I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

Ockie

*** Self Proclaimed Storage King ***
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
17,991
Yeah, I got the Lian Li PC-A05B in, damn it's an awesome little case.

I'm confident that I can fit my main rig in there (not that I'm going to, just that I can :D)


Let the pictures speak for themselfs.















There are no scratches or anything, my camera is teh gay and shows everything it seems like,
 

khanable

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Apr 21, 2006
Messages
9,780
I WANT IT!!!!!


Are you going to install your stuff into it?

I want some shots of it fully loaded...


shit man LL just put out 2 cases I am in love with

:(
 

MrGuvernment

Fully [H]
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
19,297
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh is so cute..lol


it is one slick looking mATX case (assuming)

was the cost on one of those?
 

khanable

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Apr 21, 2006
Messages
9,780
MrGuvernment said:
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh is so cute..lol


it is one slick looking mATX case (assuming)

was the cost on one of those?

It fits standard ATX mobos :)
 

Ockie

*** Self Proclaimed Storage King ***
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
17,991
MrGuvernment said:
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh is so cute..lol


it is one slick looking mATX case (assuming)

was the cost on one of those?

Takes standard mobos :)

It was $89, so not bad at all.


As for what I'm putting in there, I have no damn clue. Not really sure yet :)
 

l0cke

Gawd
Joined
Aug 13, 2005
Messages
810
LiveWire said:
Where does the power supply go?

who needs psus... apparently new asus mobos are powered by 1337ness.....





okay in goes in the front and theres and extension cord
 

LiveWire

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
99
l0cke said:
okay in goes in the front and theres and extension cord
Hmm, seems like it'd block an awful lot of airflow...

Even so I do think this be my next case!
 

Ockie

*** Self Proclaimed Storage King ***
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
17,991
LiveWire said:
Hmm, seems like it'd block an awful lot of airflow...

Even so I do think this be my next case!

It doesn't, airflow is just reversed... back out front.
 

DG25

Gawd
Joined
Dec 15, 2006
Messages
550
Ockie, can you please post some pics with the front aluminium cover removed and also the inside of the case, where the psu goes, with the hdd cage removed (if it can be removed)?
Thx.
 

chris.c

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
356
Is there an exhaust fan in front of the hard drive cage?

Is the hard drive cage removable?

Thanks.
 

Ockie

*** Self Proclaimed Storage King ***
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
17,991
I will see if it can be removed, however I don't think it would be an issue anyways with that drive cage in there.
 

chris.c

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
356
Ockie said:
I will see if it can be removed, however I don't think it would be an issue anyways with that drive cage in there.
I'm liking this case and have a few ideas on stuff to do with it... and that drive cage being removable would help a bit. Thanks for the help.
 

DG25

Gawd
Joined
Dec 15, 2006
Messages
550
I want to do some modding to this case, but i need to see the place where the back of the psu is (exhaust, on\off switch), behind the front panel (i think you can remove it, in order to plug the psu and turn it on). Some more pics would be great..:)
 

DG25

Gawd
Joined
Dec 15, 2006
Messages
550
Arghhh, don't know how to explain this more clearer, as english is not my native language. :(
I need to see a pic with the front side, but with the black aluminium panel removed, where the exhaust of the psu goes.
Also, i want to see a pic just like you posted above, from the same angle, but with the hdd cage removed.
 

Dark Prodigy

Jawbreaker
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
2,803
This case looks super cool. I'm starting to dig micro/mini cases alot. Until the Silverstone TJ08 and the Lian Li G50/V600 series, there just weren't many nice ones out. All they need to do now is to make a silver one with a sideview window.. :D



 

Ockie

*** Self Proclaimed Storage King ***
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
17,991
Well guys, I don't have my camera with me at the moment so I can't deliver on the pictures, however, I should be able to take some on tuesday


Or I can use the cheap digi camera I have.... hmmm
 

Ockie

*** Self Proclaimed Storage King ***
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
17,991
Okay, here are the crappy pics.

The PSU is removable, the plate of the PSU can be removed by the 4 thumb screws. Also, the front cover comes off just like any other lianli case... simply just pull it off.



The harddrive cage is not removable by screws. however, you can pop the 6 small rivets out and it can be removed. The fan is still mounted to the case and doesn't require the hard drive cage to be mounted.
 

khanable

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Apr 21, 2006
Messages
9,780
Wow I didnt even know it had a fan hidden in there

is that a 120mm fan? or is it smaller?

I had figured the only exhaust was the psu... good deal
 

Ockie

*** Self Proclaimed Storage King ***
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
17,991
khanable said:
Wow I didnt even know it had a fan hidden in there

is that a 120mm fan? or is it smaller?

I had figured the only exhaust was the psu... good deal

120mm :)
 

unknownsidhu

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
66
Is this case considered a mini or a mid? It looks to me like its a mini but ive seen it considered as a mid on many other sites. Im looking to get a nice clean case like this one for my build, but im having trouble finding this one at a local store. I think I may have to get this off of newegg or somethin, or consider getting myself a Lian Li PC-65B. This case could really use a window though. :p. Other than that, very nice case.
 

ryboto

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 17, 2006
Messages
289
ockie, thanks for the pics! I was wondering if you'd know whether or not the lian li drive covers would fit over the front of the optical drives. I would hate to tarnish the simple look of the front of the case with the face of an optical drive.

Edit:Also, could you take another picture of the front of the case without the aluminum face? I was wondering if I could see what the area around the optical bays looks like.
 

uberwurst

n00b
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
52
If this thing could house the 8800gtx I just ordered on newegg I would SO be getting this.
 

Ockie

*** Self Proclaimed Storage King ***
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
17,991
uberwurst said:
If this thing could house the 8800gtx I just ordered on newegg I would SO be getting this.

I dont' see why it wont fit.
 

Ockie

*** Self Proclaimed Storage King ***
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
17,991
ryboto said:
ockie, thanks for the pics! I was wondering if you'd know whether or not the lian li drive covers would fit over the front of the optical drives. I would hate to tarnish the simple look of the front of the case with the face of an optical drive.

Edit:Also, could you take another picture of the front of the case without the aluminum face? I was wondering if I could see what the area around the optical bays looks like.

I don't see why they would change their design not to accomidate thier large line of accessories... so I don't know but I'm assuming it uses the standard lianli covers.
 

SuperSubZero

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 21, 2000
Messages
3,647
The PSU's with the 120mm fan on the bottom.. Are they an issue in this case? Which way are they oriented? I assume they are at least partially blocked by something.

I'd be kinda worried about building too much of a beast in one of these tiny cases. Could say, a C2D 2.4ghz (no OC) with a 7950GT, a hard drive, and a DVD burner be squeezed into one of these without it overheating?

It is a cool case tho. Kinda looks like my PC60 which I do love so much.
 

indokyne

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 21, 2006
Messages
2,159
SuperSubZero said:
The PSU's with the 120mm fan on the bottom.. Are they an issue in this case? Which way are they oriented? I assume they are at least partially blocked by something.

I'd be kinda worried about building too much of a beast in one of these tiny cases. Could say, a C2D 2.4ghz (no OC) with a 7950GT, a hard drive, and a DVD burner be squeezed into one of these without it overheating?

It is a cool case tho. Kinda looks like my PC60 which I do love so much.
in reference to the PSU... i'm guessing that if you orientate your PSU so that the intake 120mm is on the top, some of the intake of the case (front mounted 120mm) would draft to the intake of the PSU...

if that's the case, i think it would be fine considering the alternative in standard ATX cases is for the PSU to draw in warm internal case air
 
Top