- Joined
- May 5, 2006
- Messages
- 5,938
Cool thanks for the info. Hopeful for my nov purchase now.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
It worked with HDMI 2.0 at 120hz and 4:2:0 AFAIK (with some issues such as raised blacks but yeah). There were no HDMI 2.1 output devices available until now.
I would of expected that Nvidia and LG would have the equipment to properly test it.I'm sure test output devices exist for certification purposes, but yeah, this is the first time a "real" signal source has existed, so there's no shock there's some initial problems.
That is yet to be proven. It might be months. Hopefully it will be fixed before I upgrade to a 2.1 card.At least it's getting fixed fast. Normally when it comes to LG firmware fixes they tend to take forever.
That is yet to be proven. It might be months. Hopefully it will be fixed before I upgrade to a 2.1 card.
This been already discussed in the CX48 thread. They know of the issue and looking into releasing a firmware update in the following weeks.New poster here guys, this is a concerning comment on the latest HDTVTest video re the LG issues, no HDR at 4k 120hz with gsync as it's not possible, i've sent it to Jonh at Forbes and he's going to speak to his LG contact about it:
View attachment 281742
This been already discussed in the CX48 thread. They know of the issue and looking into releasing a firmware update in the following weeks.
Wait I'm a little confused now. So the chroma subsampling to 422 only happens IF you turn HDR ON at 4k120Hz 444? Otherwise it's REAL 4k120hz 444 without HDR OFF? Or does LG tech support have no idea what they're talking about?
Wait I'm a little confused now. So the chroma subsampling to 422 only happens IF you turn HDR ON at 4k120Hz 444? Otherwise it's REAL 4k120hz 444 without HDR OFF? Or does LG tech support have no idea what they're talking about?
4:4:4 4K 120hz HDR = dont work
4:4:4 4K 120hz g-sync = dont work
4:4:4 4K 120hz SDR = okay
4:4:4 4K 120hz SDR g-sync = okay
4:4:4 4K 60hz HDR = okay
4:4:4 4K 60hz g-sync = okay
is what I get from the above.
Yes. 4:4:4 4K 120hz g-sync HDR isn't supported.I think you meant this? .....
Since I probably won’t get a 3080 for a couple of months, what’s the best you can do with HDMI 2.0b ? RGB 4K 8bit @60 hz & 4K 4:2:2 @120hz and you need to go down to 1440p if you want HDR ?
What’s the best mode for just desktop/browsing ?
Wait I thought you needed 10bits for HDR ?
In Far Cry 5 I can't see any difference between 10 bit and 8 bit HDR. 10 bit 422 runs noticeably smoother than 8 bit 444 for some reason.
Ah, then 8bit 444 is less smooth due to windows doing some additional processing on software level.Someone earlier in this thread mentioned Windows HDR does dithering automatically when at 8bit color, that's probably why it's so hard to tell any difference.
I would of expected that Nvidia and LG would have the equipment to properly test it.
Another response from UK customer care this time, just posted to reddit by someone, this isn't looking goodView attachment 281921
I suppose no one is running three of these like me for multi monitor, eh? When I wake from PC deep sleep, my screens have either no signal or only one shows the desktop, and I have to restart.
Hope LG finds and monitors this thread...
I suppose no one is running three of these like me for multi monitor, eh? When I wake from PC deep sleep, my screens have either no signal or only one shows the desktop, and I have to restart.
Hope LG finds and monitors this thread...
Thanks! I went 3 years with MB CPU and RAM before upgrading all this past spring. I am running on two 4 year old Pascal Titans. They have always juuuust been enough or close for triple 4k. But now I really need the new 3090. That performance and 24 gb of VRAM is crucial for me.Your set up looks sick mate, was looking at it before I signed up here. Do you find yourself updating hardware regularly?
omer care this time, just posted to reddit by someone, this isn't looking good
Another response from UK customer care this time, just posted to reddit by someone, this isn't looking goodView attachment 281921
Yea I think the doom and gloom about 4:4:4 120Hz and G-Sync is a little unnecessary. New technology, some bugs are to be expected - LG said they're working on it at least. There's virtually no good reason why the issues can't be fixed and LG is going to lose out bigly if they don't fix it ASAP.
elvn - Once again you always have great feedback and help a ton. Thanks for your input and looking forward to hearing more.
Does your monitor that is hdmi to hdmi exhibit the same behavior or is is only the displayport to hdmi adapter ones?