Ikea desk gallery

Damn, and I thought one 3007WFP-HC was going be enough. Good luck on getting the second/third :p.

lol nevermind forget this whole post. once i realized which holes on the brace bars went with the wood screws and which ones went with the hex screws it all clicked.

desk #2a
3ke3o43p9ZZZZZZZZZ92bde7b2cba2200147f.jpg

can anyone tell me what height your supposed to set that flat cross brace that sits in the back connected to the 2 legs?

3289251697_3deff91d78_b.jpg

Ikea Galant Corner - Left, with a Half Round table top on the short side. [decided to just cut it down and make it work [adds an extra 15" to the short side]..

Another proud Galant ower...However, did you try buying one on craigslist?

It kinda makes me cringe to see you pay around $350 for your's when I got mine with the extension but not the half round for $25 :)

I did, I actually waited a WHOLE day before deciding to jump on a new one :D..

A 30" will look great on that desk. Off topic - how are the Dell 30" monitors with gaming? Any lag?

ok so after hearing how IKEA rock's on the 5th of this month I ordered a fredrik desk. well i was shocked to see a 140.00 desk cost 155.45 to ship 36 mile's ( i have no car)! But i ordered anyway. well its been 2 week's and nothing! Ive called Ikea 3 time's i keep getting rude CSR's who give me deff story's about the shipping Company. also i cancelled the first order and havent received my money back yet on my debit card either!!
P.S english is'nt my first language sry for bad writeing.

ok so after hearing how IKEA rock's on the 5th of this month I ordered a fredrik desk. well i was shocked to see a 140.00 desk cost 155.45 to ship 36 mile's ( i have no car)! But i ordered anyway. well its been 2 week's and nothing! Ive called Ikea 3 time's i keep getting rude CSR's who give me deff story's about the shipping Company. also i cancelled the first order and havent received my money back yet on my debit card either!!
P.S english is'nt my first language sry for bad writeing.

In regards to the bad run in with Ikea, a couple of thoughts I had. As for your shipping $15.45 to ship the Fredrik desk 36 miles isnt that bad. Remember shipping is based on Weight, and Dimensions, shipping a large box containing a desk will certainly cost a pretty penny. As for the refund, I do know that usually you can expect to wait at least 7-10 business days before any refund is actually issued or shows up on your card. Thats not an issue with Ikea, that is kinda standard for most companies.
As for the 2 weeks....not much I can say there, thats just bad luck and im sorry to hear it. The desks ARE amazing. Hope you have better luck on your next purchase.

Love the jerker as well...I was going to pick one up as well but after figuring out the dimensions it would not fit all 3 of my 20WMGX2's and I got one hellava deal on the Galant

I was lucky enough that a co-worker gave me his old school jerker desk, no top or brackets going up, just a big old flat top so I made a shelf from some items at Ikea and have my three 24" monitors sitting on very comfortably so they are not hanging off the back or even over hanging the sides, love this desk! Need to post pictures soon though.

I just started looking at my desk and after almost 8-9 years with this peice of crap desk I'm finally ready for a change. I've been thinking of getting the GALANT Corner desk - left but I'd like to know if the people that own it can sit directly in middle of the cut out? From the pictures it looks like everyone is a little off center, and I'm guessing [if you cant] it would be because of the legs? In this picture the owner was able to add the half-round table top to the right side, but does anyone know if I can buy a half-round table top for the left side? Online, the discription reads "To be mounted as extension top on GALANT table tops with a depth on 31 1/2" So I guess I need to know if the depth of the desk is the same on the left and right side? I think If I'm able to add the half-round table top to the left side I'd be able to get the left legs out of the way to be able to sit directly in the middle, So I think. :confused:

= [ME] :D
yes, you can actually get the half rounded for the left side, they make them for both ends of the table.

In regards to the bad run in with Ikea, a couple of thoughts I had. As for your shipping $15.45 to ship the Fredrik desk 36 miles isnt that bad. Remember shipping is based on Weight, and Dimensions, shipping a large box containing a desk will certainly cost a pretty penny. As for the refund, I do know that usually you can expect to wait at least 7-10 business days before any refund is actually issued or shows up on your card. Thats not an issue with Ikea, that is kinda standard for most companies.
As for the 2 weeks....not much I can say there, thats just bad luck and im sorry to hear it. The desks ARE amazing. Hope you have better luck on your next purchase.
That's $155.45 not $15.45. ;)

$300 is a bit ridiculous for the Frederick if you ask me, there are many better desks that could be had for that much money. If you really wanted one that bad just pick up one on Craigslist and pay a little extra to have the guy drop it off. Heck, it would be cheaper to even rent a truck to go pick it up.

thx. that's insane. I could have used that at a few raves I threw back in the 90's.\

i'll get back to topic.

Nice Galant! Same configuration as mine except I've got one with dark brown wood. We've got the same MacBook Pro, too.;)

sorry for all of the big photos. been looking through these forums for like a year now and i finally think my set up is worth showing. here is my old setup.
_2134951.jpg

then i went to IKEA
250669935749.jpg

and got a new desk and I also went to Best Buy and picked up 2 new monitors and a DVD player. this was right after i built everything, sitting in the middle of my living room
250669872645.jpg

and this is its final resting place with the different lighting settings
_2194966.jpg

_2194967.jpg

_2194968.jpg

_2194970.jpg

_2194980.jpg

my new SideWinder X6 keyboard, very bright at night, looks great
_2194981.jpg

my case with my horrible wire management
_2194986.jpg

these are the wires to the lights on the shelf, best way i could manage them
_2194961.jpg

_2194959.jpg

the touch button for the different dim settings, so convenient
_2194989.jpg

the shelf above that holds my games, Buddhas and bill holder
_2195001.jpg

and finally view of the semi neat wire managment
_2195002.jpg

so what do you guys think? I know its nothing compared to some of these other setups, but is it worthy? lol

I wonder why most of you seem to have the CD version of Battlefield 2. Is that USA only? I've never seen it here in Europe. It's only the DVD version here (luckily).

I wonder why most of you seem to have the CD version of Battlefield 2. Is that USA only? I've never seen it here in Europe. It's only the DVD version here (luckily).

I live in Europe and I bought BF2 when it was like a month old, and I got a cardboardbox with a BF2 headset and a BF2 CD.

sorry for all of the big photos. been looking through these forums for like a year now and i finally think my set up is worth showing. here is my old setup

so what do you guys think? I know its nothing compared to some of these other setups, but is it worthy? lol

I think you shouldn't use Photobucket ;) I see a bunch of unavailable pics.

Back