I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

I hate you guys! I don't have the money to get one, and on top of that I have nothing to put in it!

One more PC-A05B to add.

I went and picked one up at directron. 89.95 was hard to pass up. Picked up 2 ultra quiet Enermax Enobal Marathon fans (44CFM, and really slow) for this box to keep it silent. Heatsink is an Enzotech Ultra-X running about 1500 rpms. Keeps my e6600 at 3.2 around 36C idle / 49C load (From asus AI Suite), 54C both cores in TAT.

main.php

main.php

Silence is golden.
Does your CPU heatsink touch your back fan?

just reversed the air flow from front to back. gonna see how the temps are. right now my overclocked 6300 is at 48C with the cores at 58C....yikes. but i have a hot room kinda so that might be why. otherwise i'm gonna put it back the way it was or get some damn water cooling :p
hmm... i'm gonna guess that it doesn't improve temps much. having the exhaust so low in the case may not remedy your heat issues.

and yes - WATERCOOL IT!

:D

just reversed the air flow from front to back. gonna see how the temps are. right now my overclocked 6300 is at 48C with the cores at 58C....yikes. but i have a hot room kinda so that might be why. otherwise i'm gonna put it back the way it was or get some damn water cooling :p

rofl weird...maybe the forums are acting up again

btw, i took off the front cover and temps went down 4 degrees. so pretty much, if you're gonna reverse the fans back to standard front to back, i'd make holes in the front for more air to come in thru but that kinda ruins the look huh? lol

and oddly enough, i feel more air coming thru the PSU than i did when it was back to front. i dunno why

Which way is better?

i saw we had one that water cooled in here. i was wondering if i could see the finished product? the last pics i looked at all the shit was strewn all over the table lol. i prolly wouldn't go with as big a rad though.

I'm seeing some folks with inverted heatpipes. Has anyone had any problems with northbridge temps or mosfets getting really hot because of the inversion?

just got finished with my quad core build.. overall.. I like the case (coming from a CM
ATCS 201B). At first I didn't like how thin the aluminum was but it seems to dissipate
heat pretty good. The only thing I didn't like about it was minor. The case used thin
threaded screws in most areas. I had a bunch of black ones I wanted to use but they
were the thick thread. This might be a Lian Li thing but I don't know since this is my first
one.

Cabling was a little tricky but it turned out alright..

Intel Q6600, PCP&C 750 Quad, 4GB Patriot DDR2/800, (gonna try to use my 7800GTX 512 a little longer heh), Raptor 150.

P1010337.jpg

P1010328.jpg

Magnetik...Your shot make the case look really BIG but I like your work sweet..!
I'm still playing around with the wiring in mine..this side panel with fan helps keep my system cool. :)
img0994kz1.jpg

got the silver one..!

just got finished with my quad core build.. overall.. I like the case (coming from a CM
ATCS 201B). At first I didn't like how thin the aluminum was but it seems to dissipate
heat pretty good. The only thing I didn't like about it was minor. The case used thin
threaded screws in most areas. I had a bunch of black ones I wanted to use but they
were the thick thread. This might be a Lian Li thing but I don't know since this is my first
one.

Cabling was a little tricky but it turned out alright..

Intel Q6600, PCP&C 750 Quad, 4GB Patriot DDR2/800, (gonna try to use my 7800GTX 512 a little longer heh), Raptor 150.

P1010337.jpg

img]http://www.thunderpimp.com/pics/lianli/P1010328.jpg[/img]
nice work bud. I can't tell from the photos but is the CPU HSF oriented in a way to flow with the back-to-front airflow of the case?
can't tell if the CPU HSF fan is pushing or pulling.

lol, mines came today without a window.... sigh, there goes another week, they better freaking overnight the damn thing.

nice work bud. I can't tell from the photos but is the CPU HSF oriented in a way to flow with the back-to-front airflow of the case?
can't tell if the CPU HSF fan is pushing or pulling.

When I found out the rear fan was blowing in.. I reversed it. Now the cpu fan is shooting out the back with the 120 flowing out. I did end up putting in 2 x 8800gts 640's this weekend and found out there is a dead spot of air right above the chipset... Is it normal for the 680i chipset to be hotter than anything else in my pc? just curious

When I found out the rear fan was blowing in.. I reversed it. Now the cpu fan is shooting out the back with the 120 flowing out. I did end up putting in 2 x 8800gts 640's this weekend and found out there is a dead spot of air right above the chipset... Is it normal for the 680i chipset to be hotter than anything else in my pc? just curious

Yes, I've found that the chipsets run hotter than the CPU in many cases. I have a 975X Asus P5W DH and my CPU runs 35-45C and my chipset runs 45-55C. Go figure.

Also, I was kind of mocking this case a few pages back, but I ended up picking one up the other day. Should be here in a few days :eek:

I semi-finished putting mines together, gotta send my side panel back though to get it window modded, told them to not refund me the shipping $$ instead use it towards shipping it 2-day method instead ....

I'll post pics tomorrow after I get a duster for my ultra 120 :D w/o the sexy window :(

I semi-finished putting mines together, gotta send my side panel back though to get it window modded, told them to not refund me the shipping $$ instead use it towards shipping it 2-day method instead ....

I'll post pics tomorrow after I get a duster for my ultra 120 :D w/o the sexy window :(

How close of a fit is it with the Ultra 120?

I have a question -- with the PSU on the bottom, are there modular PSU cables that are oriented upside down?

I have an enermax modular psu, and all of the cables have the connectors facing a certain direction such that it would make sense if the psu was on top of the drives. I have to use 2 cables instead of 1 so I can reach all of the drives which makes the wiring a lot messier.

Anyone encounter this?

Thanks

you can always just mount the psu upside down, that's how mines oriented.

Actually, I would probably have to turn the hard drives upside down right? But I wouldn't be able to do that to the DVD...

Just to clarify, the problem is that the PSU cables are oriented in such a way that I have to wire it all the way up, and the fold it back down, to be able to plug in my drives...

Ordered my pc-A05B yesterday from newegg - couldn't pass up the free shipping offer. Also ordered a matching cd rom bezel. The case shipped from tennessee and will be here tomorrow. The bezel shipped from cali and won't be here til Friday :)

Seems like their distribution would be more uniform.

Hmm thinking about getting this case and water cooling it. Just got to figure out how to get it to work.

This thing with yate loons is QUIET! i love it. My old case fully loaded weighed in at 29.4 lbs and this one is 23.6lbs! Almost 6 pounds less!

Well got mines together, still working on the cabling a bit though and excuse the crappy drawer it's on, no room with dual screen on desk lol, need more zip ties and waiting for the window, but here it is:

DSC01125.jpg

DSC01143.jpg

DSC01133.jpg

DSC01130.jpg

DSC01107.jpg

Mine came today! Hopefully I'll have it setup by Monday. I've seen smaller cases, but there is nothing on the market as sleek as this bad boy.

Back