• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

LG 48CX

I'm putting together a new build in the near future. Is the LG CX series pretty much the go to if I'm only going to have one display for TV and PC Monitor? Everything seems to suggest that. I'm considering a 48 or 55 wall mounted.
 
I'm putting together a new build in the near future. Is the LG CX series pretty much the go to if I'm only going to have one display for TV and PC Monitor? Everything seems to suggest that. I'm considering a 48 or 55 wall mounted.
Yes!
 
PSA TO Y'ALL......(except Elvn lmao)

Make sure you set Colorimetry in the hidden menu to BT2020, otherwise colors are washed out ass!
If you don't know how to get to hidden menu see post 4734 above


1602554358034.png
 
Didn't make much of a diff here, if at all.
Must've had it set to BT2020 manually without hardsettingthe flag.
 
PSA TO Y'ALL......(except Elvn lmao)

Make sure you set Colorimetry in the hidden menu to BT2020, otherwise colors are washed out ass!
If you don't know how to get to hidden menu see post 4734 above


View attachment 288240
You do not need to do this. The display detects changing to BT2020 just fine. If it doesn't, try going to 4K 60 Hz and back to 4K 120 Hz again. BT2020 should not be forced for anything but HDR mode and not even there.
 
In my opinion, you can not say that it "has so far caused no issues" until you can actually test it.

I have already resigned myself to HTPC dual 2.1 out to CX and ghost screen AVR, ps5/X series 2.1 to TV then eARC to AVR. Unfortunately still cant buy anything.
I have been running 4K 120 Hz with the Club 3D adapter for a few months now. All the issues have been either adapter or TV firmware related, not bandwidth related.
 
Hello,

Locking the FPS at 100 or below don't stop the stuttering on my TV...
If you can test it on forza horizon 4 the stuttering are visible...
I am wondering if this issue is not relative to the cable itself ?
Is there a label for hdmi 2.1 cable ?
 
How is the Club 3D adapter today? Does it allow for trouble-free (no stuttering, no lag spikes, or artifacts of any kind) 4k 120hz 4:4:4 HDR gaming on a 2080Ti?
 
How is the Club 3D adapter today? Does it allow for trouble-free (no stuttering, no lag spikes, or artifacts of any kind) 4k 120hz 4:4:4 HDR gaming on a 2080Ti?
It does not support G-Sync (at least yet) but it has been surprisingly troublefree on v1.03 adapter firmware since the 03.11.25 TV firmware update. Far removed from requiring constant power cycling like it did earlier.

The only issue that still remains is when enabling HDR at 4K 120 Hz it might output the wrong color space instead of BT2020. This causes washed out colors. This seems to be an issue with the adapter as this happened with both C9 and CX. The solution is to simply toggle back to 4K 60 Hz and then back to 4K 120 Hz. A few times if it doesn't stick on the first try. I use the ColorControl app for this to do it with a few clicks. I haven't seen this issue occur in games, only on the desktop.
 
some updates on eARC from avsforum:

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/2020-lg-cx–gx-dedicated-gaming-thread-consoles-and-pc.3138274/post-60164474
I am one who has had issues getting things to work. It basically works now by setting windows to output Atmos. I occasionally get some handshake issues that require turning eARC off then on again on the tv. It’s not every time though so I’m sure it can be fixed in updates. Windows does not let me output LPCM 5.1/7.1 but everything works fine via Atmos so that’s good enough for me. On the console side, the series x will support Atmos so I would always have that on and for the ps5 we will see if they use bitstream for their positional audio tech or if it’s like the ps4 and lpcm is the best method. I’m confident that consoles will work differently than PC HDMI out.


https://www.avsforum.com/threads/2020-lg-cx–gx-dedicated-gaming-thread-consoles-and-pc.3138274/post-60165220
FallenUndying said:
So I noticed now that when switching to something like a game or when I was watching that Disney WoW video, my Speakers would give off a horrible clip sound(Popping Sound) and it was really loud just now starting God of War, any idea's?
Might be the arc turning on and off constantly. I have seen that and you basically have to force arc to off then on again.

I got this from my pc but not too loud. It ended up switching between Tv speakers and ARC constantly.

So it's not working reliably yet. It drops out from time to time like a broken signal and isn't working with uncompressed PCM 5.1/7.1 for everyone. PCM could be an issues since a workaround for the lack of DTS support could be transcoding to uncompressed PCM. Hopefully they'll fix it and make the handshaking/signal consistent and reliable in a future firmware.

I'm hopeful for a timely fix since it sort of works inconsistently as it is now.
 
Last edited:
Just unpacked my 55CX, and holy mother of screens, that thing is huge (and I'm coming from an 43" already).

Now my question:
1) Shouldn't I be able to do 4k60 10bit RGB on HDMI 2.0 (2070 Super)?

I can only select 4k60 8bit RGB under "native" resolutions or only 4k120 (and 4k100) 10bit 4:2:0 under PC settings.

I actually can't even set 1440p60 10bit as the control panel won't allow me to..

Any suggestions?


2) what's actually the latest FW for european models? Kinda stuck on .10.20, shouldn't the .10.25 already be out in EU?
 
Just unpacked my 55CX, and holy mother of screens, that thing is huge (and I'm coming from an 43" already).

Now my question:
1) Shouldn't I be able to do 4k60 10bit RGB on HDMI 2.0 (2070 Super)?

I can only select 4k60 8bit RGB under "native" resolutions or only 4k120 (and 4k100) 10bit 4:2:0 under PC settings.

I actually can't even set 1440p60 10bit as the control panel won't allow me to..

Any suggestions?


2) what's actually the latest FW for european models? Kinda stuck on .10.20, shouldn't the .10.25 already be out in EU?
On hdmi 2.0 you only get 60Hz 8bit rgb. for 10bit you need to drop down in refresh, but you can do it if you want to watch video content for example.

10.25 and 10.26 have been out, but judging by previous replies in the thread possibly been recalled (likely since they don't work properly).
 
Regarding eArc and windows. I just read this reddit post and it is opposite of what I thought was correct for the last 10 years or so. Setting windows to stereo seems bad for movies.

EDIT: Point is that I guess I have no clue whether my eArc is working lol
 
I just received an OTA firmware update for 03.11.10 ... seems mine totally skipped 03.10.25 and 03.10.26. Anyone else?
 
On hdmi 2.0 you only get 60Hz 8bit rgb. for 10bit you need to drop down in refresh, but you can do it if you want to watch video content for example.

10.25 and 10.26 have been out, but judging by previous replies in the thread possibly been recalled (likely since they don't work properly).
Thanks, yeah I'm an idiot. Forgot I ran my previous monitor over DP..
 
Hmmm... the one i have is 03.11.26 actually.

Actually, I may have misspoken. I read steiNetti's post and assumed that the recent updates that everyone has been doing manually were 03.10.25 and 03.10.26 but I think that prior to this update, I was on 03.10.44 so it must have been 03.11.25 and 03.11.26 that I was thinking of. So according to Snyda, I'm now up to the latest one on LG's page, not the newest ones that were pulled, but still upgraded from the one I was on previously. Initially I thought that I had surpassed the ones that were pulled and there was already a newer version out, but it appears that isn't the case.
 
03.11.26 is gone from lg download page - says 03.11.10 now. strange. "serious" problem identified and "roll-back" performed?

That's what it says on the website? Serious problem/roll-back? Maybe it has something to do with the gsync stutters who knows. Guess they didn't 100% fix it with 11.26
 
Any way to enable G-Sync (or G-Sync compatible) with that display over HDMI 2.0 (2070S)?

Tried FreeSync Premium on and off on the TV and even though I can choose "G-Sync Compatible" (on either of the TV settings) in the control panel and activate Fullscreen and windowed G-Sync in the settings I can't use it in the Pendulum demo and I also get screen tearing at 60Hz..
 
has anyone messed around with custom resolutions? i wanted to try 3200x1800 but when I try to use CRU, I get a black screen and same with nvidia control panel

any help would be appreciated!
 
Any way to enable G-Sync (or G-Sync compatible) with that display over HDMI 2.0 (2070S)?

Tried FreeSync Premium on and off on the TV and even though I can choose "G-Sync Compatible" (on either of the TV settings) in the control panel and activate Fullscreen and windowed G-Sync in the settings I can't use it in the Pendulum demo and I also get screen tearing at 60Hz..
As long as you have "Instant Game Response" enabled on the TV for the HDMI port to your computer, it should just show up in the G-Sync section of NVCP (Turing and Ampere cards only).
 
Got my 3080 today. Hooked it up to my CX, and 4K120 4:4:4 10-bit works brilliantly... BUT... GSYNC is fubar. Every time I enable it, I get black screen flashing every 10 seconds or so.

Anyone know if there's a way to fix this? I've got Firmware 3.11.10 installed.
 
Got my 3080 today. Hooked it up to my CX, and 4K120 4:4:4 10-bit works brilliantly... BUT... GSYNC is fubar. Every time I enable it, I get black screen flashing every 10 seconds or so.

Anyone know if there's a way to fix this? I've got Firmware 3.11.10 installed.
firmware 3.11.25 fixed this issue but i'm seeing random reports that it was pulled

edit: i looked at the original link and see that it's still up... if you want to run it manually here's what you need...

here's a link to the firmware: https://www.lgservice.co.kr/fileDownload.do?cBbsCode=SW_PDS&cSeq=12097&check=true


and instructions for updating the firmware manually: https://www.lg.com/us/support/help-library/updating-firmware-tv-CT10000018-1430510575535
 
firmware 3.11.25 fixed this issue but i'm seeing random reports that it was pulled

edit: i looked at the original link and see that it's still up... if you want to run it manually here's what you need...

here's a link to the firmware: https://www.lgservice.co.kr/fileDownload.do?cBbsCode=SW_PDS&cSeq=12097&check=true


and instructions for updating the firmware manually: https://www.lg.com/us/support/help-library/updating-firmware-tv-CT10000018-1430510575535
The bigger question is why was it pulled?
 
What the HELLLLLLL... Been working no issues.. Now every time instant game response pop up I get a black screen.. Have to toggle it of and back on to get a picture back. Been working fine till I got a firmware update today..
 
*sigh* I guess I will continue to be a beta tester until they release an actual fix.
imo, i'd still install 03.11.25... the stutter issue is a pain but you can "fix" it by limiting your frames to 110 and below using rivatuner
 
*sigh* I guess I will continue to be a beta tester until they release an actual fix.
I just got my 3090 FE. Firmware 3.11.25 on the CX works fine. There's no stuttering with G-SYNC + Vsync, with or without an fps limit of 118. There's no flickering in games or on the desktop either. If I toggle Vsync off & on in Dota 2 while the game is running, the fps drops to ~100 and panning is not smooth. If I launch the game with Vsync already switched on, it runs at a locked framerate.

When switching back to 120 Hz from 24 Hz after a movie, the screen started flickering. Unplugging the HDMI cable fixed it. The problem hasn't recurred.
 
Last edited:
I have the 3.11.26 and with gsync with any lock it stutter...
So is an issue with my cable ?
Also why there is a 3.11.26 firmware ?
 
I have the 3.11.26 and with gsync with any lock it stutter...
So is an issue with my cable ?
Also why there is a 3.11.26 firmware ?
.26 is some Europe specific thing, maybe some minor difference between models. It may have had some issue because for my region the version offered is now .25 but I don't know if you can rollback to a previous version.

Cables should have no effect on things like G-Sync. If it can pass 4K 120 Hz 4:4:4 10-bit HDR without issues (artifacts, flickering, blank screens, resolutions/color spaces/refresh rates going missing etc) then your cable is fine.

Seems like the TVs still have issues for G-Sync so all you can do is wait for more updates. If G-Sync stutters then disable it and wait for it to be fixed whether it's via driver or firmware.
 
Can you even downgrade from .26 to .25? i put .25 on a usb to try and it just says no updates.
 
Can you even downgrade from .26 to .25? i put .25 on a usb to try and it just says no updates.
I don't think you can. I would just use it and not worry about it. I can't tell any difference to the .25 I had before using engineer mode in service menu. You will need a new fix for the G-Sync stutter problem anyway.
 
Is there any news regarding the Club3D adapter and G-Sync/FreeSync?

I've got one at home, but no point in unpacking it as long as there isn't any working G-Sync..
 
Back
Top