Just Cause 3

Loving the game so far.. Performance has been flawless and I haven't experienced any bugs. If their is one minor complaint, it would be not being able to skip cutscenes.

Lovely physics and the explosions are glorious!

EDIT: Nevermind, can skip from ESC menu

i spent 5 minutes just flying with the wingsuit around... great feeling

Does anyone else feel driving is incredibly difficult? I am using mouse/keyboard.. not sure if different with a controller, but I feel like when I hit a turn key the car kinda directs left or right then almost immediately makes a very sharp turn. That's probably a pretty bad description... but I find myself turned around a lot and steering myself off cliffs lol

Does anyone else feel driving is incredibly difficult? I am using mouse/keyboard.. not sure if different with a controller, but I feel like when I hit a turn key the car kinda directs left or right then almost immediately makes a very sharp turn. That's probably a pretty bad description... but I find myself turned around a lot and steering myself off cliffs lol

Quite frankly the driving sucks ass. I avoid land vehicles entirely. I either get a helicoptor or parachute/wingsuit anywhere.

Sounds like not much is different from JC2. Just better graphics and more random tasks. Will wait for the game to go on sale, not worth what they want for it.

Not sure why this game has performance issues when Mad Max uses the same updated engine from Avalanche.

Sounds like not much is different from JC2. Just better graphics and more random tasks. Will wait for the game to go on sale, not worth what they want for it.

Not sure why this game has performance issues when Mad Max uses the same updated engine from Avalanche.

I'll wait for the multiplayer mod.

Game runs really well and flawlessly (for the most part, I'll come back to that in a moment) for me. Specs in sig. I'm running the game with everything maxed out except Motion Blur (cause motion blur is terrible) and Edge Fade are off. Gameplay wise it's very Just Cause 2 with improvements. It feels better but it is more of what that game offered. Afterburner doesn't seem to work with the game so I can't say what my frame rate was, but it felt rock solid. No slow downs or anything.

Now, as for that "for the most part" I mentioned. I had a really weird texture issue when I first tried playing. All the textures and models were completely messed up (http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...858/8C40E9F85C1E419F14F74D0342FADD92470FA365/). After messing with settings I found out that it was 3D Vision screwing it up. Even when 3D Vision was turned off simply having it enabled when the game loaded completely fucked up the game. As soon as I disabled 3D Vision in NCP everything worked perfectly.

Driver issue. Update to the latest beta driver (15.11.1) to fix it. https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/November-30-hotfix.aspx

Running flawlessly here for me as well @1620p maxed out, SMAA. PLayed about 2 hours or so, smooth as butter.

I'll wait for the multiplayer mod.

I'm still confused as to why they can't at least add a simple coop option to these games. It'd make the game at least twice as fun playing with a friend. Said the same thing about Mad Max. Perfect setup for coop, but they just won't do it.

I'm still confused as to why they can't at least add a simple coop option to these games. It'd make the game at least twice as fun playing with a friend. Said the same thing about Mad Max. Perfect setup for coop, but they just won't do it.

While it could be fun there is a big balancing act when doing co-op stuff in games like this. You have to make it fun for multiple people but also make it fun for a single person. Most open world games fail in one aspect of those or another. Off hand I can't think of any that have gotten it perfectly right. Far Cry 4's co-op stuff is fun but it's also kind of limited.

So how is the game? Will try it tonight.

Awesome, runs extremely smooth at 4k with a 980ti + 6700k with most settings set to high/max as that's what the game defaulted to.

This game is such bloody good fun =)

There really should be a ban on citing anything about PC coming from IGNorant. Not saying that there is no validity to the claims, but please use a better source.

Theres nothing wrong with the article FFS its about console performance.

Game is running surprisingly well for me @ 1440p on a single 680. I hope they release a SLI patch soon.

There will not be any sli support. According to NVIDIA, jc3 engine is incompatible with multi GPU solution. Probably fire won't work too. Looks like multi-GPU solutions are becoming more and more niche. http://www.tweaktown.com/news/48732...e-incompatible-multi-gpu-solutions/index.html

That sucks. I don't understand how mad max works well in sli and just xause which uses the same engine is incompatible. Oh well atleast it still runs at mostly 60 fps minimum

lol, I love the fact that in the options for flying I put "e" as my descend key (I made sure nothing else used it on the helicopter controls).

I get into a helicopter and go up as high as I can and then push e to descend and instead of descending he jumps out and freefalls...

Wish I knew that the key tied to internet (listed only in "on foot" controls) would conflict with any vehicle controls.

I am getting terrible stutters in this game, really annoying. The first part was ok but once you get into the truck ank dthings it starts getting really jumpy.

What is the freaking deal with recent games tying your framerate to the games speed? (IE physics motion, etc). This aind Fallout 4, are we back in the 90's? They stopped doing this for a reason.

lol, I love the fact that in the options for flying I put "e" as my descend key (I made sure nothing else used it on the helicopter controls).

I get into a helicopter and go up as high as I can and then push e to descend and instead of descending he jumps out and freefalls...

Wish I knew that the key tied to internet (listed only in "on foot" controls) would conflict with any vehicle controls.

I am getting terrible stutters in this game, really annoying. The first part was ok but once you get into the truck ank dthings it starts getting really jumpy.

What is the freaking deal with recent games tying your framerate to the games speed? (IE physics motion, etc). This aind Fallout 4, are we back in the 90's? They stopped doing this for a reason.
Because syncing multiple threads running at different speeds is hard work. Not excusing the behavior, just putting it out there.

I own JC2 and I'm guessing it's pointless to even try with JC3 which is essentially an improved version?

There will not be any sli support. According to NVIDIA, jc3 engine is incompatible with multi GPU solution. Probably fire won't work too. Looks like multi-GPU solutions are becoming more and more niche. http://www.tweaktown.com/news/48732...e-incompatible-multi-gpu-solutions/index.html

SLI-ight Confusion With SLI in Just Cause 3, It’s Definitely Possible, NVIDIA Employee Mispoke

Read more: http://wccftech.com/sli-ight-confus...ssible-nvidia-employee-mispoke/#ixzz3t6MS5wrw

SLI-ight Confusion With SLI in Just Cause 3, It’s Definitely Possible, NVIDIA Employee Mispoke

Read more: http://wccftech.com/sli-ight-confus...ssible-nvidia-employee-mispoke/#ixzz3t6MS5wrw

Basically saying it is too much work and not worth their time so they aren't going to bother in a more pr friendly way blaming the engine instead of making themselves look like they are too lazy or don't care to appease their customers who bought two of their video cards. I am done with sli or 4k gaming if this is nvidia response to any game release that isn't sli friendly

Basically saying it is too much work and not worth their time so they aren't going to bother in a more pr friendly way blaming the engine instead of making themselves look like they are too lazy or don't care to appease their customers who bought two of their video cards. I am done with sli or 4k gaming if this is nvidia response to any game release that isn't sli friendly

I read somewhere that Just Cause 3 was using the Mad Max game engine. Last time I checked there was an SLI profile for Mad Max so why not this game?

"SLI is engine agnostic" in one sentence, and in the very next says it requires modifications to the engine from developers. It's like they start of by saying nVidia is wrong and SLI works, but when you read it's more like, nvidia is right on the money and can't make it happen without the developer getting involved.

"SLI is engine agnostic" in one sentence, and in the very next says it requires modifications to the engine from developers. It's like they start of by saying nVidia is wrong and SLI works, but when you read it's more like, nvidia is right on the money and can't make it happen without the developer getting involved.
I would not take much of anything WCCFTech says seriously. They just want the clicks.

Something that really helped me with my stuttering.

In launch options put "/borderless /windowed"

In game go to the graphics options and turn fullscreen off.

Played the first mission. Apparently if you nudge the enemy cars with your car, they will explode. I get that JC2 was never very realistic, but this is ridiculous. I feel like the game wants me to love it, and is convinced that gratuitous explosions are the way into my heart.

Also, how does one aim now?

12 hours played and I'm still having a great time with this! Never got that far with JC2.

They have definitely improved it in a lot of areas. While I was playing, it kinda felt at times like an amped up version of Red Faction Guerrilla, but with way more freedom of movement and slightly less building destruction.

It definitely is repetitive but the formula is solid and rewarding. It's one big destruction playground and they give you all the right toys make stuff go boom.

I hope none of you experience the pause so that the game can login to the server crap. It is helluva annoying. Every time that you look at the map it does it when the servers are overloaded. Total Biscuit says that the fix is to play the game while Steam is in Offline mode. That's not much of a fix to me.

Otherwise the game is fun. I can see myself finishing this one like I did Mad Max. Repetitive but fun is fine with me.

Zowie this thing is wild fun. A gorgeous wild sandbox. You can't do it a lot better than this. I've already had several laugh out loud moments from sheer insanity.

My performance has been stellar. A 980Ti at 1920X1200 with everything maxed out and I'm shredding this game sometimes near 100fps. I haven't had the first problem of any kind so far.

I would certainly hope a 980Ti would be able to easily cope with 1200p

Zowie this thing is wild fun. A gorgeous wild sandbox. You can't do it a lot better than this. I've already had several laugh out loud moments from sheer insanity.

My performance has been stellar. A 980Ti at 1920X1200 with everything maxed out and I'm shredding this game sometimes near 100fps. I haven't had the first problem of any kind so far.

Damn a 980TI is overkill at that resolution.

Frustrated with this, unlike GTA V and Mad Max this game doesn't like the coexistence of keyboard/mouse and Gamepad at the same time...

That sucks. I don't understand how mad max works well in sli and just xause which uses the same engine is incompatible. Oh well atleast it still runs at mostly 60 fps minimum

Same thing happened to Batman Arkham Knight, the previous Batman games worked fine for SLI on the same engine but for Knight nopers.

Frustrated with this, unlike GTA V and Mad Max this game doesn't like the coexistence of keyboard/mouse and Gamepad at the same time...

Thats a killer!

I don't like driving with a KBM, but I hate aiming with a controller...

When you say "Gamepad", what exactly do you mean? JC2 worked great with the XBox 360 controller and keyboard.

I have kb/m and an xbox one pad and it's been ok, except that you can't seem to invert the Y axis on the pad but not the mouse like I think you could with JC2, and which means I've ended up on kb/m only. But that's ok, because the controls seem a lot slicker in the new one.

Back