Ikea desk gallery

heres mine... its the jerker with the optional stand. i love this desk. its super solid and has sooo much room.

sony433ex0.jpg

Just got a free Jerker from a client of our's that is moving out of state. This comes at a good time when I am moving into a new place in a week. Post pics later.

For those of you who have the Galant corner desk, can you give me some measurements? Actually, I just need one. 1 length is 63 inches on one side and the 2nd length is 47 inches. On the 63 inch side can someone tell me what the width is of the desk? I know its wider than the opposite side you could put an extension on. I ask because im having a custom top put on and I need that width. It will be all one piece as opposed to the addon and I dont like the width on the side with the addon as its not the same width.

I was thinking of getting the Galant desk to put into the corner of my room. However, there's something that's kind of detering me from doing that. How do you orient your speakers when your workstation is located in the corner of the room?

IMG_0238.JPG

My lovely desk I got on craigslist. I have 2 other shelves but don't know what to do with them yet.

I'll clean up and take better pictures eventually... -_-

"Effektiv" Desk... free off craigslist... Older version of the Galant...

With mah new 3007WFP-HC... and the 2 Soyos...

Ikea Fredrik. Not as deep as the Jerker, but I didn't need it to be that deep anyways.

2mn0vv5.jpg

Aren't those games cases a bit unstable for use as speaker stands?

I don't know what to replace them with. Ghetto, I know. But they're very stable, and don't wobble at all. Its been like that for a while now.

This is my current set up, the color looks kind of weird in these pics.

2912164129_b437a1b043_o.jpg

2912164125_fc8c9975be_o.jpg

2912164111_09f82df40f_o.jpg

Wish they still made the jerker:( I was unfortunate enough to miss the clearance sale, but I was lucky to pick this one up off of craigslist shortly after in mint shape. I picked up most of the shelves at Ikea and one off of ebay (when they still had them).
LgestleJerker.JPG

They stopped selling the jerker in 06 I believe. Has been replaced by the Fredrick.

Which isn't nearly as appealing.

On the plus side, I'm supposed to go look at a "mint condition" Jerker tomorrow. He wants $50, but I'm going to see about getting it for $40. :D

-S

Here is my workstation. I got the Galant 63" desk with the file cabinet.

I have this color scheme jerker myself, picked it up off craigslist for 100$ with the same shelves cept I only have 2 of the side shelves. Guy even still had the instruction book and warrantee reg card for it.

There are 2 jerkers on ebay right now, one in CA and one in DC. *search ikea desk*

Anyone looking to buy a Signum cable management for their Ikea desk?

PM me.

Could someone post the dimensions of the shelves on the Fredrik desk please?

And could I get a description of the "Cable shelf in the back" that's listed in the product information for the desk.

If I was to get a table top like the one in this pic.. what legs will I need to buy to get this thing sturdy and ready to go?

p1070187cd4.jpg

I found one on craigslist that I may pick up depending on if the original deal with the owner falls thru.

The nearest IKEA is 3hours away =(

how heavy is that computer for that bracket to hold it? cause my pc weighs in excess of 30 lbs and im wondering if that would snap off the bracket....and im considering the galant

I would guess my PC is around 20-25 pounds. I can push down on the bracket, and it still won't budge. I guess it all depends how tightly you screw it into the table.

If I was to get a table top like the one in this pic.. what legs will I need to buy to get this thing sturdy and ready to go?

I found one on craigslist that I may pick up depending on if the original deal with the owner falls thru.

The nearest IKEA is 3hours away =(

These are the legs I used:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20056915

I think there were some other types of legs as well. There is also a large support bracket that runs the length of the desk.

Back