Ikea desk gallery

Looks like a jerker desk to me. He has a shelf with the same color on the side.

Updated:

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

Invisible computer setup: Old as hell - Already redid the room... I'll post up in Workstation thread soon... hopefully...

20082sn0.jpg

20081qd6.jpg

20087fm0.jpg

DSCF0077.jpg

DSCF0079.jpg

DSCF0081.jpg

redid the closet:

DSCF0050-1.jpg

DSCF0073-2.jpg

DSCF0074-2.jpg

DSCF0075-2.jpg

DSCF0072-1.jpg

setup still isnt' where i want it yet. i need to get my mounts for my 2 soyos to make my triple monitor display with the westy, and put some photos up. i'll also clean up some too ;) :D

the desk in the closet is the original style jerker (not the same color as the others sadly but $45 i can't argue :D), the middle one is the second style jerker, and the table jerker on the far right.

thats an ikea futon behind my desk btw ;). i also need to buy one of those ergohuman chairs or 2 :D

i may get a second 37 inch westy for the living room, then when 52 inch monitors are at their cheapest (or too hard to resist lol) i'll move the table jerker to the middle and have dual 37 inch monitors :D. i hope that won't be too much weight for the desk with the 2 24's in portrait mode, for a possible quadruple setup? ;)

Lots of great pictures. Keep them coming. I want to push for this to be stickied.

I'm with lloose... I vote for sticky too :)

I just bought a Jerker (California) from craigslist... only $40 and in perfect condition :eek: I love it... don't have clue as to why she wasn't asking at least $75 for it though :D
I will post some pics as soon as I get 'em taken.

I'm with lloose... I vote for sticky too :)

I just bought a Jerker (California) from craigslist... only $40 and in perfect condition :eek: I love it... don't have clue as to why she wasn't asking at least $75 for it though :D
I will post some pics as soon as I get 'em taken.
i've always wondered myself why people on craigslist sell stuff for so cheap. oh well :D

there's a bunch of Jerkers for sale around me

They're all the light birch which I'm not a fan of

I have a Galant with the A-legs and black-brown wood and it is F-ing awesome. My room in my apartment is only about 10x12, but there is easily enough room for the desk, a bed, night stand, and a shelving unit which houses my TV, books, and some of my clothes!(from Ikea as well)

Just thought I would share, I love Ikea!

Galants look great but cost way too much imo.

There are a lot of jerkers on craigslist around me as well, but unfortunately don't come in white =\.

I just bought a light colored Jerker off someone in kijiji. They are SO hard to find in canada, I read so much about them, apparently they only sold them here for a short time, so limited quantities are avaliable. I paid $80 for it so not too bad of a deal, I'll be posting a pic up soon =)

There is a galant, nearly brand new on craigslist near me for 100 dollars. I can pick it up tomorrow at noon. Should I get it? Here is my current setup.

DSCN9645.jpg

This is the galant that they are selling.
21112_PE106123_S3.jpg

The nearest ikea is 3 hours from my house, but I am currently out of town and there is the galant 15 min from here. What should I do? -_-

There is a galant, nearly brand new on craigslist near me for 100 dollars. I can pick it up tomorrow at noon. Should I get it? Here is my current setup.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n98/kevinlunt/DSCN9645.jpg

This is the galant that they are selling.
http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/21112_PE106123_S3.jpg

The nearest ikea is 3 hours from my house, but I am currently out of town and there is the galant 15 min from here. What should I do? -_-

Well I think you need a new desk.. that's for sure. :p However, if the Ikea Galant doesn't have any extensions or anything with it, it might be a bit too small for everything you have in your corner desk setup.

Or if you want to buy the Galant now, and get some extensions later on I think that would be fine. My brother just got the Galant yesterday with 2 extensions (1 on each side), and the thing is great; very sturdy and very big. :)

i'll never understand why people would sella desk they paid hundreds for for $25 :D. great deal man :)

anyone here have the cable management "tray" they sell at ikea i think its called the "signum" if you do please post some pics!!

Well I think you need a new desk.. that's for sure. :p However, if the Ikea Galant doesn't have any extensions or anything with it, it might be a bit too small for everything you have in your corner desk setup.

Or if you want to buy the Galant now, and get some extensions later on I think that would be fine. My brother just got the Galant yesterday with 2 extensions (1 on each side), and the thing is great; very sturdy and very big. :)

went and picked up the desk =) won't be home for another 3 hours though so I probably wont get the new setup pictures for another 5 -_-

But this desk is bigger then i thought =) ... which is a good thing :p

best way to do DIY cable management for the galant. can't buy anything from ikea.

rdyyyyyy go!

damnit well either I am going to be getting the Galant or building something similar myself. Nearest Ikea is in Sac which is about 3hrs away. Really want the L with extensions on each side but damn that is gonna cost me!!!

damnit well either I am going to be getting the Galant or building something similar myself. Nearest Ikea is in Sac which is about 3hrs away. Really want the L with extensions on each side but damn that is gonna cost me!!!

Galant FTW!

I have a silver/black galant and like it a lot... however, if I had to buy it again today I'd definately get the dark natural wood colored top. The black top matches all my components and looks good, but shows dust very bad (duh) and scuffs very easy. I may try to take them up on their TEN YEAR(!!!!!11!!!1!) :D warranty and try for a different color.

So does the black/brown version not really brown at all? Or where is it black and where is it brown?

anyone here have the cable management "tray" they sell at ikea i think its called the "signum" if you do please post some pics!!

I posted on page 5 of the rest of my setup. I have two of the signums across the bottom of my Galant. I can take some more pics if you want

I posted on page 5 of the rest of my setup. I have two of the signums across the bottom of my Galant. I can take some more pics if you want

Please do! I am still debating were to mount mine, I should of bought two but only grabbed one.

went and picked up the desk =) won't be home for another 3 hours though so I probably wont get the new setup pictures for another 5 -_-

But this desk is bigger then i thought =) ... which is a good thing :p

Good stuff. :p I'm assuming you went to the Ikea Store then and got one with extensions; or do you mean you're just going somewhere for 3 hours? :p

Anyway, looking forward to the pictures. I'm probably gonna get myself a Galant soon as well. :)

Good stuff. :p I'm assuming you went to the Ikea Store then and got one with extensions; or do you mean you're just going somewhere for 3 hours? :p

Anyway, looking forward to the pictures. I'm probably gonna get myself a Galant soon as well. :)

was out of town for the weekend and was checking craigslist up there actually =) Someone happened to list one the day before I left so we got together and I got it into my car after 45 minutes =)

I just finished wiring it as much as I am going to so I'll get pictures up in a few. No extensions though =\ And I ended up making a make-shift cable holder thing by cutting up a wire hanger into J shapes and putting them onto the back of the desk. It's working decent enough so far :p

------------- Edit for Pictures ----------------

IMG00134.jpg

IMG00135.jpg

IMG00139.jpg

IMG00136.jpg

IMG00138.jpg

IMG00137.jpg

was out of town for the weekend and was checking craigslist up there actually =) Someone happened to list one the day before I left so we got together and I got it into my car after 45 minutes =)

I just finished wiring it as much as I am going to so I'll get pictures up in a few. No extensions though =\ And I ended up making a make-shift cable holder thing by cutting up a wire hanger into J shapes and putting them onto the back of the desk. It's working decent enough so far :p

------------- Edit for Pictures ----------------

Nice stuff, looks like its quite a decent amount of space even without extensions and 2 monitors on there.

Back