Nebulous

[H]ard|Gawd
You know what I noticed? They removed the B-161, but left B-163. Still no official release. HWInfo and Aida both report the same temps, however RM Software is borked and doesn't show either :rolleyes:

msi163.JPG

Still stable @ 4.9Ghz and 1.4v