Just Cause 3

Nobody is claiming they are selling stolen keys. Dont go putting words in my mouth. Selling outright stolen goods is BLACK market. Selling non stolen yet not entirely legit goods is grey market ie. selling Russian cdkeys in the US/EU because of the massive difference in currency values, thats grey market.

Serious question:

If they are selling Russian keys in the US market, didn't CDPR get the money when the Russian keys were bought?

There are only two ways that I know of, technically, that CDPR would not get ANY money:

1) stolen keys

2) literally fabricating them

no sli support :( but hopefully driver updates soon to support it. If they get fallout 4 with sli then i'm going to be really having issues deciding which one to play

I know GMG has some great deals on the software they get from partners etc. That has nothing to do with what i am trying to tell you... They also have incredible deals on stuff they are NOT AUTHORIZED to sell by the publisher. Deals that only grey market sites can compete with... I gave you a specific example with black ops 3. If they are only going through legit avenues to get non authorized keys how are they able to sell titles like BO3 at such a steep discount? I have looked and not found a single legit source that has yet to have a comparable deal, besides the special amazon prime now deal. Simply ask yourself, how can they price it so low when they are clearly not working with the publishers and are not authorized resellers?

I really am uninterested in a drawn out debate over this. You clearly are flat out refusing to acknowledge any point made that shows GMG is using grey market when they cant go legit. The fact that they lie about their official partner status should be enough for you to at least raise an eyebrow. This is not a case of asking tier 1 CSRs and getting bad info. You have publishers flat out saying not to buy from them yet they list them as official partners

totally agree with you regarding GMG, CDKeys etc...it's why I have never (and will never) buy games from them...even before the recent uproar with GMG I never trusted them...they just seem shady...common sense is what I go by...being able to sell every brand new game for crazy cheap never made much sense...and there's more to it then buying codes in other countries and re-selling them due to the cheaper exchange rate...I stick with legit Nvidia/AMD bundled codes for my deals

Game is getting quite mixed reviews.

Just like I thought it'd be, a bunch of open world "do what you want" (Which has no real lasting appeal).

Was really hoping they'd have at least attempted to put in co op or mp of some kind after allllll the work people did getting it into JC2. I mean with the basis of the game resting on what it does you think doing it with a friend would be a worthwhile upgrade they could have done.

Well this is disappointing. Never played the other JC games, but I saw some videos of this one and was actually thinking of getting it. Maybe they'll get it all patched up and playable in a year or so.

Ars review makes it appear to be a buggy mess single player game that has to be online. This is why I do not preorder...
TB says it works fine in Steam offline mode. Besides, the online functions are simply online leaderboards for things like races and such. It's doesn't "have" to be online.

I'm not seeing any evidence of a "buggy mess" in his video, or any of the other YouTube videos I've watched. Although he has mentioned a few bugs, as is to be expected in a launch day, open world PC game. "Performs well and is a great PC port" are his exact words.

I'm not seeing any evidence of a "buggy mess" in his video, or any of the other YouTube videos I've watched. Although he has mentioned a few bugs, as is to be expected in a launch day, open world PC game. "Performs well and is a great PC port" are his exact words.
I've read that it's running shitty on the PS4 and Xbone. Avalanche tends to do decent PC ports. Mad Max ran great for me.

TB says it works fine in Steam offline mode. Besides, the online functions are simply online leaderboards for things like races and such. It's doesn't "have" to be online.

he also says that in terms of gameplay it's a "mixed bag...some of the systems are not well conceived...a lot of the side activities are extremely dull and repetitive...not a huge jump in quality from JC2"

Reports Claim Major Performance Problems for Just Cause 3...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/11/30/reports-claim-major-performance-problems-for-just-cause-3

the year of buggy/broken PC games continues...
The Article You Linked To said:
"According to a report on videogamer.com, itself citing a YouTube video from NX Gamer, framerates sometimes drop to as low as 17 fps (on the Xbone version)"

"No word yet on whether or not the PC version suffers the same problems as its console brethren."

Yup, totally broken.:rolleyes:

Again, the most respected and popular PC gaming critic has said, in his own words "Performs well and is a great PC port" and has not experienced anything resembling a "buggy/broken" game. Are there a few bugs? Sure. Show me a PC game that had zero glitches on launch day.

Basically, you skimmed an article that cites a random YouTube video about the shitty Xbone version and then pronounced the PC port as "broken".
he also says that in terms of gameplay it's a "mixed bag...some of the systems are not well conceived...a lot of the side activities are extremely dull and repetitive...not a huge jump in quality from JC2"
Right. We're talking about it being "broken" though.

Yup, totally broken.:rolleyes:

Again, the most respected and popular PC gaming critic has said, in his own words "Performs well and is a great PC port" and has not experienced anything resembling a "buggy/broken" game. Are there a few bugs? Sure. Show me a PC game that had zero glitches on launch day.

Basically, you skimmed an article that cites a random YouTube video about the shitty Xbone version and then pronounced the PC port as "broken".Right. We're talking about it being "broken" though.

you do understand what a slash mark means right?...and you do understand that I was talking about the year in general when referring to buggy/broken?...so the bugs in JC3 are just the normal bugs all games have??...

Yes. Were you attempting to say JC3 is "broken", buggy or both?

good to know you understand the concept of a slash mark...yes in this instance the slash refers to and/or...and yes based on most of the reviews I've read I think it most definitely is buggier then the norm plus combined with the mediocre gameplay reviews doesn't trend well

good to know you understand the concept of a slash mark...yes in this instance the slash refers to and/or...and yes based on most of the reviews I've read I think it most definitely is buggier then the norm plus combined with the mediocre gameplay reviews doesn't trend well

The biggest issue seems to be some texture weirdness with AMD cards that is fixed by a beta driver.

The biggest issue seems to be some texture weirdness with AMD cards that is fixed by a beta driver.

yeah it's still early as only a few reviews/impressions have come out...should get a better idea tomorrow when more people have had time to play and review embargos have been lifted...right now it's looking like a 7 or 7.5 out of 10

yeah it's still early as only a few reviews/impressions have come out...should get a better idea tomorrow when more people have had time to play and review embargos have been lifted...right now it's looking like a 7 or 7.5 out of 10

The review embargo was lifted half an hour ago.

Were these reviews you read referencing the Xbone version like the one you cited in you poorly sourced/ambiguous post?

how about the Ars Technica link posted earlier in this thread?...of course you don't want to reference that as it goes against your views of this game as being fine from a performance/gameplay perspective...like I said I'll wait for more reviews and I'm willing to concede if the game runs great and the early reports were overblown

Seems in line with what I expected. Sad thing is, an above average review score nowadays means your game is a failure.

It's amusing seeing PC Gamer make a comparison to MGSV and then exclaiming "No depth!". They do realize this is a game about exploring lush landscapes in search of red things to blow up, right?

Not seeing any reports of a "buggy/broken" PC port either. Except in the Destructoid PC review where the author encountered a single glitch which required him to restart.

this game reminds me a lot of mad max but more of a "gta"ish version without gta online or the story mode. basically like gta world with mad max element of liberating things.

I do like how Steam said fuck it and cancelled the sale along with releasing it early. The sale had several hours left.

Getting weird texture bug.
XFX R9 290 Black, latest Radeon Crimson drivers.

What the hell is this shit?
7nWA2t7.jpg

The texture issue seems really common. I keep seeing it all over the internet.

Missing textures... Could be a number of things drivers being one.:rolleyes:

crusty is obviously delusional about the performance of this game...everything is great according to him but multiple review sites (Eurogamer, Ars Technica etc) have mentioned the annoying, sometimes severe bugs

Missing textures... Could be a number of things drivers being one.:rolleyes:
Those particular glitches are 100% a driver problem. That isn't missing textures, the entire polygon is not being drawn.

JC3 is asking the GPU to create a shape, the driver is throwing up it's hands and saying "I have no idea how to do this". One can either wait for AMD to fix their drivers, or try rolling back to an older one. This isn't an issue with the game, per se.
crusty is obviously delusional about the performance of this game...everything is great according to him but multiple review sites (Eurogamer, Ars Technica etc) have mentioned the annoying, sometimes severe bugs
Nah, I just think you're a complete fool/troll to be honest.

Game runs really well and flawlessly (for the most part, I'll come back to that in a moment) for me. Specs in sig. I'm running the game with everything maxed out except Motion Blur (cause motion blur is terrible) and Edge Fade are off. Gameplay wise it's very Just Cause 2 with improvements. It feels better but it is more of what that game offered. Afterburner doesn't seem to work with the game so I can't say what my frame rate was, but it felt rock solid. No slow downs or anything.

Now, as for that "for the most part" I mentioned. I had a really weird texture issue when I first tried playing. All the textures and models were completely messed up (http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...858/8C40E9F85C1E419F14F74D0342FADD92470FA365/). After messing with settings I found out that it was 3D Vision screwing it up. Even when 3D Vision was turned off simply having it enabled when the game loaded completely fucked up the game. As soon as I disabled 3D Vision in NCP everything worked perfectly.

Getting weird texture bug.
XFX R9 290 Black, latest Radeon Crimson drivers.

What the hell is this shit?

Driver issue. Update to the latest beta driver (15.11.1) to fix it. https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/November-30-hotfix.aspx

Game runs really well and flawlessly (for the most part, I'll come back to that in a moment) for me. Specs in sig. I'm running the game with everything maxed out except Motion Blur (cause motion blur is terrible) and Edge Fade are off. Gameplay wise it's very Just Cause 2 with improvements. It feels better but it is more of what that game offered. Afterburner doesn't seem to work with the game so I can't say what my frame rate was, but it felt rock solid. No slow downs or anything.

Ya latest afterburner doesn't work so I just turned on the Steam FPS overlay until it gets fixed. Getting about 55-65 FPS with everything maxed except LOD Distance set to high and shadows set to high, FXAA 1440p

Back