Love your socket 754?

Finally got around putting the 370 watt Enermax Noisetaker that has been sitting on my desk into my machine. 2400mhz at 1.65 volts. What a difference a decent power supply makes. Its getting pretty hot though, 53C under load.

So I gave in and ordered a 3700+ clawhammer from newegg today. I'll join the club by next weekend.

umm... you should let non members view the forum...... making it registration only to view is a bad idea I think...

just my opinion... but many people lurk and join when they see something that interests them.

Yashu said:
umm... you should let non members view the forum...... making it registration only to view is a bad idea I think...

just my opinion... but many people lurk and join when they see something that interests them.

Registration only takes a moment and keeps people who want nothing but to flame to a minimum.

iNViSiGOD said:
Registration only takes a moment and keeps people who want nothing but to flame to a minimum.

That or makes people who are tired of having to register for every fricking web page just to view something, decide it's not worth the trouble. ^_^

ashmedai said:
That or makes people who are tired of having to register for every fricking web page just to view something, decide it's not worth the trouble. ^_^

Were small enough that were under the radar as is, those interested will log in and look around, its made to cater to a select crowd. If enough people show interest then well open the gates to allow guests to view the topics. At this point the forum is in its beta stages and is viewable only to those willing to sign up.

I joined on the forum linked, I dunno if i have to do anything else to be a member of the S754 Club on HardOCP. Count me in if need be.

enelson125 said:
I joined on the forum linked, I dunno if i have to do anything else to be a member of the S754 Club on HardOCP. Count me in if need be.

Just be either a 754 owner. Mostly 64 754 owners there. And you need to be a member of the 754 club.

found it funny how the 939 pin people started a copied of this thread

i actually think i had an ati rage 128. but back on topic, we need more people to join the s754 forum. and even though theyve made copycat clubs, they wont last as long as we do.

iNViSiGOD said:
Just be either a 754 owner. Mostly 64 754 owners there. And you need to be a member of the 754 club.

Well, of course I have a Socket 754 Athlon64, I wouldn't want to join otherwise. I kinda worded that post poorly. So count me in. Sry, I was tired and it was late when i posted that first one.

I got a 3400+ newark on the way so that will be my 3rd 754 processor... 1 will just need a home. Man I can't wait for it to arrive!

sKiDmArK said:
I got a 3400+ newark on the way so that will be my 3rd 754 processor... 1 will just need a home. Man I can't wait for it to arrive!

where are you getting it from?

Indeed. I would like to know where Newarks are or have been availible. It would be nice to put such info in the first post of the thread.

sKiDmArK said:
ill give it a good home ;)
send it my way

representing

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Newcastle Integrated into Chip FSB 512KB L2 Cache Socket 754 Processor

tsuehpsyde said:
Onto other 754 news, I found this on the egg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103464

That's right, 3700+, retail boxed, $264 with free shipping. God I wish a reason to get that CPU. :p 2.4GHz with 1MB cache...4000+ with a ~5% difference? For like half the cost? Gotta love 754.

I can't wait for newegg to start selling in Canada (will happen later this year). I don't know how Tigerdirect.ca can justify $445 CDN for the same CPU.
Come to think of it, $264 US is a lot less than the cheapest AMD dual core which is supposed to come out at $345 US.

Back