Let's see your mug...

Looks west-coast-ish near the water. Prolly somewhere in Californication.
[/URL]

LOL - the smog giving it away? I really have no idea but that sky just looks nasty and toxic. Glad it's not like that here. Cute kid though and still a nice photo. Glad to see everyone posting so many.

This was taken about 1 1/2 ago .... my roomate at the time (also a black mesa security agent) started making these loud noises in the other room ..
and i was about to go on duty .... did not know what was going on ... and then he took this picture .....

HaywoodX.png

So ... lesson here .. don't try and "D" me .....\

Fixed :D

Two girls on the DC Forum and now this is required...

DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK
http://2girls1cup. -> Intentionally a broken link...

/me prepares for a few days of vacation.​

It's fog, not smog. San Fransisco = fog, LA = smog ;)

Thanks, that's my daughter, soon to be 13(hands off!) :D

Just a bump....thought with all the new additions we've seen with the Challenge and all, it might be kind of cool to bring this back and give some of them a chance to put a face to their name;)

MORE PICS:)

Alright..alright.. guess we gotta keep the thread alive somehow. :D

Me and Mrs nomad8u in my favorite surroundings:

Me and the Nomad on Skyline Drive in WV engaging in my second favorite hobby:

Hide the women and children....

0.png

Oohhh...nice scooter!!

I have been contemplating acquiring big ol bike.....but digital is a little on the reckless side occasionally, and therefore, it is likely best I stick to the scooters with knobby tires. They may be a little snappier, but dirt is softer and the landings are a bit more forgiving;)

It sure is a pretty machine sir!

Primo ride you have there nomad8u (nice lookin' ole' lady also) :)

During my "motorcycle" days living in North Carolina the only Harley I had was a 73' XLH "Sporter" (Sportster, SP?) At that time it was an Italian made machine and it was kind of a "bastard" to some of the people in my "jamin' " group that had 74's (it was also a PITA havin' a "peanut" tank and always pulling off for gas) ;).

We rode to Anniston, Ala to see the "cow" (Kawasaki) win (I think it was like 1st and 2nd place :confused:), but if my memory doesn't decieve me Harley did out shine the "Beemer" (BMW) and the John Deer of motorcycles the Guzzi (Moto Guzzi). :rolleyes:. We also rode to Daytona, Fla. for their bike races.

I think probably my most memorable memory was my several "jaunts" to Mrytle Beach, SC during "bike" week. Man, what a blast, zillions of bikes (all configurations from touring machines to choppers) plus some great people from all walks of life, from "outlaws" to weekend warriors (casual motorcycle riders)

You should have seen all the vehicles (4 wheel) pulled over to the side of 95 interstate with people unloading their "scoots" outside of town so they could ride into town in style on their bikes :cool:

We always ate some dynamite seafood in Calabash on the "flip":p.

Welcome to another organization of sorts, I have no idea if you are part of a "motor scooter" group. To me one of the neat things about the "Net" is you have a hard time figuring out where someone is "coming from" and when/if you ever do it's sometimes a complete surpise :D

Edit: I added the word "sometimes" because not all the time are you surprised. I have been fortunate in my "surfing" the "Net" to find some very knowledgeable persons concerning computers, what did surpise me is there are so many of them on the [H]orde forum. (oh yeah, like everything in life, there is the 1% of 10% that are real "nutballs":()

I have been contemplating acquiring big ol bike.....but digital is a little on the reckless side occasionally, and therefore, it is likely best I stick to the scooters with knobby tires. They may be a little snappier, but dirt is softer and the landings are a bit more forgiving;)

That's kind of ironic, because that's why I got the big ol' bike. It's comfortable and a lot easier on the tired ol' bones. Not to mention WAY harder to get in trouble with. I do agree though...dirt is definitely softer than pavement!

It sure is a pretty machine sir!

Thank you sir!

0.png
0.png

Primo ride you have there nomad8u (nice lookin' ole' lady also) :)
Thanks. Two of my most prized possessions and both paid for! :D

During my "motorcycle" days living in North Carolina the only Harley I had was a 73' XLH "Sporter" (Sportster, SP?) At that time it was an Italian made machine and it was kind of a "bastard" to some of the people in my "jamin' " group that had 74's (it was also a PITA havin' a "peanut" tank and always pulling off for gas) ;).

We rode to Anniston, Ala to see the "cow" (Kawasaki) win (I think it was like 1st and 2nd place :confused:), but if my memory doesn't decieve me Harley did out shine the "Beemer" (BMW) and the John Deer of motorcycles the Guzzi (Moto Guzzi). :rolleyes:. We also rode to Daytona, Fla. for their bike races.

I think probably my most memorable memory was my several "jaunts" to Mrytle Beach, SC during "bike" week. Man, what a blast, zillions of bikes (all configurations from touring machines to choppers) plus some great people from all walks of life, from "outlaws" to weekend warriors (casual motorcycle riders)
North Carolina is a pretty state to ride in, especially the far eastern and western parts of the state. I'm hoping to spend a week riding the Blue Ridge mountains and I'd like to spend a week riding from the Outer Banks, along the coast, down through SC to Charleston. Charleston's a beautiful old town (at least it was the last time I visited there in the late '70's)

I've never had a Harley, I just never could cough up the dough / justify the higher prices. I would like to get an Ultra Classic before I retire though for some serious touring around the country. It's just not in the budget currently ($22k+ with all the goodies). I've had several bikes over the years starting with a '69 BSA (hated the shifter and rear brake being reversed. damn near killed myself several times before deciding to get rid of it.) and including a mid-70's Suzuki TS460 (dual-sport) which I rode all over the island of Okinawa in '75/'76 as well as an '82 Yamaha XJ 650 or 750 I can't recall which it was. I picked up the '99 Kawasaki Nomad in January of '99 (best time of the year to buy a bike IMHO) which I've been happily riding ever since.

I haven't done Myrtle Beach or Daytona (I tend to steer clear of the "herds" whenever possible) but my favorite large gathering is the annual Rolling Thunder Ride to the Wall on Memorial Day in DC. I've done that run 3 years now, and it's truly spectacular and touching to see thousands of bikers from all over the country (very damn few "trailer queens" in this bunch) gathering to honor our fallen veterans. If you're ever near DC on Memorial Day, it's worth a couple hours of your time to watch the parade and visit the Memorials.

You should have seen all the vehicles (4 wheel) pulled over to the side of 95 interstate with people unloading their "scoots" outside of town so they could ride into town in style on their bikes :cool:
Ah yes...... the trailer queens. ;)

We always ate some dynamite seafood in Calabash on the "flip":p.
Live to ride - ride to eat. My favorite motto! :D

Welcome to another organization of sorts, I have no idea if you are part of a "motor scooter" group. To me one of the neat things about the "Net" is you have a hard time figuring out where someone is "coming from" and when/if you ever do it's sometimes a complete surpise :D

Edit: I added the word "sometimes" because not all the time are you surprised. I have been fortunate in my "surfing" the "Net" to find some very knowledgeable persons concerning computers, what did surpise me is there are so many of them on the [H]orde forum. (oh yeah, like everything in life, there is the 1% of 10% that are real "nutballs":()
We are part of a "motor scooter" group, the Red Knights International which is an organization of firefighter and emergency services people (paramedics, EMT's etc.). We started a local chapter here in SE Pennsylvania about 3 1/2 years ago. It's a great group. We try to do 1 or 2 charity "rallies" (poker runs,raffle run etc.) each year. We have one tomorrow as a matter of fact. We're doing a "Ride for the Red" raffle ride to benefit our local chapter of the Red Cross.
Here's a link to our little band of misfits. Check out the "Hand Signals" link on the page, I think you'll get a kick out of the last one..... ;)

I agree with your thoughts about surfing the net. I've learned a tremendous amount about computers and many other things (some of which I wish I hadn't found :D) and consider it an awesome resource and tool to expand your knowledge. I've learned about 75% of what I know about 'puting from lurking here over the past 4 or so years and have gotten a lot of good info from various other sites (XS, EOC, ABXZone etc). The [H] is my favorite though and the place I consider "home". It's even better since I stumbled into this DC group a couple weeks ago. ;)

0.png
0.png

/snip city

Back at cha' bro (nomad8u)

I can definitely "dig" the part about your bike bein' paid off, but there ain't no way I'm buyin' the ole' lady (your wife) bein' paid off, never gonna' happen (only kiddin') :D

I may be a little bias (naww.. not me), but NC & SC are two great states to tour in on a motorcycle.

I'm pretty familiar with the Outer Banks and it's environs. Many moons ago (in my youth) I was honorably discharged from the USMC after four long yrs. I did the Viet Nam thing and was stationed, while in the US, at both Cherry Point, NC (Havelock) and Camp Lejeune, "J" ville', NC (Jacksonville). Being in the "Corps" I have also been to SC, I was at Parris Island and the Beaufort Air Station while in the milittary and also as a civilian on a
"field team". (not too shaby 4x yrs honorable, Viet Nam vet and still only 20 yrs old), then I went to work at Cherry Point as a "civil servant" and the rest is history. I lived a long time just South of Croatan Nat Forest (something "Kicking Post"), worked in Havelock and made many trips to Morehead City, Beaufort, the Outer Banks, etc)

I also love Savannah, GA. One nice city IMHO ;)

One of the times I did a "jam" to the "Banks" I got to see a play about some "Lost Colony" with Andy Williams (Matlock, Mayberry, etc) in it, kinda' spectacular :eek:.

As far as I'm concerned you'll love any trip to the Western part of NC (Blue Ridge Mts). I have been to the "Trail of Tears" portion (something Valley) and the scenery is fantastic up there. :p

On the "herds" thing the way myself and many people I rode with looked at as long as we had that "air going thru our heads" we didn't care about any "herds", but I do know what you mean. :)

To give you an idea just how crazy our group was I remember riding about 300 miles just to see a movie one time. (don't remember the movie's name, but it was an old "Hells Angles" type flick) :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, like most motorcycle people I've also had a few bikes. I had a Vespa motorscooter (not exactly a motorcycle :confused:), a something Yamaha, a 350 Honda, a something Suzuki, a 650 Yamaha, a 850 Norton Commander, a 1000 XLH Sportster, a 900 Kawasaki and a shed full of bike parts. I quit ridding just before I bought a chopped 74' (front kicked out, pan head, suicide shift, etc) The gentleman I was buyin' it from had the unfortunate experience of making love to a tree with the "chop" and then croaking. (dead people don't deal too well :rolleyes:)

As hard as it is to believe, someone may think I'm bias (naww.. not me), but IMHO you picked the right forum and team to fold for. There are some very knowledgeable people on this forum and they seem to be very friendly in answering repetitive and uninformed questions from "newbs" and in some cases not so new to computers people. :D.

From your post it sounds like you've got a good thing going. (motorcycles and computers :eek:, what are you rich or something, only kiddin' :D)

I can definitely "dig" the part about your bike bein' paid off, but there ain't no way I'm buyin' the ole' lady (your wife) bein' paid off, never gonna' happen (only kiddin') :D

Dang... snagged bullshittin' again. :eek:

I'm pretty familiar with the Outer Banks and it's environs. Many moons ago (in my youth) I was honorably discharged from the USMC after four long yrs. I did the Viet Nam thing and was stationed, while in the US, at both Cherry Point, NC (Havelock) and Camp Lejeune, "J" ville', NC (Jacksonville). Being in the "Corps" I have also been to SC, I was at Parris Island and the Beaufort Air Station while in the milittary and also as a civilian on a
"field team". (not too shaby 4x yrs honorable, Viet Nam vet and still only 20 yrs old), then I went to work at Cherry Point as a "civil servant" and the rest is history. I lived a long time just South of Croatan Nat Forest (something "Kicking Post"), worked in Havelock and made many trips to Morehead City, Beaufort, the Outer Banks, etc)

Yet again another example of what a small world it is..... I was stationed at LeJeune (Lima 2/10) from 11/74 - 12/75. Then off to Oki (The Rock) from 12/75 - 1/77. Back stateside to NAS Millington where I went for BEE and avionics training until 9/77.

Here's where it gets interesting..... after Millington, I was assigned to VMGR-252. Since I was an avionics (Com/Nav) tech, I was attached to H&MS-14 where I spent the rest of my 7 1/2 years in the Corp. So yeah... I have somewhat of a familiarity with Havelock, Morehead City (Nice little beach I spent many hours on), Beaufort (pronounced "Bowfort") in NC which was kind of a quaint little town and Beaufort (pronounced "Bewfort) SC where I had several friends stationed. :D

Pretty freaky to meet someone here that worked at NARF, and was possibly there at the same time.... Honest I didn't know she was your girlfriend......:eek::eek: (just kiddin')

Anyhew... Semper Fi from a Hollywood Marine :cool:

0.png
0.png

Maybe they could give you some tips on folding as a female, being a heterosexual male I don't know if there's any difference in female foldin' vs male foldin' (I've always been taught it's better to be safe than sorry when dealing with the opposite sex :p )

Damn... I was just reading back through the thread when it dawned on me.. I can answer this.

I'm pretty sure the difference is they fold with the seat down.... :p

0.png
0.png

heh...heh... must be another Web-Footed jarhead in da house... those sand flea bites heal eventually. :p

0.png
0.png

Hmm.. I must be "old Corps" (not really, June 67' to June 71') because I don't remember any jokingly
antagnostic (just in fun :p) remarks about what boot camp you went to, to me it was all the same kind of bullsh*t. (only joking, some of the stuff a DI taught you actually saved your life and the lives of your partners) :D

You know how we were "Uncle Sams Misguided Children" (USMC) :)

Semper Fi brotherman :cool:

No new pictures of me (and the crowd goes wild), but I thought I would bump this for new people to see and for some who have not posted to have the chance to show their mug.

Guess I might as well post my mug:

june08sa4.jpg

5 points to anyone who can guess my age, but I doubt it will happen. :D

5 points to anyone who can guess my age, but I doubt it will happen. :D

Wow... nice eyes :D

I'm bad at guessing peoples ages, I'll probably be about 10 years off or something... But I'll try... Uhm...

Well I'm almost 23, and you look older than I do... You look younger than my brother, he's 35... So in between 23 and 35? ;) ... I really can't guess, like I said I'm REALLY bad at guessing peoples ages :)

Edit: Dammit, I can't stop trying to guess now, you have to tell me! You DO look like you could be close to my age... Ahh, it's driving me crazy ;)

Wow... nice eyes :D

I'm bad at guessing peoples ages, I'll probably be about 10 years off or something... But I'll try... Uhm...

Well I'm almost 23, and you look older than I do... You look younger than my brother, he's 35... So in between 23 and 35? ;) ... I really can't guess, like I said I'm REALLY bad at guessing peoples ages :)

Edit: Dammit, I can't stop trying to guess now, you have to tell me! You DO look like you could be close to my age... Ahh, it's driving me crazy ;)

Wow, that's a pretty good guess. I'm 26, I thought it would be harder as everyone says I look like I just got out of highschool at work (clients/coworkers you name it). I've also been carded multiple times while going to the same bar in the same month for chicken wings, and th drinking age here is 19. :mad:

Wow, that's a pretty good guess. I'm 26, I thought it would be harder as everyone says I look like I just got out of highschool at work (clients/coworkers you name it). I've also been carded multiple times while going to the same bar in the same month for chicken wings, and th drinking age here is 19. :mad:

Hey, isn't it better than looking older? Sure it sucks now getting carded for things, but one day we'll be happy people think we're young ;) I get the same thing.. People think I just got out of high school, but I'm 23.

You're really cute too ;) (Good thing it's a girl you're hearing that from, yes?) ;)

Hey, isn't it better than looking older? Sure it sucks now getting carded for things, but one day we'll be happy people think we're young ;) I get the same thing.. People think I just got out of high school, but I'm 23.

You're really cute too ;) (Good thing it's a girl you're hearing that from, yes?) ;)

I suppose that's the bright side, it doesn't bother me much but can get rather annoying in certain situations. Thanks for the compliment! I'd like to tell you what I think of your picture but I don't want to make the guys at Gamestop jealous. ;)

that's a good thing, i thought u were a guy :D :D

I assumed she was a guy in another thread, and was promptly corrected. I won't make the same mistake twice!

I suppose that's the bright side, it doesn't bother me much but can get rather annoying in certain situations. Thanks for the compliment! I'd like to tell you what I think of your picture but I don't want to make the guys at Gamestop jealous. ;)

Gamestop ?? :confused:
mmkay, but you didn't answer the implicit question...

Haha. I'm sure IcedEmotion is married or something :( All the cool guys on here are

Translation: Is this guy married, and if not, does he has a girlfriend ?

;)

Back