• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

let sandy folding commence

Could be any of the above. I'm not taking drastic measures yet because this is a temporary home until a P67 mobo gets here on Wednesday.

The internet says this chip isn't supposed to have HT, and it isn't supposed to have a GPU.
 
lol sweet... yeah temp sensor looks broke...you can touch the base of the heatsink and know that...

or they have new j values or whatever... and the program doesn't know better

anyone want to recommend a p67 board?
 
Last edited:
lol sweet... yeah temp sensor looks broke...you can touch the base of the heatsink and know that...

or they have new j values or whatever... and the program doesn't know better

anyone want to recommend a p67 board?

ASUS WS Revolution gets high marks. The MSI boards are known to overvolt chips so I would stay away from them and the Gigabyte boards are supposed to have pretty lackluster BIOS implementation.

Pretty much just make sure the board you are looking at includes PLL overvolt options on the newest BIOS and then it just comes down to how you want the GPU slots setup.
 
we still don't know if these will overclock
 
ASUS WS Revolution gets high marks. The MSI boards are known to overvolt chips so I would stay away from them and the Gigabyte boards are supposed to have pretty lackluster BIOS implementation.

Pretty much just make sure the board you are looking at includes PLL overvolt options on the newest BIOS and then it just comes down to how you want the GPU slots setup.

nothing is in stock right now... well except for the h67 motherboards...pah...

if it can't overclock I may just go with an h67 mobo... meh...
if it can... this sucker is for bigadv... not gpu folding...could care less about 4 pcie slots...
 
if it can't overclock I may just go with an h67 mobo... meh...
if it can... this sucker is for bigadv... not gpu folding...could care less about 4 pcie slots...

I paid around $150 for my P8P67M-Pro and I'm cranking bigadv 24/7 at 4.8ghz. I think these are among the cheapest of P67 boards.
 
I will know on Wednesday if it can overclock.

Fwiw its currently crunching a bigadv right now at stock speeds just fine.
Posted via Mobile Device
 
I modified my cooling a bit and got temps down. It's a bit noisy, and SWMBO isn't going to like it, but she only has to deal with it until Wednesday.

It's curently crunching a 6900 at 27k PPD.

e31220.png
 
^ nice.

Your samples didn't have unlocked multipliers by any chance did they?

As you might have noticed, my ES must have been a pretty early sample because it does have HT, whereas the retail model apparently won't. So, I am hoping it also comes with an unlocked multiplier :)
 
Multiplier is not unlocked on the P67 boards I have tried thus far. ES parts tend to have unlocked multipliers.

These were retail purchased parts which is why they may be locked.

You can (in H67/ P67 boards) still get 1-3MHz on the FSB overclock, but that isn't much.

Then again, my i7-2600K hits 5.0GHz on "auto" settings so that is a lot of CPU for not a lot more than these Xeons.
 
^ nice.

Your samples didn't have unlocked multipliers by any chance did they?

As you might have noticed, my ES must have been a pretty early sample because it does have HT, whereas the retail model apparently won't. So, I am hoping it also comes with an unlocked multiplier :)

your SS shows multi at 32... wonder if the model is incorrectly shown.. could be the E3-1230 instead...fits the 32 multi....
 
32 is the 100% loaded turbo multi I think.

I think I saw somewhere that it will ramp up to 33 under light load.
 
Multiplier is not unlocked on the P67 boards I have tried thus far. ES parts tend to have unlocked multipliers.

These were retail purchased parts which is why they may be locked.

You can (in H67/ P67 boards) still get 1-3MHz on the FSB overclock, but that isn't much.

Then again, my i7-2600K hits 5.0GHz on "auto" settings so that is a lot of CPU for not a lot more than these Xeons.

What vcore is the board throwing at it on Auto settings? I gave up on 5ghz after I couldn't get it stable with a 1.45v minimum vcore because the upper voltage fluctuations were close to 1.5v.
 
IIRC it was around 1.41v @ 5GHz. It is a fairly strong chip from what I can tell (and watercooled so it stays cool).
 
i love my WS revolution one of the most stable motherboards ive ever owned. 4.7gh 24/7 stable while 4 gpu's folding on it.

Rock solid board. but no need to get it if your not also GPU folding on it.
 
i love my WS revolution one of the most stable motherboards ive ever owned. 4.7gh 24/7 stable while 4 gpu's folding on it.

Rock solid board. but no need to get it if your not also GPU folding on it.

ever since nvidia decided to put a vista certified sticker on one of their products and never update the drivers for that setup from the beta 2 drivers... we have not been on the best of terms...
folded with an 8800gt and 9800gx2 and gtx 275... but the gfx looked better on my 4870... that aspect of the driver has been fixed on nvidias side... but meh... never bought a new card from them since they shat on me... bidaily bsods linked to nvdias driver... that was 6mo old on vistas release... ati 2600xt fixed the problems...yeah...they lost access to my money...

./endrant...

hope the new opencl client is worth it to finally fold on ati again... wonder if stanford will ever learn how to code for ati ...
 
biostar tp67xe is a great mobo.. ive been folding my 2600k @ 4.9ghz 1.49v for the past few weeks.. about 51k ppd with no gpu folding
 
ever since nvidia decided to put a vista certified sticker on one of their products and never update the drivers for that setup from the beta 2 drivers... we have not been on the best of terms...
folded with an 8800gt and 9800gx2 and gtx 275... but the gfx looked better on my 4870... that aspect of the driver has been fixed on nvidias side... but meh... never bought a new card from them since they shat on me... bidaily bsods linked to nvdias driver... that was 6mo old on vistas release... ati 2600xt fixed the problems...yeah...they lost access to my money...

./endrant...

hope the new opencl client is worth it to finally fold on ati again... wonder if stanford will ever learn how to code for ati ...


i wouldnt hold anything against anybody when it comes to vista except MS.
 
i wouldnt hold anything against anybody when it comes to vista except MS.

Not true, Vista was a necessary and long overdue overhall to the API and driver extension interfaces in Windows. Vista was never the problem, it was the component OEM's who were slow to develop functional drivers for the new driver model. Nvidia was among the worst of these but there were certainly others as well.
 
i wouldnt hold anything against anybody when it comes to vista except MS.

Not true, Vista was a necessary and long overdue overhall to the API and driver extension interfaces in Windows. Vista was never the problem, it was the component OEM's who were slow to develop functional drivers for the new driver model. Nvidia was among the worst of these but there were certainly others as well.

70% of bsods were nvidia driver related... they had a year to figure out the framework...
11% were ati
another 10% were other drivers
9% was ms

anyhow... an msi p67 is back in stock at the egg... but I want the asus lol....cmon....
then again... if its gonna be running at stock... I would just assume buy a h67 for $100
 
Not true, Vista was a necessary and long overdue overhall to the API and driver extension interfaces in Windows. Vista was never the problem, it was the component OEM's who were slow to develop functional drivers for the new driver model. Nvidia was among the worst of these but there were certainly others as well.

in my experience with the time i used vista since it came out till windows 7 i never had an issue with nvidia drivers. only issues i had was with creative.

Dont think i have ever seen a BSOD in vista either.
 
in my experience with the time i used vista since it came out till windows 7 i never had an issue with nvidia drivers. only issues i had was with creative.

Dont think i have ever seen a BSOD in vista either.

they supported their high end stuff... but if you got a motherboard with a nvidia chipset and nvidia igp.... welcome to hell...

as far as their high end stuff goes... I have had about equal troubles from ati and nvidia driver wise... they both could use lessons on drivers...


anyhow... I hope that local shop calls me back and gives an eta of asus p67 mobos....
 
anyhow... an msi p67 is back in stock at the egg... but I want the asus lol....cmon....
then again... if its gonna be running at STOCK... I would just assume buy a h67 for $100

We don't allow such filthy language on this forum. You should be ashamed.



:p
 
I will know tomorrow if overclocking is at all possible
 
Nvidia drivers and Vista are the reason I vowed to never buy another Nvidia product again.
 
Nvidia drivers and Vista are the reason I vowed to never buy another Nvidia product again.

I have... but only used... I have gotten some used ones before for folding... but I got rid of my last card awhile ago...
 
CompUSA/TD has Asus boards in stock, anywhere from 48 hours to 21 days to ship though according to CompUSA......i am on the look out for amazon to get it(PRIME FTW)
 
online only :(

otherwise i would be in the store tomorrow (25 min for me, so i beat ya !!!)
 
My biostar arrives today.....
Posted via Mobile Device
 
I gotta go pick up a cheap SATA drive. The only drive I have for that rig is IDE.
Posted via Mobile Device
 
I gotta go pick up a cheap SATA drive. The only drive I have for that rig is IDE.
Posted via Mobile Device

lol... you need to tell me what your low on when I send you parts...
 
Ugh yeah I should have.
It's ok. I'm moving a 750gb drive from my server to this rig, and I bought a 2tb drive to put in the server for $79.99. I love cheap storage.

No sign of ups man.
Posted via Mobile Device
 
Back
Top