LG 48CX

That sucks man, shouldn't they require a signature for such an expensive delivery?

It boggles the mind, but it appears Beach Camera did not require signature :-(
I live in a condo and our deliveries are always made to the management office, however, the management
office was closed due to the fourth of july holiday.........so where did the driver "deliver" it?

To get into my condo, be the lobby or parking garage with a car you need to buzz in. Howeve, nobody buzzed in on my call box. I was waiting at home, following the tracking like a hawk and there was no package or fedex truck!

On a side note, I am glad I got off my ass and bought another one from Brandsmart!
This thing is fantastic, the BFI mode alone is incredible. Hands down the best BFI I have ever seen.
I like to play older games like Titanfall 2, Battlefield 4, etc, etc in BFI mode and newer games in VRR mode

I have tweaked settings to make 420 limited palpable for desktop use, however, my Alienware 55 is still superior there
with its FULL 8 bit RGB......until we get the 3000 series cards I suppose.

Last edited:
It boggles the mind, but it appears Beach Camera did not require signature :-(
I live in a condo and our deliveries are always made to the management office, however, the management
office was closed due to the fourth of july holiday.........so where did the driver "deliver" it?

To get into my condo, be the lobby or parking garage with a car you need to buzz in. Howeve, nobody buzzed in on my call box. I was waiting at home, following the tracking like a hawk and there was no package or fedex truck!

On a side note, I am glad I got off my ass and bought another one from Brandsmart!
This thing is fantastic, the BFI mode alone is incredible. Hands down the best BFI I have ever seen.
I like to play older games like Titanfall 2, Battlefield 4, etc, etc in BFI mode and newer games in VRR mode

I have tweaked settings to make 420 limited palpable for desktop use, however, my Alienware 55 is still superior there
with its FULL 8 bit RGB......until we get the 3000 series cards I suppose.

We do have Full 8bit RGB at 4k:

1593964401617.png

We do have Full 8bit RGB at 4k:

View attachment 259122
Sorry, I have not recognized 60hz as a viable refresh rate since 2014. :)

Good to see you got one. Please PM me a key. Is that a bottle of antacids or Tylenol LOL?

That is a bottle of Dr. Sinatra Heart Healthy Multivitamin, the antacids & tylenol are in the drawer on the right and the machine guns are below the desk!

I'll PM you a key when available, game still needs a lot of work, I will need beta testers to help test multiplayer and such.
Until then, here are two horrific teaser trailers to make your eyes bleed!

and

Last edited:
I'm fine using 4K 60 Hz on the desktop until I can get either the adapter or a HDMI 2.1 GPU. It's still miles better than using 4:2:0 chroma subsampling. Some games also seem to change to 4:2:0 just fine if you select 4K 120 Hz in them.

I'm fine using 4K 60 Hz on the desktop until I can get either the adapter or a HDMI 2.1 GPU. It's still miles better than using 4:2:0 chroma subsampling. Some games also seem to change to 4:2:0 just fine if you select 4K 120 Hz in them.

I got 420 tolerable for desktop use on the 48cx. Its nowhere nearly as crisp as my Alienware oled with native 4k120 Full RGB, but will work fine for what i need until 3000 series gpus. 60hz gives me carpel tunnel sydrome for desktop productivity use

I got 420 tolerable for desktop use on the 48cx. Its nowhere nearly as crisp as my Alienware oled with native 4k120 Full RGB, but will work fine for what i need until 3000 series gpus. 60hz gives me carpel tunnel sydrome for desktop productivity use
That’s a tough one. 4:2:0 makes me feel like I’m going blind due to the color fringing but I do love smoother frame rates even for desktop use. I use my rog swift for high precision stuff off to the right and keep my larger screen at 60hz personally but it’s going to be a “whatever works best for you” until the new cards are out. Imagine if the new cards don’t support full bandwidth 2.1 though, I’d be pretty upset.

That’s a tough one. 4:2:0 makes me feel like I’m going blind due to the color fringing but I do love smoother frame rates even for desktop use. I use my rog swift for high precision stuff off to the right and keep my larger screen at 60hz personally but it’s going to be a “whatever works best for you” until the new cards are out. Imagine if the new cards don’t support full bandwidth 2.1 though, I’d be pretty upset.

Yea, i just switched to 4k60hz Full RGB for desktop use lol.....soooo crispy! I just ordered that Displayport adapter, hopefully it allows 4k120 Full RGB!

I'm quite OK with these settings. Not that it offers much else anyway. 120Hz just sets too many limitations with my current GPU.
I was tinkering with colors and wondering what the hell was wrong and then I realized it was the f.lux night mode... I guess I could re-evaluate the importance of f.lux with this new display.

60.jpg

Is there a way to actually disable screenshift? I turned it off in the settings but I can still see it doing it.

Is there a way to actually disable screenshift? I turned it off in the settings but I can still see it doing it.

All settings -> OLED Screen Saver -> Screen shift. Seems off for me. Easiest way to tell is to not use TranslucentTB for awhile with the taskbar auto hidden and verify the line never disappears.

All settings -> OLED Screen Saver -> Screen shift. Seems off for me. Easiest way to tell is to not use TranslucentTB for awhile with the taskbar auto hidden and verify the line never disappears.

That's what I did but it's still on apparently. Notice how my icons have gotten shifted and cropped to the left. Other times it happen on my taskbar at the bottom. Just Scan has been set to ON and everything is in the correct place when I first boot up my PC and TV.

Attachments

• 20200705_183741.jpg
    20200705_183741.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Is it permenantely cropped to the right?

No it actually shifts it around, sometimes it's cropped the left, other times the bottom. And yes "Just Scan" has been set to ON. When I first boot up my PC/TV, everything is in the right place, but after a while it clearly starts shifting things around.

No it actually shifts it around, sometimes it's cropped the left, other times the bottom. And yes "Just Scan" has been set to ON. When I first boot up my PC/TV, everything is in the right place, but after a while it clearly starts shifting things around.

Input labeled as PC? Aspect ratio set to original? No idea if either of those impact it, but something to try.

Input labeled as PC? Aspect ratio set to original? No idea if either of those impact it, but something to try.

Aspect ratio is set to original. How do I rename the HDMI input? I forgot how to do that as the last time I had to was 3 years ago on my B7.

EDIT: Figured it out. Let's see if it changes anything.

Last edited:
Make sure you're not actually renaming the input to PC but instead changing the input icon to PC. Renaming the input does nothing.

Make sure you're not actually renaming the input to PC but instead changing the input icon to PC. Renaming the input does nothing.

Yep did so and it changed nothing. Meh oh well it's not a deal breaker by any means. Just weird that I turn the shifting off and it still does it.

Attachments

• 20200705_194020.jpg
    20200705_194020.jpg
    667.1 KB · Views: 0

It's a bug on current firmware that I hope they fix. Even if you disable it, it will turn on when you restart the display despite the option showing as being off. Toggling it on and off fixes it for that session. I have not found it to be a huge issue.

I'm quite OK with these settings. Not that it offers much else anyway. 120Hz just sets too many limitations with my current GPU.
I was tinkering with colors and wondering what the hell was wrong and then I realized it was the f.lux night mode... I guess I could re-evaluate the importance of f.lux with this new display.

View attachment 259224
Yeah f.lux or Windows 10 Night light does weird things with this one. I was playing GTA V yesterday and wondered why my display suddenly went all green. Turns out it was Night light kicking in. In HDR it will also really mess with things.

Has anyone explored making a custom 4:2:0 resolution at say 100hz to enable HDR?

Tracking says it was delivered at 10:51 and I was home and there was no fedex man!
I live in a condo so either he delivered it to another building or stole it :-(

Fedex was absolutely no help, they said they would have a case manage call me back by 5pm but they never did.
So I called them at 5pm and the CSR kept routing me to a number that just range and range. On the fourth attempt @5:15pm
I told the CSR to stay on the line because the call transfer just rings and rings and the CSR did and when the call just rang
and range the fedex csr said oh your right it sure does then disconnected me.

I went to call beach camera again but they CLOSED at 2pm :-(
I am going to have Beach issue me a refund, I don't have the time or patience for CSR merry go round.

So I said FUCK THIS SHIT and found one locally for sale at Brandsmart USA and went and picked it up!
Here it is next to my AW5520QF running my WAR B.A.L. a sports game I am developing for PC
If anybody wants a free game key for WAR B.A.L. please let me know as it will go beta soonish!
View attachment 258793

So how is it compare to the AW5520QF? Like color wise and image quality?

Awesome looking. What settings you use on the TV itself (picture settings, features on/off) while gaming? Do you use the same settings if you are watching videos on your PC?

This is a 65C9, but i also will buy the 48CX end of the year. I only use my 65C9 for gaming and movie-streaming via internal apps or Apple TV 4K.

SDR Movies:
ISF dark room
AI picture off
OLED Light - 40-50
Contrast - 85
Brightness - 50
Sharpness -15
Colour 50
Tint - 0
Dynamic Contrast - off
Super resolution - on
Colour gamut - auto
Gamma - 2.2
Peak brightnes - off
Noise reduction - off
Mpeg noise reduction - off
Smooth graduation - off
Black level - low
Real Cinema - off
Trumotion - clear
Color temperature - Warm2

HDR Movies:
Picture-Mode Cinema
AI picture off
OLED Light - 100
Contrast - 100
Brightness - 50
Sharpness -15
Colour 50
Tint - 0
Dynamic Contrast - off
Super resolution - on
Colour gamut - auto
Gamma - 2.2
Peak brightnes - on
Noise reduction - off
Mpeg noise reduction - off
Smooth graduation - off
Black level - low
Real Cinema - off
Trumotion - clear

SDR VRR / HDR VRR gaming:
Gaming-Mode (Console label)
OLED Light - 100
Contrast - 90 (100 HDR)
Brightness - 50 (48-49 HDR)
Sharpness -10
Colour 60
Tint - 0
Dynamic Contrast - off
Super resolution - off
Colour gamut - auto or extended
Gamma - 2.2
Peak brightnes - off (greyed out when ALLM is activated, which you have to activate to use VRR)
Black level - full (HDR = low)

Got my 48CX yesterday and have it connected to my PC (2080Ti).. Thing is absolutely nutty! It's my first OLED (and first time above 60hz).. 1440p 120hz G-SYNC + HDR gaming is incredible.. Can't wait for HDMI2.1 so I can do the same, but at 4k!

Got my 48CX yesterday and have it connected to my PC (2080Ti).. Thing is absolutely nutty! It's my first OLED (and first time above 60hz).. 1440p 120hz G-SYNC + HDR gaming is incredible.. Can't wait for HDMI2.1 so I can do the same, but at 4k!
Oh man I bet you're in heaven. I couldn't sleep the first night I had my TV. Kept messing with settings for the first couple of days to get the best picture quality possible.

Anybody tried using a monitor arm like ergotron HX or humanscale m8/10? I heard both seem to sag/tilt down with heavier ultrawide monitors. Wondering if it would do the same with the CX48.

Tip: Change HDMI input too PC to drastically reduce ASBL (CX48 in my case)
Almost no auto dimming /brightness anymore.
View attachment 259322
I changed Logo Luminance from low to off because I was getting these weird brightness changes while scrolling on webpages. I will change it back if I plan to play a game that has an always on map or logo

Anybody tried using a monitor arm like ergotron HX or humanscale m8/10? I heard both seem to sag/tilt down with heavier ultrawide monitors. Wondering if it would do the same with the CX48.

My plan was to get the Ergotron HX with the VESA bracket adapter kit to support the 300x200mm mount on the CX48... It seems like it's well within the weight capacity, so I'm surprised it would sag? The HX is rated for 42lb, and the CX48 without stand is 32.8 pounds.

My plan was to get the Ergotron HX with the VESA bracket adapter kit to support the 300x200mm mount on the CX48... It seems like it's well within the weight capacity, so I'm surprised it would sag? The HX is rated for 42lb, and the CX48 without stand is 32.8 pounds.

Some reported that the odyssey G9 will tilt down/sag using the ergotron HX. This is the end point tilt connector not the arm itself, the arm handles the weight well. The G9 is actually a few pounds lighter than the CX48 but its severe curve so that might have something to do with it.

Some reported that the odyssey G9 will tilt down/sag using the ergotron HX. This is the end point tilt connector not the arm itself, the arm handles the weight well. The G9 is actually a few pounds lighter than the CX48 but its severe curve so that might have something to do with it.

Appreciate the heads up on this! I'll probably wait until there are people in the wild with the same setup to see if it works out. It's not integral that I get it off the desk, but was planning on putting a soundbar underneath it, which would require it be lifted up.

SoCali already tiped me about changing the icon to PC.
Sorry for basically making a new post about that.
I did not understand that i needed to change the icon and not only naming the label to PC.
So all credit goes to SoCali in the first place :)
Just want to add. Set trumotion to high in game mode and 120hz and the motion is as good as a plasma/crt.
Fantastic

SoCali already tiped me about changing the icon to PC.
Sorry for basically making a new post about that.
I did not understand that i needed to change the icon and not only naming the label to PC.
So all credit goes to SoCali in the first place :)
Just want to add. Set trumotion to high in game mode and 120hz and the motion is as good as a plasma/crt.
Fantastic
You cannot set true motion in game mode?... or how did you do this?

Could you test if 1080p 120hz 1:1 scaling (no scaling) works now? So you have something like a 25inch window in the middle. You have to check in windows display settings under advanced that the active displaysignal is 4K 120Hz. Currently the active display signal is limited to 1440p when using 1080p120hz with no scaling. Thank you :)
I just tested this and it works! I enabled GPU scaling (No scaling) in de Nvidia control panel and set 1920x1080 resolution with 120Hz. I indeed do get a small window in de middle. The tv still reports 3840x2160 and 120Hz as the input resolution.

I think it's both the weight and width of the G9. I have a Multibrackets monitor arm rated for I think 21 kg and yeah, it can carry my CRG9 just fine..except for the tilt. It will sag unless I really crank the tilt screws to the max. On the same arm the CX 48" had the exact same issue but not as bad. It was still a two person job to get it to the right angle - one to hold it in place and one to crank the tilt screws. The Ergotron HX should have a far beefier setup on its tilt afaik.

Back