Supreme [H]ardness
Venice on socket 754!!!
3000+ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103606
3200+ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103009

4000+ Newark!!!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819104257

First Official Competition!
Highest HTT on a socket 754 board!

I want to see how many megatransfers you guys can pump through those HT links!

As it stands, the ranks are as follows:
Code:
1.  [COLOR=ORANGE]Mathot[/COLOR] -           [B]438[/B]
2.  [COLOR=ORANGE](cf)Eclipse[/COLOR] -      [B]433[/B]
3.  [COLOR=ORANGE]robberbaron[/COLOR] -      [B]432[/B]
4.  [COLOR=ORANGE]BitchBreaker[/COLOR] -     [B]401[/B]
5.  [COLOR=ORANGE]fakemoonlanding[/color] -  [B]370[/B]
6.  [COLOR=ORANGE]grahamf[/COLOR] -          [B]363[/B]
7.  [COLOR=ORANGE]uzum4ki[/COLOR] -          [B]346[/B]
8.  [COLOR=ORANGE]tsuehpsyde[/COLOR] -       [B]345[/B]
9.  [COLOR=ORANGE]Nuc E[/COLOR] -            [B]335[/B]
10. [COLOR=ORANGE]CCUABIDExORxDIE[/COLOR] -  [B]330[/B]
Get out there and get the HTT's! I want a CPU-Z verification and a screenshot if possible. Screenshot isnt totally necessary, but it helps me skim through.

A word of advice... use the 2.5x LDT multi for best results.

------------------------------------------

Membership:
Think you've got what it takes? Well, we want you! The socket 754 club, or the s754 club as we so lovingly refer to it as, is looking for those who can't get enough of that performance/dollar ratio....and single channel memory. :p And as their "PR dude" it's my job to get recruits....now who wants in on this ownage? :D Just PM me to add you into the list, and just put that you're a member of the s754 club in your sig, and you're set.

Current "Higher Ups":
-------------------------------
(cf)Eclipse: El Presidente
robberbaron: Vice President(e)
CCUABIDExORxDIE: Secretary
tsuehpsyde: PR dude

Current Members:
--------------------------
Borgschulze
splinter3k
x_dreamer
jordan12
diablo111
Nuc_E
compslckr
Juan Sanchez
ATIIsBetter
coolie_d
mjz_5
Woofer00
dabiggoober
tw0_f0ur_
Snobok
aZn_plyR
70 Polara
icthus13
sKiDmArK
Mojo3k70
fuelvolts
apHytHiaTe
ninethreeeleven
jstnomega
Unknown-One
honkee
Aku12
purefun65
4b5eN+EE
Kolya
Socrilles17
bob_the_frog
Cryptic
Pooky
o0akoni0o
herbs97
shiffero
p0stal
TheAmazingXemo
bendit
Skrying
Tetrahedron
umcpgrad
Linuxtim
PNut12345
Drucifer
OEM
LeArN2LiVe
Sparrow_69
Peach
TrashBear
sdgserv
pstang
ranger0900
Qwertyman
jlinker
darc
CAD OC'er
buzzard34
TekieB
Toonage
BigDaddy85
sabrewolf732
sarbz
asciibaron
.Euphoria
noobtech
DragonNOA1
quadnad
Dark_fire
BitchBreaker
Solar
Silent Assasin
Ju$tice
grahamf
Emission
uzum4ki
I(illa Bee
jamesrb
BigMacAttack
mercedes-benz
L1ght
Xilikon
amdbldr
BR3T
fakemoonlanding
lich
pyro34
unclewebb
kytprice
Mr. Stryker
cirial
Zoogle
Jeeper94
DarkSide50420
GreenMonkey
W4ngsta
DedEmbryonicCe11
deadken
HenrII
ENGL3R
Ockie
jflail2
Gusty987
White0ut442
amd7674
Desdichado
OFaceSIG
BanDeodorant

Last edited:
Technically till I get my Zalman 7000B-AlCu I am part of the S370 Celeron club :rolleyes:

When do we get the case badges and Bawls? :D

:p

i'll try to think of some fun activities.. like trying to run a superPI 16m in 13:37 :D

Consider me in and proud ;) I just built my S754 system Thursday night, I cannot argue with $160 for this kind of performance ($68 for the mobo and $91 for the CPU). My initial testing shows it within 5% of my LGA775 PIV but now I idle at 27 instead of 44 degrees and can run with 2 fewer fans.

can i join up? stock at 1.8ghz w/ 1 mb cache (clawhammer), and running at about 2.2ghz. also im rolling on dubs w/ windows x64 bit and mosly only installing 64 bit apps

Yes, our only requirement is that in your sig you put that you're a member of the s754 club. If you wanna show support with a 754-4-life tat, that's cool...be creative in your expressions. :D

My father-in-law is a head tech for CompUSA and gave me that Asus K8V SE/3200+ bundle for X-Mas last year. Bought a VNF3-250 from Chiefvalue.com for $55 shipped on Friday, and I've got a Zalman7000ALCU already. We'll get this newcastle 3200+ up to speed before next Friday is out, and I'll likely get a newark on her before the year is over. Dual core has my interest, but I'm perfectly satisfied with my 754 chip right now.

GodsMadClown said:
My father-in-law is a head tech for CompUSA and gave me that Asus K8V SE/3200+ bundle for X-Mas last year. Bought a VNF3-250 from Chiefvalue.com for $55 shipped on Friday, and I've got a Zalman7000ALCU already. We'll get this newcastle 3200+ up to speed before next Friday is out, and I'll likely get a newark on her before the year is over. Dual core has my interest, but I'm perfectly satisfied with my 754 chip right now.

Is that a "Yes, I'd like in." or a "I love my 754 but I mock your faces!" post? :p

tsuehpsyde said:
Is that a "Yes, I'd like in." or a "I love my 754 but I mock your faces!" post? :p

I'll be a member I guess, but I'm not putting stuff in my sig. I'm not a system spec bragging sorta guy. I'm a total bang/buck sorta guy.

GodsMadClown said:
I'll be a member I guess, but I'm not putting stuff in my sig. I'm not a system spec bragging sorta guy. I'm a total bang/buck sorta guy.

The exact reason you should put it in your sig. People will be like "Hmm....this guy is thrifty." :D

GodsMadClown said:

Socket 754 is the definition of Bang/Buck.

aight im in. we should have some contests, like sisandra arithmatic, pi, somthing fun like that.

I would love to be "in". I adore my Clawhammer. :D

And would be proud to put my membership advertisement in my sig.
:D

x_dreamer said:
aight im in. we should have some contests, like sisandra arithmatic, pi, somthing fun like that.

Eclipse would win everytime so only lidded CPUs can compete :p

I love my s754 (see sig), count me in...exactly what do you want in the sig? :D

Bah! Fedex has all my stuff and I won't be able to get it until I get back to Missouri on Monday.

I will love my s754.

I'm in.

Nuc_E said:
Bah! Fedex has all my stuff and I won't be able to get it until I get back to Missouri on Monday.

I will love my s754.

What did you order? That 2600+ system? I didnt even know they had Sempron 2600's on S754.

edit: I see. 1.6ghz. Iiiiiinteresting. Well, shoot for 8x300 :D

robberbaron said:
What did you order? That 2600+ system? I didnt even know they had Sempron 2600's on S754.

edit: I see. 1.6ghz. Iiiiiinteresting. Well, shoot for 8x300 :D

2400? 2600 or BUST ;) .

The only thing that bums me out about my setup is, my mobo's top voltage setting is my 3000+ Newcastles' default voltage...I can't really overclock with it :(

BUT...the performance I get at stock speeds kicks ass, so I don't worry about it much :)

diablo111 said:
The only thing that bums me out about my setup is, my mobo's top voltage setting is my 3000+ Newcastles' default voltage...I can't really overclock with it :(

BUT...the performance I get at stock speeds kicks ass, so I don't worry about it much :)

You wouldnt want to OC with that board anyways. As I understand it, its bus locks are rather... nonexistant. Only the Platinum K8N Neo has working SATA/PCI/AGP locks.

Hey S754 guys, I have a quick question.

Since every 754 CPU Ive seen has the FSB integrated, it will work on a board that has an 800MHz Hyper Transport FSB... right? Or even a 1066MHz HT FSB?

Thanks guys!

JonMichael said:
Hey S754 guys, I have a quick question.

Since every 754 CPU Ive seen has the FSB integrated, it will work on a board that has an 800MHz Hyper Transport FSB... right? Or even a 1066MHz HT FSB?

Thanks guys!

Err, Socket 754 cpus and the S939 3400+ have 4x200 HTT's. If you want to run at 1066, you could just OC to 4x266 though there is no performance benefit from 800 to 1066. Nor is there a performance hit from 800 to 400. Hypertransport is... a lot different from the traditional FSB.

But there is nothing that defaults to 1066 MT/s. It's just not an official specification.

Sorry, I was not clear at all.

What I meant was if my S754 CPU has on integrated FSB and does not have HT will it work with a board that DOES have HT support and an 800MHz FSB.

Thanks a ton for your time man.

JonMichael said:
Sorry, I was not clear at all.

What I meant was if my S754 CPU has on integrated FSB and does not have HT will it work with a board that DOES have HT support and an 800MHz FSB.

Thanks a ton for your time man.

What are you talking about? The "integrated FSB" means it uses Hypertransport to talk to the chipset.

JonMichael said:
Sorry, I guess Im just lost. I had the order that things were communicated in confused.

Alright, I think I got it now.

CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16819103485
Mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16813180061

This should make it all clear now:

There are better diagrams, but I was too lazy to find them so I drew one.

AND FOR GOD'S SAKE DO NOT BUY THAT MOTHERBOARD!

It's absolutely hell on a PCB. Get a Lanparty instead. Much more stable and reliable than Shitek.

if your on more of a budget, check out the vnf3-250, its a great ocing board, not as good as the dfi lanparty, but its a solid board. ive seen the vnf3-250 and a 2800+ sempy hit 2.6ghz easy

so, shall us members start posting our sandra or pi scores? i think that'd be fun

Back