• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

let sandy folding commence

this is Pro though ;)

extra SATA port, Intel Nic, and decent Sata port placement (i was considering the LE, but saw the ports, they sucked......)
 
this is Pro though ;)

extra SATA port, Intel Nic, and decent Sata port placement (i was considering the LE, but saw the ports, they sucked......)

I know... but tiger showed they could ship the LE out within 24 hours... bah...
pro was listed as 7-21 days...
 
lol, they popped up there a while ago :D , figured they would take longer to ship

the sata is important for me since this is going to be a file server(need all the drives)


dam amazon still doesnt have the PRO in stock i have been watching it since i got the e-mail ~2 hrs ago

edit: need the full size, for the 8 ports rather than the 6 on the m-atx
 
.....damit the Sabertooth is in stock, but shit for $30 less i get just as similar performing mobo :D
 
Mini-ITX Z68 boards are going to be ideal.

I have been tempted (daily) about getting dual hexacore CPUs. Now just waiting for decent overclockable Z68 mATX boards (or mITX if they exist)... unless I find some SR-2 deal I can't pass up... :)
 
If anyone cares about mobile SNB folding, here is what my 2.2GHz (3GHz Turbo Boost) MBP is putting out
[17:22:51] Project: 6074 (Run 0, Clone 40, Gen 304)
[17:22:51]
[17:22:51] Assembly optimizations on if available.
[17:22:51] Entering M.D.
Starting 8 threads
NNODES=8, MYRANK=6, HOSTNAME=thread #6
NNODES=8, MYRANK=7, HOSTNAME=thread #7
NNODES=8, MYRANK=0, HOSTNAME=thread #0
NNODES=8, MYRANK=3, HOSTNAME=thread #3
NNODES=8, MYRANK=1, HOSTNAME=thread #1
NNODES=8, MYRANK=5, HOSTNAME=thread #5
NNODES=8, MYRANK=2, HOSTNAME=thread #2
NNODES=8, MYRANK=4, HOSTNAME=thread #4
Reading file work/wudata_01.tpr, VERSION 4.0.99_development_20090605 (single precision)
Making 1D domain decomposition 1 x 8 x 1
starting mdrun 'Mutant_scan'
152500016 steps, 305000.0 ps (continuing from step 152000016, 304000.0 ps).
[17:22:58] Completed 0 out of 500000 steps (0%)
[17:27:59] Completed 5000 out of 500000 steps (1%)
[17:32:58] Completed 10000 out of 500000 steps (2%)
[17:38:20] Completed 15000 out of 500000 steps (3%)
[17:43:48] Completed 20000 out of 500000 steps (4%)
[17:48:47] Completed 25000 out of 500000 steps (5%)
[17:53:42] Completed 30000 out of 500000 steps (6%)
[17:58:40] Completed 35000 out of 500000 steps (7%)
[18:03:34] Completed 40000 out of 500000 steps (8%)
[18:08:29] Completed 45000 out of 500000 steps (9%)
[18:13:22] Completed 50000 out of 500000 steps (10%)

I have been out of folding for quite some time so I am not sure if these are decent numbers or not.
 
molson, it looks like your CPU is doing 8,645 PPD on that unit.
 
Thanks for the info Tobit. I will probably keep it folding part time since I am not too comfortable having my new laptop at 85-88C all of the time. I stopped focusing on folding about 2006 when I went to law school. Hopefully I will be able to have some information to add to the Ivy Bridge thread next fall. /minor thread hijack

 
Last edited:
Hey I'm in law school and folding 100% :)

8,600 is sweet for a laptop. I keep my laptop folding constantly. I figure, it was designed to handle such loads.
Posted via Mobile Device
 
thats very good for a laptop


my 2740p with a i7-620m pulls about 3-4k ppd depending on the unit (doesnt usually go above 70c when folding), though its usually BOINCing around :D
 
:D

My Sabertooth is boxed and packed, awating shipment....

although apparently one day shipping does not mean next day..(i choose One Day Select for shipping)

" 12:43:08 : ***: The order should be shipped out today and delivered tomorrow but it is not a guarantee."
 
Ooh very tempting.

Mini-ITX Z68 boards are going to be ideal.

I'd worry about power delivery on those. smaller boards almost always have less robust power systems than larger ones, so a highly OC'd SB running 24/7 at 100% might have a bigger impact on board longevity than it would on an ATX board.. I'd be worried about it blowing and killing my pretty SB chip! :eek:
:D

My Sabertooth is boxed and packed, awating shipment....

although apparently one day shipping does not mean next day..(i choose One Day Select for shipping)

" 12:43:08 : ***: The order should be shipped out today and delivered tomorrow but it is not a guarantee."

You just need to be closer to the warehouse. I'm only an hour away from the NJ one and get almost everything next day, even with free shipping :D

of course, I have to pay sales tax, but most of the time its a lot cheaper than switching to 1 day shipping... so its the 1 day shipping tax :p
 
I'd worry about power delivery on those. smaller boards almost always have less robust power systems than larger ones, so a highly OC'd SB running 24/7 at 100% might have a bigger impact on board longevity than it would on an ATX board.. I'd be worried about it blowing and killing my pretty SB chip! :eek:

You'd be fine as long as you are conservative with your overclock, anything done at stock volts should be a slam dunk. My m-atx Asus board starts getting higher fluctuations on voltage above 1.45v but most people aren't pushing beyond that anyway. I would be perfectly happy with an m-itx Z68 board that could pump 1.35v all day.
 
I'd worry about power delivery on those. smaller boards almost always have less robust power systems than larger ones, so a highly OC'd SB running 24/7 at 100% might have a bigger impact on board longevity than it would on an ATX board.. I'd be worried about it blowing and killing my pretty SB chip! :eek:


You just need to be closer to the warehouse. I'm only an hour away from the NJ one and get almost everything next day, even with free shipping :D

of course, I have to pay sales tax, but most of the time its a lot cheaper than switching to 1 day shipping... so its the 1 day shipping tax :p

i'm in orlando lol, closest one is their TN warehouse, chances are with my luck its coming from CA, wont know till 11 PM EST though...
 
yeah... the pro was listed for 7-21 days till shipping... so I ordered the le... it had not shipped when the pro came in stock at newegg for the same price...

and im an irc nub..
it was before my time...
 
i'm younger than you and i know how to use it !!!!


and ahh, i got one of the last sabertooths i think (went out of stock a few hours after i ordered), so i'm betting CA....
 
i'm younger than you and i know how to use it !!!!


and ahh, i got one of the last sabertooths i think (went out of stock a few hours after i ordered), so i'm betting CA....

lol how do you know how old I am...
 
because you have an internship at HP, i'm a freshmen in college, chances are your at least a Junior in Uni, meaning around 2 years older ;)
 
because you have an internship at HP, i'm a freshmen in college, chances are your at least a Junior in Uni, meaning around 2 years older ;)

the man knows deduction... a few pms later he isn't far off...

got ram and hs in... guess I could get the lapping out of the way...

edit:
unpacked... well the giai is much much closer to mirror finish than a regular 1283 xiggy...
 
Last edited:
board is en-route....from CA.....


sooo.....according to UPS i should have it by 3PM tomorrow (too late ;( i leave at 3 for work)......meh maybe wed i can get it assembled at the least
 
SB system all here....hope to assemble today and get folding asap
 
shows that my mobo is at the local hub...due to be delivered by 7pm ...
can tell you that someone is not working late tonight...
 
Nice. Have fun guys. Patriot, I'm still hoping there's an off chance your mobo will be able to OC that cpu.

 
shows that my mobo is at the local hub...due to be delivered by 7pm ...
can tell you that someone is not working late tonight...

ya, probably wont show up till then either :D

My CPU/Ram, according to the site, teleported from the hub to my house......neither that shipment nor the board were here until 5:18 PM ....hence me having to build today, i atleast got the RAM/CPU installed last night since that was simple......gotta say that intel's CPU install method is a bit awkward compared to AMd's......felt almost like i was going to break the damed thing
 
ya, probably wont show up till then either :D

My CPU/Ram, according to the site, teleported from the hub to my house......neither that shipment nor the board were here until 5:18 PM ....hence me having to build today, i atleast got the RAM/CPU installed last night since that was simple......gotta say that intel's CPU install method is a bit awkward compared to AMd's......felt almost like i was going to break the damed thing

lol... well I am quite used to that method... I have installed in the range of 50 i7s just from my test rack shuffling... there was no plug n run here...
done quite a few sandies as we get proto update boards and such... interesting mechanism...

2011 has a freaking double latch... ugh...
 
3.25 hours or less till I fly home to build this...
 
8+ hours till i can finish mine.....7 hour shift at work, plus drive time, and thats not even counting the dam bloody drunk idiots who will show up and make us close late ;(
 
Windows is installing....took me 10 minutes to figure out why the hell windows setup did not finish....dam bios/EFI was not booting into the drive after the initial part to bloody setup....so once i forced it into booting to the HDD its installing fine...
 
Back
Top