Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Did you try the different hdmi ports on the gpu too? I read someone on reddit only had one functioning hdmi 2.1 or so.Tried clean driver install too.
Perhaps it's the hdmi cable? I know those have been an issue. I ordered another 48gps hdmi, I'll be able to test it on Sunday.
This is a totally out there question.... But I bought the rtx 3090 from someone, "new", BUT, is it possible that he could have hacked the bios and gave me a "trojan horse".
That sounds more like a NVIDIA issue; the TV shouldn't be driving rendering speed.I have a new issue with G-SYNC in Dota 2. I use an in-game fps limit of 118 with Vsync enabled. The game runs smoothly for around 10 minutes before the fps suddenly drops to 60 and stays there. If I disable Vsync, it goes back up to 118, but it stutters terribly. Only restarting the game fixes it.
It's been months since I used a hardware G-SYNC monitor so I don't know if the issue is with the 3090 / CX, or with the game / drivers.
The tv is hardware Gsync it is brand and mark on the tv...
Gsync compatible certified with a logo of gsync on the tv...
That would be a lot of effort to make a heatsink that looks like the 3090 one and then modifying a BIOS to make it show up as a 3090. Post pics if you want us to take a look.This is a totally out there question.... But I bought the rtx 3090 from someone, "new", BUT, is it possible that he could have hacked the bios and gave me a "trojan horse".
Do the 48CX and the 55CX have the same mounting dimensions for the stand?
Still have to come up with a proper mounting solution on my desk. Wall mounts are too thick, stands to deep.
Looks like I'll have to design something 3D-printed that's low profile..
Does anybody have information about the screw hole depth of the foot and vesa mounts?
Ideally I have a bracket that screws into the foot mount and extends below the TV around the LED and housing so it doesn't rest on the panel (right now I have wood chips under the box) and some solution that goes into the vesa mount and the wall so it doesn't tilt forward (that thing is unexpectedly front heavy)
Everything on your list has already been done, however, I do believe you are correct and my "48gps 8k HDMI cable" is not too spec. I ordered another cable and will have it Sunday. According to other people, this cable works. The only problem is it's to short.That would be a lot of effort to make a heatsink that looks like the 3090 one and then modifying a BIOS to make it show up as a 3090. Post pics if you want us to take a look.
Your issues are most likely with the cable. HDMI cables that are not up to scratch can do weird things. When I was hunting for a long 8+ meter HDMI cable that would deliver 4K 60 Hz 4:4:4 + HDR, I went through several and saw things like flickering, blank screens, randomly missing resolutions/refresh rates/color spaces, HDR not activating...
All you need to do to make your TV work as expected on PC are these things:
- Use a HDMI Ultra high speed cable. Marketing may call it HDMI 2.1, 4K 120Hz, 8K 60 Hz or even 10K.
- Turn on HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color from TV settings.
- Turn on Instant Game Response from TV settings.
- Set TV to Game mode for lowest input lag.
- Set TV white balance color temperature to "Warm 2" for the most accurate color out of the box.
- Set input icon to "PC" from TV Home Dashboard settings. Input can be named whatever you want, the icon is the only thing that matters.
- Set Nvidia Control panel to use 4K 120 Hz 8 or 10-bit color.
- Turn on HDR from Windows Display Settings.
I tried both, and I couldn't tell a difference. I just don't think it matters.Do I enable "AMD Freesync Premium" on the TV itself? I can't notice any difference with it being enabled or disabled.. I can select "Gsync Compatible" with it on and also off..
Do I enable "AMD Freesync Premium" on the TV itself? I can't notice any difference with it being enabled or disabled.. I can select "Gsync Compatible" with it on and also off..
Hammer/spam the green button on the TV remote. It shows a hidden overlay disolaying VRR info. I think it also shows the actual refresh rate of the TVDid you guys tested LFC on the CX?
With the current NV driver 456.71 and the C9 firmware 05.00.03, and RTX 3080, LFC seems to work very well.
I tested the following, locked at 35FPS, Game = Control:
60Hz + GSYNC + VSYNC = strong stutter
120Hz + VSYNC, without GSYNC = slight stutter
120Hz + GSYNC + VSYNC = 100% stutterfree, so LFC seems to work then. Unfortunately, I cannot display the refreshrate, but LFC should work at 70Hz at that moment. The difference is not obvious at first, but as soon as you look closely, you can see it IMO very clearly. Spinning the camera just looks smooth.
Edit: By the way, i had to reactivate VSYNC in the driver every time i turned GSYNC off and on.
Hammer/spam the green button on the TV remote. It shows a hidden overlay disolaying VRR info. I think it also shows the actual refresh rate of the TV
That only works on the CX, not the C9 unfortunately.Hammer/spam the green button on the TV remote. It shows a hidden overlay disolaying VRR info. I think it also shows the actual refresh rate of the TV
I have been rocking a 40" 4k that is attached to my standing desk via arm...the PPI is such that it's in a sweet spot and I was thinking of downsizing because I don't know how much I put things in the corners...but that'd mean I'd probably be leaning and squinting a lot more, now that I think about it. But adding an extra 8" seems silly to be that up close to. About how far are you from it, and do you use the corners much? Any simulates monitor borders using software that divides the screen?Completely satisfied with the 48CX as a monitor. Two weeks in and this is basically the perfect size and ppi for a win10 desktop at 100% scaling.
I'm using the Club-3D CAC-1085 w/a Radeon Pro W5500 at 3840x2160@60hz 8-bit with dithering RGB 4:4:4 Full HDR, the TV is in PC Mode on Game HDR with Instant Game Response and HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color enabled (OLED LIGHT 75, Contrast 50, Brightness 50, Sharpness 0, Color 50, Tint 0, Dynamic Tone Mapping On) and disabled TPC via the service menu.
ClearType looks great - folks seeing rainbow effects ought to double check their Ultra HD Deep Color setting, apparently when that's not enabled you're not getting full resolution chroma regardless what the PC is telling you.
Coming from an LCD the deep color contrast is really incredible, and the lack of any sort of flicker is noticeably softer on the eyes after many consecutive hours especially at night. What's really neat is since black = off, you can set your desktop background to black and it's like each window is its own little dedicated screen - it's hard to describe how pleasant that is at night in a dark office.
+1 highly recommend this as a PC monitor upgrade!
I went from a 40" 4K on my desk to the 48". I was already a bit uncomfortable on the 40" (I felt like I wasn't as quick to notice things in competitive shooters because I had to move my head) and moving the 48" to the far back of the desk pretty much matches the 40"; right on the edge of uncomfortable-but-usable. For single player immersive games it's worth it thoughI have been rocking a 40" 4k that is attached to my standing desk via arm...the PPI is such that it's in a sweet spot and I was thinking of downsizing because I don't know how much I put things in the corners...but that'd mean I'd probably be leaning and squinting a lot more, now that I think about it. But adding an extra 8" seems silly to be that up close to. About how far are you from it, and do you use the corners much? Any simulates monitor borders using software that divides the screen?
I suppose I could wall mount it and move my standing desk back, I just don't know if I want it to come to that, as I like my monitor moving with my height.
Any other cons? Thought there was a firmware update for that.I went from a 40" 4K on my desk to the 48". I was already a bit uncomfortable on the 40" (I felt like I wasn't as quick to notice things in competitive shooters because I had to move my head) and moving the 48" to the far back of the desk pretty much matches the 40"; right on the edge of uncomfortable-but-usable. For single player immersive games it's worth it though
Desktop use definitely ends up with wasted space; I find myself moving things to the corner and treating it as a smaller monitor a lot. And the 48CX I'm still getting used to the weird subpixel arrangement which is enough to be bothersome
Hopefully the Gsync and HDMI 2.1 issues get ironed out. Without those I'm not sure the upgrade was worth it
As you can see from the last couple of pages, it's hit-and-miss for people. Some say it's fine, some get stutter, some get tearing. I'm on team "having issues" sadly. But definitely sounds fixable in drivers/firmware eventuallyAny other cons? Thought there was a firmware update for that.
There are no compatibility issues with latest firmware & drivers, apart from having to deselect Enable settings for the selected display model in the NVCP G-SYNC settings.Been reading off and on , if wouldn't mind from the experts current situation on these ?
Decided I didn't like the curve on the 38" LG combined with loss of vertical space (used to 4k 60hz for a while now). So sent it back to Costco and going to give the CX 48 another go.
1. Currently have Pascal Titan , am fine with it being 60hz till I get a 3080 , but in misc places have noticed people complaining about high input lag at 60hz ? Anyone running or did run it ok at 60 hz until they got their new card ? Didn't want to get it in and hate it until I got a 3080.
2. Is running at 120hz at 4k doable without issues I've noticed the past few pages if I am fine without HDR etc , just hoping to get full normal color at 120 as can at 60 without a hassle once I get my 3080.
Thanks in advance.
(only other possible thing on the horizon for me is the 43" ASUS with 2.1 HDMI but no concrete dates on it I've found)
There are no compatibility issues with latest firmware & drivers, apart from having to deselect Enable settings for the selected display model in the NVCP G-SYNC settings.
Can anyone else confirm?I found that the stuttering was caused by setting Low Latency Mode to Ultra in NVCP for Dota 2. After setting it to Off, G-SYNC works perfectly with Vsync enabled and fps_max 118. CS: GO doesn't have the same issue with Low Latency Mode.
It might work for some people, but latency mode doesn't fix Gsync for meCan anyone else confirm?
Does anybody have any experience with this type of wallmount?
17mm depth looks promising..
Does anybody have any experience with this type of wallmount?
17mm depth looks promising..
Yeah, I only need the sideports. The single purpose is usage as a pc/console gaming monitor. The thing that bothers me most is the power cord coming out straight from the back..Would prevent you from using the ports at the back of the display. HDMI 1-3 are on the side but HDMI 4, LAN and optical poke out from the back.
I have the luxury of not having to deal with drywalls in my house.As long as you hit a stud it looks like it would work. The only thing is you can’t slide it left or right to help center it over your desk. Also if you don’t nail level it’s going to bother you. Won’t be level with your desk. The one I got is a full length one but is only 1 inch off the wall. I can still adjust level and slide it around 6-8 inches left to right if I want to move my desk. Which I ended up doing after I had it up. Had to move my computer to the other side due to the glare off the glass side panel. Just depends on what you want.
Here is the one I used Mounting Dream TV Wall Mount TV... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P645JGR?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_shareYeah, I only need the sideports. The single purpose is usage as a pc/console gaming monitor. The thing that bothers me most is the power cord coming out straight from the back..
I have the luxury of not having to deal with drywalls in my house.
What I am afraid of is exactly what you mentioned though, 0 adjustability. But what I'm really afraid of is the small window for hanging it in the clip. I'm really scared that I might break the panel while trying to hit that..
But with 55" staring at my face on a 65cm deep desk I need every cm of depth I can get haha..
Didn't work for me, but I'm on the .26 firmware. Only thing that works for me is freesync on in tv settings and fps cap 106.Can anyone else confirm?