LG 48CX

Also I'm running it in 200% scale. Anyways to reduce the cursor size ?

How far away are you sitting? I'm using a 43" 16:9 at 3.5' to 4' and 125% seems to work well for most things scaling wise. At 40" to 48" viewing distances I think you'd be in the 45 to 50 degree optimal viewing angle with a 48" CX. I'd lean more toward 50 degree but using multiple monitors I might roll my island desk back a little farther to 45. With the ppi of a 48" 4k at my same ~48" viewing distance I think I might even be able to get away with 1:1 100% scaling, 125% at most. I can scale my 3rd party file browser (directory opus) and my web browsers and chat apps on the fly to tweak them but my menu bars, contextual/right click menus and graphics app tools and interfaces etc are all dependent on the default scaling.

The main two standards in the commercial world SMPTE and THX specifications as summarized in the diagram​

http://www.acousticfrontiers.com/2013314viewing-angles/

yPx0f8V.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------

This is my own rule of thumb I came up with:

A7gEgdY.png

Last edited:
I also have 5.5 hz even without cap, on my 55cx and a 3080.
I have the .26 firmware on the tv and the last nvidia driver (the hotfix).
I really the next week we will be able to play 4k 120 fps without stutter.
do you have active instant gaming response or and free sync?

I have a 43" 4k samsung on each side of my gaming monitor. I had to stand close to the IR sensor with my body blocking the line of sight to the other screen when I first set them up but once they were on the same page it was actually more convenient to operate them at the same time off of a single remote, mostly just to turn them on and off.

You could get an IR repeater. They have an IR sensor that sends the signal using wireless radio signals to a repeater unit you keep at/in front of the TV. Theoretically you could have the sensor in a different direction from your wife so her remote isn't pointing anywhere toward your computer screen. She'd just have to get used to pointing at the repeater's sensor instead of at the tv itself.

You could also mask/tape or otherwise cover the IR sensor on your monitor so it can't receive those signals at all. You could use black marker on a few layers of painter's tape which is less abusive to the screen's sensor plastic if you end up removing it someday. Otherwise you could cut a little square of velcro base and apply it to each side of the sensor, then put a strip of the other side of the velcro across the whole sensor. You could stick something to the back of that velcro peice too, like a slat of plastic, black wood, or flat black cupboard/tool drawer material that comes in rolls. That way you could easily remove and replace the cover if you ever wanted to use the IR on your screen.

Of course this doesn't work for things that use radio signals rather than IR. A lot of things that use radio have an antenna wire throughout the body or frame so it wouldn't be feasible to mask those off. However most screens still use IR. Some set top stuff like consoles and nvidia shields, logitech remote control systems, etc. use wireless though for example.
Ya not telling my wife how to point the remote :p We use a harmony which sends IR so should be good. Where exactly is the sensor on the CX?

Are you constantly on that 118fps cap framerate wise? I'd suspect gsync not working at all, just a tear- and stutterfree experience due to the high fps and refresh rate..
I always have VSync enabled. With G-SYNC disabled, the game stutters even at a locked 118 fps (and stutters worse at lower values). With G-SYNC enabled, 118 fps is smooth like 120 fps VSync. So G-SYNC is definitely working.

I always have VSync enabled. With G-SYNC disabled, the game stutters even at a locked 118 fps (and stutters worse at lower values). With G-SYNC enabled, 118 fps is smooth like 120 fps VSync. So G-SYNC is definitely working.
so you use vsync and gsync at the same time ?

https://blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101-input-lag-tests-and-settings/

"Upon its release, G-SYNC’s ability to fall back on fixed refresh rate V-SYNC behavior when exceeding the maximum refresh rate of the display was built-in and non-optional. A 2015 driver update later exposed the option.

This update led to recurring confusion, creating a misconception that G-SYNC and V-SYNC are entirely separate options. However, with G-SYNC enabled, the “Vertical sync” option in the control panel no longer acts as V-SYNC, and actually dictates whether,
one, the G-SYNC module compensates for frametime variances output by the system (which prevents tearing at all times. G-SYNC + V-SYNC “Off” disables this behavior; see
G-SYNC 101: Range),
and two, whether G-SYNC falls back on fixed refresh rate V-SYNC behavior; if V-SYNC is “On,” G-SYNC will revert to V-SYNC behavior above its range, if V-SYNC is “Off,” G-SYNC will disable above its range, and tearing will begin display wide.

Within its range, G-SYNC is the only syncing method active, no matter the V-SYNC “On” or “Off” setting.

Currently, when G-SYNC is enabled, the control panel’s “Vertical sync” entry is automatically engaged to “Use the 3D application setting,” which defers V-SYNC fallback behavior and frametime compensation control to the in-game V-SYNC option. This can be manually overridden by changing the “Vertical sync” entry in the control panel to “Off,” “On,” or “Fast.” "

---------------------------------------------------

https://blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101-input-lag-tests-and-settings/2/

Exceeds G-SYNC Range

G-SYNC + V-SYNC “Off”:
..G-SYNC disengages, tearing begins display wide, no frame delay is added.

G-SYNC + V-SYNC “On”:

..G-SYNC reverts to V-SYNC behavior when it can no longer adjust the refresh rate to the framerate,
2-6 frames (typically 2 frames; approximately an additional 33.2ms @60 Hz, 20ms @100 Hz, 13.8ms @144 Hz, etc) of delay is added as rendered frames begin to over-queue in both buffers, ultimately delaying their appearance on-screen.

Within G-SYNC Range

The tearing inside the G-SYNC range with V-SYNC “Off” is caused by sudden frametime variances output by the system, which will vary in severity and frequency depending on both the efficiency of the given game engine, and the system’s ability (or inability) to deliver consistent frametimes.

G-SYNC + V-SYNC “Off”
... disables the G-SYNC module’s ability to compensate for sudden frametime variances, meaning, instead of aligning the next frame scan to the next scanout (the process that physically draws each frame, pixel by pixel, left to right, top to bottom on-screen), G-SYNC + V-SYNC “Off” will opt to start the next frame scan in the current scanout instead. This results in simultaneous delivery of more than one frame in a single scanout (tearing).

Without frametime compensation,
G-SYNC functionality with V-SYNC “Off” is effectively “Adaptive G-SYNC,” and should be avoided for a tear-free experience.

G-SYNC + V-SYNC “On”:
...This is how G-SYNC was originally intended to function. Unlike G-SYNC + V-SYNC “Off,” G-SYNC + V-SYNC “On” allows the G-SYNC module to compensate for sudden frametime variances by adhering to the scanout, which ensures the affected frame scan will complete in the current scanout before the next frame scan and scanout begin. This eliminates tearing within the G-SYNC range, in spite of the frametime variances encountered.

Frametime compensation with V-SYNC “On” is performed during the vertical blanking interval (the span between the previous and next frame scan), and, as such, does not delay single frame delivery within the G-SYNC range and is recommended for a tear-free experience

----------------------------
<... end of Blurbusters.com quotes...>

So as long as you cap your frame rate around 3 fps below the max Hz of your screen (using rivatuner or an in game frame limiter) you should never go over the max Hz and therefore never revert to v-sync on the top end.

Hopefully you would keep a frame rate average that keeps it's low end well above the 40Hz g-sync/VRR bottom limit of the LG CX displays too. That would probably mean a graph something like this:
(43fps) 58fps <<<< 73fpsHz >>>> 88fpsHz (103)
The extremes in parenthesis might vary from game to game allowing a somewhat lower frame rate average while still staying above the 40Hz limit. Some games stay more like +/-15fps from average rather than +/- 30fps for example. If you dropped below you'd just revert back to v-sync getting more input lag of 2 frames or more. So more input lag and also a very clunky or molasses like frame rate at those lows so in my opinion you should always try to stay above the lower VRR limit if possible. I try to achieve 100fps-Hz average to get into the 40 - 50% blur reduction and 5:3 to 2:1 motion definition range for 2/3 of the graph.

Last edited:
Well I just picked up a q80t to test before deciding on the CX. Mostly out of fear of burn in. To hell with it. Ill buy one every year or two.
I have had it plugged in for about an hour hate it. It is going back to best buy this weekend. Placing CX48 order as we speak....

This thing looks worse than the 2018 q60fn in my living room that made me want to try a QLED before taking the plunge into oled.. It is washed out and appears to have a horizontal grid pattern. That is very noticeable in the desktop.

Tested HDR in doom eternal and it. looked like shit. Washed out with no pop. Turned on game mode... putrid shit. Oh and turning on gsync hard locked my 1080ti.
My old triple monitor Dell 2408s had better color.

Ugh. :(

Edit: CX will be delivered Friday.

Last edited:
Anyone know when BB will get the 48" in stock? I want to buy from BB because of the burn in warranty. Been watching their site for the last 2 weeks, no stock

According to someone else in this thread, the squaretrade or some of the big box store's warranties cover burn in too but I have no proof of that. The only personal claim of the warranty coming through in this thread was I believe about a LG B8 OLED with burn in being replaced with a newer model a few years in on a bestbuy warranty.

BestBuy did have the 48" CX available to order to store for quite awhile but yes they are out of stock right now.

I've been waiting for november TV deals but also for firmware updates once the 3000 series gpus came out showing bugs in the CX. Hopefully it will get cleared up by the time some better OLED deals show up next month. A price drop would help vs 8.75% taxes here (and maybe even some of the warranty cost) for my total out of pocket not the current sticker price+ all of that. The 48" size and demand might end up not having very hot deals or any deals at all though. If I have to I'll get a 55" and make it work with modified viewing distance, if the price is right.

For example if there is a hot 55" deal for ~ 1200 + 105 tax + 189 2yr warranty ~~~> $ 1494
and if the 48" is still 1500+131tax+189 2yr warranty (329 for 5 yr is kind of pricey) ~> $1820

If I was sure squaretrade or a big box store like sam's club's warranty was solid for burn in I'd prob go that route instead of best buy's. I'd prob not even bother with warranty if I hadn't heard that bestbuy's covers burn in. I wasn't expecting to hear that.

According to someone else in this thread, the squaretrade or some of the big box store's warranties cover burn in too but I have no proof of that. The only personal claim of the warranty coming through in this thread was I believe about a LG B8 OLED with burn in being replaced with a newer model a few years in on a bestbuy warranty.

BestBuy did have the 48" CX available to order to store for quite awhile but yes they are out of stock right now.

I've been waiting for november TV deals but also for firmware updates once the 3000 series gpus came out showing bugs in the CX. Hopefully it will get cleared up by the time some better OLED deals show up next month. A price drop would help vs 8.75% taxes here (and maybe even some of the warranty cost) for my total out of pocket not the current sticker price+ all of that. The 48" size and demand might end up not having very hot deals or any deals at all though. If I have to I'll get a 55" and make it work with modified viewing distance, if the price is right.

For example if there is a hot 55" deal for ~ 1200 + 105 tax + 189 2yr warranty ~~~> $ 1494
and if the 48" is still 1500+131tax+189 2yr warranty (329 for 5 yr is kind of pricey) ~> $1820

If I was sure squaretrade or a big box store like sam's club's warranty was solid for burn in I'd prob go that route instead of best buy's. I'd prob not even bother with warranty if I hadn't heard that bestbuy's covers burn in. I wasn't expecting to hear that.
55"? Man you'd have to sit like atleast 5' back...

Nah you don't neccesarily..

I'm at a little over 2' (70cm) from a 55" for desktop use and about 3' to 4' (90-120cm) for relaxed (gamepad) gaming (leaning back in my office chair and putting my feet on the table).

Playing FPS shooters though is very borderline at 2'..

The 48CX surely is the better size for desktop use and FPS keyboard+mouse gaming, but for relaxed, lean back posture the 55 actually is pretty perfect.

The 55CX is about a 1080p 27" (x4) experience PPI wise and the 48" is about a 1080p 24" (x4) experience. Non-issue in games though at 4k (imho).

More like 3.8 to 4' (minimum), so yes up to 8 inch farther away than 40" so around a (4 foot) 48" viewing distance... but not 24" farther away at 60" viewing distance like you saying at 5 foot away.

It seems like if you subtract about 1/6th of the monitor's diagonal size you get a rough estimate of a reasonable "nearest" viewing distance to work from. (rough "nearest" estimate, not necessarily "best" distance).

Monitor size divided by 6 , times 5 = viewing distance
------------------------------------------------------------------------
15" = 12.5" (around 1')
27" = 22.5" (a bit under 2')
32" = 26.6" (a few inch past 2')
43" = 35.8" (about 3')

48" = 40" viewing distance (or greater)
55" = 45.8" (3.8' - 4')
65" = 54.16" (4.5')
70" = 58.33" (4.86' - 5')

This is a 48" compared to a 55".

ziadAIc.png

45 to 50 degree optimal viewing angle ... at which distance the perceived pixel density is much greater and probably at the limit of 1:1 (no scaling) at 4k resolution

The main two standards in the commercial world SMPTE and THX specifications as summarized in the diagram​

http://www.acousticfrontiers.com/2013314viewing-angles/

394389_yPx0f8V.gif

Last edited:
Costco have them but it's the Allstate warranty. I think that is square trade? No good. 48" is already too large, I fear a 55" has less pixel density, and is way too big for my desk. I was going to use it primarily for a monitor then a gaming monitor. Read all the threads for the past 2 weeks. It's been a steep learning curve. The most important things I have learned and remember are :
1. Buy the 48" with the Fitueyes stand.
2. Don't use PC mode, rather choose game console and do some chroma subsampling, so as to get 4k @ 120hz. (Or use that club 3d adapter?)
3. Use native apps to watch any HDR or Dolby vision content. Not the web browser
4. Do a pixel refresh every night before bed? Or play lots of moving content after a static session?
5. Standard mode looks too bluish, so use expert with warm 2 mode. Gamma 2.2, HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color, Instant game mode on.
6. Wait to buy a GTX 2.1, till they iron out flickering bugs?

correct me if I am wrong.

I've been reading your posts throughout the last 10 pages of this thread and it seems like you are getting more to work than most. Just to verify, You are able to get 4:4:4 10 bit WITH and without HDR Gsync working smoothly all the way up to 120 FPS?

I'm doing all of my testing with Destiny 2 at the moment. Without HDR I can have all those settings and everything is smooth except for between 111-119. With HDR I can't even get smooth in the 90s. I've tried unchecking that enable hardware checkbox in the gsyc settings area as you recommended, but that made everything WAY worse. Trying to figure out what I'm missing that's giving you all successful results, but I can't get smooth gameplay no matter what combo of settings I try.

Edit: I'm on .25 firmware btw. RTX 3090. Zeskit 6 foot 8k cable
Edit 2: I did more testing, and with disable fullscreen optimization checked I'm able to get smooth HDR in 444 10bit with all fps except 111-119.

Last edited:
My eyes are 3.5 feet from this 55" q80 that I'm using until my cx 48 comes in.

I have to lean back and look up to see the top of the screen. It would be a little better if I wall mounted it and dropped it to keyboard level.

With a wall mount and scooting the desk back a bit. It would be fine.
I don't think I will have to scoot my desk back with the cx48 after I wall mount it.

I would definitely recommend the 48". The height difference is almost 3.5" less.

I've been reading your posts throughout the last 10 pages of this thread and it seems like you are getting more to work than most. Just to verify, You are able to get 4:4:4 10 bit WITH and without HDR Gsync working smoothly all the way up to 120 FPS?

I'm doing all of my testing with Destiny 2 at the moment. Without HDR I can have all those settings and everything is smooth except for between 111-119. With HDR I can't even get smooth in the 90s. I've tried unchecking that enable hardware checkbox in the gsyc settings area as you recommended, but that made everything WAY worse. Trying to figure out what I'm missing that's giving you all successful results, but I can't get smooth gameplay no matter what combo of settings I try.

Edit: I'm on .25 firmware btw. RTX 3090. Zeskit 6 foot 8k cable
Also note that when people say they don't notice stutter, they're either they're not playing fast paced FPS type games, they're eyes just can't tell, or they're in denial. I've done every combination w/ my 3080, Zeskit cable, and CX.

Also note that when people say they don't notice stutter, they're either they're not playing fast paced FPS type games, they're eyes just can't tell, or they're in denial. I've done every combination w/ my 3080, Zeskit cable, and CX.
Are you saying you are in the same boat as me? That's bittersweet to hear. That it's possibly not me doing it wrong, but also means it's currently not fixable.

So I did more testing and am able to get smooth gameplay at all fps, even in 444 10 bit hdr, except for 111-119. So I figured if I change my refresh rate to 100 in nvcp then I would never hit that range and could be fine until new firmware. But for some reason with that combo, I now end up with stutters in the 90s range, while that range was fine while at 120hz. Doesn't make any sense to me.

So what settings are you using to act as the best possible experience until new firmware is released?

Either it was stutter or gsync acting wonky but COD MW BR never felt smooth to me regardless of the settings I tried.

I've never felt CODWZ was smooth either, but my testing has been with Destiny 2, which was definitely smooth with my x27. So Have you picked settings that make other games besides COD smooth?

I always run 4K 120 Hz 10-bit RGB with HDR & G-SYNC (Display Specific settings unchecked) enabled on the desktop and in games. I enable Vsync in-game, and use the in-game fps limiter or NVCP to cap the frame rate to 118.

For G-SYNC to work, you must first enable G-SYNC with Display Specific settings checked, hit Apply, uncheck Display Specific settings, and hit Apply again. You must do this every time the display turns off. If you directly enable G-SYNC with Display Specific settings unchecked, it won't work.

When G-SYNC is working, the CX says VRR and the Hz value should be locked to 5.5 or 5.4 at 118 fps.

There should be no performance hit with HDR enabled. You probably have a software / driver issue.

Last edited:
Except that it starts stuttering at 118 fps when I disable G-SYNC. I'm testing CS: GO and Dota 2. Panning the camera with the arrow keys in Dota 2 is an easy test for stutter and tearing.

120+ fps No Vsync + No G-SYNC = Smooth, Tearing, No Input Lag
120 fps Vsync + No G-SYNC = Smooth, No Tearing, Input Lag
120 fps Vsync + G-SYNC = Smooth, No Tearing, Input Lag
118 fps No Vsync + No G-SYNC = Smooth, Tearing, No Input Lag
118 fps Vsync + No G-SYNC = Stutter, No Tearing, Input Lag
118 fps Vsync + G-SYNC = Smooth, No Tearing, No Input Lag

Last edited:
Except that it starts stuttering at 118 fps when I disable G-SYNC. I'm testing CS: GO and Dota 2. Panning the camera with the arrow keys in Dota 2 is an easy test for stutter and tearing.

120+ fps No Vsync + No G-SYNC = Smooth, Tearing, No Input Lag
120 fps Vsync + No G-SYNC = Smooth, No Tearing, Input Lag
120 fps Vsync + G-SYNC = Smooth, No Tearing, Input Lag
118 fps No Vsync + No G-SYNC = Smooth, Tearing, No Input Lag
118 fps Vsync + No G-SYNC = Stutter, No Tearing, Input Lag
118 fps Vsync + G-SYNC = Smooth, No Tearing, No Input Lag
Depending on your GPU, CS:GO and Dota are both very easy to run games at 4k 120. They would likely run hundreds of fps higher if unlocked. Have you tested this in any more demanding games that would actually fluctuate in fps because of variation in performance demand? What GPU do you have?

Depending on your GPU, CS:GO and Dota are both very easy to run games at 4k 120. They would likely run hundreds of fps higher if unlocked. Have you tested this in any more demanding games that would actually fluctuate in fps because of variation in performance demand? What GPU do you have?
Ya, the real test of Gsync is SUB refresh rate frames. Vsync gets rid of tearing, and Gsync gets rid of stutter. But at 118 or 120 fps with a game running with solid frametimes, you'll hardly notice stutter; Gsync on or off

The reason 100+ fps stutter is so noticeable right now on the CX is because Gsync is bugged and giving us a different type of stutter than your typical Vsync stutter. The other time stutter is very noticeable is stressful games with wildly inconsistent frametimes. Games like CS:GO or Dota don't fit that bill. You can see the Gsync stutter here:

https://twitter.com/headphoneninja/status/1315067792664784902?s=20

I haven't seen anyone else on this thread, reddit, or other forums, having success with ANY 4:4:4 10bit Gsync. So for most of us, we're just going to have to wait. Gsync is introducing stutter at all framerates right now, it's just more noticeable at 100+. The only way to completely fix it is 4:2:0 8bit

https://twitter.com/anfernee80/status/1314955572832329729?s=20

Last edited:
Ya, the real test of Gsync is SUB refresh rate frames. Vsync gets rid of tearing, and Gsync gets rid of stutter. But at 118 or 120 fps with a game running with solid frametimes, you'll hardly notice stutter; Gsync on or off

The reason 100+ fps stutter is so noticeable right now on the CX is because Gsync is bugged and giving us a different type of stutter than your typical Vsync stutter. The other time stutter is very noticeable is stressful games with wildly inconsistent frametimes. Games like CS:GO or Dota don't fit that bill

https://twitter.com/headphoneninja/status/1315067792664784902?s=20

I haven't seen anyone else on this thread, reddit, or other forums, having success with ANY 4:4:4 10bit Gsync. So for most of us, we're just going to have to wait. Gsync is introducing stutter at all framerates right now, it's just more noticeable at 100+. The only way to completely fix it is 4:2:0 8bit

https://twitter.com/anfernee80/status/1314955572832329729?s=20
This sums up very well what I felt the conclusion was after all my reading and testing, but I wanted to make sure I exhausted all possibilities of it working right now. Thanks for the reply.

I'm just going to increase my games render resolutions so they sit at a steady 70-100 now. I've tried fps limiters via nvcp, riva, and in-game, and for me that seems to add an entirely different type of stutter. Lol

So, basically, the CX48 is G-Sync incompatible now.
G-Sync half works. For me it's smooth at all frames except 111-119. Others report stutters outside of that range as well. But whichever of those two situations is the case for each user, the fact is, it doesn't work as intended. So ya. That's the long way of saying it doesn't work 100% until firmware fix. And the only idea we have of timing on that is that LG wants to release it by end of year.

I tested more games and made an interesting discovery.

Metro Exodus runs at ~105 fps and varies a lot. However, it stutters when Display Specific settings is unchecked, and the stuttering stops when I check the box.
Battlefield V runs at ~100 fps and varies a lot. It behaves the same as above.

Doom Eternal runs at 116 fps when capped to 118 fps. It stutters when Display Specific settings is checked, and the stuttering stops when I uncheck the box. It seems G-SYNC is working to some degree and it's not just Vsync when the box is unchecked, because there is no mouse input lag. If I disable G-SYNC completely, the mouse starts lagging.
Dota 2 and CS: GO behave the same as above.

So it seems that games that run at a locked frame rate close to the refresh rate benefit from unchecking Display Specific settings.

Last edited:
Well, I've taken a risk. Costco has the 48CX online $50 off, with free 3 year extended warranty and 2 years additional through Costco Visa for 7 YEARS total... free.

I'll risk the bet on the GSYNC issues getting fixed with firmware and drivers. Too tempting to pass up. It will be delivered to me by Friday. Pretty awesome.

I'm not going to wait until black friday starts and Costco runs out and missing out on that insane warranty. I fully expect that I'll have to use it sometime over 7 years... they are crazy.

Also, their latest flyer has a in-store sale starting on the CX55, 65 and 77 starting tomorrow if you want the bigger ones. But they don't have the 48 in store, only online. Which is interesting. I never would have seen the deal on the 48 had I not been looking at the flyer and then searched the site to see if they happened to have the CX48.

So, basically, the CX48 is G-Sync incompatible now.
No. It works fine as long as you keep to HDMI 2.0b settings (4k120 4:2:0 8-bit or 1440p120 4:4:4 10-bit). LG has said they're working on a fix for full 4K120 4:4:4 10-bit GSYNC compatibility.

They've fixed bigger issues before now, so I do not doubt they can fix the stuttering issue as well.

No. It works fine as long as you keep to HDMI 2.0b settings (4k120 4:2:0 8-bit or 1440p120 4:4:4 10-bit). LG has said they're working on a fix for full 4K120 4:4:4 10-bit GSYNC compatibility.

They've fixed bigger issues before now, so I do not doubt they can fix the stuttering issue as well.

This. I'm still stuck with a 2080 Ti and have had no issues. Pretty much the only reason why I haven't caved in to a scalper yet for an Ampere card lol. I might just try out Freesync instead with big navi to see if it suffers the same problems...

Thank you for stating that so plainly. I'm sure it was said more than once a few pages back but the recent comments had me slightly confused because I've had zero issues since I got my 3090. I'd say that the jump from the 2080ti to the 3090 has been just as big a jump as going from the 35" VA panel to the oled.....................BUT I play everything at 3840x1620 and so am forced to 8bit...that's why I haven't seen any of the issues that others have.

I finally got my hands on a RTX 3080. What a nightmare...

I was trying out some things to see what this G-Sync stuttering thing is about. Is this supposed to be noticeable on the Pendulum Demo? With V-Sync ON at 50 fps the stuttering is immediately noticeable, but with G-Sync ON at 50 fps it appears to be working? I'm on 4k120Hz 4:4:4 10-bit.

EDIT:

I tried Half-Life 2 with previous settings capped to 117 and it didn't feel smooth. It almost looked like I was getting screen-tearing at the top of the display.

I capped to 100 and it appears to be smooth now.

And in Vermintide 2 it appears to be borked regardless.

Last edited:

This is much better than my description. Thank you for being more clear for those trying to catch up.

I keep trying to change to 4:2:0 in NVCP, and it seems to stick, but I don't see the visual change of text looking more blurry to confirm it's made a difference. At the same time, games to seem to NOT be using the set 4:2:0 setting either causing them to still stutter.

How is everyone changing to 4:2:0 if not via NVCP? When you do, do you see the visual confirmation that the text is sharing pixels and looks a little blurrier?

Anyone go from an Alienware AW3418DW to this 48" CX?

I think it'd feel way too big because I like the size of the 34" ultrawide I have now. Tell me your experience?

Back