Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
31k sounds good. My two gtx460s must take about 8k ppd away.
What is your memory speed? I guess you tried to OC?
Posted via Mobile Device
Patriot and I both have the ES E3 1220 with ht. So you're basically right.Xeon E3-1230 has been putting out just under 29K ppd with no overclock so I'd guess that that is a non o/c i7-2600K
Patriot and I both have the ES E3 1220 with ht. So you're basically right.
Posted via Mobile Device
have not bothered trying "fsb" but yeah multi is locked...
unless someone knows how to use those programming contacts on top...
ddr3 1600 cas 6 ripjaws x
its on a slower unit right now also... not quite as bad as the 2684 if I recall
No its plugged into my far right monitors vga... no sense in giving a dedicated folder a dedicated monitor... My desk is at a 90 at the left end of the test bench...Nice, are you remote administering that system? Are those fans Gelid or Arctic Cooling?

Increasing the bus clock limits multiplier overclock on unlocked processors but there probably isn't much to lose in your case. If you can get 106 bus you will be at 3.4ghz...
Increasing the bus clock limits multiplier overclock on unlocked processors but there probably isn't much to lose in your case. If you can get 106 bus you will be at 3.4ghz...
106 is pretty hardcore IMO. I have an ASUS P8H67-M Evo, P8P67 Pro, P8P67 WS Revolution, Sabertooth P67 and a Supermicro C7P67 at home at the moment and nothing is getting to 105 or 106 bus stable, regardless of the CPU.
here is another 2600k system...pardon the horrid wires and mess.....it keeps it cool
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
106 is pretty hardcore IMO. I have an ASUS P8H67-M Evo, P8P67 Pro, P8P67 WS Revolution, Sabertooth P67 and a Supermicro C7P67 at home at the moment and nothing is getting to 105 or 106 bus stable, regardless of the CPU.
you need a new keyboard
here is another 2600k system...pardon the horrid wires and mess.....it keeps it cool
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
who needs cable management if yer folding nekkid
out of curiosity... those b3 or b2?
you managed to get your hands on a lot quick if those are b3...
you need a new keyboard
Kill graphics cards?
Really?
Posted via Mobile Device
If you set the clock too high then it is very possible, but the hard drive would properly go first. That used to be a problem before mobos without over-clocking features can out (which non k's are back to), just saying that there is a real risk if you are not careful.
It's not the boards. The problem is that there is only one clock generator (embedded in the cpu), everything runs off that. So if you over-clock that, you over clock all the system buses, which many devices base their timings on. This is where Intel has pissed many people off (but I'm loving the K series).
well I know the pcie bus can take 10-15 over... but...dunno about the hard drives...
So if PCIe GPUs can go over 110 pretty reliably what controller could you switch to for boot volumes for highest BCLK? Maybe USB or ethernet? The 35x max 4c turbo on the i7-2600 would make for 35x115 = 4025mhz.
yea, I see what you're saying. If the hard drive controller flakes out before the ethernet or USB controllers, perhaps you could boot from one of them instead. Again, I think this could be a board specific thing. Either that or we just need more data on how the controllers respond to increased clockspeeds. Thats going to require testing... so who wants to step up?Zink said:So if PCIe GPUs can go over 110 pretty reliably what controller could you switch to for boot volumes for highest BCLK? Maybe USB or ethernet? The 35x max 4c turbo on the i7-2600 would make for 35x115 = 4025mhz.
its not a 2600 it has a lower max multi...
stock is 3.1 so I think the max 4c is 34