• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

let sandy folding commence

Did you guys ever manage to get the turbo to work on those E3's? They should clock faster than 3.2 when they are pushed.
 
Did you guys ever manage to get the turbo to work on those E3's? They should clock faster than 3.2 when they are pushed.

he is gonna try it on a p67 mobo tonight...

then I will order a board depending on if it can oc or not....
 
he is gonna try it on a p67 mobo tonight...

then I will order a board depending on if it can oc or not....
doesn't look like it can OC. I'm going to see if there's an updated BIOS or something, but at the very max it looks like it might let me force the 34x maximum turbo multiplier. However, even with that set in the BIOS, it appears that, while installing Windows, it's sitting at 3.2ghz.
 
doesn't look like it can OC. I'm going to see if there's an updated BIOS or something, but at the very max it looks like it might let me force the 34x maximum turbo multiplier. However, even with that set in the BIOS, it appears that, while installing Windows, it's sitting at 3.2ghz.

fudge... well even at 3.2...
 
oh, I'm not complaining :)




H67 did that fine right? 3.2 under load?
I don't see a reason to get a P67 if it can't oc...
unless I fall into other chips...which is unlikely that they would be unlocked...
 
folding at 3.2ghz even though I set the multi in the bios to 34. it won't let me input anything higher than 34.

I still want to try to update the BIOS and I'll even give the Biostar software overlcocking tool a try, but I'm doubtful at this point that I'll get anywhere higher than 3.2
 
well thanks alot newegg...



i now have a 2600k and 4 gigs of RipJaw X's enroute from the egg.....just waiting on the board now damit
 
well thanks alot newegg...



i now have a 2600k and 4 gigs of RipJaw X's enroute from the egg.....just waiting on the board now damit

lol... well now I am trying to decide if I want an h67 or get a p67 for higher ram speed... wonder if it matters ppd wise if there is no oc...
 
Probably very little.

Moreso if you bought 2000mhz+ RAM I suppose
Posted via Mobile Device
 
lol... well now I am trying to decide if I want an h67 or get a p67 for higher ram speed... wonder if it matters ppd wise if there is no oc...

well i went with 1600 since its all i need for the other functions of the box (data storage, Oracle databases, and MythTV backend)
 
ordered a board from tiger...

gonna get some cas 6 ddr3 1600 gskill from newegg...
got some stuff sitting in the card...

need another cooler... but can't decide if I want another xiggy or not... gaia ? dual 120s push pull.... I know I can lap and get another 3c off em...they run em rough and they still pull mid pack on coolers...

any suggestions? I want a bolt on....

if it was gonna overclock I was gonna drop $150 on another wc loop...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835426023

this gets high marks performance and acoustically...

then there is the cogage true... xiggy gaia
hmmm
 
Hyper 212+ here. $20 and its keeping it in the 40s-50s under load.
Posted via Mobile Device
 
Love mine, but they are not the easiest to mount.
I'm surprised you think so. I don't find it very difficult....putting four bolts through four nuts and a backplate, then screwing the retention bracket into the top of the bolts.



 
I'm surprised you think so. I don't find it very difficult....putting four bolts through four nuts and a backplate, then screwing the retention bracket into the top of the bolts.




Once you've done it once it is simple, its the comprehensible instruction pamplet they send that makes it initially confusing. They should just include a piece of paper with the url for the youtube instructions for installation with them.
 
Once you've done it once it is simple, its the comprehensible instruction pamplet they send that makes it initially confusing. They should just include a piece of paper with the url for the youtube instructions for installation with them.
haha that might be true.
 
I am mechanically oriented... most of the time I see how things were designed to work by overview
 
CPU and memory are already listed as shipped :D

lets just hope a mobo gets in stock on amazon before the Prime deadline ends, then I may have it up this weekend :D
 
the gaia was the same price... dual fans also... it performs better than the 212 anyways... I got a 2nd 120mm fan... they run quiet and you mentioned the 212 didn't....

I have the sandpaper for lapping and will do that before I mount...
went ddr3 1600 cas 6 :)

and GELID extreme thermal grease based on xbits latest testing... meh we shall see...
got a 2x 24g tubes of arctic for $9 a piece ... that should take a bit longer than the 3.5g $6 tubes of tx-2 I had been running through...

um thats about it... $320 for 28k...
 
It wasn't the 212 that was loud. It was my other heatsink when I cranked up the fan to 100% to keep it cool in my tiny bedroom HTPC case :)

I'm sure you made a good choice though.



 
It wasn't the 212 that was loud. It was my other heatsink when I cranked up the fan to 100% to keep it cool in my tiny bedroom HTPC case :)

I'm sure you made a good choice though.




lol thats good for future reference...
if they drop down to 20 again... I will grab one...

I will be doing a push pull ~58cfm ~14-24db depending if I have them up at full 1500rpms... I figure 1000 will be cool enough and nice n quiet ... probably gonna stick it in my nzxt alpha... c2q has to come out... hence its for sale... lol...
 
with these chips running at stock speeds, you could go for extreme silence and still have temps in check. You could probably run the HS passive in the right case.

 
with these chips running at stock speeds, you could go for extreme silence and still have temps in check. You could probably run the HS passive in the right case.


That is an interesting one. 150w PicoPSU can easily handle the i7-2600K, the issue comes with the fact that you need a GPU with the P67 so that you can overclock. On the other hand, you can use a picopsu and go H67 with no overclocking and no external GPU and probably get away with a single fan on the the CPU heatsink. 2 fans is really easy to do, and saves a decent amount of power just from fewer spinning fans.

Z68 is going to be the grail because you'll be able to have a sub-150w system overclocked in many cases with no external GPU.
 
the internal igp wasnt working... I can stick an x300 in there for gfx and keep low system tdp
 
That is an interesting one. 150w PicoPSU can easily handle the i7-2600K, the issue comes with the fact that you need a GPU with the P67 so that you can overclock. On the other hand, you can use a picopsu and go H67 with no overclocking and no external GPU and probably get away with a single fan on the the CPU heatsink. 2 fans is really easy to do, and saves a decent amount of power just from fewer spinning fans.

Z68 is going to be the grail because you'll be able to have a sub-150w system overclocked in many cases with no external GPU.
yeah. my bedroom htpc is in a tiny case with a i5 2400 at stock speed. It is cooled by a scythe shiruken and has one silent 60mm case fan. It's powered by a 250W psu and I'm using HDMI from the IGP. It's a very powerful, very quiet system.
 
gigabyte had less than par efi implimentation ...
 
gigabyte had less than par efi implimentation ...

The lower end boards have some vdroop issues too....my UD3 does. Even with LLC enabled, it doesn't seem to do much. With that said, it folds stable at 4.5 without issue.

I'm waiting for Fry's to get the new rev in, so I can swap mine out.
 
got an e-mail from amazon saying the P8P67-Pro was instock.....yet to see it on the site as in stock :D
 
got an e-mail from amazon saying the P8P67-Pro was instock.....yet to see it on the site as in stock :D

lol plz post... I have prime and tiger has not shipped my stuff yet... I will cancel my tiger order
 
ill let you know once i get my order placed ;)

I too have prime lol, 2 day shpping should put it here on tuesday with the rest of my stuff


i did get a price with the e-mail : $189.99
 
ill let you know once i get my order placed ;)

I too have prime lol, 2 day shpping should put it here on tuesday with the rest of my stuff


i did get a price with the e-mail : $189.99

I paid 160 for the le... meh
 
Back
Top