Ikea desk gallery

Galant T Leg...

5396286674_49974d9031_b.jpg

5395683317_451047197f_b.jpg

5396291184_214826b47c_b.jpg

Going to Ikea tomorrow, not sure what I'll walk out with. Wish me luck on not spending over $200.

I am glad I only have one light source in my room. Damn glossy shit samsung is adding over their LED displays kills me.

You should try putting your lights "behind" your screen. I have a 40" Sharp LE820 w/ the glass front and it's helped a lot. I got a warm white flourescent bulb and velcroed it to the back of the monitor.. then plugged it into a belkin surge w/ remote ac switch.. now I can turn the lights off from the bed.

[/img]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5137/5398750807_5b0ec9ff4c.jpg[/img]
workstation by 77Pat, on Flickr

Ikea Vika Amon/Curry(one 59" length and one 47.25")
Ekby Jarpen shelf with 4" capita legs

Grab a simpson bracket from your local hardware store along with some screws. then you can get rid of that leg in the middle. ;)

you are gonna hurt your eyes permamently if you continue read newspapers on tv set

plz remove img tags when quoting images. ;)

desktop.jpg

Ikea Vika Hyttan SS Table Top, Vika Byske Legs in Chrome, 8" Capita SS Legs, Ekby Mossby SS Shelf. FWIW, Chair is Zuo Modern Eco in black leather and I'm using three Ergotron LX 45-241-026 Desk Mount LCD Arms for the monitors. The case is of course a Lian Li PC-A77 (replaced front bezel with the one from the 77F) and even the mousepad is the aluminum Steelseries SX. What can I say? I like metal finishes.
keyboardthewayIlike.jpg

Here's my office. Sorry, I don't have a decent camera so these are all... ugly and blurry. I'm still trying to figure out how I could hire the wiring without cutting up the desk.

gVmxr.jpg

SpIst.jpg

Eau7D.jpg

F3x4z.jpg

Last edited:
thanks. im trying to figure out what desk to add to my fredrick to get an "L" setup

Just wondering if anyone has a white glass top Galant from Ikea? I've been considering to get that and tossing out my current L-shape black/clear glass table

There are several tops available, the ones that are glass which are available for both vika and galant have four cylinders on each corner with pre drilled holes. They also came out with chrome plated T legs opposed to the standard grey ones

I recently purchased a new Pioneer Elite A35-R amp and also some Polk RTi A3's in black. The amp is in and i love it. The speakers should be in by Tuesday. Crutchfield has a heck of a deal when you spend $499+ on Polk speakers you can get a $300 Polk sub for free with it!

Pictures coming soon...

I was able to purchase a Galant corner desk with 2 extensions for $50 a week ago, I'll post pics as soon as I'm done getting everything set up just the way I like it.

Ikea galant t-leg + half round extension piece + a monitor stand I made from an extension top + Capita 16mm legs.

Effektiv cupboards + grundtal lighting. Pretty pleased with it, quality of surface is yet to be tested though, although it looks a bit fragile :(

5BfjA.jpg

Where the hell are you? Why are you sandwiched in so tightly with a bathroom sink in there?

I asked the same thing in the other thread.. Apparently somebody got bored and stuck a bathroom sink in the bedroom.

I'm wondering if he also has a toilet in there? He doesn't have to ever leave his domain.

Yeah but playing computer games after you've had the green apple splatters in the same room would get old pretty quick.

Back