I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

100_0238.jpg
sorry for the really stupid question, but where does your cable from your mobo connect to your psu? Either it's a trick and you just havent connected it to your modular psu OR you have seriously modded your psu and the cable is coming out the side.

the placement of mic/audio out and usb kills it for me, I put the case on my desk and having cables connected to the top of the case and hanging all over it would be quite annoying.. imagine opening the cd tray and closing it and having a couple of cables preventing it from closing lol.

Dude I would totally get one of these cases except I don't really like the back-to-front airflow. Wouldn't it be kinda starved for air if you had it stuck underneath a desk, with a whole bunch of cables hanging out the back over the intake? How do the temps compare to, say, a standard layout case such as the Lian Li PC-7?

Micah,
I was the one that had the sonata and now have this case. The Lian Li is the more silent of the two. The only things I miss are the perpendicularly mounted hard drives and the easy remove brackets for the drives, but with the frequency with which I actually remove drives, it's not a problem. If you are trying to decide between these two cases, go for the Lian Li, I've never looked back.

sorry for the really stupid question, but where does your cable from your mobo connect to your psu? Either it's a trick and you just havent connected it to your modular psu OR you have seriously modded your psu and the cable is coming out the side.

Modded psu, the cables are comming out of the side. You are right on! heres your cookie :)

Dude I would totally get one of these cases except I don't really like the back-to-front airflow. Wouldn't it be kinda starved for air if you had it stuck underneath a desk, with a whole bunch of cables hanging out the back over the intake? How do the temps compare to, say, a standard layout case such as the Lian Li PC-7?
I haven't run into any issues at all. I don't have another case to compare it to since my old one is 4x80mm and I don't feel like rebuilding my machine in that case just to test, but I can assure you that with my A05 under my desk, even during long gaming sessions the temps really aren't bad at all. Definitely not enough to prevent you from getting the case if you like it.

it is a few degrees hotter at most than a regular case. Honestly I haven't really noticed an increase. There is, however, a dead spot above the GFX that is pretty bad, and I still need some sort of cooler for it. I was looking at the Lian Li BS-03 attachment, but I haven't found it in stock ANYWHERE...

it is a few degrees hotter at most than a regular case. Honestly I haven't really noticed an increase. There is, however, a dead spot above the GFX that is pretty bad, and I still need some sort of cooler for it. I was looking at the Lian Li BS-03 attachment, but I haven't found it in stock ANYWHERE...

I bought these items to help with the HEAT from PerformancePc..fan is coming this afternoon...(SLI 8800 GTX..hot hot hot) :cool:

llplus2bracket01hs4.jpg

img0994cw9.jpg

I bought these items to help with the HEAT from PerformancePc..fan is coming this afternoon...(SLI 8800 GTX..hot hot hot) :cool:

llplus2bracket01hs4.jpg

img0994cw9.jpg

unfortunately, that's not the solution I want as I really don't like the side grill thing. Also the way my case is set up it would either be exhausting or not pulling air in as there would be a metal plate RIGHT there.

May I ask where did you get the side panel and exactly which model and make was the side panel from? I would love to have a side panel like that.

llplus2bracket01hs4.jpg

img0994cw9.jpg

Good luck with finding one of them. I got a BS-01 from Performance-PCs which seems to pull a decent amount of air out of the case, but it can only work so well with very little fresh air making it above the graphics card. I'm actually thinking about cutting a hole in the top of the case and sticking a 120 mm fan up there as an intake. It should give the graphics card plenty of fresh air and will create decent airlfow from it to the blower.

I'm actually thinking about cutting a hole in the top of the case and sticking a 120 mm fan up there as an intake. It should give the graphics card plenty of fresh air and will create decent airlfow from it to the blower.

Indeed it does :)
June19011.jpg

June19009.jpg

No word on a good uk supplier? I can't seem to find any reputable place selling one.

May I ask where did you get the side panel and exactly which model and make was the side panel from? I would love to have a side panel like that.

PerformancePc...they will sell you a g50 side panel..40shipped

wow. i've been looking through this thread...what an amazing little case! i am seriously thinking about getting this one. and i had no idea it had a 120mm fan in the front...i was thinking how it could possibly have adequate air flow for a performance PC. so pleased it can fit full size hardware, and the GTS/GTX, too. are there any other small cases that have comparable/better wire management, and maybe a built in window?

[RCKY] Thor;1031271153 said:
Here's my new build. Q6600, 8800GTX, PhysX and 4hdds crammed into a Lian Li PC-A05b.

DSCF1192.JPG

DSCF1194.JPG

What kinda temps are you seeing with this setup?

[RCKY] Thor;1031271153 said:
Here's my new build. Q6600, 8800GTX, PhysX and 4hdds crammed into a Lian Li PC-A05b.

http://lh6.google.com/karmazin/Rpc5VIFWUwI/AAAAAAAABxI/MT9N90g3b8w/s800/DSCF1192.JPG

[img]http://lh4.google.com/karmazin/Rpc5VoFWUxI/AAAAAAAABxQ/Ml8N7wmg_I4/s800/DSCF1194.JPG
[/QUOTE]

Do you have a fan on top..I would like to know your temp for this set..Can we have a front shot..do you keep the side off..I know it get very warm in there for sure ???

Temps are a bit on the high side at the moment, but nothing is getting too hot. It's been 100% stable under Orthos and a variety of games. I see about 60C on the proc under full load (soon to be fixed with a Tuniq Tower, I think), and the GTX hits 83-84 full load. The slot cooler is an intake at the moment, because it is all I had. Probably going to change that for an exhaust to help move air out of the stagnant area.

My gut tells me I need another intake just to help move the air around up top. Might look into the Lian aux fan that points right over the vid cards, but I'm a bit worried about it sucking in the warm air that the GTX is exhausting and just recirculating that. I may end up cutting a hole in the top and making that an intake, or getting that other side panel with the vents in it and adding an intake to that.

The whole top section of the case gets warm to the touch, especially towards the back, and near the GTX exhaust, so the case itself is absorbing and distributing some of the heat. The bottom stays pretty cool, decent airflow moving through there.

As for the side panel, it doesn't seem to change much having it on or off...if anything it's a few degrees better with it on.

All in all, I love the case, and I knew it would take a bit of tweaking for a setup like this in a small case, but coming from the SFF world (old rig in sig, no slouch in the heat department either) I'm used to it. :D

For those of you that have this case, what do you do if you have a power supply with a big 120mm or 140mm fan? Is there room beneath the power supply to allow for the psu fan to suck air?

I think I'm sold on this case. Now all I need to do is figure out what I can scrounge up to sell around the house to buy it :D

Don't know if this has been covered. I really don't like the back to front airflow. You're moving hot air from the heatsink and pretty much leaving a small amount of it inside the case. Hence slightly higher than usual temps.

This post has some good ideas:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2153690&postcount=14

I like the fan on the bottom. The PSU could be kept in the same are and maybe 1 - 2 120mm could be placed there and if a rad and a fan can fit that means 120mm alone should be no problem. Once those are in place the back and the front as well as the PSU can exhaust.

If you want a tad more work then there seems to be enough room for a 120mm on the top as an exhaust as well.

I like the size of the case but hated the air flow. Seeing that post has me thinking on this case now.

Or perhaps cutting the side of the case and have the in place fans as exhaust.

Considering it's keeping my quad, 4 HDDs and 8800GTX well within spec, I'd say there's nothing wrong with the back to front.

Cleaned up the wiring in my A05 a bit, switched PS to my Silverstone 750 model ( love the black color!) and will be adding Watercooling soon. Enjoy!

100_0235.jpg

100_0239.jpg

100_0236.jpg

100_0238.jpg

2 gig gskill
E6300
SS Zeus 750w
Asus p5n-e sli
evga 8800gts acs edition.
seagate 250

Is that underneath the mobo as well? How thick and how much is the dampening?

^^^ i just happened to complete the removal of the hdd cage today. only problem is i can hear the hard drive now lol. but i hope it helps with the cooling. there seems to be a lot more air coming out the vents in the front.

Just finished my roof mod. I can tell you, the VC cooler is much happier with a fresh, cool supply of air now. Temps have gone down all-around.
IMG_0107.jpg
[/IMG]

Love the new RAM
IMG_0108.jpg
[/IMG]

the roof vent, ordered from Frozen CPU. Its an a/c Ryan grille. I'm using the Silverstone 120mm that came with an old NT08 I had lying around. I have it on its controller, barely audible.
IMG_0109.jpg
[/IMG]

Anyone used any of the case bags/straps with the a05? Looks like it is too small for some of them.

LanP your work looks BEAUTIFUL. :p Thermalright man like meself!

Hmmm. I guess the bottom and front fans are enough to exhaust all the heat...

Can you turn the fan around on the vid card and have the top fan as an exhaust as well? That way all the hot air comes out through the top as it rises as it turn warmer. Just an idea.

The one thing I really don't like is this cpu air staying in the case. I'm anal.

If I do buy this case I have a few ideas that I might work with.

For those of you that have windows in these, would an 11" x 11" window fit? Or maybe an 11" x 8" ? Performance-pcs has both of those kits and there reasonably priced. If I get this case that's what I'll go for if it fits.

There was a guy who put a 12 x 12 on his window. I believe it was on this thread.

i'm thinking about cutting a huge rectangle out of the top case to help air flow... should i go with black or silver modders mesh to seal the top? Pretty soon im going to put a window in my pc-a05b.. just got my dremel in today.. gotta buy some discs... ooo this is so fun!:D

Just finished my roof mod. I can tell you, the VC cooler is much happier with a fresh, cool supply of air now. Temps have gone down all-around.
IMG_0107.jpg
[/IMG]

Love the new RAM
IMG_0108.jpg
[/IMG]

the roof vent, ordered from Frozen CPU. Its an a/c Ryan grille. I'm using the Silverstone 120mm that came with an old NT08 I had lying around. I have it on its controller, barely audible.
IMG_0109.jpg
[/IMG]

Reeally Nice work..can we get a pic of system with the side panel off...a few would be nice..I want a looky inside..;) :D

Am I missing something? This case is only 2" shorter than the PC-7B Plus 2 (the other dimensions are all the same) and it has 2 less 5.25" bays, 1 less 3.5" external bay, and poorer airflow since you're missing out on the 2nd 120mm fan. I have the PC-7B and 2" difference isn't that much when you consider what you're losing.

Back