Just Cause 3

I dont get the nit picking.God forbid they make a game thats just based around being fun as shit. I am trying to understand how someone could play JC2 and not have fun. Different strokes i guess but i feel many are just too fucking uptight to simply have fun... Shut the old brain off for a bit and go blow shit up or steal a jet with a grappling hook...

I think JC2 is cool but I played around 7 hours before I quit. Animation/controls being floaty annoyed me to hell and back again. I recognize the potential but how can you have fun when you're being annoyed the entire time. 3 looks better but still floaty tbh. I really want to get 3 but I think I'm waiting.

Agreed. JC2 was interesting but I got bored of the repetitive missions. I have high hopes for JC3. I like sandbox games but if the story is mediocre and gameplay is too arcadey then I pass. Case in point is Saints Row IV that I passed on.

I found the problem with jc2 - to be the aircraft controls on a keyboard. There was no yaw so you have to tilt left or right to change directions. Was impossible on a Keyboard.

I found JC2 very enjoyable once making it even more silly: Installed a mod to make you invincible, another to make your grappling hook unbreakable, and another to give it a much longer range. At that point, all annoyances I had were solved and I proceeded to just run around and cause havoc with abandon. So pointless, and so much fun :).

I found JC2 very enjoyable once making it even more silly: Installed a mod to make you invincible, another to make your grappling hook unbreakable, and another to give it a much longer range. At that point, all annoyances I had were solved and I proceeded to just run around and cause havoc with abandon. So pointless, and so much fun :).

I used a mod that turned Rico into Deadpool, then another to make him invincible, that grappling hook one, and I think I messed around with one that made him fly. For a while I turned the moon into a Deathstar because, why not. I really hope the mod scene for JC3 is as good as it was for the second game.

I found the problem with jc2 - to be the aircraft controls on a keyboard. There was no yaw so you have to tilt left or right to change directions. Was impossible on a Keyboard.

So you use a controller instead for flying airplanes, skydiving and driving cars. Switch back to keyboard for running around on foot and helicopters. I forget now which is better for boats. JC2 has no problem with you switching between keyboard and controller, so you just pick up the controller when you need it and drop it when you don't.

If you feel extremely negative towards controllers (or joysticks and driving wheels), then you'll never get full enjoyment out of games with elements of driving or flying, because that's something that a keyboard just can't do.

So you use a controller instead for flying airplanes, skydiving and driving cars. Switch back to keyboard for running around on foot and helicopters. I forget now which is better for boats. JC2 has no problem with you switching between keyboard and controller, so you just pick up the controller when you need it and drop it when you don't.

If you feel extremely negative towards controllers (or joysticks and driving wheels), then you'll never get full enjoyment out of games with elements of driving or flying, because that's something that a keyboard just can't do.

That's exactly how I played JC2. I loved flying around in the fully loaded little bird and causing trouble.

JC2 got boring in less than a couple hours for me. *shrug*

Same. It was cool to cause wanton carnage whilst admiring the physics of collapsing structures for a while, but other than that there was no compelling reason to actually progress through the game. The AI was as dumb as bricks and the missions were repetitive. You can only blow up shit for a while before it becomes overly pedestrian. Too bad Avalanche hasn't improved those aspects of Just Cause.

The MAIN... MAIN issue with JC as a series, is that they are games that are BEGGING for cooperative multiplayer, but don't have it.

I'm not talking 101+ player ultra servers, I'm talking a handful of friends doing stupid crap a-la GTA Online. This game is literally PERFECT for such a setup, but the devs refuse.

Avalanche's games are all like this. Mad Max was the same way. Decent sized worlds with cool locations and all sorts of cool gameplay aspects but nothing really feels really well thought out and most things are very repetitive. Both JC3 and Mad Max would have benefited greatly from at least coop multiplayer but for whatever reason they don't put it in. Mad Max in particular would have been great with some coop action, and maybe just some better thought out settlement development along with more vehicle customization / missions.

They're good games to pick up once they go on sale, but I wouldn't touch them for $60. I picked up mad max for $30 on this current steam sale which is the highest i'd spend given I likely won't even finish the game. JC3 as well is guaranteed to be on sale for 50% off as well within only a couple months like mad max is. With so many other open world style games that just came out I don't see JC3 selling very well.

If Avalanche ever wants to release a game that will truly be worth remembering they need to ship it w/ at least coop and do a better job with side missions besides just random 'destroy this thing' type of stuff. They need to make a world that is interesting to explore like Bethesda does with their games.

I'll admit I lost interest in JC2 after about 5-6 hours of play. I don't know what it is about JC3, but all of the gameplay vids have me thinking I'll be able to sink many hours into it.

I'll find out in a couple of days I guess!

I'll admit I lost interest in JC2 after about 5-6 hours of play. I don't know what it is about JC3, but all of the gameplay vids have me thinking I'll be able to sink many hours into it.

I'll find out in a couple of days I guess!

Said the same thing before JC2 came out but once you 'goof around' the game grows old fast. I don't see anything different here besides improved graphics, and more ways to blow shit up.

Avalanche's games are all like this. Mad Max was the same way. Decent sized worlds with cool locations and all sorts of cool gameplay aspects but nothing really feels really well thought out and most things are very repetitive. Both JC3 and Mad Max would have benefited greatly from at least coop multiplayer but for whatever reason they don't put it in. Mad Max in particular would have been great with some coop action, and maybe just some better thought out settlement development along with more vehicle customization / missions.

They're good games to pick up once they go on sale, but I wouldn't touch them for $60. I picked up mad max for $30 on this current steam sale which is the highest i'd spend given I likely won't even finish the game. JC3 as well is guaranteed to be on sale for 50% off as well within only a couple months like mad max is. With so many other open world style games that just came out I don't see JC3 selling very well.

If Avalanche ever wants to release a game that will truly be worth remembering they need to ship it w/ at least coop and do a better job with side missions besides just random 'destroy this thing' type of stuff. They need to make a world that is interesting to explore like Bethesda does with their games.

To each their own but shouldn't we allow developers to decide what they want in a game and not make demands that would only serve to take away resources from the thing they clearly want to do? Just Cause 2 sold very well (over 6 million units by Sept 2013 with 5 million active users monthly) so obviously they're doing something right.

Mad Max + DLC has been going for $10-15 since release on a number of websites. You got shafted.

To each their own but shouldn't we allow developers to decide what they want in a game and not make demands that would only serve to take away resources from the thing they clearly want to do? Just Cause 2 sold very well (over 6 million units by Sept 2013 with 5 million active users monthly) so obviously they're doing something right.

Agreed... Some people want a mindless action game where you just to blow shit up and have stress free fun with.

Mad Max + DLC has been going for $10-15 since release on a number of websites. You got shafted.

I refuse to use CD Key websites as I don't want to risk my Steam account for any reason. It's far to valuable to be playing with fire by using cheap russian/indian/etc CD keys. If I can't get the game through amazon/steam itself/GOG/legit NA sources then I won't get it. I've actually had a steam account disabled once; Not willing to make that mistake again. Logging in to find a 'Your account has been disabled.' popup is about the worst thing that you can possibly imagine to us nerds; And there is no getting your account back. Sure, I could make burner steam accounts - But at that point i'd rather just pay the extra money.

they will inactivate the game on your account, don't think they will shut it down, unless you are actively committing fraud

they will inactivate the game on your account, don't think they will shut it down, unless you are actively committing fraud

So was that worth $10-$15? Not in my opinion. I make $10-$15 in an instance in my day trading anyways, or I could just buy one less shitty pappa johns pizza.

i am not arguing for the cd keys site, that is someone else. if its a decent game it can usually be had in the $40+ range through GMG, which to me is usually a pretty good deal.

If I could have gotten it for ~$40 from GMG I would have preordered it, but since they block NA users from using coupons I just passed on the game. I was real tempted by cdkeys, but overall I have a gigantic backlog and it can wait. But I now won't purchase JC3 till it hits $25 or lower on steam and if the reviews generally are bad I probably won't grab it till it's $10 or less. Having a backlog can be good thing also. ;)

i am not arguing for the cd keys site, that is someone else. if its a decent game it can usually be had in the $40+ range through GMG, which to me is usually a pretty good deal.

Gmg is no better than most cdkey sites in most cases. They are an authorized reseller for some publishers most games they get the keys just like the rest of the cdkey sites. A lot of this came to light recently on reddit.

The biggest reason I don't trust these cdkey websites is because you know for a fact a lot of their keys are from stolen shipments via various organized crime syndicates. If they were getting their retail copies of games via legit suppliers they wouldn't be able to sell them for how little they do. Instead they post pictures of these random pallets of games that you know came straight from the factory they were printed in via some guy that worked there that got paid five bucks by organized crime to 'loose' the pallet or some shit. None of it is legit at all IMO. These same cdkey websites probably operate gold farms, cheat sellers, etc that need access to fresh supply of cdkeys to do what they do as well.

The biggest reason I don't trust these cdkey websites is because you know for a fact a lot of their keys are from stolen shipments via various organized crime syndicates. If they were getting their retail copies of games via legit suppliers they wouldn't be able to sell them for how little they do. Instead they post pictures of these random pallets of games that you know came straight from the factory they were printed in via some guy that worked there that got paid five bucks by organized crime to 'loose' the pallet or some shit. None of it is legit at all IMO. These same cdkey websites probably operate gold farms, cheat sellers, etc that need access to fresh supply of cdkeys to do what they do as well.

Bullshit. Very few are the result of outright theft. The real reason they are so cheap is that they take advantage of different currency values. They are able to take x money and exchange it for y money, buy tons of copies in y country and bring it back to x country to sell. That's why you have to be very careful with some keys depending on the game. You don't want a Russian key in a game that will lock you into Russian as a result etc.

That is my very shitty example of what's really going on in sure someone can explain it better.

Bullshit. Very few are the result of outright theft. The real reason they are so cheap is that they take advantage of different currency values. They are able to take x money and exchange it for y money, buy tons of copies in y country and bring it back to x country to sell. That's why you have to be very careful with some keys depending on the game. You don't want a Russian key in a game that will lock you into Russian as a result etc.

That is my very shitty example of what's really going on in sure someone can explain it better.

Thats just one component of why the games are cheaper. They aren't getting these pallets from Indian Retailers though.

Gmg is no better than most cdkey sites in most cases. They are an authorized reseller for some publishers most games they get the keys just like the rest of the cdkey sites. A lot of this came to light recently on reddit.

Nothing came to light on Reddit other than that the moderators of that subreddit are morons. They asked tier 1 CSRs about GMG. Why the hell would they think that T1 support would have detailed information on how games are sold? They even said that GMG didn't have an agreement with WB, which WB had to go out of their way to correct them on because T1 support doesn't know. The bloody community manager they assigned to handle the entire Arkham franchise didn't even know that any source outside of Steam existed for legit digital games. GMG would lose everything if they bought keys from un-authorized sources. Not to mention, they're not based out of some third-world country that has no copyright laws. They're based in the UK where they would face serious lawsuits for pulling the same shit that grey market sellers do.

Nothing came to light on Reddit other than that the moderators of that subreddit are morons. They asked tier 1 CSRs about GMG. Why the hell would they think that T1 support would have detailed information on how games are sold? They even said that GMG didn't have an agreement with WB, which WB had to go out of their way to correct them on because T1 support doesn't know. The bloody community manager they assigned to handle the entire Arkham franchise didn't even know that any source outside of Steam existed for legit digital games. GMG would lose everything if they bought keys from un-authorized sources. Not to mention, they're not based out of some third-world country that has no copyright laws. They're based in the UK where they would face serious lawsuits for pulling the same shit that grey market sellers do.

What? The ubisoft lady gave a link to all supported vendors, guess who is not on it... Activisions privacy department verified they are not authorized, and GMG dont even list Activision as an official partner yet they have tons of Activision keys.

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faq/9/3888/approved-retail-vendor-list/kA030000000ekN9CAI

I hate to be the one to burst your bubble but GMG sales have been obviously way too good to be true on too many new titles. BO3 for $40? GMG dont even list activision as a partner yet they have keys for the brand new black ops at a higher discount than any other site besides grey market key sites... Use your head man dont be fooled. They have plenty of legit keys but they sure as shit are going grey market when they cant get them legit, its painfully obvious.

We observed the sales on Activision's Black Ops 3, and we noticed that their customers received mixed results. Some customers received a ROW copy of Black Ops 3. Others received ROW+Nuketown (pre-order DLC). And others received invalid keys. This is often the result of buying unauthorized keys. Stores will often obtain the keys through different sources to meet the number of sales, but can't assure the customers are getting the same product, or if it's even valid. (There was a large number of invalid keys for The Witcher 3 as well.)

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-dev-disputes-39-witcher-3-promotion/1100-6427129/

CDProject RED says they are not getting their witcher 3 keys from any legit sources... Thats no tier 1 CSR.

The CEO talking about the black ops keys...

Let's be clear here; there is a difference between being an authorized retailer for some titles, and being a retailer selling keys that have been sourced responsibly through authorized third parties with revenue going back to the publisher.

Buying keys from cheap countries and reselling for a profit. AKA grey market and how every CDkey site on the planet operates. DOnt even try saying they are not doing exactly that when they can sell the damn game at a steeper discount then all of their legitimate rivals.

Dnt delude yourself and try passing it off as bullshit. If GMG cant get the rights the legit way they go flat out grey market for keys. This is not really a disputable thing here, its plain as day.

What do copyright laws have to do with anything that cdkey sites do? How does buying russian or indian copies of a game with european money violate copyright laws?

What? The ubisoft lady gave a link to all supported vendors, guess who is not on it... Activisions privacy department verified they are not authorized, and GMG dont even list Activision as an official partner yet they have tons of Activision keys.

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faq/9/3888/approved-retail-vendor-list/kA030000000ekN9CAI

I hate to be the one to burst your bubble but GMG sales have been obviously way too good to be true on too many new titles. BO3 for $40? GMG dont even list activision as a partner yet they have keys for the brand new black ops at a higher discount than any other site besides grey market key sites... Use your head man dont be fooled. They have plenty of legit keys but they sure as shit are going grey market when they cant get them legit, its painfully obvious.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-dev-disputes-39-witcher-3-promotion/1100-6427129/

CDProject RED says they are not getting their witcher 3 keys from any legit sources... Thats no tier 1 CSR.

The CEO talking about the black ops keys...

Buying keys from cheap countries and reselling for a profit. AKA grey market and how every CDkey site on the planet operates. DOnt even try saying they are not doing exactly that when they can sell the damn game at a steeper discount then all of their legitimate rivals.

Dnt delude yourself and try passing it off as bullshit. If GMG cant get the rights the legit way they go flat out grey market for keys. This is not really a disputable thing here, its plain as day.

What do copyright laws have to do with anything that cdkey sites do? How does buying russian or indian copies of a game with european money violate copyright laws?

Buying from authorized resellers is not the same as what grey market sites do. Grey market sites will sometimes use authorized resellers but they also use any keys they can get their hands on, several of which are retail keys and marked "not for reseller". GMG buys either from the publisher themselves or from an authorized reseller. You seem so sure that they're just s grey market site, what proof do you have of their sources? I don't know about you but I'd like solid proof before demonizing a company.

GMG has big sales on games they get direct from the studios as well. They're usually the cheapest non-grey market source for any pre-order. That's been the case for years, even back when they listed Ubisoft as an official seller. Do you really think other big studios like Nintendo (who they are an authorized reseller for in the UK) wouldn't check their credentials before making deals?

Because if they were buying keys the same way that grey market sites do that would be a violation of copyrights. Do you really think places like CDkeys, G2A, and the rest operate out of 3rd world countries with very lax copyright laws for the fun of it? Have you ever noticed that not a single one of the bigger grey market sites operates in 1st world countries? They do it so they can avoid being sued into bankruptcy by publishers protecting their IP. I used copyright in the very generic form, since Copyright Law covers a lot of IP protection. Reselling "not for resell" keys would be a quick trip to the courts.

CDP said they did not know where GMG got the keys, not that it was from an unauthorized source. If GMG was selling unauthorized keys why didn't CDP pursue legal action? They can easily trace where every key came from. If GMG were selling keys that were either stolen or not for resale they could prove it very easily. Amusingly, CDP is still listed under their official partners list.

For the last quote you didn't make it clear which company's CEO was making it nor did you provide a source.

PS: It's 1:40 in the morning so I apologize for the likely horrible spelling and grammar.

Well then I don't need this game in my life looks nice but it's so kooky kinda like the feeling I get from the Saint Row series.

This a good series??? What makes this game stand out besides the free falling.

Play Just Cause 2 and judge for yourself. I put close to 100 hours into it. Just Cause 2 can be had for $5 most of the time if you know where to look.

It's nothing like that at all. Saint's Row sucked. I put 100 hours into Just Cause 2.
I thought SR3/4 were great. It took me a few hours to get into SR3 and SR4 is more of the same but a bit more ridiculous.

I put 132 hours into JC2. Very addicting game. JC3 looks to be more of the same but that's a good thing. :)

I thought SR3/4 were great. It took me a few hours to get into SR3 and SR4 is more of the same but a bit more ridiculous.

I put 132 hours into JC2. Very addicting game. JC3 looks to be more of the same but that's a good thing. :)

Yup. SR3/4 were a lot of fun.

JC2 is a good game but a totally different experience.

CDP said they did not know where GMG got the keys, not that it was from an unauthorized source. If GMG was selling unauthorized keys why didn't CDP pursue legal action? They can easily trace where every key came from. If GMG were selling keys that were either stolen or not for resale they could prove it very easily. Amusingly, CDP is still listed under their official partners list.

For the last quote you didn't make it clear which company's CEO was making it nor did you provide a source.

PS: It's 1:40 in the morning so I apologize for the likely horrible spelling and grammar.

Actually CDP flat out said where they where getting their copies they got no money. It dont get any clearer than that.

The very first sentence in the link i provided...

A representative for CD Projekt Red tells GameSpot that Green Man Gaming's Witcher 3 codes are coming from an "unknown source." As such, none of the revenue from Green Man Gaming's current Witcher 3 promotion will go to GOG.com or CD Projekt Red.

That quote was the CEO of GMG... All you had to do was google the quote and you could have seen it was legit.

http://www.pcgamer.com/green-man-gaming-defends-itself-against-grey-market-key-claims/#!

Nobody is claiming they are selling stolen keys. Dont go putting words in my mouth. Selling outright stolen goods is BLACK market. Selling non stolen yet not entirely legit goods is grey market ie. selling Russian cdkeys in the US/EU because of the massive difference in currency values, thats grey market.

The fact that they list ubisoft and CDP as official partners when neither company wants to recognize them is dubious at best. Ubisoft lists their authorized sellers as i have shown earlier and CDP flat out said dont buy the Witcher 3 from GMG.

I know GMG has some great deals on the software they get from partners etc. That has nothing to do with what i am trying to tell you... They also have incredible deals on stuff they are NOT AUTHORIZED to sell by the publisher. Deals that only grey market sites can compete with... I gave you a specific example with black ops 3. If they are only going through legit avenues to get non authorized keys how are they able to sell titles like BO3 at such a steep discount? I have looked and not found a single legit source that has yet to have a comparable deal, besides the special amazon prime now deal. Simply ask yourself, how can they price it so low when they are clearly not working with the publishers and are not authorized resellers?

I really am uninterested in a drawn out debate over this. You clearly are flat out refusing to acknowledge any point made that shows GMG is using grey market when they cant go legit. The fact that they lie about their official partner status should be enough for you to at least raise an eyebrow. This is not a case of asking tier 1 CSRs and getting bad info. You have publishers flat out saying not to buy from them yet they list them as official partners.

On topic, any early reviews yet? Im going to be pissed if i buy it at $54 and it ends up $20 in the next steam sale.

On topic, any early reviews yet? Im going to be pissed if i buy it at $54 and it ends up $20 in the next steam sale.

Agreed with not getting into a long drawn out debate over it.

I believe reviews will go live sometime today. They've been letting people play the PC version and from what has been shown at least that looks solid. There are a bunch of videos on Twitch if you want to check it out a head of time.

This a good series??? What makes this game stand out besides the free falling.
The game give you a lot of freedom to do what you want with the systems and kooky physics available. TB said it pretty well in his stream on Sunday (of which highlights are now on his Youtube channel). He basically said that if you don't like coming up with creative ways to complete the game's objectives then this game is not for you. There is very little structure to the game beyond the initial missions and guiding objectives.

Back