Just Cause 3

I absolutely had a blast playing JC2 and cannot wait for this one. It was just a fun game to pick up and play, even after I completed the main quest I kept loading it up to blow up more crap. It had pretty good graphics and ran extremely well even on fairly modest hardware.

Said no one ever.

Can't wait for the "too big world" of JC3.

IMO, it is possible to have a world that's too big, if it's filled with huge empty areas that serve no purpose other than to fill a huge world map. It may give the illusion of a huge world, but often times people will find themself trying to traverse across these areas the quickest way possible rather than exploring them.

IMO, it is possible to have a world that's too big, if it's filled with huge empty areas that serve no purpose other than to fill a huge world map. It may give the illusion of a huge world, but often times people will find themself trying to traverse across these areas the quickest way possible rather than exploring them.

Yup.

It's strange but I thought Skyrim did a pretty damn good job with it's world. It's pretty big, (not as big as others) but it had just a crazy amount of things to do. Then there is that underworld you can go into that is pretty big too.

DAI isn't too bad..... but a lot of the areas seem to just be there to really have places for the pesky tablets pieces.

It is farcryitis.

you are just doing the same shit over and over in slightly different places

Man, it would be totally sweet if they added crafting to JC3 like you had to hunt sharks, whales and/or koalas to craft larger wallet to carry larger amounts of money/weapons. :eek:

Man, it would be totally sweet if they added crafting to JC3 like you had to hunt sharks, whales and/or koalas to craft larger wallet to carry larger amounts of money/weapons. :eek:

I hope they don't... I hated the whole crafting thing with FC3 personally

It is farcryitis.

Can't that be said for all games then? Far Cry 1 to 2 was a massive difference. 2 to 3 was also a rather large difference. 3 and 4 were rather similar. But 2, 3 and even 4 had enough variety in mission types to make them fresh.

Just Cause 2 even had some interesting side missions. Like the one where you have to shoot down the rockets before the launch into space.

Can't that be said for all games then? Far Cry 1 to 2 was a massive difference. 2 to 3 was also a rather large difference. 3 and 4 were rather similar. But 2, 3 and even 4 had enough variety in mission types to make them fresh.

Just Cause 2 even had some interesting side missions. Like the one where you have to shoot down the rockets before the launch into space.

Agreed, I enjoyed spying on the enemy caps at distance and locating the alarms and trying to find a good vantage point to take them out with the sniper rifle. Then take out as many enemies as I could until I was out of sniper rounds, and finish whatever remained by moving in closer with my other weapons. Some camps I couldn't get a clean shot on all the alarms and required different tactics. There was enough variation for me to keep it interesting.

Farcry 1 was a completely different game from the rest so it doesn't count. #2 they tried some new things, some worked, some did not. #3 I think had more linear "shooter" segments than #4. Both games become dead easy once you realize you can snipe all the guards from outside the forts. As long as you are not seen and do not miss they will not put up alarms. #4 is the same as #3, but with a couple of extra mission types and more mountains vs rivers. Even blood dragon is the same, but with an extra enemy type and no crafting.

Net results: open world shooters really need something more to distinguish the different areas than just clone stamping a bunch of buildings.

coming "holiday 2015"

what the hell does that mean?

I'll assume christmas, but jeez, a weird way of putting things.

It is farcryitis.

Sounds like every MMO, every FPS, every fighting game, every sports game (apart from the "different places" bit), every etc etc etc.

If the "shit" is fun, that's fine by me.

coming "holiday 2015"

Christmas is an evil oppressive holiday of conquest and hate propagated by Catholics and their bloodthirsty anti-christ leader the Pope.

Had a guy actually tell me that. He was from some brand of offbeat protestant fundamental oddness.

Farcry 1 was a completely different game from the rest so it doesn't count. #2 they tried some new things, some worked, some did not. #3 I think had more linear "shooter" segments than #4. Both games become dead easy once you realize you can snipe all the guards from outside the forts. As long as you are not seen and do not miss they will not put up alarms. #4 is the same as #3, but with a couple of extra mission types and more mountains vs rivers. Even blood dragon is the same, but with an extra enemy type and no crafting.

Net results: open world shooters really need something more to distinguish the different areas than just clone stamping a bunch of buildings.

Agreed, we need some new innovations ! FC3/4 gets a bit boring after a bit

coming "holiday 2015"

That's not an uncommon way to advertise upcoming games or movies a ways out (at least in the US where Thanksgiving and Christmas are major holidays) . It may be a bit too soon for them to nail down a specific release date, but it lets people know to expect it at the end of the year. That could be especially important given that time of year is pretty competitive and full of major yearly IP releases.

"holiday season" is essentially anytime between Thanksgiving and New Years. Heck, when it comes to retail, it may even extend as early as Halloween

I swear JC2 still holds its own compared to modern open world games. Can't wait for this fucking game!!!

I just tried Just Cause 2. The game was looking nice until I found out this is somehow an alpha game. Plus some stuff is damm dumb: The tow truck of the second mission that need to be retow if the mission is fail made me quit and uninstall the game. So I hope that the 3 will be better. And without a demo, I'm for sure not getting this unless the review score are high.

I just tried Just Cause 2. The game was looking nice until I found out this is somehow an alpha game. Plus some stuff is damm dumb: The tow truck of the second mission that need to be retow if the mission is fail made me quit and uninstall the game. So I hope that the 3 will be better. And without a demo, I'm for sure not getting this unless the review score are high.

If you uninstalled a game because of an aspect you didn't like while playing ALL the way up to the 2nd mission, you should probably not buy JC3... Or any game for that matter. Surely every game will have an aspect you don't like, regardless of how good the reviews are.

I found just cause 2 boring as hell even though i found the first game quite fun, can't really explain why though. The online mod was a ton of fun especially the races shame this game wont have it. Nothing i've seen has grabbed my interest yet, game play looks identical to 2 with better textures. Even the select destructible objects look identical (oil rigs, guard towers and gas stations *yawn*)

If you uninstalled a game because of an aspect you didn't like while playing ALL the way up to the 2nd mission, you should probably not buy JC3... Or any game for that matter. Surely every game will have an aspect you don't like, regardless of how good the reviews are.

I doubt this. I dislike stuff of games all the time and I don't uninstall.
If you tell me the second mission two truck is not dumb and look like a low quality game.

I doubt this. I dislike stuff of games all the time and I don't uninstall.
If you tell me the second mission two truck is not dumb and look like a low quality game.

It's been so long since I've played the game that I don't remember the specifics of the second mission or the two trucks. What I do know is that I played through the main campaign as well as most of the side missions and I found it enjoyable. Now I'm not saying because I found it enjoyable, you should too, different strokes and all. But I think to judge a game based on a single aspect of just the second mission is a little premature.

If you're looking for useful user reviews regarding a game, how much credence do you give to a person who gives their opinion on a game as a whole when they've only played it for 10 minutes?

I just tried Just Cause 2. The game was looking nice until I found out this is somehow an alpha game. Plus some stuff is damm dumb: The tow truck of the second mission that need to be retow if the mission is fail made me quit and uninstall the game.

Just Cause 2 had missions?

Do you mean explosions? I completed lots of explosions.

JC2's story was just so so. It was never frustrating though when I completed the game years ago

The story wasnt the main draw of the game though. The open world mayhem and fuck around ability was 99% of why the game was great. I love the rag doll physics too

JC2's story was just so so. It was never frustrating though when I completed the game years ago

The story wasnt the main draw of the game though. The open world mayhem and fuck around ability was 99% of why the game was great. I love the rag doll physics too

Agreed, I don't even know what the story was about, I just enjoyed getting 100% destruction on the bases

you can preorder this from GMG for $41.58 - coupon code 23OFFH-OLIDAY-WEEKND

kind of a long wait, but the price is the sweet spot for what i'll pay on new games

Last edited:
Just Cause 3 is set for a December 1st release on PS4, Xbox One and PC, developer Avalanche announced during Square Enix's E3 2015 press conference...it will give players over 400 square miles to swing and glide around via their grappling hook and parachute...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggKKCyJXHOA

Deus Ex, Fallout 4 and this. Getting crowded this year. Glad that Mass Effect is 2016. Good to keep the games spaced out.:p

Deus Ex, Fallout 4 and this. Getting crowded this year. Glad that Mass Effect is 2016. Good to keep the games spaced out.:p

Deus Ex is 2016...SW: Battlefront, Fallout 4, Just Cause 3 all within a 4 week period is going to be killer...2015 has been a good year for gaming- Bloodborne, Witcher 3, Scholar of the First Sin

Is it me or it's better does not suck as the two was. I've quit because the game was somehow in alpha state and the checkpoints was retarded.

Not sure if you played the same game I did. :p
JC2 was awesome fun, just exploring and blowing stuff up. Yeah, the physics were a little quirky, especially the part you were talking about where you have to tether 2 vehicles together and tow one around, but you should really give it another chance. That's like 3 minutes out of a 100+ hour game, and if I remember correctly that one mission is the only time that particular game-mechanic is actually required.

Don't take it too seriously, and it's one of the most fun video games ever. It's definitely not an alpha-build quality game - it works very well, it has a massive game world to explore, and almost all the missions are fairly well polished. And the quirks are what make it fun a lot of the time – it’s one of the only games I know where you can do similar blowing-stuff-up missions over and over and it’s fun and different every single time. The unpredictability is what makes it awesome.

...now if all you played was the multi-player mod, I could see your comments being more valid. The multi-player mod was built by a 3rd-party developer, and is definitely a pre-alpha quality build.

But honestly, the single-player game of JC2 is one of my all-time favorite games. It's just such a massive amount of fun to explore, blow stuff up, play around with the vehicles, and just screw around. Think I've spent somewhere in the ball-park of 120-150 hours in the game, and I still need to re-play it before the 3rd one comes out.

Is it me or it's better does not suck as the two was. I've quit because the game was somehow in alpha state and the checkpoints was retarded.

Keep tryin' on that English, buddy. ;)
Yeah, I expect JC3 to be a little better. It will probably be more polished, have better physics and better graphics, but don't expect it to be call-of-duty style where it's so polished and predictable that it loses all the fun. The whole point of the Just Cause games is to play around in a physics sandbox where anything can happen, and just enjoy the mayhem that plays out with each unique encounter.

Oh, and also, I think all the footage we've seen from JC3 so far has been pre-rendered trailers, so don't assume from those that the game will be that much more polished than JC2. The consoles are still holding back the threshold on graphics and physics capabilities, so it’s not going to be a massive leap forward in quality any time soon.

Last edited:
Back