Metro: Exodus

Why were you surprised with the result then?
I wanted to see the performance myself, I was sorta expecting like around 40 FPS but overall the card itself isn't too bad, a much better experience compared to my last AMD card which was a 5700 XT. Hopefully AMD will provide future updates to their drivers which will improve Raytracing performance.

Been away on business a couple weeks, but now that I'm back, finally found a solution to the broken gamma I was experiencing on my C1 OLED. Blacks were closer to grey, night was like day, really pissing me off as this series has been one of the best on plasmas and OLEDs. Place -deependark in Steam launch options.

Also game is no longer switching to 1080p or something every time it launches, even though it said 2160p in settings. Had to toggle between different resolutions every time I played the game.

I've been working my way through the enhanced edition and wow, the raytracing is insanely impressive and immersive. Previously, I'd rate Cyberpunk as the most impressive graphics I've seen although my RT title exposure has been limited. Like others in the thread, I spend time wandering around admiring the lighting.

I'm only just starting Caspian, but the atmosphere in certain parts is captivating. Two I can think of are when you are rowing your boat into the basement of the Humanimal infested building in Volga, the flickering light from candles/torches, sound of the oars/boat drifting through water in pitch black (flashlight off) and the grunts of the humanimals was so well done. Second is Yamantau, basically all of it.

I've been working my way through the enhanced edition and wow, the raytracing is insanely impressive and immersive. Previously, I'd rate Cyberpunk as the most impressive graphics I've seen although my RT title exposure has been limited. Like others in the thread, I spend time wandering around admiring the lighting.

I'm only just starting Caspian, but the atmosphere in certain parts is captivating. Two I can think of are when you are rowing your boat into the basement of the Humanimal infested building in Volga, the flickering light from candles/torches, sound of the oars/boat drifting through water in pitch black (flashlight off) and the grunts of the humanimals was so well done. Second is Yamantau, basically all of it.
yah, Exodus and especially the EE are gorgeous. EE is the real deal for showing a visually and performance optimized RTX implementation

I've beaten Metro Exodus Enhanced edition twice. That doesn't include that I beat the base game when it was first released.

Hmm... I'm starting to think that I want to play this :D

I've only played original and later versions of 2033. I enjoyed them at the time. Always wanted to play Last Light, and thought about Exodus a little bit. I own all enhanced editions of everything previous to Exodus.

Maybe I'll pick this up when I have some game down-time.

Edit: Come to think of it, I do think I played a bit of Last Light, but I don't really remember much of it. I do have some hours logged in Steam. :D Unless I started it, and left it on the title screen. :p

Hello. It was my topic,it was closed. https://hardforum.com/threads/i-think-my-pc-diying-psu-or-shutdown.2016456/

I left game running for 4 days ( today is 4 day ) non stop and no shutdown. And my question is should i worry about that once shutdown when i was launching game at start advertisement part? Thanks happened 2 weeks ago
No, clearly your system is running stable if it can handle 4 days. Metro Exodus is one of those games that just crashes on startup sometimes, it's the game and not your system.

No, clearly your system is running stable if it can handle 4 days. Metro Exodus is one of those games that just crashes on startup sometimes, it's the game and not your system.
Even when shutdown whole pc? That thing happened first time to me, since i have pc march 2021

Shit happens sometimes. Metro also crashed on me the other day. Another day Control booted up to a mostly black screen where I can only see the outline and then it crashed. And then also Red Dead Redemption after a few hours decided to completely freeze up requiring me to restart the computer. I can go months without any issues and then have crap like that happen in one week.

Shit happens sometimes. Metro also crashed on me the other day. Another day Control booted up to a mostly black screen where I can only see the outline and then it crashed. And then also Red Dead Redemption after a few hours decided to completely freeze up requiring me to restart the computer. I can go months without any issues and then have crap like that happen in one week.
shutdown happened once 2 weeks ago in intro part 30 fps was

oki thxxx so stop worrying about that shutdown once?

Last edited:
Finally completed the game after not playing for a few weeks.

Got the bad ending, didn't even realize there were two endings but thinking back the other members tell you what to do to get the good one, i.e. not shooting the fanatics or pirates etc. I did get the picture of the one characters mom but not sure what else I missed, oh well. Really enjoyed this game, tense action, best graphics I've ever seen (overall, some areas didn't look great) and decent level design. Yamantau was by far the best area IMO.

Finally completed the game after not playing for a few weeks.

Got the bad ending, didn't even realize there were two endings but thinking back the other members tell you what to do to get the good one, i.e. not shooting the fanatics or pirates etc. I did get the picture of the one characters mom but not sure what else I missed, oh well. Really enjoyed this game, tense action, best graphics I've ever seen (overall, some areas didn't look great) and decent level design. Yamantau was by far the best area IMO.

The only game I ever replayed again in my entire life (partially due to subsequent ray tracing implementation). First time I got the bad ending, second time I got a good one. Definitely my all-time favorite story driven FPS franchise.

Hi my new pc.

12900K with NZXT KRAKEN X73

2x16GB DDR4 KINGSTON DDR4 3600MHZ in GEAR 1

RTX 3090 Ti Gigabyte Gaming

Aorus Z690 Elite DDR4 bios F5

SSD 1 TB NVM PCIE

I went from Aorus Z490 and 10850K to 12900K and Aorus Z690 Elite DDR4.

So problem is that only in MAIN MENU gpu usage is fluctuating like crazy - between 75% to 95% and lagging. Temps are fine. When i load a game usage is stable 95-99%.

But on my previous 10850K i had stable gpu usage 99% in main menu. So why not now in main menu only? thanks

I am using 1440P ultra,DLSS QUALITY,Ray tracing ULTRA.

found it
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/riwhyo/metro_exodus_enhanced_edition_seems_to_have_a/

Something with e cores?

Last edited:
I went from Aorus Z490 and 10850K to 12900K and Aorus Z690 Elite DDR4.

So problem is that only in MAIN MENU gpu usage is fluctuating like crazy - between 75% to 95% and lagging. Temps are fine. When i load a game usage is stable 95-99%.

But on my previous 10850K i had stable gpu usage 99% in main menu. So why not now in main menu only? thanks

you upgraded your CPU and you're still having all these issues?...you seem to be obsessed with every little issue...I said it another thread but changing your hardware to the latest and greatest won't help you as you seem to look for problems and will never be happy with performance

you upgraded your CPU and you're still having all these issues?...you seem to be obsessed with every little issue...I said it another thread but changing your hardware to the latest and greatest won't help you as you seem to look for problems and will never be happy with performance
only in metro main menu.Also i am happy with performance in games

Unfortunately, he has a history on various forums going back a decade when I looked... I don't think his personality will allow him to just enjoy his hardware and games :(.

Someone said:"
No such problems on my 12900K and 3090 and Metro Exodus main menu. E cores enabled no issues. 1080p max settings and DLSS is not active and full 99% usage at both 400W capped TDP limit and unlimited TDP (tops out at 590W TDP).
What's the power draw being reported at?"

So why he have 99% usage and me not?

No such problems on my 12900K and 3090 and Metro Exodus main menu. E cores enabled no issues. 1080p max settings and DLSS is not active and full 99% usage at both 400W capped TDP limit and unlimited TDP (tops out at 590W TDP).

Stop. Posting.

You shouldn't be worrying about hardware usage in menus if the game runs fine. Turn off the monitoring software and just enjoy your games.

Hey guys update. I tested 3dmark port royal, 3dmark firestrike ,physic test, time spy physic test and scores are accurate for 12900K and 3090 ti. So its ok i think.

Last edited:
I wanted to finish this game, got pretty far but started getting crashes constantly. Then I moved to the Enhanced Edition or whatever and it deleted a lot of my progress, so I had to go back pretty far. Never really picked it back up after that.

I haven't been on the forum in a few months but I just stopped in. Glad to see mgty23 hasn't changed their feeling that their PC is going to blow at any time.

Are you asking why your new system is not using 99% of something while doing nothing in a menu ?

Can I ask why would you care ?
Who uses a 3090 for 1080 and 1440?
And.....why give two shits about the menu screen?
Damn.....
Not only giving much thought about menu screen but even more so when things seem to go to the good direction (less usage on near idle)....

I would give a 60% change that it is a troll account.

Hey guys update. I tested 3dmark port royal, 3dmark firestrike ,physic test, time spy physic test and scores are accurate for 12900K and 3090 ti. So its ok i think.
Thanks for the update. Did you resolve why PC shutdown during intro movies? Because launching game "400 times" to try to reproduce issue is not enough. 1200 is minimum (1800 recommended). Do you not take troubleshooting seriously?

1652219145807.png

so the game only has issues in the Main Menu and you're paranoid about it?...no issues during the game itself or when running any benchmarks?...is there a therapist in Poland you can visit?

That is more than just basic modding. Wondering if they are planning to license this engine out and compete with Epic and Unity.

Back